Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,847 reviews matching the search
Sporting goods
PGA Golf Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 26, 2016
Good training available to stay abreast of the latest trends and selling techniques. Frustrating when you can not get need product in demand for customers.
Colleagues polite
Golf Professional/ Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 24, 2016
Staff was polite. I enjoyed working with my staff who were flexible and knowledgeable. Management was not always the nicest.
Ironman Job
Team Sports, Sales Support, & Golf Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 23, 2016
This was a great experience and a fun company to work for. Good pay and great hours. Good people to work with. Would definitely recommend working for IronMan to others.
Great People Poor Management
Apparel Sales Associate/ Cashier Manager (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDApril 22, 2016
When I first started I had very little cashier experience, I couldn't even really do a basic return. They gave me a half hour training session with somebody who really didn't know much about cashiering either. I was frustrated every time I came into work for a solid two months. Nobody was giving me the training I needed and they immediately promoted me to cashier manager. I had to figure out most of the things I know by myself. Ive been a cashier manager for about 9 months now and I just about have everything down. I am the one training new cashiers now and I try my best at giving them the skills they need because I know my managers are NOT going to give them the training they need. Other then that there was a lot of drama and petty things happening in the work place and the managers again did nothing about it. I had to learn to not get involved with everybody's work drama and stick to the first priority when you come to work and thats CUSTOMER SERVICE. That was my favorite part of my job, seeing somebody's face light up when you go above and beyond for that person. That to me is what makes a job a good job; your attitude is what is going to define your working career.
Pros
25% off Discounts
Cons
Lack of management
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 22, 2016
i do enjoy this job but they just dnot offer enough hours for someone to pay bills. You almost have to have a second job so that you can pay bills. other than that the people are friendly and the managers are pretty cool.
Great environment, fun workplace
Cashier, CSS (Customer Service Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 20, 2016
Management is very laid back yet efficient at the same time. It was a great place to work, a very low stress environment.

All of the different departments work well together, there is a great sense of being part of a team.
Please Read Before You Apply
Lodge Associate (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALApril 20, 2016
I was offered a job after doing several follow-ups with them about the job. They had me wait 2 weeks to pass a background check, they said they called me 3 times for orientation, but my phone never rang. Finally I got them to let me come in so we could meet. They liked me and offered me $9.00 hourly pay, part-time work. Here's the issue. They paid me at $8.00 pay rate according to my check. I didn't fill out any paperwork. They just threw me on the floor, not shadowing anyone like you normally would. I did great my first night alone. Then one manager tells me to come in on 2 days during the week. I called on my way to work to let them know I was coming and I'm not on the schedule?! This happened every week! I was hired over a month ago and only have worked 3 days. They never put me on the schedule. I asked what the deal was and I'm told retail is seasonal? What?! That's ridiculous. They hired 2 people same time as me and they were there every two days. Poor management at Alabaster location. Too many hands in the cookie jar. You got 4 different managers telling you differently and the girl that makes the schedule never puts you on there? The Manager can't add you? Just make sure they do what they say before you get our hopes up.
Pros
Discount, Fun Place
Cons
Read Comment
Extremely Hands on environment, Sports Driven.
BIKE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 18, 2016
Overall loved the job, managers had open door policy. Everyone was easy to talk to. Only left for advancement opportunity with another company.
Customers with similar interests.
Team Sports Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 18, 2016
A typical day involved speaking to customers all day, assessing their wants and needs and suggesting certain products based on desired spending range, quality needed, and more. I learned a lot about sports that I had never known much about at all, as well as sports that I have always been passionate about. A lot of the day was spent interacting with co-workers to assist them in finding products, information about products, or working on floor projects. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a father find his son his ideal first baseball glove or first set of football pads and see the excitement within the child.
Really awesome staff and a great place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2016
A great place to work if you enjoy any sports. Always surrounded by great people during any shift and the staff will work for you with your availability.
Tough environment
Merchandise Planner (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2016
A lot of pressure, but not a lot of support. Training is lacking, and it's a sink or swim environment. Morale is low, but salaries are good so people put up with it. Systems are fair to poor. Be prepared to do a lot in Excel on very tight deadlines.
High Demand
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSApril 12, 2016
Company is growing and is struggling to find the balance between tasking and customer service.

There is much pressure on the District Managers to produce numbers, which can be felt at the store level.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
task orientated
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJApril 12, 2016
A typical day would be clocking in and reviewing the new inventory that had come in over night. Then going on to the floor and trying to help other customers in what they are looking for. The coworkers were amazing and a lot of fun!
Poor Corporate Structure and Management.
Apparel Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 11, 2016
No training programs in place for new associates and there is limited to no communication between departments. Expect low pay, empty promises, and limited hours.
Pros
Easy job.
Cons
Everything else.
Not okay
associate (Former Employee) –  kennesaw, gaApril 10, 2016
If you have no life, you should work here. Some managers are good, but most managers aren't understanding if you have to miss work for personal reasons, emergencies, etc.
Pros
Fun sometimes with co-workers and customers
Cons
management and overall company
Character Building and Customer Service
Bikes/Fitness Associate and Operations (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 10, 2016
At Dick's Sporting Goods, everyday was filled with hard work and customer satisfaction was at its finest. I really enjoyed being able to assist and relate to customers with whatever they needed in the store or with advice. I had wonderful coworkers that loved their job and would always support and encourage each other daily. The hardest part of the job was pleasing the most customers as possible equally while allocating time to other work obligations such as building and repairing bikes or working in operations. I really enjoyed the amount of customers I was able to assist. Making their day easier while they were shopping was very satisfying and many customers were grateful for the extra effort.
Having a postive attitutde at all times
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHApril 9, 2016
Working with people you dont know gives you the opportunity to show them who you are as a person im matters of seconds, and that helps me what i need to work on as a persona and how to live a happy life.
Pros
different experience with each customer
Cons
when they have attitudes
great place to work
Lodge Associate (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHApril 6, 2016
love the staff that i work with. Very easy job, and I enjoy talking with the customers. I enjoy learning about guns and ammo.
Pros
talking to people
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYApril 5, 2016
Fun and relaxed environment. Good benefits and friendly co-workers. Longer store hours than the mall is open which can create long working days.
Pros
Employee Discount, flexible hours
Cons
Long store hours
Competitive Company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 5, 2016
The company is competitive within the industry in terms of both growth and employee compensation. If you are salaried, expect to pull long hours during certain seasons.