Diamond Resorts International Employee Reviews

A promise is all that it is
In house Marketing/ Concierge (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZOctober 5, 2016
You are told you are in house marketing, getting guests to take a tour of the resort by offering gifts and then the management takes the money out of your pay so essentially you are paying for the guest to attend a seminar where the company benefits.

No management at all, very poor. Management tries to fill positions with anyone who will take the job and then they don't even train, it is survival of the strongest. Employees go through the concierge department like running water.

Long hours, not much pay; offer an hand and they will take your arm.
Pros
an occasional free lunch
Cons
no breaks, long hours, disloyal practice, poor management
Fun to work within hotels
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIOctober 28, 2016
 Provided guests with highly specialized services meant to improve guest experiences
 Services including but not limited to reservations, guided tours, special activities and events, recommendations of food and leisure, entertainment services, transport services, etc
 In house services including, room services, foreign language help, wine choices, porter services, security protection protocol services, emergency services, medical help, dentist offices, veterinary hospitals and local events
 Provided professional services to hotel guests allowing the impossible requests to become a possibility using all means necessary including hotel contacts and businesses to fulfill any request guest may have during the course of their stay
 Many other duties and responsibilities within front desk and concierge were my responsibility also
Pros
Social culture, friendly environment
Cons
no benefits, few breaks, extreme quotas
good pay, and benefits, managment needs improvement though.
Clun Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2016
Great hourly pay, and benefits, also perks. Fellow employees treated each other like family, Once in a while the management would have fun activities and prizes for the employees. Sometimes the lead supervisors on the floor would come off a little bit micro Management- ish. Other than that, sometimes the work moral wouldn't be too great due to some of the treatment from the management. Key points with the job good pay/benefits, and perks. Job needs improvement with their management, and work moral.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
Employee moral, supervisor moral at times.
Management was very unorganized
Member Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2016
Diamond Resorts "Park Run Building"You never knew what to expect on a day to day basis. HR works against the employees even when management is at fault.
Most of the co-workers were okay for the most part.
No job security unless you are a personal management "favorite."
Pros
health Insurance
Cons
management
Loved this from start to finish
Call Center Associate/Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  S Lake Tahoe, CASeptember 26, 2016
I started from the bottom and ended at the top. Have awesome management who believed in promoting from within. Was taught to manage a team in a call center, doing audits, payroll, training, and promoting. Moved up to assistant manager with job duties of purchasing and analysis, reporting, payroll, marketing, and payment processing. Moved up to Resort Management over a 10 year span, transferred to resort to run the front desk and really enjoyed the customer face to face interactions from in the call centers only speaking with owners on the phones. Loved making the owners and guests feel cared for and always offered their feedback on how we can do better, then would work on improvements based on guest feedback.
Pros
The team members
Cons
Having to leave
Stressful work environment with little payoff
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 8, 2016
The best part about working for Diamond Resorts was the benefits. They offer full medical benefits and gave my department a raise not long after buying out GoldKey PHR. However, there was very little communication with my manager, who was based out of Florida and put the Virginia Beach track on the back burner. It was always extremely difficult to get a hold of her and pretty much anyone higher-up for advice on how to proceed in certain instances in which my department was not trained. We only had three people in our department to handle three different resort locations (Williamsburg, Virginia Beach, and the Outer Banks in NC) and no attempt was made by the corporation to hire another person. Each of my coworkers including myself had several people interested in the job, it simply needed to be posted by corporate. They never took this as a priority and instead had us all work overtime, cancel vacations we were promised we could take, etc. We have gotten news our department will be laid off due to downsizing, but again, because the corporate heads of Diamond Resorts has little concern for our department, we haven't even been given an official date for how much longer we have with the company. The veterans of GoldKey PHR are wonderful people, though, and working in an office with them is something I'll never forget.
not a bad place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23451July 4, 2016
compensation and benefits are great but if want to have a life outside of work, then hospitality is not for you.
the people are awesome
the management communication could be a lot better
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
no life
Fun workplace at times, other times it was just stressful
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89135July 28, 2016
I worked for this company for about a year, had the opportunity to work in two departments which where both marketing. With the clients given to us it was almost impossible to book the required reservations. I was put on suspension leave and it took my employer a week to get back to me.
Pros
Great working environment and benefits
Cons
Short lunch, expected too much and write ups carried on from different departments.
Awesome co-workers all the time
Platinum Concierge Agent I. Job (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2016
The people that are hired outside of management are awesome and they get along with each, too much sneaky stuff with the management.
Pros
long lunches, awesome co-workers, and raises
Cons
short breaks, favoritism, sneaky and uncool people
Exceeded sales expectations
Timeshare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 13, 2016
My career of choice. Its not work when you love what you do. Cementing family relationships through timeshare is not only financially rewarding, its my purpose.
A great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Resort Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Payson, AZ 85541June 1, 2016
DRI give all employees the opportunity to advance with internal promotions, mentorships, and training. They are diversified world wide. They make sure all employees use their vacation time and provide discounted rates worldwide to team members DRI is careful with their carbon foot print.
Pros
Discounted hotel rates, generous vacation and sick time allowances.
Cons
No resorts in Texas.
High energy with comfortable environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAAugust 28, 2016
Working a maximum 40hrs a week, this job is one that can change your life financially. It takes dedication and an ability to be coached. Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Less than 40hr work weeks
Cons
Issues with contracts team unraveling sales/deals...
Nice co-workers
NIGHT AUDITOR-FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 3, 2016
This is a hourly paid job with flexible hours. Management is trashy and they cover up each other when something goes wrong. They don't care about their employees, you are just a number and nothing else. The only reason to stick around is if you are going to school and if you have small children and you are trying to work around your spouse schedule to avoid paying for day care.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Mangement is trash at this place
Beware
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CANovember 28, 2016
Just resigned due to poor management decisions. GM and HR have their own agenda. Instead of focusing on how to improve, they focus on how to get you to look bad.
High Pressure Sales
Vacation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOAugust 8, 2016
I enjoyed the selling portion of this position. There was high pressure from management to misrepresent product or give the customers experiences that weren't necessarily true.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
Too much pressure from management
You're better off at Burger King
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  californiaApril 14, 2016
I’ve been in this business for 20 years, and can truthfully say that Diamond is the worst of the lot. Managers have no talent or skills, aside from backstabbing and intimidating their employees. Marketing is joke. Absolutely the worst tours in the business. Sales commissions are half of what they used to be, in order to inflate stock prices and line the pockets of upper management. So…if you like a lot of stress and no money, Diamond is the place for you.
Pros
Nice plants in the lobby
Cons
Stressful work environment and lousy commissions
Timeshare mob
Front Desk Agent/VIP Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2016
Company has good employees working there but pay rate is minimum wage, and all of its management has no training of anything, horrible company to work for.
Work Work Work
Administrative Coordinator/ Tour Reception (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 9, 2016
Very unprofessional environment.
Makes you work insane hours daily, not really anytime for breaks or a lunch break.
Management is all about themselves.
I would not reccommend this job.
Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 24, 2016
Easy, relaxed atmosphere. Work in a call center. Management is not trustworthy. Bonus is not accurate. Overall, I would not recommend you work here.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Spiffs, Bonus
Hard to get the whole company to work as a team and assist each assist of the company.
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 23, 2016
A typical day involves having about 100- 375 check-ins per day, so keeping up in a fast paced environment. Dealing with the customers who are not satisfied and to help find a solution. Fax, scan and email paperwork to customers and supervisors. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am able to satisfy the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8