Diamond Resorts International Employee Reviews

Lifestyle
Inhouse Sales (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA / VA Beach, VAMay 23, 2017
Diamond Resorts has turned me into a master closer and and has developed me into a successful, well founded, substantially tenacious person, employee and servant. I am here to serve the people.
Pros
Knowledge, Financial Gain
Cons
N/a
productive
lead administrative coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 16, 2017
great job , there is always opportunities to grow within the company . hardest part of job is not being able to make the guest happy . gets really busy in the summer
Productive place to work
Lead Platinum Member Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2017
● Work closely with hosts, cashiers, servers, and kitchen staff to make sure every customer receives the experience they seek
● Specialized in Guest Recovery by promptly resolving complaints
● Assists in several areas of marketing, including fundraising efforts, event planning, and community outreach for building brand awareness
About DRI
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 13, 2017
There have been a lot of changes in this company throughout the 3.5 years I have worked here. Somewhere in all the change its been all about the members and the employees have been forgotten.
Advancement
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2017
Very minimal chance of growing within the company,
The company does hire a lot from the outside and does not take the time invest in their own employees.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
No room for growth
Lack of compensation, some opportunity for advancement
Senior Specialist in Hospitality Management (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2017
Work here is a standard 9 hour a day office culture, similar to the movie Office Space. There are learning opportunities and ways to advance. The staff is friendly, management competent, and overall the people here want the same thing; a steady job while working along nice people. The days are rough though, typically overworked and feeling underpaid in most jobs here. The most enjoyable part of the job is there are vacation perks, like 5 days of paid vacation during your first ear, and 10 days during your second year of tenure, plus discounts on resort stays in some instances.
Pros
Travel perks, possibility of advancement and solid training
Cons
Long days and underpaid
Very stressful job, overworked and under paid.
Concierge Agent/ Public Area attendant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 8, 2017
I went to work and performed my job extremely well but was addressed very poorly by management. I learned many positions all in one as I was assigned to do other positions because of a high turnover rate of firing people and employees quitting.
Pros
I recieved discounts on Resorts
Cons
Overworked and underpaid, in addition disrespectful management.
Club Agent One (Former Employee) –  Summerlin, NVMay 8, 2017
It a great place to work , I loved the fact that we had an employee gym that was accessible during the business day .
My only recommendation would be that supervisor not get too friendly with their employees I knew of people who would talk very loudly to owners on the phone and they would not get reprimanded but the one time I did it I got a talking to and all I said was excuse me , I also knew of employees using the term "party girl " to describe another employee again I said something to the supervisor and it went nowhere other than that they were mostly fair and I loved getting to learn contracts regarding time shares
Pros
hour luch, free healthcare
Cons
location too far away for almost everyone
No Advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2017
No room to advance and very unorganized. Revolving door of employees and management. as a customer service rep it is very difficult to assist the members due to inability to communicate with the departments needed.
Diamond Resorts Intl
Yield Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 25, 2017
Company strives for good work-life balance and mostly succeeds in the corporate office. Management is helpful and supportive and it is overall a quality company for which to work.
love my job and the people I work with
VIP Coordinator (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 24, 2017
1st thing I'm forced to write a review about the company I work for from using this app Indeed.
I'm under paid for the work load I do that was never in my job description..
Pros
love my team members
Cons
I have no life 10 plus hours per shift
LIfe at Diamond
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2017
I stayed vacation
I learned alot about timeshare and credit underwriting and things that I didn't have to do in retail management.
Challenges with the staff like with any other management position but it was very rewarding and exciting
Coming to work learning something new and being appreciated
Pros
Face paced, managing up to 40 people, learing new things, benefits of timeshare vacationing
Cons
working holidays when you would want to be with your family but for the job it was ok
Nice Benefits
RESERVATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2017
The work environment in some departments is nice. I think the company cares more about a quick buck than making a lasting relationship with guests and owners. Overall I like my job.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
the entire company is not on the same page
productive work place and fun as well
Sampler Agent/ reservations / timeshare sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2017
typical work day consists of inbound and outbound calls to possible timeshare owners and tourist. i learned to multitask, management was amazing made sure you understood what you needed to get done. Very diverse work place , hardest part of the job was jumping from screen to screen, answering the phone and searching information all at once in a timely fashion, the most enjoyable was the co-workers were very helpful and nice, they didn't put pressure on you , just help you.
A Typical day at the very Fast Paced Job
Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 17, 2017
Working at Diamond Resorts as a lead generator has prepared me to deal with customers who don't necessarily agree with Time share since it has a bad rep in the past, it is best to keep focus with your client and make sure they fully understand what product we are trying to promote. Since working this position I have worked for Powerade and it has exposed me to working new events and being able to be put in any situation and succeed.

A typical day at diamond resorts was a very fast paced job where I handed out prize cards to get customers engaged in our booth. It was a day at the coyotes stadium and customers would pass through the entrance and would be greeted by me and I would hand them a prize card and show them where to swipe and from there they would talk to one of our Off Property Contacts (OPC) and it would be a repetitive night. I have learned a lot from this job, being pushed around in large crowds, how to engage and be personable with different types of people, It has also taught me self discipline and has made feel confident in talking to different types of people.

Management at the first year of my employment is probably one my favorite boss' that I have known so far in this job journey. Unfortunately he decided to move onto something more suitable for him. The second half of my journey with Diamond was just very different from the previous years, still up to date and did well under stressful situations, he is also very good at explaining at what you should be doing during your job. The hardest part about working for Diamond was the negative commentary
  more... from people saying its a scam when it most definitely is not. You just have to qualify for what we can offer you. It was a plus as well because I feel like I can take negative comments and still reply as a professional.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday. Learning how other people work and how to help people in certain situations. I also liked how it was mostly positive and even though it was different people everyday, I kind of always knew what to expect when I went to work.
Pros
free lunches sometimes, getting into different events for free, getting to see the backstage "life"
Cons
short breaks
sink or swim
TIMESHARE SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 17, 2017
Terrible training program corporate office is disconnected completely from reality. Out of touch with real life instances. No plan for improvement of ones abilities or skills it all about who you know
Pros
Pay
Cons
Sink or swim
good
Financial Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2017
good place to work. good people and made some good friends. i worked there for 7 years learned alot about the industry. i would recommend to people looking
Great Place, Great People
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 7, 2017
I love working here, unfortunately I have to relocate and there is no DRI where I am moving to. Anyone would be lucky to work for this company. Many perks and the management is superb!
I liked working here
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2017
I liked working here. There was a great company culture and they gave good benefits and provided free coffee. I only left because I was moving to another state
A great place to learn, with a fun and friendly office culture
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2017
A typical day at Diamond started at 8:00 am. I would start the day by checking emails from over night and preparing for the scrum meeting. After that my schedule was usually open for programming, testing, document or problem solving depending on what was going on.

There I learned how to operate in an office environment as well as being able to sharpen my database development and html skills.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits, no paid holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9