DiBella's Subs Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible Place to work!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHFebruary 23, 2016
This is a great example of a company that truly does not care about its employees at all. There is little to no opportunity for advancement and raises are pathetic and do not reflect performance. Managers have unreasonable expectations for employees and do little to help employees. Managers are constantly standing around on their phones doing nothing. Most employees there last less than a few weeks. They have an extremely high turnover rate due to the way their employees are treated. The scheduling at Dibellas is whack! One week you may have close to 40 hours (They never let anyone go on overtime!) and the next you might have 15. I dreaded going to work here everyday.
Pros
meal discount, no late nights or holidays, very clean restaurant
Cons
management, wages, hours, management, no benefits, did i mention management?
Average Place of Work
Catering Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 16, 2016
I made a lot of friends the time I had at DiBella's. The home office went through some major changes and just didn't feel they knew what direction they wanted to take the company. I decided to part ways on good terms.
wonderful team members, outgoing customer service.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHNovember 29, 2015
i left worked because i had a death in my family so i missed a week because it was out of town. when i came back it felt like ive been gone forever. but once i got back it was around thanksgiving time. so we had so much catering. so i tried to help out as much as possible because i wasn't really sure what was going on. but we finished and all the food left for deliver. once the deliever person left but she had forgotten a box. for an important event. my manger begin to freak out because this was a big order and this was their first time ordering with us so we wanted to make everything perfect. so one our co-workers new the company that had ordered from us. because know one new where the place was but that one co-worker so she had to hurry and get it to the place she made it just in time. so we realize that us working as a team and doing it together and working together made everything come together. later down the line. the company came back and ordered from us.
excellent workplace and delicious food
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHOctober 18, 2015
I enjoyed working there. very friendly staff. Great customer service experience and clean workplace. Was also a new location at the time and i enjoyed being one of the first to join the team
Pros
employee discounts, nice customers
Poor management and overall terrible place to work
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Robinson, PaAugust 28, 2015
Hired to do catering, which I quickly learned meant beating your car into the dirt for pennies. They expect you to do a lot for nothing. Avoid this company! Management is terrible across the board. They claim to have a flexible schedule and that they are family oriented but are not in any way.
Fast Food Fast Pace and Good atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OhJuly 6, 2015
* Work includes using Customer Service to resolve complaints and answering questions. That I enjoy the most because I am outgoing.
* I learn to keep a level head while working. Learning to take the good with the bad most days
*Management listens to you as well as work with you on any questions or concerns that we as employees may have on many things
*My co-workers and I work as a team. We believe as a team we can achieve. That I enjoy the most about my day.
Pros
Working with Customers, working at a constant fast pace, and Wonderful atmosphere
Cons
Not enough work hours
Positive atomosphere majority of the time
Cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Typical day at work included cleaning and preparation of food. I learned how to properly cook sub sandwiches. Management was horrible due to the fact a new manager was in the store every month. My co-workers were fun and friendly.
grill
Cook/Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 1, 2014
management was poor. My co workers were pretty fair. Wish they had more hours
Grill master, make subs, bake bread, prep food, register.
sales (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 10, 2014
Lunches are organized chaos, closing is cleaning up after. working here I learned how to make some of the best subs ever, working on a flat-top grill. the employee turn around is kinda crazy high. went in there a few months after I left and only knew the managers. people just get burnt out with this place.
Pros
50% of food weather your working or not.
Cons
employee turn around rate is crazy high.
fast paced environment, but no advancement opportunity
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 27, 2012
DiBellas Subs treats its cash cow employees exactly as such, but frequently takes advantage of lower employees. Management is for the most part devoid of people skills, although there are a few managers who I would work for again. Pay is just over minimum, and the lower employees get almost no hours. Management also tends not to be understanding about emergency situations, and often lets inappropriate behavior as committed by favored employees slide. A typical day of work for not as favored employees will be about 3-4 hours, for a weekly total usually not to exceed 15. Either you open, work the lunch rush, work cleanup after lunch, or close. It's easy work, but not enough hours, and you put up with a lot of garbage on the job. The is nothing terribly enjoyable about the job, and the hardest part is putting up with pretentious people
Pros
50% discount that brings the cost to about that of an equally sized sub anywhere else
Cons
management lets inappropriate and discriminatory behavior towards lower employees slide, not enough hours

2.8