Diamond Resorts International Employee Reviews

Not a bad company
In-House Marketer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2017
The company as a whole was not bad, the benefits were good, and in general the management as a whole was not bad. As far as my department however, weak managers and HIGH lack of communication from management to employees
Pros
Benefits, vacation
Cons
managers
Very Stressful
Club Agent I (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2017
Every other week a new policy was put into place, the customers are very rude and don't care how they speak to you. We were told one thing at the time of hiring as far as the hours and then change it once you got on the phones. So the schedule would change every week until just recently they gave set schedules and yet tried to change that as well. Our bonuses that we get by selling reservation insurance takes long for us to receive them. Sometimes we would be 2 months behind. Our CEO would quit almost every other month, I couldn't keep up with the names. Very micromanaged. The sales agent always lie to the members at the point of sale. We always have to clean up after their mess, hence why the members are abusive. I can keep going, but this should be enough for you to understand it's not a good job working as a CLUB Agent at DRI.
Cons
Stressful environment.
Easy going environment; good I.T. management
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2017
I have enjoyed the work I was assigned. I was allowed to design new applications that would be beneficial to the business. I was able to make suggestions for improvement and given opportunities to bring my vision to fruition.
Pros
Good I.T. management; work/life balance
Cons
Business side management was indecisive and visionless
Diamond Review
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2017
This job provided very good compensation. However you worked every day for your money. There was no team environment, it was every man out for them selves, very dysfunctional.
So So working environment depending what department you work for
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2017
Unfair management. hard to grow in company if you don't know anyone. Some management are racist. No leadership skills what so ever...Low paying company.
Pros
Employee Discount program
Cons
bad management
Look away! Awful Company!!!
Club Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2017
The VP of this department is cold and so unrealistic. They expect you to never swap shifts, you must stick to whatever schedule they give you at all times. They don't except doctor's notes no matter what even if a physician writes a note stating you can't work due to a contagious illness or anything you are subject to a write up. They have agents train new employees and if what you learn from the agent is incorrect you are subject for the write up. They have crazy goals you are expected to meet at all times or your subject to then again another write up. Their turn over rate is insane! In my training class we had 24 trainees, needless to say I was the only one left til two weeks ago, when I finally left this troubling company.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks, little flexibility, awful scheduling & not family oriented
Diverse team
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2017
everyday work environment is great, co-workers are fun, supervision is awesome. Management not so much. They will not work around school schedules, everything is supposedly based upon seniority.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
managment
Bring children to workplace, volunteer work and giving donations for the needy.
Hospitality Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2017
I started working as a collector specialist and spent approximately 9 years in the Collections Department, contacting timeshare owners with the view of solving the financial responsibilities by offering payment options on their outstanding loans. Once, in good standing, I booked reservations for the owners to enjoy the resorts of their choice, locally and overseas. I was responsible to assist the French members locally and overseas as well. The last few years with Diamond Resorts International, I was spent approximately 1 year in the Reservations Department. The final year, I transferred to the Hospitality Department where all the complaints from the owners had to be handled and resolved. I learned how to negotiate with members with regards to their delinquent loan balances, managed to solved their issues. I always consider my workplace as my second home where I tried to make my colleagues to feel good to be able to enjoy each others' company and at the same time be productive with our daily assignments. The hardest part of the job was the inability to fully satisfy some customers which was not a common situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely to satisfy customers to the utmost which allows our Company to receive great feedback from our members with regards to customer service. Also the occasional kudos and entertainments offered to employees for job well done.
Pros
Free lunches, kudos and time off work.
Cons
Short breaks and healthcare
Very stressful and deadline oriented around close.
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2017
Very stressful and deadline oriented around close. Alot of focus on Blackline after close to get the balance sheet accounts in current status. Occasional projects.
Pros
Benefits and salary are competitive in the area.
Cons
Have to have a thick skin to work with some of the management team here.
Very fun place to work
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 27, 2017
Very fast paced company to work for! Easy advancement! Always looking to revolutionize the timeshare industry. Benefits could have been a little better.
Pros
Free lunches. Many company perks
Cons
You could be working until 12 am! When you got there at 10am
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 27, 2017
I've worked for this company for two years and I absolutely love it . Great benefits and the money you make is crazy . I referred a friend and she just paid cash for a Maserati ! If you can sell water to a well you should take a chance .
Pros
Excellent Pay and bonuses and trips
Cons
The rigorous schedule
Lack of Consistency
Club Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2017
The company would thrive if there were more order. And if they actually take the time to address the employees concerns. There is a lack of remorse for their Agents.
Pros
gave me customer service experience
Cons
Does not pay you enough for the high stress you must endure
Diamond
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2017
I worked for DRI in the call center for four years. It was great at first. We would make work a place where you would want to come and work for. That is till recently... Our department manager was let go and one of the assistant managers has taken it upon herself to play manager and is being real spiteful and cutthroat to anyone that is a threat to her position. This is not a place to work for if you have kids or a family in general. They demand a lot of your time and expect much more from you than what they give back.
Pros
Most of the people I work with I consider my second family
Cons
They do not care about anything else but the company
good place to start
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2017
They really try and help you grow .they treat their employee with respect. the only problem is there is zero job security and no one really cares what happens to you
Great benefits, productive company
Owner Referral sales and customer service (Former Employee) –  Orlando flJuly 16, 2017
The manager i had allowed the music to be at an outrageously high level so it was hard to hear customers and vice versa. Co-workers were friendly. Great atmosphere!
Horrible
O.P.C Sales (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZJuly 16, 2017
Horrible, poor management, horrible,horrible! Great imagery and presentation but it's all smoke and mirrors. Disconnected from current reality. Over rated for sure.
Pros
Discounted Rooms
Productive and fun
Club Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2017
They really try and help you grow here, i was only a temp agent but they still treated us with respect and helped us learn the in/outs of the company in a short time
Pros
good training, good management
Cons
some of the workers here are very bitter
good income.
Club agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2017
good income, must have good phone etiquette. maintaining composure is key. must have a performance level in QA of 90% and above. hardest part of working there is that you may only be considered a number to the company.
Excellent workplace
Senior suite attendant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 13, 2017
I had a wonderful experience being apart of the team at beach quarters resort by diamond resorts international. It was a joy to work with the guest and my fellow coworkers
Pros
401k plan.health benifits.
#Teamdri !!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2017
If you are seeking to work hard, grow & travel, Diamond Resorts International is a great place to bring your talent. Management recognizes hardwork, ambition & drive. They promote from within and have a competitive benefits package.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9