Diamond Resorts International Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Might not get paid your commission in sales
OPC/Concierge (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CASeptember 19, 2017
After working there for 15 months and making money for the company I quit because they didn't pay me a 3,000 bonus due to me. Pay is good if you are good at sales.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Might not get paid commission on sales
Needs help
Vacation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 15, 2017
They underpay there employees and also there turnover is bad. They steal money from employees and they have bad leadership skills. They are also unorganized.
Empresa de cumplimiento minimo de reglas de crecimiento empresarial
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2017
Empresa de crecimiento medio con bajo adistramiento del personal gerencial sin evaluacion meritocratica del personal
Pros
Seguro privado
Cons
Poco talento y preparacion del personal gerencial
Fun work enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2017
It was life changing the postive it so strong you feel it coming up the road to the parking lot. This is a perfect blance to a stable life. If you like providing a service this job is for you.
Benefits
Cons
Short Lunches
Just a job
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2017
I heard other departments are better than Contracts. Weird hours, weird schedule, you will NEVER have saturday and sunday off. If they paid more, they would have more qualified workers and people would commit to the position.
I liked the people I worked with.
Housekeeping Runner (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 4, 2017
The job can get very stressful at times because it gets busy. It can be fast pace, and comes with changes in how things are done and/or said as far as verbally.
Pros
Benefits, paid vacation
Good culture
National Director of Marketing Shows and Events (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2017
Diamond Resorts is a Time Share Company. They are super aggressive but there are a lot of hoops to jump through as is with any large company. Diamond proves to be more difficult and unfair.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
You are a dime a dozen
Below average pay, inconsistent management
Lead Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2017
Management is constantly changing, it is difficult for a new employee to develop. There is not much interest in providing ongoing training other than to find reasons to fire existing employees.
Pros
benefits, employee discount at resorts
Cons
lack of transparency from management, constant change in expectations
Worldwide known hotels and resorts. Vacation Ownership.
Event Marketing Agent-OPC (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 24, 2017
Despite the breathe-taking hotel and resort locations, this partial position had its challenges. Events were scheduled far to drive (1-3 hrs) and were often canceled same day scheduled, leaving agents with no work, or very few hrs at the end of week.
Over all it is a great Company
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 24, 2017
I work in the reception to sales. The health benefits are good. Stay vacationed stay healthy.
All contract staff are great team workers. Well Organized and staffed. Things cam be different based on the locations.
Pros
property are open every day of the year therefore you are required to work most holidays etc.
Cons
Great property and manager
relaxed work environment
Senior Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 19, 2017
relaxed but stressful. you have 2 appointments per day which gives you a consistent work load. however, the management seems not to know how to run the office.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor management, stressful
Good place to work and diverse work force.
Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2017
Good company to work for. Good working atmosphere and environment. Working with a diverse work force at their National Marketing Center. The company provides good equipment and training for security officers.
Pros
Good work environment, benefits.
Cons
Unstable employment environment due to $$ bottom line and return on investment.
Not a bad company
In-House Marketer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2017
The company as a whole was not bad, the benefits were good, and in general the management as a whole was not bad. As far as my department however, weak managers and HIGH lack of communication from management to employees
Pros
Benefits, vacation
Cons
managers
Very Stressful
Club Agent I (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2017
Every other week a new policy was put into place, the customers are very rude and don't care how they speak to you. We were told one thing at the time of hiring as far as the hours and then change it once you got on the phones. So the schedule would change every week until just recently they gave set schedules and yet tried to change that as well. Our bonuses that we get by selling reservation insurance takes long for us to receive them. Sometimes we would be 2 months behind. Our CEO would quit almost every other month, I couldn't keep up with the names. Very micromanaged. The sales agent always lie to the members at the point of sale. We always have to clean up after their mess, hence why the members are abusive. I can keep going, but this should be enough for you to understand it's not a good job working as a CLUB Agent at DRI.
Cons
Stressful environment.
Easy going environment; good I.T. management
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2017
I have enjoyed the work I was assigned. I was allowed to design new applications that would be beneficial to the business. I was able to make suggestions for improvement and given opportunities to bring my vision to fruition.
Pros
Good I.T. management; work/life balance
Cons
Business side management was indecisive and visionless
Diamond Review
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2017
This job provided very good compensation. However you worked every day for your money. There was no team environment, it was every man out for them selves, very dysfunctional.
So So working environment depending what department you work for
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2017
Unfair management. hard to grow in company if you don't know anyone. Some management are racist. No leadership skills what so ever...Low paying company.
Pros
Employee Discount program
Cons
bad management
Look away! Awful Company!!!
Club Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2017
The VP of this department is cold and so unrealistic. They expect you to never swap shifts, you must stick to whatever schedule they give you at all times. They don't except doctor's notes no matter what even if a physician writes a note stating you can't work due to a contagious illness or anything you are subject to a write up. They have agents train new employees and if what you learn from the agent is incorrect you are subject for the write up. They have crazy goals you are expected to meet at all times or your subject to then again another write up. Their turn over rate is insane! In my training class we had 24 trainees, needless to say I was the only one left til two weeks ago, when I finally left this troubling company.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks, little flexibility, awful scheduling & not family oriented
Diverse team
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2017
everyday work environment is great, co-workers are fun, supervision is awesome. Management not so much. They will not work around school schedules, everything is supposedly based upon seniority.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
managment
Bring children to workplace, volunteer work and giving donations for the needy.
Hospitality Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2017
I started working as a collector specialist and spent approximately 9 years in the Collections Department, contacting timeshare owners with the view of solving the financial responsibilities by offering payment options on their outstanding loans. Once, in good standing, I booked reservations for the owners to enjoy the resorts of their choice, locally and overseas. I was responsible to assist the French members locally and overseas as well. The last few years with Diamond Resorts International, I was spent approximately 1 year in the Reservations Department. The final year, I transferred to the Hospitality Department where all the complaints from the owners had to be handled and resolved. I learned how to negotiate with members with regards to their delinquent loan balances, managed to solved their issues. I always consider my workplace as my second home where I tried to make my colleagues to feel good to be able to enjoy each others' company and at the same time be productive with our daily assignments. The hardest part of the job was the inability to fully satisfy some customers which was not a common situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely to satisfy customers to the utmost which allows our Company to receive great feedback from our members with regards to customer service. Also the occasional kudos and entertainments offered to employees for job well done.
Pros
Free lunches, kudos and time off work.
Cons
Short breaks and healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diamond Resorts International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9