Dick's Sporting Goods
1,055 reviews

Dick's Sporting Goods Employer Reviews

customer service
Lead Apparel Customer Representative (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 18, 2014
I have worked very well with others finding items and ordering them if we dont have something in stock. I always go the extra mile to please & greet any & every customer.
already did this
Retail Sales (Footwear) (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2014
Cons: lots
i already did this review and it is making me do it again. It was a really bad job and I am glad I did not get stuck with that company like a lot of people did.
Great work enviroment
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 16, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, fun enviroment
Cons: often understaffed
Great work environment, with great opportunity for advancement. Customer service is a must and is exceptional with every customer with Dicks Sporting Goods. I would have stayed with the company if I had not moved to another state.
learned many different computer programs
District Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDAugust 15, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: corporate office - big disconnect between corporate and stores
As soon as you open the office door phones are ringing.
All computer and phone work .
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great people and management
Cons: can get really hectic
I love working at Dicks, i love sports so i get to talk about it everyday. I love the customers and my co workers has become family to me. It gets really busy at times but as long as you know how to handle mean customers you'll be fine.
Loved the employees that i worked with.
Certified Fitness Trainer (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHAugust 14, 2014
Learned a lot about how to assist customers and manage my time.
Worked with familiar products
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAAugust 13, 2014
Lots of employees come and go so you don't interact with the same people often, also causing information flow between employees to be deterred.
Exciting and fast paced
Under Armour Scout (Current Employee), Lake Grove, NYAugust 13, 2014
The main focus is the customer and making sure they leave satisfied. We also have to set the floor or re-work it for new product that comes in. What this has taught me was how to be customer oriented and match product with the customers need. The team we have is excellent, very strong, and determined. The hardest part of the job is figuring out how – more... to get all the product onto the floor. But the best part is helping families or just customers find what they are looking for my matching their needs. – less
Work Life/ What Life?
Sales Support Manager (Current Employee), Tarentum, PAAugust 12, 2014
Managers are expected to work 50 hours/week while only being paid for a base salary of 40 hours. Those 50 hours turn into 60 hours during holidays with little to no appreciation during this time.
Not impressive
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 12, 2014
Management was inconsistent some were awesome others not so much, played favorites too much gossip due to a younger management staff. Also hire managers from outside of company so many have no concept of what actually goes on in the store.
Great "First Job" Opportunity
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), West Nyack, NYAugust 11, 2014
Pros: fun work environment, easy responsibilities
Cons: bleak advancement structure, poor full-time benefits package
Dick's Sporting Goods is an excellent retail employment opportunity for young adults looking to develop their professional customer skills, but it is not the best working experience for tenured retail workers looking to advance and make a living in a department store environment. With a high turnover rate and underdeveloped hiring model, employee retention – more... rates are low and you'll likely use Dick's as a launch pad for other career opportunities rather than as a home base for long-term employment.

Employee training, promotion structure, and operational programs are all very nebulous and poorly developed. However, day-to-day requirements are fun and easy, whether you're running a register or moving merchandise. Don't be too complacent, however, or else you'll spend too much time making too little money year after year, seeking reviews only once per year and suffering a poor full-time benefits structure which include one week's vacation after a year of service, no 401k matching incentive program, and zero paid personal/sick days. – less
i love Dick's!
Material Handler (Current Employee), Plainfield, INAugust 8, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great pay, good insurence
I've worked for the Plainfield DC for 5 yrs and I think its great! The job is secure, benefits are good and I'm grateful for my job.
I enjoyed working here
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDAugust 8, 2014
Pros: employee discounts on merchindise
Cons: got layed off
• Examined contents and compared with records to verify accuracy of incoming shipment
• Received and counted stock items twice a week
• Unpacked items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms
• Marked stock items using sensors daily
fast food
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Des Peres, MOAugust 7, 2014
I didn't like working here and the management was terrible. the company does not value its employees and even talk bad about them
Loved my coworkers
Fitness Sales Associate (Former Employee), Buford, GAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: not much room for advancement
I loved the people that I worked with. Although this company may receive some low reviews every now and again I truly appreciate that they were willing to work with my college class schedule. This is your average retail job but I learned a lot in the three years that I was there about management and how a business must operate in order to be successful. – more... I was at the mall of Georgia location and I saw a lot of people come and go but the atmosphere was wonderful for me. I got to meet and talk to people all day long. I may not have been compensated for going above and beyond what was required of me but I was never reprimanded for it. So I was able to use my creativity and knowledge to grow my understanding of business and competition. – less
working at dicks sporting goods.
Sales Advisor, Cashier (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 6, 2014
a great place to have your first job. management takes care of everyone.
DSG
Team Sports (Current Employee), Brockton MaAugust 6, 2014
I enjoy working at DSG, but to be honest, the management could be much better, and more professional. Having a manager that doesn't care if someone is stealing or not, or giving poor advice to a customer just to rush them out of the store is not good customer service, and it's quite embarrassing. I love the people I work with, they don't get as much – more... credit as they deserve. – less
Good part time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Keene, NHAugust 5, 2014
I work here part time a couple nights a week. They are flexible with my hours and willing to give or take hours away when needed. Fun work environment getting to work around athletics. They always have tasks for you to do so you will always stay busy. They give a lot of opportunity for movement throughout different sections of the store.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Oxford, ALAugust 5, 2014
Learn a lot about retail with proper training, learn the basics of a cash register and sales, great staff and great management
Great college sales job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, friendly employees, great experience.
Cons: work holidays, understaffed, poor management.
Gained amazing sales experience and customer service skills.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dick's Sporting Goods

See Dick's shoppers run, putt, dunk, drive, dribble -- and buy. Fast-growing Dick's Sporting Goods operates about 480 stores in 40-plus – Read more

Dick's Sporting Goods Photos