Location: American Fork, UT
Position Type: Full Time
Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance including 401(k)
The Trainer/Instructional Designer will design, develop and facilitate learning solutions including but not limited to web/computer-based learning, instructor-led, blended instruction and virtual sessions. The Trainer/Instructional Designer works with the subject matter experts to obtain the information to be taught and organize it into logical, instructional patterns that are appropriate for the culture and level of the expertise of the end user. This individual demonstrates the application of adult learning principals to the contact center industry. Personal organization and execution are essential to delivering top quality training deliverables on time and on budget.
All candidates will be required to complete and pass a background check. All candidates selected will also be processed through E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of new training content for internal audiences based on sound, proven instructional design principles.
- Produce products that are received with a high level of internal and external client satisfaction while managing multiple priorities.
- Define the customer and learners’ needs and their relationship to the client’s business objectives.
- Link the needs analysis results to the learning objectives and training approaches when implementing the design plan.
- Using knowledge about the client’s business, design training that matches the learners’ training needs and contributes to the client’s business goals.
- Build and deliver training modules that the learners practice applying within the training.
- Develop effective assessment questions, quality distracters and practice interactions that match the objectives and content of the training and that accurately test the learners’ ability to meet the objectives.
- Complete assigned work on time and manage time/effort within assignments and knowledge area.
Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ year of classroom training or equivalent required
- Minimal travel as required
- Sales and/or Sales Training experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Instructional Design experience preferred
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks for multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient with MS Office 2003 or later, particularly PowerPoint, Excel, and Word required
- Experience with ADOBE Captivate & Articulate preffered
About Dialogue Marketing
Founded in 1977, Dialogue is focused on customer engagement services that create remarkable experiences between brands and consumers. By combining proprietary technology with a passionate, innovative culture, Dialogue enhances each stage of the customer life-cycle. The company has been recognized by Inc. Magazine, Crain’s Detroit and Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine as one of America’s fastest growing private companies.
_Be Remarkable | Inspire Change | Enable Success | Build Trust | Desire Growth
Celebrate Wins | Pay It Forward | Work As A Team, Act As A Family | Be Passionate
Have Fun, Smile More, Laugh Often | Inspire With Character_