Diamond Resorts International Employee Reviews

Stay away from the security career
Security supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 20, 2018
I was hired as a security supervisor and every day I had to listen to the security manager and led supervisor talk about the security officers like they we're trash. They both disrespected the officers and after 3 weeks I got tired of the disrespect the final straw was when they did it in front of the security officers. The security manager should be fired she has no respect for her workers. So please stay away from the security dept management can not be trusted.
Benefits
Cons
Bad mangement will talk about you like your trash and worthless.
Great place
Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2018
Solid place if you get to the right department. People are happy because management is great. All depends if you make the right department for the job you're looking to do.
not a fun place to be at
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 16, 2018
No overtime allowed some days you work too many hours then they cut your days if they see you're going into overtime...sale reps and managers have no consideration of your work space...we never get a lunch break...too much micro managing no life work balance only if you are a manager
Pros
medical benefits
Cutthroat
Events of a Lifetime pre-arrival concierge (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2018
Look somewhere else. They mess with numbers and feed their favorites . Secrets throughout. Run for the hills management needs and HR course on harassment
Pros
Quite
Cons
Everything else
Terrible pay, even worse management
Suite Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brianhead, UTJanuary 8, 2018
The attendants work their butts off every day and there is little to no compensation for overworking. I had a terrible experience here and would not recommend the job to anyone.
Pros
Free lunch, shuttle to and from work
Cons
Terrible lunches, terrible pay, unappreciative bosses
AWESOME Company - Bad Site Leadership
Hospitality Sales (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 5, 2018
Great Company. The Site Leadership has no personal development, therefore you have several managers that violate labor laws and cause for a negative culture at the Daytona Beach Site. Company is GREAT though.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Site Leadership - Daytona Beach
Low pay
Portfolio Processor - Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2018
Working here is nice but pay is really low. My manager is the best. Employees stay because of him although very little raise per year. would stay if pay is higher.
Good company
Vacation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 30, 2017
They are a leader in the industry with a lot of room for growth. The customer service they provide to their members is fantastic! One of the best comp plans I’ve ever had!
Does not comply with their company logo: "Stayed Vacationed".
Sales & Mktg Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZDecember 26, 2017
Does not comply with their company logo: "Stay Vacationed".
Poor management and lack of training. ====================================================
Pros
Good benefits
Having Meeetings
National Sales Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 22, 2017
Knowing how to speak joyful on the phone at all times,beautiful work place and people to make a phone sale. Is to make a phone sale.To have a wonderful time enjoying the career.
Pros
yes the free meals
Cons
Sometimes short breaks
Wonderful Opportunity
Bilingual Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 20, 2017
While being under the employment of Diamond Resorts International it has been a journey that was life changing in a positive way. There are mandatory over-time days which become either a pro or a con for the individual. There is also the opportunity to invest in 401k and become eligiable for insurance ,
Pros
Pot lucks, Paid training, and secure workplace
Cons
Minimal flexibility for change of work shift
Perfect place to work for the hustler
Off Property Contact (Current Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CADecember 19, 2017
This is not a job for everyone but if you're a hustler this can be a very lucrative job. Culture here is great but keep in mind you're only as good as your last month.
Pros
Money, Hours, Discounts
Cons
Only as good as your last deal
Great Product
Vacation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLDecember 16, 2017
The Diamond vacation ownership packages are some of the best in the world. The job is the easiest but the hardest at the same time. You must find a groove, sense of urgency in each tour. Many and I mean many tours are deaf to the benefits of becoming a member as they were promised a gift to attend a tour. The gifts could be cash, park tickets and even free stays.
Pros
Full benefits after 30 days, corp discounts after 90. Commissions are highest provided in the area.
Cons
Tough to get tours at slow locations, managers can rotate out, new hires come in almost every 2-3 weeks.
Constant changes
Platinum Member Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2017
Call Center. About 15-30 calls per day. Fast paced. Competitive. Good co workers. Above average pay. Nice atmosphere at times with music, free food at times, and events the whole building participates in.
Pros
pay
Cons
Constant change in policy and management.
Fun Experience
Licensed Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 12, 2017
Diamond Resorts was a awesome experience for me personally, my manager was great and very motivating, i have nothing but great memories of Diamond resorts
Good Product and Company, Underappreciated Underpaid Overworked
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lahaina, HIDecember 10, 2017
Good Product and Company, Underappreciated Underpaid Overworked

Was paid 40 percent more for the same job at competing company. Incentive bonuses unfairly weighted
Fantastic Company for Ambitious Individual
Regional Sales and Marketing Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 9, 2017
Training galore! It's free and readily available to all team members. You cannot fail at your job. Management is motivating and encouraging at all levels. It was always encouraged to do and be your best and to build your personal branding. I absolutely loved this company and learned that you can't train enough. There is always something to learn no matter how many years of experience you have in your position.
Pros
Training and opportunities.
Cons
Very competitive.
hard to sell
Timeshare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Branson, MODecember 8, 2017
I met with guests that booked tours with us. I went over all their vacation needs and tried to sell them our resorts that are all over the world. I took them on tours of our resorts.
Great work environment
Tour Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZDecember 8, 2017
Great work environment. Management and coworkers created a collaborative, fun place to work. Benefits are great! Working with the public can be a challenge, but management were always available to assist.
salary for sales and marketing
Marketing Concierge (Current Employee) –  Ramona, CADecember 6, 2017
The pay system was shady. I did not get the commissions as promised nor was I provided with tools to alleviate my pay. Working at the resort was great though. Resort operations people were awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9