1,492 reviews

Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

Easy Job, Young Management
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Portage, MIJune 16, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: to much negativity
I like the job a lot, wish I was still working there, but management seemed a little young in managing style they liked to pick more of the negatives then positives.
productive and great work place
Team Sport's Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: short breaks
fun part time job, management changed almost monthly and was hard to keep the job balance. Would recommend coming working here as a summer job or for students.
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJune 16, 2015
Great job to work at if you love sports and are knowledgeable about new products. Also, we often revived free food around holidays and working overnights.
Recovering store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 13, 2015
Recovery lasted all day. Even up to hours after the store was closed. Even on Sundays. Good discounts for athletes and great place for college students to work on breaks,
Good company
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Good environment, excellent products
Cons: Overstaffed, had to lay off employees due to economy
Worked as sales associate, but was promoted to cashier after three months. Received recognition for most sales per month during time I was sales associate. Good environment, good boss.
Was a great company to worked for.
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 11, 2015
Pros: Being informed of all the latest golf inventions.
Cons: Sometimes we we understaffed.
Fun place to work. Everyday was a different experience. Fitting golf club for players that never had the proper equipment.Made many customer for life..Won 2 outstanding customer/sales awards from company
Not a fun place to work
Lodge Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 11, 2015
Terrible management, not enough hours, rude team members, didn't make work fun, terrible CEO didn't speak to workers when they came in for store reviews, store mangers are terrible.
Productive and very fun place to work.
Processing Clerk (Current Employee), East Point, GAJune 10, 2015
Pros: benefits available after 60 days
Cons: 15 minutes before, nothing after clock in time or your late
There is room for growth and the benefit options are wonderful!! I enjoy having a 3 day weekend( when available). 2 nd shift works 4 10 and anything after that is overtime (awesome). The company feeds employees on mandatory fridays. oh yeah!! The company is paying for all employess to attend the company picnic at Six Flags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Good Benefits, Good Pay
SR. SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 10, 2015
Work hard and play hard. Great team environment and collaboration among groups growth is perfect. Would recommend to friends and family
Love working with the customers
Cashier (Former Employee), akron, ohJune 10, 2015
Love meeting new people everyday and hearing their stories about what their shopping for and what made them stop by the store that day.
· Worked cash register
· Helped with customer service
· Issued Hunting/fishing license
ok
Customer Care (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJune 9, 2015
they did not give many hours but they treate dtheir employees pretty well i have no complaints. they gave you the time you needed off when asked, and they were also willing to work with you.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wilson, OHJune 9, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
work was fun the co-workers was nice great customers management was good my day was never hard I enjoyed helping my customers
workplace was welcoming every day
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Avon, CTJune 9, 2015
loved working for this company. management was very patient and willing to work with my schedule. co workers enjoyed working there and people would take extra hours and shifts in a heartbeat. great place to work
Good job
Holiday Sales Representative (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJune 8, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: only seasonal
Dicks sporting goods was a good seasonal job to learn about different company's and the way they operate. It helped me learn about scanning and coding as well as other different positions.
Fun Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYJune 7, 2015
Pros: Fun times
You wouldn't think that a sporting goods store would be so fun to work at. A typical day would be opening the store, counting your drawer, going to your register, and making sure everything is clean and tidy, the doors open and we wait. I learned everything at Dicks to building shelves to folding properly, putting in security buttons, stocking, dusting the right way and more. The management was extremely nice and are constantly saying hello and asking you if you need anything. The co workers are nice and i never had a problem with any of them. The hardest part of the job is making sure everything is picked up and tidy and organized. the most enjoyable part was learning new things everyday.
A very upbeat job with not enough freedom.
Footwear Associate (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MdJune 7, 2015
Management works with you when they want too.
Co workers are lazy.
Closing the store is a problem because everyone is not on the same page.
Good work environment, fast paced.
Lodge Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJune 5, 2015
Enjoyed working in the Lodge department, we got to learn about guns, archery equipment, and manufacturers. It was a good experience and decent hours, management was easy-going and easy to get along with.
Not enough hours
Sales/Apparel (Current Employee), alabaster,alJune 5, 2015
Could be a very fun and loving environment but the time to work is very limited. Co-workers are very patient and helpful but things can be a lot better.
Very flexible while in school.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2015
Pros: Discounts.
Cons: None.
While I attended school, Dicks was able to accommodate for my school schedule and work me when I could. When I needed days off, Dicks didn't have a problem giving me those days off. The atomsphere is always great.
great environment/ great management
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2015
Pros: great environment/ great management
Cons: on your feet all day
Cashier: Responsible for handling money, completing transaction, answering questions and assisting customers, and maintaining a clean work area with a neat appearance.
Stocker: Responsible for receiving trucks, and putting merchandise away in their designated locations.

About Dick's Sporting Goods

About Dick's Sporting Goods See Dick's shoppers run, putt, dunk, drive, dribble -- and buy. Fast-growing Dick's Sporting Goods – Read more

Dick's Sporting Goods Salaries