Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

Found 2,559 reviews matching the search
Company has opportunities for improvement
Pricing and Signing Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 27, 2017
Management and corporate are not really in tune with grasping talent and using it, instead the more you know the more they do not want you involved. Promotions operate on the 'good-ol-boy' system and age/gender. If you have worked for the K-Mart or Sears Corporations you pretty much have a shoe in.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the product that are sold especially if you love the outdoors, however their preference in departments such as camping and fishing is to stereotype and only employ males and tend to drive the females to apparel or the registers.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Management work ethics
Fun atmosphere
Ship from Store Lead (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 26, 2017
Management is very flexible with everyone's schedules outside of work. Employee's have fun while diligently working. The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset customers but we do everything we can to make sure we make them satisfied with our company by the time they walk out of the doors.
Fun but a few drawbacks
Lodge Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCFebruary 25, 2017
I had a great time working there with my fellow co-workers and my boss. The one drawback is that my boss's boss strung me along for two weeks promising my work when in reality he had already cut me from the payroll and did not want to tell me. It culminated when I had to find out through one of the other managers what the issue was. He showed me that I had been cut approximately two weeks, and I had at the time of being there swapped shifts with a current employee. It resulted in no one covering our department for 6 hours. Poor upper management, but the department managers are on point and easy to get along with.
Very professional atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 25, 2017
Typical day would include about 5 to 7 hour shifts either in the morning or evening. While here I have improve my communication organization and team building skills. The workplace culture is very family like although we may all now get alone at tines we still are professional. The hardest thing about my job dealing with disgruntled customers other than that everything is fine the most enjoyable part about my job really getting that satisfaction from helping the customer out.
Pros
Discounts, Mangers are very east to talk to
Cons
Disgruntled customers
Not so good work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 24, 2017
When I worked we had horrible management and we were understaffed. I was one of few apparel employees. They were really strict on recovering the store. I would say only take this job if you need a lot of hours. It is hard to get people to work for you because no one wants to come in. Also they really push the score card onto customers and constantly remind you about it. Really annoying! Also really lame discount and you can't even use it on clearance. Most of the time clearance discount is a better deal.
Pros
meet new people, good environment
Cons
management, understaffed, discount
experience at dicks sporting goods
Footwear Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYFebruary 24, 2017
I have been at dicks for almost 2 years as a footwear associate and I am grateful I have gotten the opportunity to work my there as my first job for 2 years. I learned so much such as everything that has to do with working retail like costumer service, getting familiar with product and learning to work with others. the management has been nothing but spectacular being able to work with them. they work their hardest to keep the place immaculate. there Is so many little things besides having to help costumers and such. in my opinion getting paid minimum wage at dicks was unfair due to the amount of work having to put in.
Pros
great people
Cons
hard work, low pay
Team Sports Sales Associate/Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 23, 2017
The job requires non-stop work. You'll be constantly moving for the duration of your shift, and will often help in other departments. But the management is exceptional and flexible with the work schedule of a student
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Non-stop movement
My Responsibilities
Lodge Associate (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 23, 2017
I work in Lodge. The most enjoyable part of the job is the rest of the staff. My responsibilities are stocking fishing/hunting and selling guns. The hardest part of the job is making sure all the paperwork is done correctly. I enjoy working with them. Management is okay, and the pay is okay for a part time job.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Great environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CO 80226February 23, 2017
Fun place to work if you love sports and the outdoors. I worked with an awesome team. Great team work, the environment in general is just awesome.
Pros
discounts on work out attire
Cons
a lot of theft
Customer Service Associate
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 23, 2017
Worked as a team to provide excellent customer service and golf knowledge to the consumers. Full of learning experiences and a great workplace culture
Dick's Sporting Goods
Bicycle Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 23, 2017
This was just a seasonal job for me, but I really do think highly of the company, just recently purchased a pair of running shoes from a Dick's Sporting Goods, and I'm always impressed with the store regardless of which location it happens to be, this is one of things I find impressive about the franchise, and currently residing in Tucson, I would say that the stores in Arizona appear to be one, highly presentable, and two, I assume, must be well managed, but there again, this doesn't surprise considering my background knowledge working at a Dick's Sporting Good's, I am thankful for the opportunity I had.
Good for part time Job
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 23, 2017
Working at Dick's was a pretty ideal part time job while in college. the hours were flexible and it is not a high stress job while still teaching valuable customer service lessons.
Great place
Bike Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2017
The workers are friendly and the work environment is easy-going. It's a good place to work for high-school and college students
Review Summary
APPAREL LEAD, KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VT, Williston, VTFebruary 22, 2017
Everyday was different, some times there was freight, other days I had to do set moves.
I had to make sure people were on task.
fun place to work
Footwear Running Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 21, 2017
great place to work and always have something to do with game plans or working out product to sell to the customers. I enjoyed every second of it.
Dick's Sporting Goods
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 21, 2017
Working here was alright, nothing special. The cashier's job is taken too intense. The managers aren't very helpful, there are a lot of things to learn with the coupons but you aren't really taught so you get yelled at when things are done right.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Specialist (CSS) (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 21, 2017
My fellow employees are great to work with, my managers are very understanding and easy going. The store alone is amazing. All around it is just a great atmosphere.
The store is an overall fun and laid back place to work.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNFebruary 20, 2017
The store is a fast paced environment at times but when committed, it is so rewarding. Having a well rounded knowledge about the products that are available in store is a key factor to being a good employee.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Sometimes management can be well..
Fast paced, challenging, rewarding
Team Sports Lead (Current Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Everyday is something new, you have to stay on your toes. You must be able to multi- multi task. Good benefits when you reach management levels. The people are great.
It was a good summer job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 19, 2017
Honestly don't remember too much about it. It was a summer job for me and it paid fairly well for retail. I did work in a mall in an upper-class city that had a lot of entitled people so that made it more difficult than the job otherwise would've been. Don't have a lot of good or bad things to say.
Pros
Paid well-ish, breaks
Cons
It's retail

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dick's Sporting Goods. Our community is ready to answer.