Dick's Sporting Goods

Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

Found 1,759 reviews matching the search
Team Oriented
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDFebruary 6, 2016
This job taught me both retail and finance related work skills. It is a team environment, which was both enjoyable and beneficial to my personal development in leadership and overall efficiency.
fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 4, 2016
fun place to work with great emphasis on customer service. Allowed for a great learning experience while working with a team of driven and hard working individuals.
poor management and unreliable hours
Lodge sales associate (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 4, 2016
the management was poorly staffed, also there were minimal hours available for both the size of the store and number of employees
Apparel Leader (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDFebruary 4, 2016
work there ok place general retail business no employees bad hours good merchandise glad to have them here sometimes don't have product that customers want need to go on line to order
Productive and fun workplace
Footwear associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2016
Fast paced job with friendly co-workers. everyone is willing to help at anytime it is needed. many new faces to meet everyday
Social and Fun Work Enviornment
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTFebruary 2, 2016
It was alot of fun, especially when we did fun activities before opening on Friday mornings. I learned alot more social skills from this job, it brought me out of my shell. Management was satisfactory. My coworkers for the most part were quite alright. The hardest part was dealing with the occasional rude customer(but that comes with the job). The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to really help someone out and try to accommodate everyone's needs.
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 1, 2016
Nice job for college students, they are willing to work with your class schedule. Management is very understanding of how important college is. The amount of hours you get sadly depends on how many people you get signed up for scorecards.
retail sporting equipment apparel.
LODGE SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJanuary 31, 2016
Ok place to work, compensation not worth the trouble or time. People don't stay long, company is a revolving door. If they spend more time investing in employees then company would probably grow. Minimal training on products, employees sound like they know what they are explaining but really not.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
Employee discount is worthless. still end up paying around same ammount for product
Productive and fun work place, super nice co-workers, everyone is a family.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 30, 2016
The pay is good, the co-workers as well as managers are kind and will help you. I love working there. This was my first job and i'm glad it was, there are many different departments and everyone is respectful and hard working. It's an efficient and successful work place
Pros
Breaks, nice team of workers, good pay, helpful employees, fun place to work
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 29, 2016
Fun place to work, great co-workers and easy going atmosphere. Enjoyed going to work everyday and helping customers. Plus great clothing!
I like sports
Team Sports Associate (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 29, 2016
I enjoyed working in a field that allowed me to discuss 1 of my passions on the regular. I enjoyed the customer interaction. My co-workers were more like friends who I happened to work with.
Pros
Sports, Customers, Co-workers.
Cons
lack of hours, lack of leadership, lack of control.
Fun place, management needs work
Club Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJanuary 29, 2016
It's fun, but there was a new manager ever couple months who would completely change store operations. Other than that the store was very fun.
my first job
Assist costumers over the phone and face (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJanuary 28, 2016
good hours flexible fun i worked with all friends. had good 15% discount. had to move stuff all the time and was very repetitive
Pros
good breaks
Cons
bad management
Good atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoyed working there but some of the managers are not very helpful and do not do their job correctly. Also if i would let them know well ahead of time i had prior engagements on a specific date they still put me on schedule.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Liberty Townshp, OHJanuary 27, 2016
Great place to work, with great co-workers. You go through a lot of training so you are well knowledged on everything they carry.
Fun coworkers, bad management
CSS (Former Employee) –  Burlington, IAJanuary 27, 2016
Management is only concerned with your scorecard being above 60% every hour
Coworkers are the best.
Discounts not big enough compared to pay and prices
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management only concerned about score card performance
Not very productive, Management impacted the workers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day of work involved a lot of customer service and restocking of aisles. The things that I learned while working at Dick's Sporting Goods was how to not run a business. My coworkers and I were not bad employees by any means, the plan from start to finish wasn't always the best. There were many times when I wasn't able to focus on customer service because of the workload that was left for me to do.
Pros
Meeting of new people
No complaints
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 25, 2016
It is a fairly easy job for those who like to keep busy. There is really no complaints about this company. I got the experience I needed in retail.
Productive and Great place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHJanuary 22, 2016
i loved working at dicks sporting goods in the recieving department but i wish it was a full time job and not seasonal. i also dont like that they pay you the minimum for retail. i worked great ours with overtime. management was good for the most part some things didnt make since because different managers tell you to do different things. great discounts and enviornment to work and make friends
Pros
discount of 25 percent on clothes 10 percent on big items
Cons
payroll is lousy
New Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 21, 2016
I learned a lot from all my coworkers. The environment is very energetic and communication is key. With the help of coworkers, no job is impossible.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
not enough hours