Digital Marketing Manager – SEO, Affiliate & Social Media
Diamond Nexus, an IR500 e-commerce company that is the world leader in man-made diamond simulant jewelry, is looking for a motivated individual to manage our digital marketing efforts with an emphasis on organic traffic creation and sales conversion through SEO, Affiliate and Social Media. The ideal candidate will have strong understanding of digital marketing and use that knowledge to advance the company and their own careers. This is a position that can provide very fast growth to individuals that can create results. This position is also ideal for individuals with a desire to both step up into management and in learning how to be a leader in a multi-channel, vertically integrated, truly 21st century company.
We’re looking for a motivated leader to oversee our digital marketing efforts focused on SEO, Affiliate and Social Media. You will lead a current team of three people and you will work hand in hand with the Marketing Manager responsible for SEM, Email Marketing and Product Development. You will also be part of the website experience, optimization and development team.
The goal and prime responsibility of this job is to create organic traffic and sales conversions through multiple “non-paid” marketing approaches. These will include SEO programs including content creation and development, outreach to bloggers and other authority sites, developing our Affiliate Program, oversight and development of our Social Media channel, PR, Event Marketing, community involvement, and whatever other channels you can successfully deploy.
A lot of the job revolves around creating and maintaining relationships, and so you must be extroverted, have high social intelligence, and be a master communicator both verbally and in your writing.
We need an experienced manager that can train, motivate and oversee employees with varying degrees of experience. As an e-commerce company, our digital marketing efforts are our bread and butter and we need someone that can lead a team to dominate this space for us. Knock this out of the park and you WILL be advanced.
- Development of metrics and KPI’s for your group.
- Strong involvement in the creative direction of our advertising and marketing efforts.
- Laugh at Director of Marketing jokes, regardless of whether said jokes are funny
- Assist in creating and maintaining department budgets
- Help to set department performance goals and ensure delivery of assigned goals
- Assess new marketing channels that will provide growth
- Motivate employees and ensure they achieve all deliverables
- Bachelors degree in: business, marketing, economics or anything else that you can convince us is relevant
- 2+ years experience managing direct reports
- 5+ years in the digital, online, interactive, interwebs marketing space
- Advanced knowledge of current SEO best practices.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing, brand formation, advertising and sales generation.
- Ability to create content and write effective advertising copy.
- High functional skill in MS Office programs, especially Excel
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, PepperJam Affiliate Network, content management systems, Magento, SEOMoz or other SEM, SEO or affiliate tools a plus
- Must not be handsomer/prettier than Director of Marketing
- Strong communicator, creative, great attention to detail, able to motivate others, problem solver, strategic thinker, likes a fast paced environment
- Experience with Affiliate program management
- Experience with fundamentals of Email marketing
Standard Benefits: Top of market compensation, Health/Dental/LTD/Life Insurance. Supplemental Options for STD and LTD. Paid Time Off and Flex Days Benefits. 401k
Besides working for an awesome company, doing something that is truly unique and inspiring, we offer a few other perks for all of our employees:
- Free pizza: Yup, all the frozen pizza you could ever want and a pizza oven that will cook it to perfection. Never go hungry again; we have you covered!
- Free coffee: Who doesn’t love a good caffeine buzz? Our employees skip the Starbucks stop and enjoy all the designer coffee they want.
- Ping-Pong: Sure, a lot of companies may have some sort of games at their office but who actually encourages their employees to play? We do!
- Employee discounts: It’s hard to look at bling all day long and not create a solid wish list. Luckily employees get incentives and discounts to feed that desire.
- Company parties: When you’re doing something as awesome as we do there are always new reasons to celebrate. We love getting everyone together throughout the year to bond over a few cold ones.
- Casual environment: Leave the suit and tie at home; they’re not needed here.
- Sabbatical: After only five years at Diamond Nexus all employees get 30 days paid time off and up to $5000 to chase whatever dream they have. We’ve had some awesome trips so far, what will you do?