Dick's Sporting Goods
1,397 reviews

Dick's Sporting Goods United States Employee Reviews

Dick's Sporting Goods
Store Manager (Former Employee), Winston Salem, NCApril 26, 2015
Pros: Fun, interesting place to work
Cons: N/A
Fine company, good culture. Enjoyed my time with the company. Management gives clear direction. Rewarding work and clean, safe place to work.
Productive Job
Customer Service Specialist (Lead Cashier) (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 23, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: short breaks
Its an OK job. Gives you little hours management is not fair and most of the time they cut down hours not much benefits but the employee discount which is 25%.
Its Okay
Cashier/ Apparel Associate (Former Employee), Chico, CAApril 23, 2015
It was fun to work with people my own age, but the management was lacking. Very focused on meeting ridiculous sales goals.
Exciting job
Cashier (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: not enough hours
I helped customers with any questions they would have. I learned more about the register and more about sports that I had not knew before. My managers are the best managers that anyone could ever have. They care about all of their associates and help them to succeed in anything they do. There's nothing hard about being a cashier. the most enjoyable part of my job is going and being able to help out customers, makes me feel like a good person.
Fun environment and learning opportunities
Customer Service Associate/ Apparel Associate (Current Employee), Bee Caves, TxApril 23, 2015
Pros: Fun environment and flexible hours
Cons: Not much room for advancement
Learn a lot about merchandising and selling as well as dealing with difficult customers and making relationships with customers. I enjoy being able to assist the customers and sell our products because I believe in there quality and the functionality of them is best suited for anyone with workout needs of all kinds.
Overall A Cool Place to Work
SSC Employee (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 23, 2015
Nice Office facility with fitness center, full cafe (many options), Starbucks and dry cleaning services on campus. Nice employees and great benefits. However, lots of meetings and can be difficult to balance work and family if you have a young family.
Retail Specialist (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great discounted beneifts
Cons: High turnover
Great environment to work in with good employees to work alongside with. Positive managers always kept the employees happy each day.
Great overall work environment
General Sports Sales Associate (Former Employee), Garner, NCApril 22, 2015
The people that I worked with were very friendly and helpful with everything I needed. Top of the class work-environment where people put the customers needs first. Management was great, in which they kept us busy with work that needed to be done. However, the management spaced the work out between employees so everyone could get his or here job done effectively.
good and bad
Bike Technician (Current Employee), Pittsfield, MAApril 21, 2015
If you are looking for part time work this is the place for you. If you are looking to advance your career you will most likely not succeed. They do not like to hire from within and it is almost impossible to get descent raises. Other than that it can be a fun job, depending on coworkers. This retail job will definitely require more work and a lot more knowledge than other retail jobs and will still pay you minimum wage.
Good work enviroment
Lodge Associate (Former Employee), Dover DeApril 20, 2015
Normal retail duties mosydays could be a little boring but the people i wi=orked with and for kept everyone working and enjoying their day
Work Summary
individually and as
a team
Okay place to work..
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 16, 2015
Pros: small discount
Cons: short breaks, under paid
If your a teen looking for a summer job dicks is going to over work you and under pay you. Some of my managers were awesome and fun to work with and then some would be grumpy and take it out on you. My co-workers were around the same age as me (19-24) and also felt the same way as i did.
fun place to work
Lodge associate (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: none
Mostly a relaxed environment, depending on management. Otherwise a great place to work. Employee friendly environment with a mix of great, returning customers
Unique Retail Enviroment
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 14, 2015
Though I only worked at DSG for short time I was able to learn several skills that would propel my advancement in my current position. The conflict resolution and customer engagement skill have allowed me to work more efficiently.
Most Enjoyable part of the job
Price and Signage Coordinator (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Flexibility with schedule, experience gained
Cons: Advancement
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to work with the management team on a daily basis. I get to help them delegate different tasks.
Great place to work part time and full time
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Matthews, NCApril 13, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, environment, management, everything
Cons: Truck days in operations you have be be in by 5am sometimes
I worked in the operations department. If you love sports, you will LOVE working here. Everyone is so friendly and management actually cares about you. I made several friends while working at Dicks. Employees are recognized for their handwork and that is shown by who is promoted to team leads. The right people were always promoted. Overall a great experience.
Friendly environment with lots to do
Pricing and Sign Coordinator (Current Employee), Easton, PAApril 12, 2015
Pros: Steady Hours
Cons: Being the only person in the position
A typical day at work consists of checking the pricing issues of that day, checking for any price changes, checking for and making signs where they are needed. I learned how to work with people and deal with customer service when I have to cover the shifts at the customer service desk. My co-workers are very nice and friendly and willing to help out. The hardest part of my job is having enough time to get all my work done. I often stay as late as I can to make sure everything is done in my area of the business. I enjoy how fast the days go because I'm constantly doing something at all times. I'm always busy and always have something that needs to be done.
Not my favorite job
CASHIER SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Oswego, ILApril 12, 2015
Pros: The customers
Cons: Management, pay, and schedule
They show a lot of favoritism to certain employees. Unfair management. Pay isn't very good. Scheduling is terrible. No hours to give. I feel that the place is going out of business. I work part time and last week I got 0 hours. Now this week I have 5 hours. It is very unfair scheduling. It's all about favoritism, if they "like" you, you get hours and move up in the company.
Dick's
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 12, 2015
Dick's is a great company in that they provide leadership and advancement opportunities. Overall, they are a solid company to work for.
Great work environment with positive co workers.
Apparel Associate (Current Employee), Boise, IDApril 11, 2015
Pros: Discount, fun enviroment
Cons: Hours
Keep apparel pads clean, process freight, backup cashier, you must have a general idea of what gets security tagged, re-merchandise pads

1 2 3 4 5

About Dick's Sporting Goods

See Dick's shoppers run, putt, dunk, drive, dribble -- and buy. Fast-growing Dick's Sporting Goods operates about 480 stores in 40-plus – Read more

Dick's Sporting Goods Salaries

Sales Associate/Customer Service
$8.75 per hour

Dick's Sporting Goods Photos

Bike event
only recent photo i have on my computer...Sorry
Breast cancer awareness week.  I am the one in the gray shirt.