Dialysis Clinic, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible management in Shreveport!
CCHT (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 31, 2016
I have never been so disgusted with management as what I am with Shreveport's! The manager over all of the clinics is petty, rude, and has no leadership skills- constantly speaks of herself or puts CCHT's down, there is no respect or appreciation shown to anyone under her.
As far as the unit managers are concerned, they're wonderful! Couldn't ask for better people!
The company itself is great, although they are cracking down and making some new rules lately. Also, they've made it difficult with staffing because the clinics are working with a skeleton crew(that is when they're actually able to keep staff due to the previously mentioned poor management). It's nearly impossible to get any time off, and you're made feel horrible if you've got to call off due to being sick or having a personal emergency.
Nothing is done about the patients talking to the staff in a sexually harassing way or about them being rude and disrespectful toward each other.
I honestly would NOT recommend anyone work at the Shreveport clinics under their current manager.
Pros
Decent lunch break time, good location
Cons
Bad management, poor leadership, underpaid for amount of work done
I believed the company motto, too bad the company doesn't
Social worker (Former Employee) –  Billings ClinicMay 15, 2016
The company motto is "we exist because of the patients". I believed this, and that is how I operated. Conversations that are supposed to be confidential are not. The nurses and patient care tech's listen to conversations between the social worker and the patient, the dietician and the patient, and the doctor and the patient. Obvious HIPPAA violations that nothing gets done about. Company policies are not applied equally from one unit to another, and some employees are held to a different standard than others. The Billings Clinic unit is very chaotic, with no administration in site, and a nurse manager who is there about once every other week because she is spread so thin. This unit is basically on auto pilot. If you like making decisions with no support that could potentially cost you your job, then this is the place for you! The pay is not even above the poverty level!
Pros
The patients are wonderful!
Cons
Low pay, unequal treatment of employees, HIPPAA violations
Low pay, high turn over for a reason
Pct (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 13, 2016
Worked as a pct in freehold unit loved the patients however MANAGEMENT especially the new management is horrible a lot of BS they put you threw for very lowest pay in industry because it is a none profit company! Freehold nj manager the worst!
Best place I've ever worked
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2016
I love this company! They truly live by their mission...the patient is our reason for existence. If I were a dialysis patient, I wouldn't treat any where else. I have worked for the competitor. The schedule is great. I'll probably retire here.
Pros
Schedule, honest company with integrity
Great experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 19, 2016
As with any job, there is a period of time to get to know your co-workers. There are some seasoned people here that are a great resource. Stay out of the drama and focus on the patients that is what it is about. It is very hard physical work as most positions in nursing are. I learned a great deal. The educator that delivers training was superb! The hours are wonderful if you are a morning person the hours will be a huge plus!
Pros
co-workers, the patients, great charge nurse
Cons
unable to get a schedule that was regular, different every week
Too much
Tech (Former Employee) –  South GAAugust 13, 2015
Long hours with short breaks. Management was awful! They didn't care about the staff and was disrespectful to patients at times.
Pros
some benefits
Cons
pay was ok for the area
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 5, 2015
I was only there for an internship. I don't know much details about the actual total work environment. It seemed like a pretty cool place to work.
A good place to work with lots of good benefits.
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Pell City, ALFebruary 27, 2015
Fulfilling work helping patients and their caregivers sustain their lives on a regular basis. This company has several good and stable benefits. The most difficult part of this job is becoming familiar with the patients then seeing them possibly decline.
Pros
gaining pto when taking pto
Cons
decline in amount of work.
Poor Leadership/Awful Pay/ No room for growth
front office staff (Former Employee) –  southwest gaFebruary 26, 2015
Terrible leadership. won't pay you for degrees. i have a 4 year and a associates. petty people. again bad management and leadership. unprofessional staff. ok with being slack. high turnover rate at this clinic in southwest ga. glad im leaving
Pros
i got insurance
Cons
pay
Nice company. Felt like family.
Medical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PADecember 19, 2014
Nice company to work for. Only issues for me was lack of experience on my part and trying to work all the responsibilities required for the position during the work week so that I could create and solid work life balance without working on the weekends.
Pros
good management. very considerate.
Cons
work life balance. non-profit company. no overtime.
Nice company to work for
Flight/Ground Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 18, 2014
The people that I worked with were very pleasing to work with. It can be a fast paced work environment, but it makes the day go by faster. The hardest part about the job was the training.
Horrible nj & ny billing managers! They are bullies!
North Brunswick (Current Employee) –  North Brunswick, njOctober 29, 2014
They are very mean at this work place and are very unfair. Save your self and find another job.
Pros
you can look for a new job while working their.
Cons
the pay, the staff, the management.
Great company to work for!
Secretary/Benefits Coordinator/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAOctober 17, 2014
Staff and patients become like family. Excellent benefits, great boss
Be carefull with the staff
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville TNSeptember 9, 2014
AR Manager does not know how to separate her friends from personal to business. Will be able to see that in the first couple of weeks, that she has her favorites. Very unprofessional. Feels like you in Pre School with her "leads".
Pros
great company
Cons
ar staff
Very productive be careful with staff
Dialysis Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2014
you will work for every penny and company will always work shortstaff
Pros
no weekends, great benefits
A place of "lifeline"
CCHT- Clinical Chemical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCMarch 27, 2014
A typical day usually began around 5:30 AM and ended around 5 PM. Throughout the day assisting patients while they have dialysis treatment was a must. I learned so much about kidney failure and what causes people to have to result to dialysis. In this line of occupation, I had the opportunity to work with many different types of people. And I must admit the co-workers ranged from easy to work with and very difficult to work with. However, I managed to get my job done inspite of it all. The hardest part about this particular job was to see my patients suffer and some of them died. That was hard because after working with them for a period of time, a bond develops. The most enjoyable part of this job was to be a part of the reason my patients have a great day. A friendly smile, sharing love, and encouraging words can and will go a long way when someone is feeling down.
A free flow atmosphere with easy going management
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXNovember 8, 2013
A typical day was an 10hr day with an 1hr lunch break. I've learned to work in a fast pace atmosphere head on with diverse personalities. The management was really laid back as long as the work was done efficiently and all the patients were safe. There was a well rounded staff and all of us got along fairly well. The hardest part of the job was shift change at times not knowing who would possibly bleed out but even that wasn't really hard you just had to know how to make adjustments and adapt to the change. The most enjoyable part of the job was to sit and talk with patients and listening to them could be very entertaining at times.
Pros
free lunch and flexible vacation times
low rating
Head Nurse - Carol Molinari Dialysis Center (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 23, 2013
management are not experienced.
work /life balance is not appreciated
Educational place to work
Accounts Payable/Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCOctober 17, 2013
I elarned a great deal about dialysis and diseases of the kidney. The people I worked the closest with were amazingly supportive about everything, work and home.
Fun job but stressful
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2013
I received on thej job training and made good money their but the job got stressful and I got burned out.
Pros
pay
Cons
having to be at work at 5am till 5pm