Diamond Detective Agency Employee Reviews in United States

Ideal company
Security Officer/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2015
My experience with Diamond was great. Management as well as fellow co workers. Very team oriented and understanding. My site was based in Atlanta but the company has contracts all over the world. This by far is one of the industries top Security companies in my personal opinion
Positive environment full of excitment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  1651 s Halsted,Chicago Heights,IL.April 27, 2015
My employer was Diamond Detective Agency but i was contracted out to Thornridge High School. This was my first time working in a school so dealing with the students was a bit of a challenge in the beginning,but after a while i learned that most of the students were really great kids and was there to really learn something,i've had some moments here and there but on the whole it was a very interesting experience. My co-workers were a great bunch of people to work with,really dedicated.
Security Officer full time hours Monday through Friday during school hours....I would still be with this company if they were still in atlanta
Security Officer/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2015
Overall I really enjoyed working for this company. Management was very approachable and the hours were great. I worked Monday through Friday from 7am to 4pm no weekends.
OK job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILMarch 13, 2015
it was good up to the point they merged with U.S. Security. They told us that we had job security right up to the day they let the employees with no seniority
Supervized hourly staff of 4 around the clock
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Corporate building setting, 3 shifts. I learned I am pretty hands-on, and can work well alone or with a team.
pay was not very good
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILSeptember 5, 2014
management was very bias you were either best friends with them or they did not like you so then you were just tolerated
Cons
zero to no breaks long hours
Great employee communication
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 12, 2014
There were great work hours and the supervisors were willing to work with there employees to work around there family needs. They had open hours to work over time if wanted.
It's a job
Site Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILFebruary 8, 2014
I worked as a security supervisor for Diamond and I felt like it was a huge step up from some of the other security companies but the pay is terrible and the benefits are almost non-existent for anyone outside the office. The folks that worked in the office that you had to call in to twice a day were fantastic. They were always a huge help and got things done when you needed them. The management caused a few frustrations for me but they were pretty ok, better than most.
Pros
only 8 hour shifts, hard to get fired.
Cons
no lunches/breaks, no benefits, terrible pay
Family owned business
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJanuary 29, 2014
Typical day, recruiting, hiring and new hire orientation for new employees. The management was good, my direct supervisor was easy laid back. Very understanding. The hardest part of the job of course is writing up an employee or terminating an employee. For the most part the job was enjoyable.
Pros
family owned business, close nit organization culture.
Cons
salary was not competitive, expensive healthcare insurance, family owned business
A great company.
Business Operations, Guard (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 22, 2013
A great company to work for & good employees,never had a problem,with training or my superviser.
company was nice
Professional Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2013
company was good overall left on my own terms t hey had people who generally cared about their employees this company showed and taught me about teamwork.
Pros
liked it
not a good place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 14, 2013
low pay no benefits. no advancement opportunity. they will make your work no matter how sick you are and can care less about employees
Family oriented work place
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  1651 South Halsted St, Chicago Height, IL. 60411March 28, 2013
Working at Diamond was like working with your best friends. All employees on all levels were friendly, energetic to get he job done and all were willing to put the extra time in. Diamond always looked to promote from within first.
Laidback, but secure
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJanuary 4, 2013
All I did was sit at a desk all day, I learned some stuff regarding security, not as much as I would have liked. The mangers are friendly but serious about there work. I didn't have any co-workers on the same shift I was on. The only thing I had to remember was the keys from workers. I liked that I could have some quiet time when people left for the night.
Pros
go onto the internet, when people were gone
Cons
no breaks or lunch.
you see a job open for a long time...stay away!!!
Front end (Current Employee) –  TennDecember 27, 2012
Anytime you see a company with jobs open for a long time or a lot of open jobs....stay away, that company sucks!!
Take a look at these companies... G4S, Guardsmark, Allied Barton even this company!!
Like I said...lots of open jobs = low pay, you get treated like you are nothing and management is only looking out for themselfs
Cons
all of it
Fun and rewarding positions
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 31, 2012
I have held rewarding and challenging positions within Diamond security in Nashville TN. From securing a Train Station to securing flood victims Diamond Security never has failed to provide me with the means to make living.The hardest part of the job is to remain fully alert during long shifts. For me the most enjoyable part of my day is meeting new people. From the beginning to the end of my shifts I am constantly recording information such as time a semi arrived to the weight and contents of his load. I am the eyes and ears for a large factory and relay important information such as severe weather conditions.No day is ever the same.
Pros
great uniforms
Cons
lack of healthcare coverage
poor company to work for
Front End Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2012
poor company do not give the hours the workers need and poor working conditions they call in the early /late night hours can you work very rude personnel
You do not want to work for Diamond in Tenn.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 26, 2012
This company is not organized at all, the management expects some officers to follow policy when they do not themselves. You do not want to work for this security company here in Tenn. You get relieved late with some times being added up to 25 minutes a week you do not get paid for this, Not sure how some of the rank got their job its amazing...you work a different shift ever other day ...regardless of what your told in the interview the schedule is hardly ever consist, do not get raise when due after 90 days it can take 6 months for some... do not quit your job to come to Diamond.... BEWARE
Cons
alot to many to list
alright company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  East Point, GASeptember 13, 2012
the job was very enjoyable, just sucked how management dismissed entire staff without notice
Pros
working alone, unsupervised
Cons
management
Loss Prevention was an amazing challenging job that I loved
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILAugust 23, 2012
I worked in the worst areas of Chicagoland, because that is what I requested. I was excellent at what I did. Surveillance consisted of walking and or cameras. Then, I would have to apprehend. The excercise and adrenaline running after the thief was the best part. The worst part was once in awhile our company would lose in court

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Detective Agency. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9