Diamond Resorts International

Diamond Resorts International Employee Reviews

it a job.
painter (Former Employee), palm caynon resort palm springs ca.April 24, 2015
Pros: none that are good.
Cons: managers dont know what there doing. Hr.is no help and lies to you.
The painting department doesn't know one end of a paint brush from the other. They have no idea of proper painting or how to do it correctly. They give you flack for wanting the correct equipment and give excuses on how long it will take to order it. I'm talking basic things like drop clothes roller inserts paint rags ect. Then expect you to do a job without the proper equipment. They have people in charge of painting that know nothing about it. Other painters taking off and dissaoering for hours leaving you to do their work to.manager does nothing about it.Very dis organized. Very un professional . Pay is poor. No chance for raises or advancement. Would never work there again.
Wouldn't work there again
Suite Attendant (Former Employee), Brian Head, UtApril 23, 2015
Management was phenomenal, supervisors however, were not.
Hardest part of the job was not having equipment and appliances that worked all the time! The press was constantly breaking down, as well as the washers and dryers. The laundry room was not big enough. And the supervisors would not put anyone in the Laundry room during the day shift. So all the linen would build up and be left for swing shift (which only had about 3 to 4 people during the time) and there were too many guest calls or rooms to clean, or other tasks to even get anything done in laundry room.
I enjoyed working as a team with the staff.
Management needs improvement
Armed security officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: Everything
Not very satisfied. The management does not care about team members. When its clock out time everyone runs out of the building.
Good company with poor management
Contract Processor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2015
Pros: Good Health Benefits
Cons: Low Pay
The main reasons I gave just an "Average" rating was because the pay seemed very minimal in comparison to similar positions within the company. All in all, this was a good company to work for.
A good start
Reservation / Owner services specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Bad management, short breaks, gossip in the work place.
A good start if you are looking to expand your horizons into the hospitality industry. Management needs to improve, nice colleagues.
The place to go if you want to fade away from family and friends
Lifeguard Coordinator (Former Employee), Winter Garden, FLApril 8, 2015
Pros: sun and lots of exercise
Cons: Management that doesn't know how to do their jobs correctly.
A fun and exciting job that is promised is far from the truth. There is no fun to be had at this location as management only look to making that last dollar regardless of how the guest experience turns out. This location used to be a close nit family type atmosphere but once the new company took over and gave unqualified individuals more power than they could handle things went south very quickly. Expect to have a manager who barely can run a bar try and take over every other aspect of the business around him by giving all of his work load to everyone below him so He can feel good about himself.
Wonderful place to work
Lead Platinum Member Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2015
I've already done this review about 3 times. I wish it was saved and didn't have to be redone each time I log in. This will be my response for the next few because I would much rather be applying for potential jobs.
Great Job
Contracts Team Lead (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2015
Cons: Work Hours, Schedule
Fast paced, Advancement opportunities, I learned a great deal of things from this job including invaluable computer skills as well as leadership/managerial skills.
Is hard to grow.
Analyst (Corporate) (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2015
Pros: benefits are ok
Cons: management skills are really bad.
Horrible place to try to grow. If you wanna grow into this company you really need to know somebody at a high level, or be a relative, or be a good friend. Management level is really bad. Managers don't even have an associate degree. Their skills on directing and guiding people is really poor. I like what I do. Every day you learn something new.
Promising heavyweight contender in the timeshare industry
Sales executive (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2015
Very promising company with challenging roads ahead between old and new timeshare perspectives. Overall, great company with great benefits if you can get passed the dinosaur approach to change.
Diamond Resorts had the right vision at one point.
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: resort discounts
Cons: poor management
A typical day at DRI in the call center was like most call centers, our goal was to answer as many calls as possible within an acceptable time frame.

During my career with this company I did a lot of self-learning as most of the training provided was entry-level and not targeted towards developing future leaders and we had very little positive interaction with executive level management. Our VP's didn't even say good morning to us, which most of us saw as disrespectful and unbecoming and their poor attitude just trickled down to the rest of the employees.

Co-workers were professional, however morale was often low as most did not feel appreciated by management.

Hardest part about the job was having very little positive leadership, recognition and feedback.

The most enjoyable part about this job was traveling to resorts which offered employee discounts. It helped employees build their knowledge about the resorts and were able to relate to customers and offer advise.
great experience
Vacation Counselor (Former Employee), las vegas,nv.February 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: # of opportunities
the sales rotor should be equal, the resort I worked at polo towers was right on the 50 yard line of the fabulous las vegas strip
Decent Company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free coffee & gym
Cons: work envorinment
Management does not promote from within - unless its someone from another department.

Stress level is extremely high. Employees have impossible goals to meet and if not met, they can be written up and fired. Very hostle work environment.

HR is a joke. An employee will go to them for assistance and they won't do anything.
Not bad - All I did was ASA work
Contract - Security Engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2015
The manager was a good guy but the Network Administrator played a lot of games. I'm just interested in doing my job and getting home. Overall it was a good place with good people.
Great company for secondary employment
EP/Security Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free coffee, great benefits, excellent training
Cons: no room for advancement, poor management
Fairly easy job with great benefits, decent pay for the work involved. I only say it's good for secondary employment because there is NO room for advancement. Training is extraordinary, but the management/leadership is non-existent and the worst I've ever seen. Blatant favoritism, supervisors bad mouthing subordinates to other subordinates. Management covering up for supervisors bad decisions while throwing others who aren't "in the circle" under the bus.
Poor Management, Great Employees Unnoticed
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaNovember 21, 2014
Pros: hotel discounts at sister hotels
Cons: low pay, bad hours
Management always at each other's throats. Employees promised more money than they actually pay and beg you to stay when you realize you were bait and switched.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Lead Tour Receptionist (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 20, 2014
Great company and great people. Everyone was very friendly and kind.
Overall good expereince
Activity Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2014
Good experience with customer service. Nice job to start off in if new to the recreation/hospitality field.
Numbers driven work enviornment
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 6, 2014
Numbers driven sales, great during season, terrible in off season.
Most Enjoyable Part
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2014
Communication with owners who spend a lot of money on timeshares. engaging in conversations and creating the meaning of "yes" to the owner over the phone.

1 2 3 4 5

About Diamond Resorts International

FelCor Lodging welcomes weary North American travelers looking for a little luxury. One of the top hotel real estate investment – Read more

Diamond Resorts International Salaries