Diamond Resorts International Employee Reviews in United States

Lead Data Entry Clerk - Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaJuly 28, 2016
This is a time share company. Many workers in The area I worked in was very negative. My crew was a positive and supporting bunch.
Must be adaptable to change on a frequent basis
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2016
This company is going through a lot of changes at this time so, it's best to keep that in mind when things are getting hectic. There are a lot of demands from time to time and a high expectations. A lot of information one has to retain. Definitely a high pressured environment.
Pros
Constant schedule changes, High pressured environment
Cons
Character building, Gain knowledgable information
Work Work Work
Administrative Coordinator/ Tour Reception (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 9, 2016
Very unprofessional environment.
Makes you work insane hours daily, not really anytime for breaks or a lunch break.
Management is all about themselves.
Stressful work environment with little payoff
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 8, 2016
The best part about working for Diamond Resorts was the benefits. They offer full medical benefits and gave my department a raise not long after buying out GoldKey PHR. However, there was very little communication with my manager, who was based out of Florida and put the Virginia Beach track on the back burner. It was always extremely difficult to get a hold of her and pretty much anyone higher-up for advice on how to proceed in certain instances in which my department was not trained. We only had three people in our department to handle three different resort locations (Williamsburg, Virginia Beach, and the Outer Banks in NC) and no attempt was made by the corporation to hire another person. Each of my coworkers including myself had several people interested in the job, it simply needed to be posted by corporate. They never took this as a priority and instead had us all work overtime, cancel vacations we were promised we could take, etc. We have gotten news our department will be laid off due to downsizing, but again, because the corporate heads of Diamond Resorts has little concern for our department, we haven't even been given an official date for how much longer we have with the company. The veterans of GoldKey PHR are wonderful people, though, and working in an office with them is something I'll never forget.
upbeat loyalty respect
Vacation Counselor (Former Employee) –  polo towersJuly 6, 2016
got prep meeting , hit the floor , used techniques from meeting and gave great customer service to everyone I met in person
Pros
the sky is the limit
Cons
not enough time to spend on tours
not a bad place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23451July 4, 2016
compensation and benefits are great but if want to have a life outside of work, then hospitality is not for you.
the people are awesome
the management communication could be a lot better
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
no life
I would not reccommend this job.
Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 24, 2016
Easy, relaxed atmosphere. Work in a call center. Management is not trustworthy. Bonus is not accurate. Overall, I would not recommend you work here.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Spiffs, Bonus
Great Place Before Changes Came Upon Management
CLUB AGENT 1 (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2016
Quiet workplace in great location preference, really laid back and straight to the point at the same time. Overall don't regret working there, learned a lot.
terrible place
Marketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Avila Beach, CAJune 7, 2016
pay is up and down, even if your team is great the sales team can be down and therefore checks are low. And then there are lies out every end of the so called leadership.
Pros
Cons
everything
Versatile Environment
National Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2016
I have loved working here. My colleagues are by far some of the best professionals out there. I have learned to increase my organizational skills as well as my team building abilities.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Low pay
Nice co-workers
NIGHT AUDITOR-FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 3, 2016
This is a hourly paid job with flexible hours. Management is trashy and they cover up each other when something goes wrong. They don't care about their employees, you are just a number and nothing else. The only reason to stick around is if you are going to school and if you have small children and you are trying to work around your spouse schedule to avoid paying for day care.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Mangement is trash at this place
Adventures experiance, Business Travel, Professional Marketing Skills
Lead Field Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2016
I travel all over the nation to State Fairs and Travel Shows with a 5 man team promoting mini vacation packages.

Work inside and outside atmosphere.

Face to Face Sales up to 10 hours a day.

Set up 10X10 to 40X40 booth sizes
Pros
Business Travel building
Cons
long events lasting up to a month at a time
A great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Resort Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Payson, AZ 85541June 1, 2016
DRI give all employees the opportunity to advance with internal promotions, mentorships, and training. They are diversified world wide. They make sure all employees use their vacation time and provide discounted rates worldwide to team members DRI is careful with their carbon foot print.
Pros
Discounted hotel rates, generous vacation and sick time allowances.
Cons
No resorts in Texas.
fun interacting with Club Owners and setting them up on EOLs
Marketing Concierge (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2016
I love people and being able to give them good customer service prior to their stay at the resorts. It is great to enhance guests vacations with an VIP event that they cannot do anywhere else in Orlando during their stay. I work with a team who is supportive and successful.
Fun industry
Vacation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 7, 2016
Best part of my job is helping people take more vacations by convincing them to purchase vacation ownership so they are guaranteed that special time with their families every year...worst part..I have to do it in 90 minutes !!
Growing company with much oppurtunity
Inventory Supervisor - Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 5, 2016
It all depends which part of the company you are working for. overall it is a great and positive work environment. The teams are all constantly challenges as the company is experiencing growth and constantly adapting.
Great office location by the Oceanfront
Vacation Counselor-Sales (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 28, 2016
A respectable company with great health care benefits.
I've learned and grown a lot from Diamond Resorts International in the direct sales department.
Pros
Oceanfront location with a beautiful view
Cons
Long work days happen frequently
Productive environment
SENIOR SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 25, 2016
Our work environment offers a nice work space where business can be booked. We have a very positive team who knows how to sell Virginia Beach.
You're better off at Burger King
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  californiaApril 14, 2016
I’ve been in this business for 20 years, and can truthfully say that Diamond is the worst of the lot. Managers have no talent or skills, aside from backstabbing and intimidating their employees. Marketing is joke. Absolutely the worst tours in the business. Sales commissions are half of what they used to be, in order to inflate stock prices and line the pockets of upper management. So…if you like a lot of stress and no money, Diamond is the place for you.
Pros
Nice plants in the lobby
Cons
Stressful work environment and lousy commissions
Typical Timeshare company
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  FLApril 14, 2016
Typical timeshare company driven by hard pressure sales of existing owners and very reluctant potential owners. The money is great but you feel like you're selling your soul just a tad.

2.8