1,544 reviews

Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

Productive and relaxed environment
o Apparel/Cashier (Current Employee), dover deJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Relaxing, Awesome team
Cons: short breaks
I reorganize and maintain the apparel, make sure its resized and neat for customers. I open fitting rooms for customer. I am also a backup-cashier, so when needed i also ring up sales. I answer phones and direct calls to certain deparments in the store. I am also there when a customer is in need.
fun place good for teenager but no futer for an adult
Receiving manager (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJuly 26, 2015
Worked two years and promised a position and strungallong finally left good time working there but again no future and full-time is 32 hours a week
fun fun fun
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 26, 2015
fun working place and fun co workers being able to go to work comfortable in sports gear always a plus. would work there again.
Fun place to work
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Arcola, VAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: pay could be better
A typical day would be manning the front area of the store. We greet every customer that walks through our doors and make sure they leave satisfied. I learned that customer service is the utmost important aspect of a successful business. We take pride in satisfying every single customer.
It's a good job to have in High School
Cashier (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: favoritism
Its not a job I would particularly want out of high school. it would be a great art time job, If I was looking for 20 hours a week.
Fun but must be a good worker
Golf Lead (Current Employee), san antonio, txJuly 24, 2015
This is a great company and great oppritunity. But, you must be a good worker because it isn't all fun and games. I would recommend it though, love it here.
Everyones temporary
Sales Associate (Former Employee), cheektowagaJuly 24, 2015
I got this job in the summer and by time school started in September I was one of the longest active workers the turn over for any position is high.
Laid back, but no work/life balance
Hardlines Manager (Current Employee), TennesseeJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Advancement within company
Cons: No payroll, average pay
No time for family with working 6 days during holidays. Always running with skeleton crew as well. Great opportunity to move your way up.
Highly Productice
Run specialist (Current Employee), Springfield,VAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: disfunctional managment, agressive managers
Average day at Dicks sporting goods was about superior customer service and great knowledge of your position. Management unfortunately were not organized and were fired and replaced throughout the year. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the constant pull and tug of each of the managers not knowing the priorities and slowing down production overall. Most enjoyable is the many people that come in to shop and advising them on many different products.
It was fun and difficult all rolled into one
Lodge Associate (Former Employee), Independence, MOJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Hours and coworkers
Cons: Management and holidays
Though we often had bad management and some less than desirable associates the good ones bonded together to work through challenge and change.
Service and sales
District Manager (Former Employee), Kansas & Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great people & merchandise
Cons: Lacks processes in HR
I loved helping leaders grow in their careers. Great merchandise and shop within a shop concept. Very focused on conversion and personal selling.
great place to work
sales associate (Current Employee), clackamas, orJuly 20, 2015
dicks sporting goods is a great and competitive place to work. I work with a diverse group of people and customers and deal with a lot of technical things with the golf clubs
Typical retail
Associate (Former Employee), OklahomaJuly 19, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: no insurance
It was typical retail. Helping customers, helping customers with everything. Do work for supervisors, easy work but no benefits. hardly any hours. only get 40hrs when its the holidays
Productive and fun work environment
cashier (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: discounts on clothes and shoes
Cons: not enough hours or pay per hour
money handling transactions while building customer relation skills and enhancing basic job skills to move forward in career
Day at work
Customer Service Associate / Bicycle Technician (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Free flights for SELF
Cons: Long periods away from home
As a flight attendant my schedule would very ALL the time early on. But as I got invested I received a "line" which is what they called a "set" schedule. Every day was different and that is what I appreciated and miss the most. Engaging with multiple cultures and people all day was exciting, to me at least.
lots of room for advancement
Soft Lines Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJuly 19, 2015
I had several promotions within my time with the company because I wasn't limited in mobility, however, the sporting goods industry isn't in my best interest.
Productive but monotonous place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), CarbondaleJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Employee discount on certain items
Cons: Minimum wage, worked harder than I was paid, too monotonous
A typical day at Dick's Sporting Goods involved talking to customers to help them find what they're looking for, making sure that the fitting rooms and return drawers were clean and empty, and running freight onto the sales floor. The managers and employees that I worked with were okay. No one ever gave me a hard time and for the most part everyone just did what they were supposed to be doing. The job was fine in the beginning, however it became too monotonous and I saw no opportunity for a promotion. The pay was also minimum wage which discouraged me.
Great Stepping Stone as a manager in the retail industry.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment, wear sportswear to work, customer base is great!
Cons: Unrealistic expectations
Great work environment for hourly associates looking for part-time work. Unfortunately, upper level management has no idea of how the day to day business in the store is ran. Expectations from district management and above are very unrealistic.
fun and easy-going workplace
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Selinsgrove, PAJuly 16, 2015
Dicks sporting goods is a extremely friendly and easy-going work place that respects employers enough to accommodate their religious beliefs when it comes to dress.
Great culture and environment
General Manager (Current Employee), Pleasant Hill, CAJuly 16, 2015
Drive the business everyday,relentlessly. No day is ever the same which is great.

I have learned more here with the organization from leadership stand point

1 2 3 4 5

About Dick's Sporting Goods

About Dick's Sporting Goods See Dick's shoppers run, putt, dunk, drive, dribble -- and buy. Fast-growing Dick's Sporting Goods – Read more

Dick's Sporting Goods Salaries