Diamond Healthcare Corporation

Diamond Healthcare Corporation Employee Reviews

Growth Opportunity, all the training you need, decent benefits.
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 3, 2016
They patiently helped me through struggles, very flexible when "life happens". This is a unique position at Diamond, and isn't for everyone. A tremendous amount of patience and attention to detail are required. Benefits are pretty good, healthcare kicks in on the fitrst full month after employment.

Payroll is well-executed, pretty generous paid-time-off that exceeds most places you may first join. Director of Training is thorough and will make time for any questions you may have, so you are never alone.

If you are willing to go to college, their is a great deal of room to move about the company. Corporate office is in Richmond, so not a stretch.
Pros
Free food, responsive to needs for supplies, Training Director is very helpful and supportive, ample growth opportunity, pretty good equipment, nice, clean office.
Cons
Toxic office environment among the rank and file, lack of separation between management and employees.
bad employees dangerous for your family
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  PlanoJanuary 30, 2017
its putting lipstick on a pig. its still Oceans employees who are there you cant just change the name and call "do over"management stinks work place culture is negative and confrontational.they want me to write more but I dont want to'
Pros
Cons
administration
Poor management support
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 17, 2016
Support from upper management was poor and as a result high staff turnover. Does not support self-care and work like balance as they state they do. Not appropriately compensated or promoted. Management makes verbal promises that are not kept. Unfortunately, I would not support this employer although staff is needed to help the patients in the facility. A lot of negativity and toxic work environment.
Pros
Same level counselors supportive.
Cons
Upper management not supportive and are demeaning to employees.
Currently Working Here
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 23, 2016
It's a great place good people and a beautiful environment . The CEO is very friends and all the bigger people are very nice and sweet . I'm would stay at this company for a long time
Pros
Free Drinks, Bouns, PTO
Cons
part time
Psychiatric Management Group - Great Work Atmosphere
Shoals Senior Care Center (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALAugust 6, 2016
Wonderful Psychiatric Management Group. I worked as Nurse Manager on 30 bed unit at Shoals Hospital for which they contracted. I went on to become the Program Director and Nurse Manager at the close of the contract.
Pros
Lots of professional support
Cons
Contracted
i like it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 19, 2016
is it good company to work for nice and friendly around your hoursif you need something that usually help you out just good all the way aroundI would recommend people to work there
Awful and Shady Place to work
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDNovember 28, 2016
Please be VERY careful of working for this company. These people are VERY deceitful and do unethical things all while smiling in your face. Nice pay but comes at a price.
Diamond
Nurse Manager/Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 30, 2016
Good company to work with. Taught me management skills and enriched my knowledge of healthcare from a management standpoint. I enjoyed my job.
New Knowledge, Independent working
CSR (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 10, 2012
Took inventory of parts and equipment and maintained inventory records.
• Sold auto parts both retail and wholesale.
• Kept records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
• Resolved customers' service and billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, and adjusting bills.
• Reviewed insurance policy terms in order to determine whether a particular loss was covered by insurance.
• Conferred with customers by telephone and in person in order to provide information about products and services, to take orders and cancel accounts, and to obtain details of complaint Arranged for repair and replacement of defective items covered by
Pros
independent work environment, enjoyed helping others
Cons
no room for advancement, rude management
Good people to work with
Staff nurse/Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 14, 2016
Work with wonderful staff. Psychiatric nursing to only for those who are dedicated. Turnover is high at this present time. Physicians are knowledgeable and respect the nursing staff.
Pros
location
Cons
management turnovet
A very high paced interesting and good place to work!!!
Mental Health Technician (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Washington D.C.June 16, 2014
A typical day at work includes taking report from the exiting shift, assisting clients with every thing from bathing to setting up outpatient care. I have learned that just when i sit and think about the small things in life that do not really matter; that there are other more needy people with much bigger problems. Being a people person makes me love this job. Management here is ok, however it seems as though there is no space for suggestions from the people who actually have to do the hands on work. My co-workers are the best we make it our business to work as a team. The hardest part of the job is having to restrain clients who are mentally ill and dont really realize what is going on with themselves. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing that client that was admitted two weeks ago; walk out in sound mind and body, and thank the staff for their help.
Overall a good place
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 22, 2015
A typical work day is the same as any other work environment in a inpatient environment. Work is balanced and feasible. Co-workers and culture are healthy as well.
Had some negatives and positives
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tucumcari, NMDecember 13, 2013
The district manager over the pulmonary rehabilitation programs was supportive and very helpful, always willing to give advice in times of need. I was allowed to display my quirky/funny personality without being made to feel unprofessional. On the negative side, program was run by people that were not medical and should not of been offering suggestions about clinical care outside of their specialty. Some people in the company did not want to speak with you during site visits unless you were a program manager. The medical directors opinions were also ignored.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of communication and respect
Program implementation was exciting anf enjoyable. Environment rural with limited access to other peer professionals.
Program Manager/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2013
Services received and benefited patients who left daily feeling better about themselves. Gained knowledge about seniors and their capacity to endure ongoing therapeutic treatments that were structured. Corporate management very good and available. Job site isolated from other professionals which was at times difficult. Working and helping the patients; seeing their improvement; and knowing they felt better because of the services being provided was the most enjoyable part of this job.
Challenging and motivated company
Corporate Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2014
Opportunities for learning and interact with many cultures, executives and communities.
Pros
Traveling
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochelle Park, NJSeptember 2, 2013
I learned working with accountants is my favorite place to be.

Management was great, co workers were very helpful and intelligent. There really was not a hard part other than tax season. This was an accounting firm.

The most enjoyable part of this job was assisting customers and helping them with their concerns.
Pros
great work envirnment
Cons
no cons
Diamond Nuts was a nice place to work.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INSeptember 15, 2013
i learned alot about different nuts.
The management team was nice but seemed to distant themselves from there employees. Otherwise everyone seemed to get along really well.
I would of liked to of worked there longer but they closed down.
Pros
A great learning experiance
Cons
Company closed
I wish the people were as great as the pay
LPN (Former Employee) –  Pavilion at Williamsburg PlaceMarch 20, 2013
When I first started the DON was from the Corporate office in Richmond and did a fabulous job. She cared about her staff and believed in making sure we all had what we needed to be successful. Unfortunately, she left in the middle of November and the new CNO started. She never even bothered to learn our real names. She was never available when we needed her, she implemented policies that benefited the bottom line, not the staff or patients and she allowed hearsay from grouchy supervisors and stupid, lazy, incapable staff members to influence her decisions regarding treatment of employees with "behavioral" problems. Basically, if you don't suck up to her and the supervisors and 1 LPN in particular, they will make your life miserable and ultimately manufacture a reason to get rid of you. But I was making excellent money and had wonderful benefits that I didn't have to wait for, so I was trying to stick it out, but at the end of the day it just wasn't worth it. And proceed with caution, they are extremely disorganized and will be lucky not to be shut down when they get inspected this year. I have heard of growing pains and I know the facility hasn't been open for quite a year, but that is no excuse for the laziness and lack of professionalism that has resulted in the neglect of medical records and a failure to ensure proper protocols are in place and in use at all times.
Pros
excellent compensation and benefits
Cons
extremely mismanaged and very cliquey
Company is making improvements
Interim Director of Revenue Cycle Management (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 8, 2014
Previously no employee engagement/satisfaction measurement. They are working to improve this now by engaging management.
Pros
Supportive CFO
Cons
Long term planning
lack of respect for nurses
nurse (Former Employee) –  marylandJuly 22, 2014
Not a very compassionate company to work for. Much disrespect shown by upper management a nd physicians for all nursing staff
Pros
Not much overtime
Cons
disrespectufl attitudes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Healthcare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8