DiBella's Subs Employee Reviews

Great
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 26, 2017
Great management was in place, good atmosphere to work in.most fellow workers had good work ethic because all work was distributed evenally.i will definitely recommend this employer to others.
Okay
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHApril 25, 2017
This was an okay place to work. It is a very fast paced environment. I was able to catch on but it seemed like the balance between perfection and speed were hard to reach. Management always seemed to want you to go faster even if it hurt the quality of your work.
Friendly environment
Cashier and Cook (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 20, 2017
It's an ok job depending on the time of days it's really slow but the food is amazing! The subs are a nice size and have plenty varieties to choose from.
Pros
half off lunch
Cons
no benefits
horrible
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTApril 16, 2017
When I worked there the managers picked their favorite team members and treated everyone else differently and the managers barely helped the staff. The would mess with peoples schedule and put you on a day that you was off to make it seem like you did a no call no show. Very bad experience
Pros
discount meals
Cons
unfair pay, sneaky managers
It's dependable
FOOD PREP AND CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIApril 9, 2017
A typical work day is a productive one. I've learned how to operate machinery. Management is very hands on and they set the tone of the day. I was trained well so there's nothing hard about my job and the most enjoyable part of my job is when everyone work together as a team.
bad place to work
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2017
they make you clean all the time even if you have customers waiting in line for food. Also, the customers expect us to go very fast when there are many steps to fully cooking something like steak or chicken. It's stressful, and they only pay minimum wage.
productive and fun place of work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 5, 2016
busy place for lunch and dinner
I advanced in my knowledge of doing inventory,and preparing schedules
management are great team players
enjoyable moments are taking care of customers in a timely manner and also seeing them leave with a smile because of great customer service
Pros
great health benifits
New management is messing with the quality of the store and environment.
Caterer (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 1, 2016
Learned a lot about bread as a baker and a lot about staying organized and efficient as a caterer.
The previous manager was very upbeat, easy going, but strict when needed.
The new manager is very into the power of the position and lacks compassion for the employees.
Pros
Relatively easy shifts.
Cons
No breaks for non management workers.
I wouldn't have picked a better first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIOctober 19, 2016
A typical day at work for me was cleaning and making subs i was usually pretty busy during the day so i never really had much down time but my Manager and Coworkers were amazing.
My Experience with DiBella's Subs
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MISeptember 23, 2016
My typical day at work starts off really slow but around noon-ish it get's really busy for about an hour then settles down a bit. Then comes in that big rush again sort of like a wave.

I haven't learned that much other than grilling which I honestly enjoy very much

The Management was okay but alot of lacking in the scheduling department.

The hardest part was getting used to the computerized cash register sooooo many buttons on there, and alot of discounts to apply during the transactions.

But the most enjoyable part of the job was being on the grill, making cheese stakes is so much fun!
Pros
Discounts on Subs, Free drinks during shift and you don't have to pay for a re-fill
Great place to work and grow as an individual
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 28, 2016
Great place to work and gain experience for any one of any age, worked my way up from a crew member, to management. Gained a lot of insight in how the day to day operations of a restaurant worked from a managers point of view. It allowed me to grow as an individual, both personally, and professionally. I learned a lot about team work, attention to detail, and the day to day life of a manager.
Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Great Co-workers, chance for promotions, great place to learn and grow
Cons
Pay could be better, shifting schedules
Horrible Place to work!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHFebruary 23, 2016
This is a great example of a company that truly does not care about its employees at all. There is little to no opportunity for advancement and raises are pathetic and do not reflect performance. Managers have unreasonable expectations for employees and do little to help employees. Managers are constantly standing around on their phones doing nothing. Most employees there last less than a few weeks. They have an extremely high turnover rate due to the way their employees are treated. The scheduling at Dibellas is whack! One week you may have close to 40 hours (They never let anyone go on overtime!) and the next you might have 15. I dreaded going to work here everyday.
Pros
meal discount, no late nights or holidays, very clean restaurant
Cons
management, wages, hours, management, no benefits, did i mention management?
Average Place of Work
Catering Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 16, 2016
I made a lot of friends the time I had at DiBella's. The home office went through some major changes and just didn't feel they knew what direction they wanted to take the company. I decided to part ways on good terms.
wonderful team members, outgoing customer service.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHNovember 29, 2015
i left worked because i had a death in my family so i missed a week because it was out of town. when i came back it felt like ive been gone forever. but once i got back it was around thanksgiving time. so we had so much catering. so i tried to help out as much as possible because i wasn't really sure what was going on. but we finished and all the food left for deliver. once the deliever person left but she had forgotten a box. for an important event. my manger begin to freak out because this was a big order and this was their first time ordering with us so we wanted to make everything perfect. so one our co-workers new the company that had ordered from us. because know one new where the place was but that one co-worker so she had to hurry and get it to the place she made it just in time. so we realize that us working as a team and doing it together and working together made everything come together. later down the line. the company came back and ordered from us.
excellent workplace and delicious food
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHOctober 18, 2015
I enjoyed working there. very friendly staff. Great customer service experience and clean workplace. Was also a new location at the time and i enjoyed being one of the first to join the team
Pros
employee discounts, nice customers
Poor management and overall terrible place to work
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Robinson, PaAugust 28, 2015
Hired to do catering, which I quickly learned meant beating your car into the dirt for pennies. They expect you to do a lot for nothing. Avoid this company! Management is terrible across the board. They claim to have a flexible schedule and that they are family oriented but are not in any way.
Fast Food Fast Pace and Good atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OhJuly 6, 2015
* Work includes using Customer Service to resolve complaints and answering questions. That I enjoy the most because I am outgoing.
* I learn to keep a level head while working. Learning to take the good with the bad most days
*Management listens to you as well as work with you on any questions or concerns that we as employees may have on many things
*My co-workers and I work as a team. We believe as a team we can achieve. That I enjoy the most about my day.
Pros
Working with Customers, working at a constant fast pace, and Wonderful atmosphere
Cons
Not enough work hours
Positive atomosphere majority of the time
Cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Typical day at work included cleaning and preparation of food. I learned how to properly cook sub sandwiches. Management was horrible due to the fact a new manager was in the store every month. My co-workers were fun and friendly.
grill
Cook/Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 1, 2014
management was poor. My co workers were pretty fair. Wish they had more hours
Grill master, make subs, bake bread, prep food, register.
sales (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 10, 2014
Lunches are organized chaos, closing is cleaning up after. working here I learned how to make some of the best subs ever, working on a flat-top grill. the employee turn around is kinda crazy high. went in there a few months after I left and only knew the managers. people just get burnt out with this place.
Pros
50% of food weather your working or not.
Cons
employee turn around rate is crazy high.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DiBella's Subs. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6