Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,881 reviews matching the search
Easy job, bad neighborhood
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 23, 2016
The area isn't the best, there are several thieves that come in on a daily basis. There needs to be a security guard in the store at all times but the company rather loose their product than give somebody a job.
Cons
A LOT OF THIEF, rude customers, ghetto area, depending on manager may stay late
Horrible managers.
Apparel Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXMay 22, 2016
The management here is HORRIBLE. All the managers are childish, will talk about you to other associates behind your back, are not nice when it comes to taking any time off, always have favorites, treats older employees with way more respect than the younger ones, expect you to come in every time they call you in, even if you have requested off, and do NOT follow the corporate rules that are set in place for a reason.
Cons
Short breaks, horrible management
Relaxed job
Front End (Current Employee) –  Cool Springs, TNMay 21, 2016
Typically at work I would clock in, greet my coworkers, head to my section, clean up as much as I could, greet the customers, preform my job duties, restock inventory, and do tasks given by the managers.
I learned better customer service, how to pick and ship inventory, organizational skills for inventory, and how to operate a pdt gun.
The management is laid back, but they typically don't work together very well. The system that they use to manage doesn't work very well. They will work with you on your hours and availability.
The workers, for the most part, don't care because of how the management and store is ran, but they will provide customer service. Off the floor, they are mostly all personable and nice.
The hardest part of the job was constantly keeping the metrics up, no matter how busy it got.
The most enjoyable part of the job was closing. You got to see another side of your coworkers and managers, so you could build better relationships with them.
Pros
occasional free lunch, flexable hours
Cons
low pay, mostly poor management
Friendly work environment
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 20, 2016
Employees help each other out when needed. Everyone helps with the phones. It can get pretty busy. In apparel, customers most of the time leave stuff in the fitting rooms. Customers also return things that we have to put back out. On days we have a truck we do our best to put everything out from the truck that day.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
can have bad customers
Enjoyable place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 18, 2016
Worked as a back up cashier, flowed freight and recovered store. Coworkers helped to make it an enjoyable place to work.
A great place to start
Customer Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 18, 2016
A great place to hone customer service skills and learn about business structure. I made many friends and was treated fairly. I was allowed to work in all departments in order to further my understanding of the business.
Pros
40% Discount
Cons
Never full-time due to healthcare reform
Great and fun environment
Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 17, 2016
Excellent place to work. Flexible working hours with fun coworkers, Management was great to work with.
A fun job. The chance for advancement was there,
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Fun place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTMay 17, 2016
Dicks Sporting Goods is a fun and good place to work Part time. The hours are there if you want them and Have a opportunity to cross train in different departments.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 17, 2016
good work atmosphere, positive sales team, excellent customer populous. fun work environment. good hours. pretty decent hourly pay
great
Sales Associate/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 16, 2016
loved my job! everything was awesome and fun. everyone was on board with expectations and very encouraging work environment. Selling footwear was fun and organizing was easy as well.
Pros
hour long breaks
Cons
nothing!
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTMay 16, 2016
I worked as a cashier. I handled money and talked with customers to make sure that they were happy with their experience at the store. I learned how to work with money and I gained communication skills. Management was relaxed for the most part.
Price and Signage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 15, 2016
Price and Signage Coordinator.

Conducted weekly departmental audits, and reported scores directly to store managers; combed through individual items in the store, assuring pricing and signage on each floor were correct.

Audits were on a pass or fail scoring system. If failed, the department must correct mistakes, and be prepared to pass the following weeks audit.
Pros
Acquired great knowledge of each brand and product in store
Cons
Audits took 7 hours to complete
All together
Apparel Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 15, 2016
Awesome, Good work environment. Its like working with a team. Plenty of room to move up in the company. Good working conditions. Lots of opportunity
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
pay
Basic retail company
Apparel Associate (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMay 14, 2016
It took me many months to learn basic procedures at this company. Management was never available, they were rarely their to help resolve any issues or conflicts of scheduling. If you needed to call out; you would be guilted and harrassed. They would force you to give an acceptable reason for not showing up to work.
There was no opportunity to learn or be taught new things; it took 8-years for the Apparel lead to be promoted to HR.

The customers and work environment is good; but the management structure and employees are the issue.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Management, No benefits, No flexibility.
A typical day at work.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 13, 2016
Good team to work for, always hours. Never get a day off if you're working with high school or college kids. Management needs to reward more of those employees that goes above and beyond.
Pros
Good team to work for.
Cons
School kids unreliable.
Good company, lots of growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 12, 2016
With the company continuing to expand and working on remodels the company was of great benefit in advancing within the store to climb positions and become more successful.
fun and productive place to work
Cashier/Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTMay 12, 2016
overall it is a very good place to work. I work as a cashier as well as occasionally in apparel. My co-workers are great, they are fun to be around and for the most part help make work enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is trying to get people to start scorecards and credit cards.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJMay 10, 2016
Dicks Sporting Goods was a fun job. I was a cashier and my daily tasks included performing cashier duties, asking people to sign for loyalty cards and credit cards. Other duties included recovering the front end and cleaning my workplace.
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place/tough to advance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVMay 9, 2016
Loved working there, and the people I worked with were all great. I was told I would be promoted multiple times but nothing ever happened.
fun but horrible management
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 9, 2016
Co-workers are great, the managing staff not so much. they also don't work with scheduling around school.The hardest part is getting up in the morning during the holidays.