Dick's Sporting Goods
1,240 reviews

Dick's Sporting Goods Employer Reviews

Good Job
Hunting sales Associate (Former Employee), Cumming, GAJanuary 22, 2015
thit is a great place to work, every now and again the would mix up hours but overall it is a great store.
Fun and fast paced
Cashier/Stocker/Truck unloader (Former Employee), Rockaway, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good length breaks
Cons: poor management
Typical day involved standing around ringing up customers or unloading heavy merchandise off huge trucks at 4am. Co-workers were nice but the management had little to no respect for employees.
Fun place to work, terrible hours and advancement
Bike Tech (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYJanuary 21, 2015
This used to be a job that I looked forward to coming to work. But now I might get 13 hours a week, and that is almost every employee not just me. Pay is decent for a part time job but the lack of hours doesn't come close to making up for it. Management does some off the wall things occasionally. All in all if you are looking for a decent part time job while in school and you don't really need money just something to do then apply.
Fun and Exciting place to work
Front End Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: discounts on items
Cons: working with employees that didn't like working here.
Helping customers was a constant. It made the day go so fast checking out customers or helping them with the products we sold.
Patience and how to talk to customers.
Allowed me to handle most everything on my own since I had such great knowledge of the job.
Respected me and loved to work with me. I was fair and reasonable.
Dealing with difficult customers was definitely the toughest part of the job and co-workers not showing up for work and having to try to fill their spot when calling out.
Working with all sorts of people. Especially other sports enthusiast like me. I love sports!!
DSG
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 19, 2015
A typical say at work consist of clocking in and grabbing a radio/ headset then to area of work. Most of the time, it is about 2 or 3 cashiers on the clock at once. Handle the customers first and then remain busy throughout your shift.
Dicks Sporting Goods
Operations Lead (Current Employee), Frederick MDJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great place to work if you love sports.
I have work for the company for 6 plus years the thing about retail is shift work and a must work on weekends . Dicks is a great place for the sports addicted to work . There is always something new to learn there from hunting to the newest golf clubs.
Positive team setting, athletic atmosphere and fun customer service
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lombard, ILJanuary 17, 2015
I would arrive into work and clock in and get straight to work on the cash register.
Demonstrating amazing customer service wherever I go to ensure customers are satisfied in the store.
Operated the cash register with excellent maintaining of accurate drawer totals and distribution of correct currency from and to the customer.
I learned how to service and communicate with customers in the most effective ways possible.
Picked up on how management handled the day with us lower level employees incase someone ever needed to step up.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being in a team setting where everyone worked together to get the job done. Also being around athletic/fitness items throughout the store.
Great at times and terrible at times
Lodge associate/sales support associate (Former Employee), Michigan/ winston salem ncJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: everything else
I spent 4 years working for dicks sporting goods. As a part time lodge associate and was consently lied to by management about that I was going to be promoted to a full time lead position. They try to find any way to fire you. And most of the management both in the stores and the district and region all treat you like you have no brain. Nor do they know how the processes work like gun background checks or how to fill out the paperwork.
Sportings Goods
Sales Associate in apparel (Former Employee), Stroudsburg, PennsylvaniaJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers, associate appriciation, fun place to work
Cons: no breaks at times, no benefits, worked over 40 hours with out over time pay
Typical day consisted of folding clothes, reorganizing walls, helping customer both on the phone, in person and on computers. Helping with cash register as asked and required. I learned a lot about how to put a store together since i was there helping put it together when it first opened. My management there was pretty decent, they were very helpful and resourceful if needed, but weren't the best at their job. My co-workers became to be some of my close friends. The hardest part of my job would of had to be when I would have to please a customer, by finding them something similar to the product they wanted if we didn't have it. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the environment and the people i worked with.
Never ending opportunites to learn
Sales Support Manager (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Just as in so many other retail organizations, the typical day at work is never typical. Always an opportunity to learn something new, and always something atypical occurring. The associates here are passionate about their sports, so wonderful to hear them helping and encouraging those who may be starting out in that particular sport. Seems to be a disconnect between upper senior management and store level.
Typical retail setting
Apparel sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2015
The typical customer tends to be athletes or the parents of athletes. Location provides great traffic and friendly clientele.
fastpace
Running Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee), Montgomeryville, PAJanuary 14, 2015
it is a great place to work at learned a lot of management skills i have today because of this job
Fun , great enjoyable place
sales associate (Former Employee), Seekonk, MAJanuary 14, 2015
The management was great, the workers were awesome, was a very laid back place to work in but we all worked as a team and got the job done.

Everyone was very understanding and great personalities . I really have nothing negative at all to say about working here , I only left because it was only part time and I needed to become a full time employee.
Daily routine
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Cockeysville, MDJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great discount
Cons: pay rate
Most mornings start off at a good pace, however it is always an oppurtunity to learn something new. I have learned how to phone screen potenial hires and set up interviews for other managers. The co-workers are hardworking great employees. The hardest part of the job was dealing with my employer; he has a personality that I have never encountered in my life. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have completed my work and I leave for the day.
eXCELLENT COMPANY
DISTRICT HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER (Former Employee), DES PERES, MOJanuary 13, 2015
GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR, WORK LIFE BALANCE IS GREAT.VERY ENGAGEMENT MANAGEMENT TEAM.
Great part time job
Lodge Associate (Former Employee), Aurora CoJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: money
Looking for some extra cash this is a good place to do it. The discount there is also great
Busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 12, 2015
Each day there is lots to do, busy with customers or daily tasks. Most co-workers are hard working and reliable while some are not. But it is retail and that is what is to be expected especially if lots of workers are part time.
n/a
Sales Support/ Maintenance (Current Employee), West Springfield, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: nice discount
Cons: available hours
dicks sporting goods overall is a good company to work for, get treated well from the time you start to the time you leave, co-workers were great always had some type of joke to keep you laughing and help enjoy your day at work
Good team to work with great employee discount plan.
Store Opperations (Current Employee), Boynton Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: during holidays they fed us catered meals and 25 percent discount on most items throughout store.
Cons: hours cut after the holidays.
Cashier, Inventory control

Time management skills

Great associates to work with to get the job done.

Hardest part of the job was learning to do the job during the peek retail holiday season.

The customers and co workers were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Very Proud Corporate Culture!
eCommerce Content Coordinator (Former Employee), Coraopolis, PAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: gym at hq
Cons: compensation
Everyone at Dick's really feels a very extraordinary sense of pride to work for the company, and it's an incredibly cool sense of camaraderie.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dick's Sporting Goods

See Dick's shoppers run, putt, dunk, drive, dribble -- and buy. Fast-growing Dick's Sporting Goods operates about 480 stores in 40-plus – Read more

Dick's Sporting Goods Photos