Dick's Sporting Goods

1.6K reviews

Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

Fun and engaging atmosphere with discombobulated management
Apparel Associate (Former Employee), Nashua, NHAugust 26, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere, fun customers
Cons: no benefits, no room to grow within the company, bad management
A great place to work for a fun atmosphere and coworkers. Management was constantly under duress from corporate visits, which in turn created an aura of frustration which was present every day. After a change in store management there was a lot of confusion that followed. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay on the same page as management and not step on their toes. The most enjoyable part were my colleagues who were always willing to help customers and each other out.
Fun place to work but advancement is sluggish
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Athletic wear a must.
Cons: Hours are not guaranteed.
There is not much to expect in retail. Customer service is key. Pay sucks. However, the job duties are not complicated. Most days(depending on the season and day of the week) consist of short spells of super busy followed by long bouts of waiting for a customer to service. Best part of all, comfortable, athletic wear is required.
Challenging and demanding company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee), FloridaAugust 24, 2015
Pros: The company offers excellent benefits
Cons: There is no work/life balance.
The company if very demanding and requires a lot from its salaried managers as well as its hourly sales associates on very limited payroll. The company does a lot for youth sports and the community.
great first job
Lead Cashier/Front End (Former Employee), blasdell ny and orchard park nyAugust 23, 2015
retail can get tiring over time but i loved working at dick's sporting goods great people and i would defiantly recommend anyone 18 and up need a job to try it out
Would not recommend working here
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Bangor, MEAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Was a job
Cons: Didnt pay enough and hours often cut or extremely horrible hours
Very rude employees, no moral work ethics and work like a dog without compensation or recognition when promoted. Very high turn over rate for a company, does not take care of it's employees.
productive and fast paced
Sales Associate, Lodge/ Outdoor Department (Current Employee), Milford, CTAugust 21, 2015
Pros: 25% off
Cons: treat you like a child
A fast paced place to work based around customer service. Only issue I had was management gave unrealistic time frames for projects and slaved you through them.
Busy Day
Sales Support Manager (Current Employee), Olathe, KSAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Ok Pay
Cons: Lack of support from any corporate standpoint
The hardest part of your job is the micromanagement from corporate as well as the low level of care on the corporate side.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Okay Place to Work
Front End Associate (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 20, 2015
The hours kind of suck but overall it wasn't the worst place to work. The staff is friendly and is passionate about helping people find what they're looking for.
easy going
footwear associate (Former Employee), frisco, TXAugust 20, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: low pay
Great place to work, apart from the low pay and poor raises. Flexible hours. Poor schedule making. If you like sports, you will enjoy your co-workers.
Busy and fun place to work
Footwear Sales Associate (Current Employee), Concord, NHAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Friendly employees
Cons: low pay, random hours
Dicks sporting goods is a great social place to work. Co-workers are friendly and always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is the fact that it is retail, which means unless you are a full time supervisor or manager your hours are completely random and you have low pay. The most enjoyable part about the job is that you get great satisfaction of helping a customer find what he/she were looking for and it bringing a smile to their face.
Exciting place to work at with great associates and good customers
Lodge Sales Associate (Current Employee), Uniontown PennsylvaniaAugust 20, 2015
Moving from one small sportsman store to a huge corporate business was a big change yet gave me the details of how large corporations have to be run.
good place to work part time
Golf Associate (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCAugust 18, 2015
Worked part time during the school year. very flexible working hours and great co-workers. Can be stressful during holiday season.
Typical Day at Work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2015
Pros: responsibilites, growth, easy
Cons: hours
- Starts off with cash handling, preparing the store before opening.
- Run register, greet/assist customers, maintain front end, phone calls, and cleanliness.
- provide assistance to other associates, management.
- help with in store assignments.
After doing these tasks, I am able to maintain and acquire important knowledge about the store and company. I have been allowed to grow and develop, while constantly taking home something new everyday
Footwear Associate (Former Employee), Elyria, OHAugust 18, 2015
It was a very rewarding and productive place to work. I learned a lot and became more efficient as a team player. Learned a lot about sales.
Apparel associate
Apparel Associate (Former Employee), Toledo, OHAugust 15, 2015
Every day was something different for the most part. One day I would be merchandising apparel, the next I would be checking in shipments. I really enjoyed this job because it offered diverse tasks that challenged me daily.
It was alright
Footwear Associate (Former Employee), Gresham, ORAugust 15, 2015
I didn't work there long, but it was a good place to get some retail experience while also going to school. It is a great part time job.
Teams sports lead
Team Sports Lead (Former Employee), Hickory, NCAugust 14, 2015
I was a Team sports lead and also was trained as a bicycle specialist. The job consist of assisting customers in both areas to ensure great customer service along with expert advise with anything involving sports.
Can be very frustrating
Footwear associate (Current Employee), Richmond, KYAugust 14, 2015
The work is not hard, just very frustrating. The company is poorly managed. They do not care about work ethic, or responsibility so your job will be safe regardless, but they do not determine hours based on work ethic, responsibility, etc. If you like sports, most of the customers will be easy and fun to deal with though. It also pays good for an unskilled position. If it weren't for such poor management, I would have very little complaints.
good work place great people to work with
Bike Tech, Sale associate (Former Employee), milford ctAugust 14, 2015
Pros: good hours and easy to learn
Cons: better training
fun environment helpful workers and learned a lot good training but could be a little more training and a little more help would be good as well
not my favorite place
Cashier (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 13, 2015
A typical day at work was checking out customers and offering them warranties and credit options with their purchases. I learned how to multitask my managers were not my favorite group of managers I have ever worked with. They were not as friendly but they were always around to help. My coworkers were friendly and always willing tot fill in for me if need be. The hardest part of the job was knowing that i was putting in 110% and was never going to get rewarded for it. The most enjoyable part was looking at my paycheck.
Industry