Diamond Healthcare Corporation

Diamond Healthcare Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Good people to work with
Staff nurse/Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 14, 2016
Work with wonderful staff. Psychiatric nursing to only for those who are dedicated. Turnover is high at this present time. Physicians are knowledgeable and respect the nursing staff.
Pros
location
Cons
management turnovet
Overall a good place
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 22, 2015
A typical work day is the same as any other work environment in a inpatient environment. Work is balanced and feasible. Co-workers and culture are healthy as well.
Company is making improvements
Interim Director of Revenue Cycle Management (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 8, 2014
Previously no employee engagement/satisfaction measurement. They are working to improve this now by engaging management.
Pros
supportive cfo
Cons
long term planning
lack of respect for nurses
nurse (Former Employee) –  marylandJuly 22, 2014
Not a very compassionate company to work for. Much disrespect shown by upper management a nd physicians for all nursing staff
Pros
not much overtime
Cons
disrespectufl attitudes
Challenging and motivated company
Corporate Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2014
Opportunities for learning and interact with many cultures, executives and communities.
Pros
traveling
A very high paced interesting and good place to work!!!
Mental Health Technician (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Washington D.C.June 16, 2014
A typical day at work includes taking report from the exiting shift, assisting clients with every thing from bathing to setting up outpatient care. I have learned that just when i sit and think about the small things in life that do not really matter; that there are other more needy people with much bigger problems. Being a people person makes me love this job. Management here is ok, however it seems as though there is no space for suggestions from the people who actually have to do the hands on work. My co-workers are the best we make it our business to work as a team. The hardest part of the job is having to restrain clients who are mentally ill and dont really realize what is going on with themselves. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing that client that was admitted two weeks ago; walk out in sound mind and body, and thank the staff for their help.
Poor staffing ratios, "let go" of great staff every week for cronysm
Nurse (Former Employee) –  WilliamsburgJune 15, 2014
If you are a respected Professional, I would not recommend this facility at all.

They provide poor basic orientation. The PRN staff run the place and regular employees are exploited.

The administration eliminates great employees for no reason at all.

Staffing ratios never normal. Dangerous levels 17-19 to one
Pros
ex employee
Cons
cannot trust administration, cliques of novice workers influence how others are unjustly treated.
Had some negatives and positives
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tucumcari, NMDecember 13, 2013
The district manager over the pulmonary rehabilitation programs was supportive and very helpful, always willing to give advice in times of need. I was allowed to display my quirky/funny personality without being made to feel unprofessional. On the negative side, program was run by people that were not medical and should not of been offering suggestions about clinical care outside of their specialty. Some people in the company did not want to speak with you during site visits unless you were a program manager. The medical directors opinions were also ignored.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
lack of communication and respect
Awesome rewarding position.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowie, TXOctober 15, 2013
I worked from about 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. It was a great job. I helped build this program from the ground up. As a liaison between Diamond Healthcare Corporation, the leading mental health care corporation in the nation, and Bowie Memorial Hospital I was able to serve both as the Program Manager and a Department Head for the hospital. I loved helping the elderly and their families and it felt like a treat to get paid to provide such a service to others in need. I enjoyed my team, and maintained a 98% retention rate with my staff over the duration of my position. I enjoyed the challenge of managing professional staff as my therapists and physicians each had their own way of doing things that did not always go hand in hand with others on the team. However, we all very much enjoyed what we were providing to the families in our community, and especially our elderly patients. It was an amazing position. I had to leave it due to the need for flexibility in my schedule so that I could take care of my sister during her time of need. Otherwise, I would still be there.
Pros
helping others, learned to manage professionals, very rewarding
Cons
never ending policies and procedures that required 100% compliance at all times.
Diamond Nuts was a nice place to work.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INSeptember 15, 2013
i learned alot about different nuts.
The management team was nice but seemed to distant themselves from there employees. Otherwise everyone seemed to get along really well.
I would of liked to of worked there longer but they closed down.
Pros
a great learning experiance
Cons
company closed
Very productive and positive company to work for.
Corporate Behavioral Health Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 12, 2013
Great management, fair, supportive and experienced managers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard to find work in metropolitan areas
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochelle Park, NJSeptember 2, 2013
I learned working with accountants is my favorite place to be.

Management was great, co workers were very helpful and intelligent. There really was not a hard part other than tax season. This was an accounting firm.

The most enjoyable part of this job was assisting customers and helping them with their concerns.
Pros
great work envirnment
Cons
no cons
Mental Health
Behavioral Health Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHAugust 15, 2013
I liked this position because at the time I was going to nursing school. I learned a lot about medication and the side affects for mental disorders.
Pros
learned about the mood disorders
Cons
part-time
good job
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochelle Park, NJApril 1, 2013
accounting work, secretarial, good atmosphere. Good hours, diversified duties and great people.
Pros
great people
Loved it!
Management/ Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 28, 2013
Great employer. Great staff and always keeps you moving! Did all kinds of stuff for them and they will appreciate your hard work.
I wish the people were as great as the pay
LPN (Former Employee) –  Pavilion at Williamsburg PlaceMarch 20, 2013
When I first started the DON was from the Corporate office in Richmond and did a fabulous job. She cared about her staff and believed in making sure we all had what we needed to be successful. Unfortunately, she left in the middle of November and the new CNO started. She never even bothered to learn our real names. She was never available when we needed her, she implemented policies that benefited the bottom line, not the staff or patients and she allowed hearsay from grouchy supervisors and stupid, lazy, incapable staff members to influence her decisions regarding treatment of employees with "behavioral" problems. Basically, if you don't suck up to her and the supervisors and 1 LPN in particular, they will make your life miserable and ultimately manufacture a reason to get rid of you. But I was making excellent money and had wonderful benefits that I didn't have to wait for, so I was trying to stick it out, but at the end of the day it just wasn't worth it. And proceed with caution, they are extremely disorganized and will be lucky not to be shut down when they get inspected this year. I have heard of growing pains and I know the facility hasn't been open for quite a year, but that is no excuse for the laziness and lack of professionalism that has resulted in the neglect of medical records and a failure to ensure proper protocols are in place and in use at all times.
Pros
excellent compensation and benefits
Cons
extremely mismanaged and very cliquey
Working like a dog
HEALTHCARE (Former Employee) –  WILLIASBURGFebruary 27, 2013
Working like a dog, co-workers will leave you there work and if you dont do there work you will be written up!!!
Program implementation was exciting anf enjoyable. Environment rural with limited access to other peer professionals.
Program Manager/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2013
Services received and benefited patients who left daily feeling better about themselves. Gained knowledge about seniors and their capacity to endure ongoing therapeutic treatments that were structured. Corporate management very good and available. Job site isolated from other professionals which was at times difficult. Working and helping the patients; seeing their improvement; and knowing they felt better because of the services being provided was the most enjoyable part of this job.
New Knowledge, Independent working
CSR (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 10, 2012
Took inventory of parts and equipment and maintained inventory records.
• Sold auto parts both retail and wholesale.
• Kept records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
• Resolved customers' service and billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, and adjusting bills.
• Reviewed insurance policy terms in order to determine whether a particular loss was covered by insurance.
• Conferred with customers by telephone and in person in order to provide information about products and services, to take orders and cancel accounts, and to obtain details of complaint Arranged for repair and replacement of defective items covered by
Pros
independent work environment, enjoyed helping others
Cons
no room for advancement, rude management
Diamond Service Company
Owner (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 25, 2012
I owned this company. The oppurtunity to own my own business was priceless.

Diamond Healthcare Corporation Reviews by Location