Dialog Direct Employee Reviews

It had its good and bad points!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 21, 2016
This was a big office. I had a lot of responsibilities. I enjoyed my job and the people that I worked with and still maintain contact with many of them to this day. Management was sometimes difficult.
Pros
Lots of great people.
Cons
Hard to get my yearly review.
Productive and nice place to work.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 17, 2016
Taking calls for the facility department. Quoting benefits and precertification for hospitals, free standing facilities, skilled nursing facilities, mental health and substance abuse facilities. I have learned how to navigate through different screens to find the information needed to provide the caller with the information they need. We are a great team. I am an assistant coach, I help my team with questions they are having problems with, I do side by side coaching, We have a great support system. The hardest part of the job is when you get an angry caller, all you can do is apologize for what ever it is that is upsetting them and keep a polite tone in your voice and give them the information they need in a timely manner so that when the call is over they are satisfied if not happy. I am a care committee member. We decorate desks for our team members who have birthdays , we think of things to do to keep moral up, we do contests, outings, parties.
Pros
bonuses, free lunches
Cons
no paid days off
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIOctober 8, 2016
This place is well organized, the culture of the company is nice and you feel at home like a family . The perks are nice as well they offer plenty of incentives to keep you active and aiming towards the goal of the company
Pros
You can advance within the company
Cons
some jobs are short term
No place for advancement in your career plath
Custom Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIOctober 6, 2016
My typical day at work was to assist client calls about insurance benefits for themselves or a patient. I enjoyed the assisting members or providers with medical related question. However, for me it became repetitive after a while. I had 2 really good team leads. But the way the floor as a whole ran it was sad. Their were to many chiefs and not enough Indians. Instead of actual help from a team lead (except for my own) they had "floor walkers" which were other CSR. I liked that they were on the floor ready to help but sometimes they seemed to off into their own world.
A fun place to work with a positive vibe.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 21, 2016
I do enjoy the Dialog team. The managers are supportive and there seems to be a lot of room for advancement within the company. A typical day here for me is busy and full of good clean energy from my co-workers and the staff alike. The hardest part of my job is having to disappoint customers with bad news when they request a product that is not in their distribution center or other issues they may have.
Pros
Clean enviorment, a great place for experience, room for growth
Cons
Unorganization, pay
Prodictive and a positive environment
Roadside Assistance Agent (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTSeptember 14, 2016
Working with the staff was always fun and well with the employees.
Some days were very busy but always made it the best. Clients can sometimes make rude comments but a positive attitude would fix the situation, or sometimes make it better.
fun workplace
Quality and Assurance (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 13, 2016
Dialogue marketing was a fun company to work for. the compensation was mediocre and the job security felt minimal as the company was not doing so well.
low wages
Unlicensed insurance Advisor (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 8, 2016
The call volume is lower than most call centers. 20 calls in 8 hours outside of open enrollment, and increases to 30-45 call volume during open enrollment. The average call can last up to 13 minutes. There is not much opportunity for advancement and wages are low.
Promotions are not based on performance but on buddy system
Pros
lenient with background
Cons
low wages and low job security
Not too happy
Customer Roadside Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Nice Company.
I worked overnight therefore there was a lot of independent work and lack of up to date information share because most new and updated systems were done and said during day shift.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
Unfit work environment, Bed bugs
fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 6, 2016
our team of coworkers worked together to service our members by addressing their problems and claims, and providing excellent customer service. Great experience
summary
Rescue Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 2, 2016
I came in contact with my management every day. certain aspects would make the job difficult such as attempting to secure service in an under/over populated.
Loved the job but pay wasn't competitive
Subject Matter Expert/Floor Walker (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 31, 2016
I actually really enjoyed my job with Dialog Direct, my only issue that I really had was that I wasn't earning as much as other call center jobs out there which have been offering 12+/hr while we were making 10/hr. I learned a lot about medicare health insurance and really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. There were a few things that weren't handled all that well such as break schedules and some over leniency that led to lazy employees in some cases. I would've been happy to move up in the company to Team Lead but as I was preparing to apply for the position the company lost its vital contract and now my location is being laid off permanently.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, monthly bonuses
Cons
non-competitive pay, lazy employees
Good Place to Start
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 30, 2016
Great place to get experience all across the board; call center - office - meeting and setting goals.
Not the best place for job security or advancement.
Upper Management doesn't seem to handle change well, and keeps secrets from employees. Doing this makes it difficult for people to feel comfortable coming to work everyday.

Not a terrible place to work, but it needs a re-organization.
Pros
The people!
Cons
Upper Management
Good company to work for
Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 30, 2016
Enjoyed working for dialogue marketing they offered vacation days after and the pay was great. Call center setting felt like home away from home. Raises and advancement in the company was also available.
Pros
Great pay nine co workers and management
Cons
Health maintenance of the building
after 4 years with company, they have nothing for me
Team Lead/Coach (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 25, 2016
Grand Rapids call center is closing October 17, 2016. I started in Holland in 2012 and after being with the company 4 years, was not given any option for staying.
Ok place for starter job
Line Operator / Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIAugust 25, 2016
This is the kind of job that you would want if you are just starting off in the work force. Its a nice environment to be in steady pace , but there may come times when they do not have work or contract may end causing lack of work for the employees
Pros
N/A
Cons
Lack of work
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 24, 2016
Helping member and solving their issue was the best part of the job. Not to mention, if you did everything correctly and had good performance you could be eligible for a $50, $150, and $300 bonus on your check each month! The hardest part of the job to me is when providers tell our members they submitted documents that's needed for prescriptions, and us as the insurance company don't see what the provider "supposedly" submitted. After we got rid of the site director, we noticed that everybody was getting their raises and had better communication with our team leads.
Pros
Team leads really care about their employees on their team.
Cons
The pay is too low for all the work we do for our members. (My opinion)
This has been a great place of employment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 22, 2016
A typical day of work requires answering phones and reading benefits. I have learned more about the health field. The most enjoyable part of the job are the other employees that work here. BT
Great place to work but executive management is aweful
Team Lead (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXAugust 5, 2016
I prefer not to speak about my personal experience. Just know it is a good job but doesn't pay enough and it is extremely, unnecessarily stressful sometimes due to the reaction of management.
Save your self
Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 4, 2016
I am a current employee at the Troy location, the management is horrible. They are ALWAYS hiring because they lie about their benefits. We were promised a raise every 3 months,nothing, instead you have to fight with management just to be informed that Raises are performance based. I went 6 months without a raise. They use old computers that run slow and have problems and Internet explorer for their internet options. They expect you to be "ready to work by scheduled time" but what they do not tell mention is that you will be expected to arrive 10-15 minutes prior just to make sure your systems work. In the meantime, they will only pay you to clock in 5 minutes earlier. Schedules changes are extreme, from month to month you may have a different schedule with no prior warning. You are expected to comply with your new schedule. Most positions have coaches that have been with the company for years so you can expect to be in your same job and pay range for up to one year. Their raise progression is .20 cents and caps after 1 year.
Also, you are allowed 7 attendance points, sounds good right, what they do not tell you is that IF you have to go to the ER, that is a point even if you bring discharge paperwork, child sick, another point, get into a car accident- another point, 30 seconds late , quarter point, HAVE AN EMERGENCY AND HAVE TO LEAVE WORK EARLY, WELL 1/2 A POINT...... so you see emergencies happens and 7 points is not a lot when you have true emergency. I have a sick child and my elderly parents had to take my child to the ER so I did not miss work. And the points fall
  more... off six months after you have received them.

Please, save your self, I was not properly informed when I took this job and have been trying to find another every since I was hired. For the pay it not worth the headache.
Pros
POPCORN
Cons
MANAGEMENT, POINT SYSTEM

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dialog Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7