1,488 reviews

Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

Good work place
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIJune 27, 2015
While working at Dick’s Sporting Goods I played a role in the footwear department where I Was a sales associate. My responsibilities were too provide excellent customer service, sell shoes with hook ups, – more... promote sales, meet sales goals, and be a part of the team. I got let go from this job because I was hired as a temporary associate. They hired a lot of temporary people because of the fact it was a new store and they needed help setting it up and then to get them through the holidays. – less
Wiull work with a schedule you provide.
Team Sports Assiociate (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJune 26, 2015
Pros: Sporting goods is fun to help people buy
Cons: not too many
Busy fast paced place to work. Will work with on schedule. Management is understanding. Hours do change during shopping season.
dicks employee
Footwear Sales Lead (Supervisor) (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 25, 2015
great opportunity met a lot of brand reps that gave me free product.
I learned the basic communication and customer service skills to be successful.
Learning experience
Apparel Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Liberty, MOJune 24, 2015
Working for this company was an experience. This position really tested my patience with management and coworkers. I learned to always ask questions and think for yourself. The hardest part of the job was working with other employees that did not value their job. Work is something I always hope to enjoy no matter what it is. Management was helpful to an extent.
Productive & fun place to work at
Team sports sales associate (Former Employee), Columbus OHJune 24, 2015
Working at Dicks Sporting Goods allowed me to grow and enhance my customer service skills while providing general knowledge about sporting equipment to the general public. I've enjoyed my experience as an employee while working for this company.
Good place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJune 24, 2015
I worked here on and off for a couple of years and it was a dependable job to come back to. The people were always good to work with, at any location.
Customer service job that pays what you put in.
Bicycle Technician (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 22, 2015
Pros: flexible shifts, work with someone new every day
Cons: customer service, guests can get rude, repetitive
Working as a bike tech gives me plenty of experience working on and fixing bikes. When not offering excellent customer service, tasks include building and repairing bikes, and cleaning and organizing various – more... departments. The management is very understanding and is willing to work with you on many topics, work and non work related. It is easy to communicate with them and get your point across. Initially assigned as an apparel associate and moving to bikes has given me a solid grasp of everything in the big, two story store, from camping equipment, to bike accessories, to water sport items, to football and soccer equipment, and different clothing and footwear needs. Being at the store for the time I have has allowed me to improve my time management skills and meet deadlines when necessary. The other employees are easy to get along with and talk to. Since customer service in the primary focus, employees are personable and articulate. On any given day, there is maybe an hour or two that can become really hectic. This small time span can be filled with an endless stream of guests with various needs while managing other tasks assigned by management. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a satisfied guest pleased with a huge smile from the service you provided. The discount is also a bonus incentive. – less
Great Learning Opportunity
Lodge Associate (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJJune 22, 2015
Pros: Good people to work with
Cons: Its retail
Learned a lot while working at Dick's. Great place to develop or enhance interpersonal skills. Organizational skills are key as well as being able to multi-task.
Fun to work but not a career
Cashier (Current Employee), Palm DesertJune 20, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: EVERYTHING
Worked here for a few months, not a great place to work, Managment is biased, very unorganized, your not really trained, and most of the time management will ask you to cover a department you clearly know – more... nothing about. I honestly can say the best part was my hours they stayed consistent, but his job isn't promising. Already I'm not going anywhere with this company even though I would like to but Managment has screwed me other several times and not just me I've seen it happen to several co workers. I've never had a job where I needed to know HR number but it is saved on my phone for the constant complains of the integrity this store doesn't have – less
With the right team, it is a fun place to work.
Price Signage Coordinator/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Butler, PAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Company discount
Meeting new people on a daily basis and the majority leaving with a smile is always rewarding. The management and the co-workers at this particular store are all a great group to work with and I haven't had a day yet where I have regretted applying there.
Great Company, Especially if sports is your passion
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee), Flowood, MSJune 19, 2015
Love this company, They made me feel like family from day one!!!!!! Great place to display your passion. Hard work, very rewarding!
Decent place to work
Freight Flow Lead (Current Employee), Charleston, WVJune 19, 2015
I had been with this company for a few years, and at start it was enjoyable, but when I transferred stores it became less enjoyable.
Productive, Fun Work Place
Freight Flow/Sales Lead (Current Employee), Dickson City, PAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts
Cons: Health care
The greatest part of being able to work at Dick's Sporting Goods, is always keeping busy and productive. Being able to meet new co workers and being able to work as a team with great management. I learned – more... about everything from fitting customers for golf clubs, up to managing a freight team within a year. The hardest part of the job is time management, being able to get so much done within the planned time frame. The best part about the job is just being around all sports products, and being able to learn about any new products within the company. – less
Simple Hourly Job
Running Specialist/Softlines Manager (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Time
Cons: Small wages
As long as you show up and put in a standard day all is well. If you apply yourself and work hard you can advance to the next level. After the department manager position it can be difficult to work yourself into a store manager position. This is a standard hourly retail job.
Great environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Rutland, VTJune 18, 2015
Would love to have still been working there. A few scheduling mishaps lead to me not furthering my employment there. The job was great. I loved doing what I was doing, the other employees were nice and respectful. Very fun environment to work in.
Not a bad part-time, friendly work enviroment
Operations (Current Employee), New Braunfels, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers and helping customers
Cons: Low pay for amount of hours and kind of work
Load and unload store merchandise twice a week with friendly, supportive co-workers. most enjoyable part of this job is being able to fulfill customers needs and request to the best of my ability.
Easy Job, Young Management
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Portage, MIJune 16, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: to much negativity
I like the job a lot, wish I was still working there, but management seemed a little young in managing style they liked to pick more of the negatives then positives.
productive and great work place
Team Sport's Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: short breaks
fun part time job, management changed almost monthly and was hard to keep the job balance. Would recommend coming working here as a summer job or for students.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJune 16, 2015
Great job to work at if you love sports and are knowledgeable about new products. Also, we often revived free food around holidays and working overnights.
Recovering store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 13, 2015
Recovery lasted all day. Even up to hours after the store was closed. Even on Sundays. Good discounts for athletes and great place for college students to work on breaks,

1 2 3 4 5

About Dick's Sporting Goods

About Dick's Sporting Goods See Dick's shoppers run, putt, dunk, drive, dribble -- and buy. Fast-growing Dick's Sporting Goods – Read more

Dick's Sporting Goods Salaries