Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

Found 2,669 reviews matching the search
a day in footwear
Footwear Associate (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 21, 2017
i love working in footwear, and helping customers get the right things they need to improve their health and lifestyles. There are daily checklists that we go through to insure the store looks good and easily acceptable to the customer.
Was promised a bunch, but nothing was nowhere met
Lodge Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAApril 21, 2017
I left my previous job in hopes from what I was told ( consistent hours and pay). Aside from that management happen to lose my first paycheck which I never received.

As for hours, it was good for the first month. Suddenly my 28 hour weeks went down to 20 to 12 to a whooping 8 hours a week. The management does have their favorites and tend to cater to them. I've seen a huge turn around rate within a month.

Don't work here unless you want 12 hours or less.
Pros
Get to work in a department you like
Cons
Place is short staffed, was promised a lot, very little hours
good
Lodge Associate (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 20, 2017
A good work environment i enjoyed my time working at Dick's Sporting Goods when i was employees. Management was good and just another retail job .
Very Fun Enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHApril 20, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. We seem to get along really well, and I feel like most of the management care about me as a person.

The hardest part of my job is feeling underappreciated when I take on projects that are not in my area. I am a "team player," but I often feel taken advantage of and not compensated for my work.
Pros
discount, team environment, fast paced, customer service oriented, flexible schedule
Cons
healthcare, low wages, inconsistent weekly hours, not a lot of opportunity for advacement
productive and engaging work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHApril 20, 2017
i have learned how to use new sports equipment, as well as how to explain them to others. the most enjoyable part of my job is engaging with customers and learning new things
Great company.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLApril 19, 2017
Loved working for Dick's great environment great people great pay. Opportunity for growth and able to learn different departments. Anywhere from footwear to guns and ammo
Just okay
Sporting goods salesman (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 18, 2017
I worked here for a while and was promised a promotion for several months without ever receiving it. The scheduling is usually changed without notification.
cashier
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 18, 2017
I run people up and took their money. I had to keep the front end neat and sometimes recover the pads. I learned how to multitask and how to deal with people. It is hard to deal with rude customers. I liked the chaos sometimes.
Pros
money
Cons
people sometimes
Fun workplace
Footwear Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 18, 2017
Fun work environment. Coworkers are very nice and easy to get along with. Great job for you if you don't mind standing for extended periods of time. Would recommend!
Awful place to work would never recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 18, 2017
Thy hired way too many people so they had to cut everyone's hours in half if not more. The store is very poorly managed. The people that work there are mostly college aged kids who are more worried about each other than doing a good job at their job
Pros
Nice discounts
Cons
Can't rely on many people
Fun fast paced job.
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDApril 18, 2017
When working here, there were very fun customers and coworkers. It was a seasonal Job, though the holidays. I was responsible for up keeping the front end, customer service, product placement, and money handling.
Pros
Fun customers, fast paced.
Cons
Long amounts of standing.
My experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 18, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Dick's Sporting Goods and would have loved to work there again if they would have me. My time there was nothing but fun and quality relationships. The pay was great for retail and I received plenty of hours. If you work there, keep the job because they don't rehire!!!
fun work place, welcoming, have to be very patient
Footwear Associate (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 17, 2017
I truly love working here its fun, everyone is very nice, the costumers are very nice as well but you have to be patient with them. The store works fine but the management is weak at least in the I worked in.
Pros
the environment is very welcoming
Cons
the management
Great employee discount
Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 17, 2017
I worked for dicks for 10 long years. Gave up lots of time with my family and for nothing. It was not a great place to work. To be fair it as been 7 years so things may have changed.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Everything else
Productive, always something to do.
Team Sports Associate (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYApril 17, 2017
In Team Sports, you're always helping customers or moving stuff around. The people you may be helping there are great and always talkative in a good way. Managers are great, and you get a good discount on certain stuff.
Pros
Half hour to hour break, relaxed.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Some of the best managers around!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 17, 2017
Although they do not pay a lot and hire only at a part time level, Dick's is on of the better places to work in retail. The managers are quite understanding if you cannot come in and you can always go to them if you have a problem or question. They want you to succeed. There is a touch of micromanaging from the store manager, but it is his store and I think anyone would do the same if it was their store. The employees are a younger crowd, but they are really cool to work with. You may have to pick up their slack at closing time, but who doesn't have to pick up slack at any job.
Pros
Managers want you to succeed. They are easy going and understanding.
Cons
I wish we could go full time.
guest service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 17, 2017
I am usually stocking, recovery the store, answering phones, and running a register. Folding clothes and hanging clothes. I also will help run the register if needed.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours or help
Nice place to work however....
Material Handler & Loader (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAApril 16, 2017
This company was nice to work for however, management and some supervisors clearly had favoritism and promoted who they wanted in certain positions. It seemed to me that men were put in certain departments and it was hard for them to move up to less strenuous work unlike the females who work there.
Pros
Obtaining new skills
Cons
Turnover rate was high and supervisor were terrible
Positive Environment, efficient process
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAApril 16, 2017
Going to work was always exciting for me. I loved everyone that I worked with and I am passionate about sales. I enjoy interacting with customers. I learned about why we set the store up in the way we do. I learned that the customer is always right. It was always a happy place on the floor. The hardest part of my job was being well rounded about every sport we have products for in the store. Over the years I learned a lot and created a stable base.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Good environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 16, 2017
Always low on hours never met the minimum hour requirements I asked for. Was not very set on the company rules. Organization was not very good either.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dick's Sporting Goods. Our community is ready to answer.