Diamond Foods Employee Reviews

We had our fun and laughter times . I got along with others and mangement .
Crew Leader/Sanitation Tech 3 (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INMarch 26, 2014
I enjoyed my position at Diamond Foods, Inc. As a crew leader I developed a strong relationship with my crew and achieved results in a safe and cost effective matter. Diamond had dinners for main holidays. Gave us free turkeys and hams for major holidays. Had pizza for meeting high standards and goals passing inspections, sales goals of product. Had name drawing to win tickets for colts game . I won one . It was for those who had a good attendance from Sept through the of Dec. That was our peak season for high sales during those three months of the holidays. Had days that went according to schedule . Days things would change from what was assigned for the shift . Co-workers were pleasant to work with. Management had they off days and good days.
Pros
have dinners cartered in for holidays. send birthday and anniversary cards .
Cons
operation shut down of fishers facility. 1/2013.
It was a nice job, near my home.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 11, 2015
I learned a lot about cleaning food processing equipment. I felt that management was very kind when I severely broke my arm at home during my probationary period. Management waved my probation and kept my seniority, and I returned to work 4 months later. Diamond Walnut is very professional in the field of food processing. My co-workers had a lot of pride in their work and I also shared that pride. The hardest part of the job was the low hourly wage and the fact that the work is seasonal. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Turkeys at Thanksgiving.
Cons
Low wage
Seasonal position
Loader (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 15, 2012
I only worked here for 1 month during their seasonal hiring period which is usually in september. I did not like the way they treated me or they other seasonal employees. They had no respect for me and had me doing way more than I was initially told I would be doing. It wouldn't of been so bad only they had me doing all the filthy jobs that nobody wanted to do. I worked over 8 hours a day and sometimes 8-9 days straight and all for minimum wage. I will not be going back to work for them.
Pros
lot's of overtime
Cons
minimum wage pay
Productive day makes me happy...
Lead Seasoner (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WISeptember 2, 2012
I enjoy going to a job that makes me feel like I have accomplished something good. I like to be productive and work hard. I give my all everyday. I like to work and see my co-workers happy as well. It makes for a great team. I have learned that hard work and dedication always pays off in the end.
Pros
good bonus program for working hard and following safety guidelines
Cons
could use a better break in the costs i pay out for health care insurance
worse place to work for..
General Labor/seasonal (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CaMay 25, 2013
I worked in a production line for 4 years and Diamond was the worse place I worked for. The people that have years treat you like bad. I was seasonal, but I sure didn't work 4 months like they said they lies it's only a month if you we're lucky. Poor management I ever seen before. Only get pay 8$ shhh my other production jobs we're 9 or 10.. This place is not worth it.
Cons
didnt know what shift you work..!
Not fun at all!
General Labor (Former Employee) –  stockton, caNovember 15, 2012
I work here seasonal for two years. Co-workers can give you a hard time, especially the employers that have years working here. Only, get paid minimum wage & work in a fast pace for that $ not worth it. still work thru a union & take 150$ They lie about you working 4months in the season & poor management! The headrest part was dealing with lazy employers on the production line.
Cons
nothing!
diamond food
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 27, 2015
work is fast I learned how to work on a line management was good they always came and checked on the lines to make sure every was running right the co workers where helpful I don't think there was a hard part because everyone helped everyone the most enjoyable time was being able to have co workers help each other out
Pros
good work enviorment
Cons
n/a
Productive place with many great people surrounding you.
Packer (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INOctober 5, 2012
I help operators out the best way possible by making sure I pack our products at a fast pace. Management is alwasy around, so if theres ever any questions, I know I always have the opportunity to ask. Packing peanuts keeps me busy, and that's a good thing.
Pros
pitch ins
Cons
do not get benefits unless hired on
don't work here
former lead at dc (Former Employee) –  salem oregonOctober 10, 2014
If your in the in crowd you may advance. Hard work and dedication gets you no where. They don't take incidents seriously. Horrible place to work.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
no advancement, safety concerns, management inconsistent, no leadership and management has no idea what goes on on the warehouse floor.
Job review
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 14, 2015
Ok job but shifts are not consistent for someone is working to meet ends meet. Graveyard is the only shift where I felt that management really care about me as a new employee. He wanted us to learn the correct way of packaging so lines would run properly.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
not enough pay or hours
Productive work place
Packer/ Receiver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 20, 2015
Everyday is basically a set day once i walk into the door, i make sure i have everything in order for the next shift. Keeping things organized is very helpful and i learned that in my different work fields. Maintaing everything and working hard is what i do best.
Challenging and productive workplace.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 1, 2012
I have learned several different types of bagging machine in the 2 years I have been employed with Diamond. I have also learned to prioritize, direct and supervise small groups of my co-workers in order to achieve certain tasks as required.
Poorly managed production/distribution center.
Expeditor/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 30, 2013
Poorly managed and inconsistent with product recipes. Supervisors would go behind each others back disregarding and down talking one another which lead to continuous confusion and disagreements.
production machine operator
Laborer, machine operator, line supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 9, 2014
wrap product, pack product, weigh product, sort product, mix product, sort product, label product, supervised a line of 10-15 people and make sure they were doing the job they were supposed to, santitize machines
not a good place to work
Warehouse Worker/ General Labor (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 7, 2012
Boring and very unorginized. Learned how to work on fast paced production line. Management was not good at all. Co-workers are nice and pretty cool. Hardest part of the job waz cleaning the machines.
Cons
no future there
place to help get food ready for shipping
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 29, 2014
everyday you come in and go to your assigned stations and do you assigned job, in my case it was to stand at the assembly line and pack peanuts to get them ready for shipping out to different stores.
Working as pkg.machine operator
Package Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIAugust 29, 2013
Working at Diamond was a great experience for me and I enjoyed the type of work I did there and would welcome that type of work setting again.
Pros
the challange of work production
Cons
having to get laid off
great people to work for.
fry vat operator (Former Employee) –  beloit,wiAugust 31, 2015
good atmosphere. management worked hand in hand with production if needed. people were pleasant and upbeat. hours were not hard to work. i really liked the place. if i had not moved, i would probably still be there
Many opportunitys for sucess.
Machine operator team lead/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fishers, In.February 7, 2012
It's definitly a great place to work and grow as an individual, competitive learning and high exspectations of quality product.
Pros
friendly people, very helpful
Cons
mandatory overtime
positive work environment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 22, 2015
The language barrier, keeps employees from communicating more effectively. Also I feel the management shows favoritism amongst employees.
Pros
great break room good warehouse temperature
Cons
language barriers