Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

Found 3,028 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHJuly 22, 2017
Dicks was a fun place to work, the co-workers were friendly and for the most part the customers were too. The starting pay is a little low for such a big organization, but there's plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
store discount
Cons
short breaks
Dicks Sporting goods
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 21, 2017
Great opportunity to provide customer service while recommending products about a sport or activity you are passionate about. Works with school schedules as a part time employee.
Pros
flexible (as a pt employee)
A great company to grow with
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAJuly 21, 2017
As a retail manager it is tough to have a work/life balance. On the flip side the company is driven to grow and strives to promote their associates from within. I have been with this company since 2009 when they purchased my previous employer.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Schedules
I Wouldn't Do It Again
Corporate Associate (Current Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAJuly 21, 2017
I was hired out of college by DSG and was "promoted" multiple times within the organization.

The workplace itself is beautiful. Amazing amenities, a great gym, casual Fridays and a young culture.

The problems are that there is no job hierarchy, correct people are not promoted, extremely political, low pay (raises are literally less than inflation) and horrible management.

If I could re-do my career, I would have never applied here.
Pros
Facility
Cons
No Hierarchy, Incorrect Promotions, Political, Low Pay, Terrible Management
Fun and energetic workplace!
Customer Care Representative (CCR) (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJuly 21, 2017
Everyday at work is fun and fast paced. there is never a dull moment on the floor! If you love sports, and have the desire to work in a sports themed environment, then this is the place you want to be!
Fun Place to Work with Good People
Lead Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 21, 2017
If you know what you are doing and do it correctly, you will have no problem. Typical customer service job, you won't like going EVERYDAY but I enjoyed going most days.
Bad Management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 21, 2017
The managers did not make you feel welcome. It was very cut-throat and I dreaded showing up to work everyday. There was little to no encouragement for achievements. The other associates were kind and more helpful than management was. However, not all management was useless.
Productive work environment, fast paced, laid back but also a fun work place.
Attend staff (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 20, 2017
It is a good part time job for young adults who are looking to just get a little money in their pocket while going to school or working 2 jobs. In my opinion it is not a job that you would want to make a career out of.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits
Dick's Sporting Goods
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 20, 2017
Overall it is a good place to work. Employees and coworkers are fun to work with. Sometimes it is difficult to keep busy and management is often not very good. Best perk is the ability to take off as often as needed and is flexible around life schedules.
Pros
flexible, coworkers
Cons
management, very few customers
Mostly fun, but managment needs to reconsider their attitude
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 20, 2017
Typically, there is a dark cloud hanging over the store when the store manager is in. Stress is in the air. The condescending remarks, the talking-down to associates, the constant pressure and negative attitude doesn't make the associates want to work harder. The associates, other leads, and assistant managers, however, are much more fun to work with. Overall, the atmosphere in the store is positive, except for when the store manager is in. This is not to say that the assistant managers and other leads are lax when working, but it seems we (as other managers) have a different outlook on things and try to make the day more positive and fun while still achieving our goals.
Pros
Discounts, mostly fun environment, fast-paced atmosphere
Cons
Even with a 10-hour shift, you get a half hour break.

Want to know more about Dick's Sporting Goods?

Ask a question
Dicks Sporting
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALJuly 19, 2017
Most employees never showed up to work which made it stressful especially on weekends having to cover areas that you were not familiar with, and the manager never got on to them or never fired them and then the ones who actually showed up never got appreciated.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
People not showing up for work
Productive and a great working environment.
FOOTWEAR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 18, 2017
A typical day at work would be described as preparing shelves and cleaning before the store opens and maintaining overall satisfying customer service.
fun fast paced enviroment. if you love sports this a place for you.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 18, 2017
overall it was a fun place to work at, there is always something new everyday. with so many departments there is a lot that you can learn. its always busy so there is always something to do. taking care of the customer is the main priority.
Pros
you get to see the new style of clothes before anybody else does. employee discount is always a plus
Cons
not enough hours
It was okay
Apperal Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 18, 2017
It was a not bad for working and going to school full-time which I do. All I did was take time and fold clothes making sure each pad was straight and in order for the next day. This did get very repetitive over time.
Culture of insanity and strangeness
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAJuly 18, 2017
Very weird place to work with many weird people. I don't suggest anyone work for this company. The prices are so high at their stores, that the employee discount really doesn't even make a dent

Not a good place for teamwork and the infighting, backbiting and backstabbing is very prevalent! Nobody could be trusted with anything.
Job itself is good, management is terrible
Footwear Associate (Current Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHJuly 18, 2017
The job itself is nice and very enjoyable, I loved it. The management however, is terrible. Never knew what was going on in the back, managers would never listen to employees, managers and team leaders would often not care to the job, unless a customer is involved. No communication between managers and employees would often lead to very confusing and sloppy environment.
Pros
the job itself
Cons
incompetent management
Fun place to work and great employee discounts.
Golf Technician (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJuly 18, 2017
In the golf department you constantly need to keep up with your knowledge for the new products that come out. I enjoy working with the employee younger generation. You need to make sure that you greet every customer that comes into your department and offer assistance. The hardest part of my job would be standing on a concrete floor, without being able to get off your feet occasionally. The most enjoyable part would be that you keep up with the new equipment that is a constant changeover, and help customers find the product that would benefit their own game. I love my manager! She is an extremely hard working manager who expects her employees to meet her expectations in doing their job.
Pros
Great employee discounts, and fun co-workers
Cons
Standing on a concrete floor for long periods of time.
Fun work environment, not much flexibility for non work life
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  State College, PAJuly 18, 2017
My time at Dick's has helped develop my sales skills as well as my ability to communicate effectively with others. The only downside about working here is the holidays can be a little ridiculous and it is difficult to get time off for real life.
Work with you on scheduling
Golf Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 18, 2017
Great place to work, Very flexible on hours. Gain additional savings through 3 point 5.com and in-store. There are advancement opportunities for the motivated associate,
Pros
Comfortable Working Environment
Cons
Hourly Pay
Great company and job
Apparel Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 18, 2017
I learned so much at Dick's Sporting Goods. I acquired a lot of helpful cashier skills also while working here. I had amazing managers. My job tasks weren't always easy and I was constantly busy, but it was well worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dick's Sporting Goods. Our community is ready to answer.