Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

Productive and Relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 8, 2018
A typical day at DICK's was very average, relaxed, and fun. Sometimes it gets hectic when its a rush of customers, but that's the fun part actually. It was all love with coworkers. I enjoyed my time at DICK's and I'll recommend anyone to work at DICK's.
Fun Staff
Footwear associate (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJanuary 8, 2018
Staff is friendly and helpful. Flexible schedules. Always something to do. Sporty Enviornment. Uplifting, customers are great. A lot of freedom and breahtablility
Stressful environment
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Like a most retail jobs, you are left on your own to be a leader. Skills are not taught and its all trial by fire. No real active leadership at that location.
Pros
Cons
lack of leadership
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC 29407January 8, 2018
Dick's is a very nice place to work if you have a good store manger. If you have a ad store manager it is not nearly as nice a place to work. quick paced and always something to do.
Not worth your time
Footwear Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2018
The pay and hours at Dick's sporting Good is not worth the time nor the money that they offer to work for this company. Great coworkers that I work with but other than that not something to grow or advance in.
Nice place to work. Meet great people. Good managers , some just need some direction. I will never regret working for them. A great company.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2018
A great company. Sometimes it’s time to open a new chapter in life. See what else is out there. I have met the most wonderful people, and had the greatest experiences. No Ill feelings about Dicks Sporting Goods at all.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long hours.
Average retail job
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 6, 2018
For the sports interested, customers ask a lot of questions but easy to adapt. Goals can become stressful but easy work environment. Will be trained in multiple departments.
great job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLJanuary 5, 2018
the environment is relaxed and fast which is perfect for a person like me. The people that come into the store are very interactive and love to have long conversation on sports.
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table, fitness gym and basketball goals
Conveyanle/ gun cage (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2018
Great fun place to work you are trained and given all tools needed to complete whatever task you’re given and there is always a lead somewhere if u need help with anything.
fast paced job
Sales associate assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Highland, INJanuary 5, 2018
Overall dick's was a typical retail job. I front/faced product and did a lot of ringing at the register. The overall company environment wasn't bad. Got pretty decent discounts on the over priced product.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no benefits
Shifting Management Decisions Resulting in Poor Environment
Footwear Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 5, 2018
Initially working at Dick's Sporting Goods I was attending school and was assured a flexible schedule to attend classes and study for exams. I was also happy with the atmosphere, as the employees appeared upbeat and ready to help. After working at Dick's for about a year, management decisions started shifting, and a competitive aspect became clear within middle management - all of which resulted in a stressful environment which also started encouraging pushing sales which did not always make sense for the customer. Work hours also became unpredictable, with 40 hours/week or more suddenly becoming requested after several weeks of only working 8 or less hours/week. Pay was also very set at minimum (or very near) wage with better performance resulting in "gold stars" as opposed to higher wages.
Good part time job
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 4, 2018
A good place to work part time to make some extra money. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the people I worked with. Management was nice and the hours were decent.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 4, 2018
Feels you're focusing on the manger's duties delegated to you while sacrificing your own duties in your department then being thrown under the bus when your area is audited.
Fun workplace
Lodge Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 4, 2018
I worked in the Lodge department. I enjoyed the department lead and all of the managers. I learned how to conduct a federal background check. The most enjoyable part was talking to customers about hunting or shooting.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Overall Great
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2018
I enjoy the company and the people that work with. It was challenging opening the district, but would not change it for the world. Fast pace and ever evolving.
Sadness and capitulation to defeat
Lodge Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Short Pump, VAJanuary 3, 2018
Retail with little caring, customers are fleeced as much as possible while being on hold for long periods of time. Sadly the credit card sales are more important than the actual customer!
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
pay, management, advanctment, duties
Good
Footwear Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, OHJanuary 3, 2018
Good place to work. If no customers are in your area you work on organizing the area. Everything is very relaxed, but can get very busy depending on the time of year.
Bad Leadership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Bad leadership and employees were not given the alloted break times. Also poor use of supplies and utilities at the location. Company standards are held to a very liberal view and is a joke for a sporting goods store.
Good
Customer Service Specialists (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILJanuary 3, 2018
I worked seasonally while I was home from college and enjoyed working there during breaks. Management was good. Enjoyed the people I worked with and enjoyed the retail work.
Pros
Long shifts
Cons
tough customers
Fast paced, fun loving Environment
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJanuary 2, 2018
Dick’s is a very fast paced environment when it comes to helping customers as well as doing large merchandising moves. Management is very flexible with every associate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dick's Sporting Goods. Our community is ready to answer.