Diamond Wireless Employee Reviews

Completely Lost
M.I.T./Manager (Current Employee) –  New York StateSeptember 13, 2016
Management is disinterested with any employee that isn't the top 3 in the district. They give almost no training for reps or managers and are of little help when you ask for it. HQ is in UT so any and all support from HR or IT support takes at least a day if not longer on the weekends. Promos come and go so fast that some aren't even known about till they are over. Everything is what else can you do for me, not much appreciation. Cannot work OT even as a manager without an OK and even then its only 5 hours. Pay structure changes every year that I've been here and it's almost impossible for managers to hit all of their goals since the goals are either too high, traffic is slow, or staffing is too thin.
Pros
Money can be good if you're great at sales and traffic is nice
Cons
no one is trained in keeping employees moral up
It is okay.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 7, 2016
Work was really fun, there were some awesome daily customers that you will get to know. Environment is friendly and the pay is decent. I wished I stayed longer but that was due to the new manager. Most of us left because of drama.
Pros
Everything else
Cons
poor management
The company was always growning.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 6, 2016
It was fun to work here, mostly I worked in a Kiosk but the work environment was good. My direct managers were always on point which was great, but upper management had problems communicating with us. Overall the company was always growing and expanding and I attribute any issues to simple growing pains.
Pros
Big group of co-workers to share workload
Cons
Too many employees to be a commission only job.
Great entry level sales job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCAugust 23, 2016
8 hour work days 40 hours a week guaranteed. Opening shift starts with clocking time and prepping the cash drawer and workspace. Reviewing previous sales, store history, and calling back prospects. Greeting customers and providing customer service. Setting up customers with new handsets or updating account information is also a day to day basis.

Management is okay. I'd like consistency on day to day basis. My co-workers are great, work well and perform well. With or without help from each other.

The hardest part of my job would be telling potential clients that they were either denied or the deposit amount is equal that of a 2005 Corolla.

The most enjoyable part of my job would be the day to day interactions. I'm a people person, so greeting and talking with people and customers is something I enjoy.
Pros
Several breaks, fast growth within the company, new tech hands on
Cons
Irregular pay structure
Pretty amazing
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 12, 2016
I love this job. It allowed me to come in and learn quickly and very easily. The people I work with are amazing, and the management is outstanding! The training was very useful as well!
Pros
Good hours, pay
Cons
Time off
Competitive Environment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 27, 2016
Enjoyed learning the business side of the mobile/wireless field. Maximizing sales and selling value rather than price tags. Co-workers were friendly but competitive.
Excellent work place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New London, CTJuly 13, 2016
Excellent place to excel and get promoted. You learn a lot about various aspects of the work place. Great place to get a promotion if you are looking forward to a career. It includes 401k and all benefits are available to you.
Pros
can get promoted quickly if you put your mind to it.
Unfortunate and barely operating
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTJuly 8, 2016
It may have just been the location I am located at, but the management is barely engaged in anything and the pay structure does not look or feel encouraging.
Very boring and terrible pay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 4, 2016
This job was not the best. Very boring environment and non challenging. Benefits were not good and pay was terrible. Great place to start getting sales experience but would not recommend staying for long.
Great Company to Work for
Metrics Manager / Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 3, 2016
This is a young company that hires within. It is great for a sales consultant who is starting in sales or for someone who is driven to lead a sales team and run a store.
Management needs to be revamped
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 8, 2016
Management likes to use scare tactics and demean you than rather motivate you in other ways. Company doesn't like to stick to things and new things are rolled through every few weeks to try to get sells. Job became very tedious
Cons
Pay structure and working 6 days a week on minimum wage
Nice Co workers
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 7, 2016
Horrible Management, training was below average, no benefits, low commission and low hourly. I would not recommend for sales and for employment.

System was very difficult with 3rd party. multiple steps needed that was waste of time and slow internet speeds to accommodate your needs.

no chairs, have to stand all day. horrible on the feet, knees, and back.

One enjoyable part of the job was making new friends and speaking to many people.

Lunch was worked through so no lunch really.
Pros
co workers, speaking to people.
Cons
no lunch, no breaks, low wage, low commission, poor management, poor training, 3rd party system with multiple steps.
Great entry level sales position for customer service/people skill experience
Wireless Retail Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 11, 2016
A typical day at work consists of opening shop, cleaning the store, and accounting for all inventory. As a manager in training at my sales location, I take part in the hiring process for new employees, as well as present and host weekly initiatives, and goals that need to be met. The hardest part of the job is controlling foot traffic into the store. I wish we had more customers to help day to day. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and interacting with new people, whether it be solving issues, and/or finding solutions for customers wants and needs.
Pros
Prizes, raffes, vacation trips.
Cons
Customer volume
fun workplace great co-workers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 6, 2016
This job was very good to me won a lot of contest here. They give you great hours. The pay was the best I've ever had the management is great they really work with you to get better at sales I've grown a lot with this company .
Pros
great pay
Cons
long trainings
High turnover, Lofty Promises
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 3, 2016
They're your friend one week and your enemy the next. If you're gonna work there, look out for yourself. They are stuck in the 90's in communication and technology, while you're selling premium technology. They don't invest money into their infrastructure while expecting you to give your all.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Benefits, Fulfill Time Off Requests
Cons
Job Security, Mismanagement, Direction, Culture Identity
Waste of Time
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 26, 2016
Diamond Wireless may be the largest retailer for Verizon Wireless, but they are not a very good company to work for. I'd be much better off if I didn't waste my time in a kiosk and applied at Verizon Corporate. Upper management is a lazy mess. My first manager was excellent, and the one that ended my career with Diamond was a disaster that only got the position because she had connections, not due to her being professional.

Diamond only cares about numbers. No space for employees.
Pros
Can potentially make a lot of money.
Cons
Long hours, minimum wage, bad management.
Productive environment, contstantly learning
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 19, 2016
Greeting customers with a positive attitude, accepting that "no" is an answer and build value on my service and products. My coworkers push me everyday and teach me new ways to overcome difficult obstacles within the sale department. I absolutely love helping people and improving the lifestyle of people around me
Pros
Meeting and talking to new people everyday
Cons
pay structure
Diamond
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 18, 2016
Diamond is a good company but training lacks and most of the time you aren't able to live life because you are always at work
Great Company
Store Manager/Market (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 24, 2016
Great work team and management, this company knows how to treat there employees with great benefits and contest . The company lets you work where ever you desire and move up as fast as you want.
Avoid or get out while you still can
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYFebruary 26, 2016
This is one of the worst jobs I have had in my life. You work 7 days a week 24 hours. My boss would call me on my off days, while I was on vacation, he would always call me about being on a conference call. Conference calls were crazy. He would cruse at you, yell at you, threaten you. The compensation is not good at all, there is zero support from the upper management level. There is no room to grow above the store management level, You have to attend meetings that can be as far as 3 hours away, and they do not reimburse you for anything. The healthcare is terrible. The company is a joke. There is no training program, you get hired and expected to sell 10 phones in 2 weeks after only a week of training. You can end up working as much as 120 hours a week as a manager if you are understaff. The structure is poor from the upper manager level, mixed with poor payout, and no advancement.
Pros
You go to Orlando in February for free
Cons
Everything Else