Diamond Foods Employee Reviews

Employees are replcable
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 19, 2017
they work their employees way to hard with long hours and not enough pay. For how hard i have seen some employees work and how long some have been their this company is not worth it unless your already high on the chain
Has it's goods and bads
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 13, 2017
Dependent on position, work day either rotated or remains the same daily.
I Learned to operate several machines, learn new positions and better coordinate employees dependent on their work skills and people skills.
There are many lead supervisors and no managers watching over you so leads are your immediate bosses as a whole it's unorganized. Some are very strict even when it comes to bathroom use and some are very good to work under.
I love the community because I spent almost 8 years there and they are like family to me.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with fun and thoughtful people.
Pros
Good community, weekends off, paid weekly
Cons
Low pay vs. other factories, some management abuse power at times.
A decent place to work for.
Case Packer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 26, 2017
I truly loved this job but unfortuentaly they had to layoff about 200 people do to losing a major contract. Made lots of good friends and you get paid every Friday.
Pros
Getting paid every Friday
Cons
Not enough work or hours
It was fun
Loader/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 22, 2017
The job was good but it could be better it was a union job an they didn't do nothing for the employees but i worked most of the jobs and i had my favorites
Pros
Paid vacation they took care of us
Cons
They had union
great work environment
Loader/Unloader (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 11, 2017
great lunch room long hours overtime i liked to be in blending and glaze bulk was my #2 place to work supervisor was awesome i would like to work next season
great place to work,
MAINTENACE PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 8, 2017
In my particular job it is a 10 hour day starting with shift pass-downs then maintaining Kronos time keeping program for our department. Moving on to MP2 the CMMS program to maintain our equipment, create work orders and track what we have accomplished. Our management team is lean and at times I fill in for meetings, and give employee direction. In our department we are goal orientated, get work orders completed and manage our time.
The hardest part of the job is coordinating all the jobs and cotractors with the maintenance department to accomplish the jobs we set out to do. At the end of the day the enjoyable part is realizing what was accomplished during the day.
Pros
1/2 day off a month with pay. Employee Recgnition Day
Cons
None really, work till it's done.
Very productive and flexable schedules
Wharehouse/ shipping and Productions /sanitation (Former Employee) –  Stockton CaliforniaMarch 8, 2017
Very good workplace friendly employees and staff very good working conditions different departments so you can't get bored in one Department can switch departments upon request depending on seniority
Pros
Paid buisness days/ one week paid vacation
Cons
Poor healthcare plan/
Productive and fantasic place to work.
Deductions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 8, 2017
Managed my own accounts. Addressed all emails for customers. Learned to Cleared Deduction invoices, request BOL/PODs, pull back up thru several systems.
Enjoy working for Diamond Foods. My Director and Supervisors where awesome to work for.
Pros
Lunchs provided at end of month
Cons
No Health care
great place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 31, 2017
Fun working environment, great products, overall good place to work and learn about the industry. Would definitely recommend to everyone. Fast pace like I like.
Was a good company
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 30, 2017
It was a good place to work,proper training was provided.the job kept you busy made time fly. The management was a bit snobby ,but they kept the place in order.
Interesting
Package Handler (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 28, 2016
I had fun I got know more peaple and got out my house I loved my job but they let me go and saided I was late so had to let me go so last my job because that
Diamond foods inc
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 28, 2016
On a day to day typical day I definitely liked that our typical duties were clear and concise. Co-workers are very friendly and our supervisors are ALWAYS there when and if we need them with issues or concerns regarding a customer and or purchase order.
Some days it can be difficult when our orders may not have went the way we planned, carrier issues delivering product as requested, and or a customer is not satisfied. But this is where we learn to grow thick skin, learn how to adjust to difficult situations and move forward in a better direction.
Pros
starting salary is entry level but not too bad
Cons
benefits are not that great
Always busy, makes the day go by fast
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIJune 26, 2016
A typical day at work: Put forth lots of effort from day to day with no recognition

I learned Machine operation, some machine maintenance

Poor management, doesn't listen to the workers, doesn't appreciate the workers

Co workers are great and always work together to get the job done

The hardest part of the job would be putting up with supervisor/team leads, making sure everything is running and running correctly
Pros
Gave me machine operating experience
Cons
Poor management, hard place to advance at, lack of communication between management to employees, rarely get time off, work every other weekend, low pay, supervisor/leads don't appreciate the workers
Diamond Foods
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 12, 2016
Working for Diamond Foods has be a great experience in the Accounts Payable Position I am working in. I work with great people.
Pros
Free chips and popcorn
Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Looooong hours! plus weekends, inexperience management team, no room for promotion if you are not engineer. No real training, just like the bull fights: they will throw you to the ring and you are on your own. More than 14 production lines to supervise on a union environment, Crazy!!, if you are on the off shifts you will do the managers job (with out the pay!!). The company can not keep the Supervisors, I wondering why???. Management is really worry on Safety but the accident rate is high. Quality is not there, bad product will be re-process to hide the problem (really concern!, I just don't eat their product).
Pros
Great company to make you strong dealing with problems.
Cons
All of the above. :), for the about of hours I probably will be making more money in McDonals:)
It was a nice job, near my home.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 11, 2015
I learned a lot about cleaning food processing equipment. I felt that management was very kind when I severely broke my arm at home during my probationary period. Management waved my probation and kept my seniority, and I returned to work 4 months later. Diamond Walnut is very professional in the field of food processing. My co-workers had a lot of pride in their work and I also shared that pride. The hardest part of the job was the low hourly wage and the fact that the work is seasonal. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Turkeys at Thanksgiving.
Cons
Low wage
diamond food
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 27, 2015
work is fast I learned how to work on a line management was good they always came and checked on the lines to make sure every was running right the co workers where helpful I don't think there was a hard part because everyone helped everyone the most enjoyable time was being able to have co workers help each other out
Pros
good work enviorment
Cons
n/a
Productive work place
Packer/ Receiver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 20, 2015
Everyday is basically a set day once i walk into the door, i make sure i have everything in order for the next shift. Keeping things organized is very helpful and i learned that in my different work fields. Maintaing everything and working hard is what i do best.
positive work environment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 22, 2015
The language barrier, keeps employees from communicating more effectively. Also I feel the management shows favoritism amongst employees.
Pros
great break room good warehouse temperature
Cons
language barriers
great people to work for.
fry vat operator (Former Employee) –  beloit,wiAugust 31, 2015
good atmosphere. management worked hand in hand with production if needed. people were pleasant and upbeat. hours were not hard to work. i really liked the place. if i had not moved, i would probably still be there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7