Dialysis Clinic, Inc Employee Reviews

Lowest paying Dialysis clinic.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 11, 2017
Typical day at work is very hectic and tiring. Pay rate is lowest in the country. The clinic I work at is not a fun place to work anymore. I would not recommend this clinic to anyone.
Intern
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 5, 2017
I was just an intern there and it was very relaxed for most of the time. I enjoyed that the management stopped by everyday and asked how things were going!
Best Dialysis Company Ever!
Management (Current Employee) –  New YorkApril 23, 2017
Worked for the competitors before and I assure you if you truly care about patients and want to provide the best possible service a healthcare professional can provide then DCI is the company you should plan to have a career with. The Doctors not the shareholders make the decisions regarding patient care. DCI is the largest non profit dialysis company where the patients are the reason for this companies existence.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, great PTO and extended sick leave, caring leadership and Doctors
Cons
Not enough DCI clinics. Need to build more
Do not value their employees.
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  New MexicoApril 18, 2017
Worked as a pct for several years. Never felt I was valued as an employee and all the good I did for my patients. I enjoyed my patients.. but dci only cared about how many treatments they do per month and if it isn't enough you are forced to go home and use pto . The culture is full of gossip, backstabbing, and favoritism. Culture is also negative and some of there policies are extreme and management doesn't want to listen to any suggestions from staff. management will retaliate if you express your opinions. They also make you feel that you don't matter and they can replace you at anytime. It is sad considering I spent so many years with this company. There are far better organizations that value their employees and have a positive work culture. Don't waste your time here like i did.
Cons
Management, culture, negativity
excellent place to work very family oriented and caring enviornment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 17, 2017
This is a great place to work! The company care a lot about their patients and the workplace is very warm and heartfelt both toward the staff and patients.
Pros
great environment
Cons
pay not competitive
poor organization and management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMarch 31, 2017
I enjoyed working with a diverse group of patients. Yet there is no room for growth, staff is treated unfairly and management sucks. I would not recommend that anyone work for this company.
Pros
Working with the patients
Cons
management
Poor management and hours
Histocompatibility Technologist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2017
If you aren't the manager's friend then forget about good reviews/raises. Run by inexperienced managers. Also, an unreasonable amount of on-call work is expected.
Clean, guidelines followed incenter and in acute program for functionality of equipment
RN Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse/in center & Acute (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAMarch 12, 2017
In center and acute equipment clean, well maintained as far as functionality per mandated guidelines. Good Nephrologists. patients well treated by all. schedule variable in hours. flexibility required to meet needs of the team daily. poor work life balance.
Pros
good technical support for equipment. good co-workers
Cons
pay for the responsibilities low scale. poor work-home balance on acute side
High Turnover
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2017
High turner over, chaos, poor team work, lack of accountability. Management feeds off of staff in her office down talking other staff, backstabbing
Pros
Doctors are caring and it shows
Cons
Management staff are impulsive and feeds of gossip/drama, High Turnover. Can't keep direct patient care staff
One on one with the clients while helping them with their daily lives.
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAJanuary 23, 2017
One on one setting with the clients assisting them with their daily lives. I bring them to all their medical appointments as well as make sure their groomed and dressed properly for each season. I also help them prepare their meals, and take them to do all their shopping for their household items.
Pros
One on one time with the clients
Cons
No breaks
Company cares about their employees
Dialysis tech (Current Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 30, 2016
Great management that care about their teams. They work together with you instead of you working for them. Bosses are approachable and are helpful to you
Pros
Great benefits flexibility
Cons
Fragmented
Low pay and poor management
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 27, 2016
No room for growth, hours suck, and they pay you minimal. It's poorly run by a manager that has no idea what she's doing and shows favoritism to a few of the techs. My advice is, it's not worth it.
Great RN Career
Educator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 1, 2016
All nursing is patient care in some respect. At DCI patients are the priority to the Board of Directors, physicians and nurses in Columbus Georgia and Phenix City, Alabama. If you as an RN Registered Nurse are looking for a career with patient continuity this may be the place for you. If you are looking for possibilities of advancement, charge nurse, clinic manager, corporate nursing, transplant nursing, research nursing, Dialysis Clinic, Inc. may be the corporation that you are searching for. I have worked for DCI for 25 years and have not regretted even one year. As a corporation, corporate staff has fought to keep benefits very attractive, paid time off in volumes. I cannot keep the balance down taking 3-4 weeks vacation each year, not to mention in the position I work, the holidays off. Company Contribution s to individual 403 B accounts is rarely matched. Other perks I like are zero night work in most positions, nearly always off on Sundays, and consideration for request for time off. In many salaried positions the hours are somewhat flexible as long as you are available to patients and staff during regular hours. There are many requirements though. The comradery felt in a team environment with other staff, the confidence that your ideas count and are taken into consideration is unlike any other. If you are looking for an emploer to call home give DCI a try.
Pros
Benefits, great patient care, low mortality rate compared to other corporations, supportive environment, professional challenges
Cons
Slightly lower pay than others but benefits nomore than make up the difference
management is the worst, dont get paid for degree
rn (Former Employee) –  jacksonville flOctober 19, 2016
Be careful. The Clinics in Jacksonville have the WORST business administrator. the company does not pay you for your degree. BSNs and ADNs get paid the same. Overworked hours.
Challenging But rewarding.
PCT (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCOctober 1, 2016
DCI is a great company to work for. You have to be able to multitask,
This is true in any job. Very rewarding experience. More good days then bad. Not the best job I have ever had, but not the worst.
Try it out.
Pros
3 days off a week
Cons
11 hour days
Poor magement
Data (Former Employee) –  Dialysis Spartanburg SCSeptember 25, 2016
Trying to go and above my duties, even drawing blood, when the nurses couldn't get it,filing data entry and phones greeting patients! Helping anyone that need help
Pros
No pros
Cons
People spending too much time on breaks
No work in peace
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  GAAugust 14, 2016
Upper management are bullies ! They follow too much he says she say..too many one sided conversations and opinions ! Keep floor workers too stressed with unnecessary stuff ! Patients run the clinic,management is afraid of patients ...Charge nurses are lazy and do not help out!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Charge nurses and Management
Looking to promote the same
Nurse (Current Employee) –  South GeorgiaAugust 13, 2016
Unfortunately, opportunities for growth don't exist unless you think exactly like the ones in control now. The company has a wonderful mission that makes me proud to be associated with it. However, that mission cannot be lived in our area due to leadership challenges.
Pros
Great benefits. Service-oriented company.
Cons
Pay-scale too low. No support from administration.
Horrible management in Shreveport!
CCHT (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 31, 2016
I have never been so disgusted with management as what I am with Shreveport's! The manager over all of the clinics is petty, rude, and has no leadership skills- constantly speaks of herself or puts CCHT's down, there is no respect or appreciation shown to anyone under her.
As far as the unit managers are concerned, they're wonderful! Couldn't ask for better people!
The company itself is great, although they are cracking down and making some new rules lately. Also, they've made it difficult with staffing because the clinics are working with a skeleton crew(that is when they're actually able to keep staff due to the previously mentioned poor management). It's nearly impossible to get any time off, and you're made feel horrible if you've got to call off due to being sick or having a personal emergency.
Nothing is done about the patients talking to the staff in a sexually harassing way or about them being rude and disrespectful toward each other.
I honestly would NOT recommend anyone work at the Shreveport clinics under their current manager.
Pros
Decent lunch break time, good location
Cons
Bad management, poor leadership, underpaid for amount of work done
I believed the company motto, too bad the company doesn't
Social worker (Former Employee) –  Billings ClinicMay 15, 2016
The company motto is "we exist because of the patients". I believed this, and that is how I operated. Conversations that are supposed to be confidential are not. The nurses and patient care tech's listen to conversations between the social worker and the patient, the dietician and the patient, and the doctor and the patient. Obvious HIPPAA violations that nothing gets done about. Company policies are not applied equally from one unit to another, and some employees are held to a different standard than others. The Billings Clinic unit is very chaotic, with no administration in site, and a nurse manager who is there about once every other week because she is spread so thin. This unit is basically on auto pilot. If you like making decisions with no support that could potentially cost you your job, then this is the place for you! The pay is not even above the poverty level!
Pros
The patients are wonderful!
Cons
Low pay, unequal treatment of employees, HIPPAA violations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dialysis Clinic, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8