Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,849 reviews matching the search
Experience-DSG
Freight/Flow Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMarch 6, 2016
Easy to advance quickly, some terrible managers. Slow to respond on corporate end. Full-Time Hourly benefits after a year, not good.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management, Corporate Managers, Lack of Recognition
Fun Fast paced Enviroment
Customer Service Specialist/ Footwear Associate (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAMarch 6, 2016
Great company to grow with. High Energy and Fun people to work with. Management team really works with you to help train and develop.
Great "First-Time" Customer Service Job
Sales Retail - Shoe Technician (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 5, 2016
A typical day is pretty relaxed if you work smarter, not harder. You learn a lot about other people, most customers.The management stays on top of things and is usually understandable. The hardest part of the job is to not spend all day sharing your passion for the same sport the customer has. The most enjoyable part of my job is the ports environment you're surrounded by.
Fun enviroment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHMarch 4, 2016
This has been my favorite job I've ever had. Customers were always in a good mood when they enter because the environment of the store was a welcoming environment.
Pros
Nice enviroment, friendly coworkers, great management.
Cons
healthcare coverage, short hours.
Fun place to work.
Club Tech (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 28, 2016
Work as a golf pro and club tech. The company decided to terminate all golf pros and tech. My manager and I are still good friends and he taught me a lot. I was sad to leave it was a fun place and had many things going for it.
Great Entry level job
Price and Signage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
All you get is minimum wage. Very hard for advancement. Great fir college kids during breaks or working part time while taking classes. Discount could be better.
You Always have to be ready to work with customers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OH 44720February 25, 2016
Everyday you were helping people find things in the store, running to get sizes they needed, or helping them put outfits together. This job was a job that never got old as long as you kept yourself busy.
Placeholder Job with Little Reward
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 24, 2016
People either get stuck here or they leave when they get a whiff of the extreme workload that's asked from the managers. Personally, I handled the online orders from the website (Ship from Store method) for the majority of my employment and I don't think there's a person alive in the company who understands the workload that they're asking when the holidays come around. I was never offered a raise from starting at seasonal pay (8/hr) and I had to ask repeatedly to get up to 10/hr, even though I've demonstrated the ability to lead and I've been with the company for over a year. The benefits are nice and you can make some friends, but their hiring process ends up bringing in people that don't respect the responsibility that comes with the territory most of the time. Finally, you'll get tired of hearing about overall satisfaction and issues like speed of checkout at every single morning huddle, but nothing has been introduced by higher-ups to really combat that.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 21, 2016
Great people to work for. They would always make it there duty to make sure we were taken care of . The people was always loving and caring.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Played with children all day
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAFebruary 20, 2016
I enjoyed watching and handling children all day. I do it at home so it wasn't hard for me to do it and get paid. I've been a member of the YMCA since I was 12 so it was a great experience being behind on the front end running the show.
Pros
Played with kids all day
Cons
Short breaks if any
selling sportd equipment that i love to do
team member (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIFebruary 20, 2016
selling sports equipment plus treadmills love dealing with customers. the hardest part of the job is standing around after you literally clean your area and waiting on customers. what i learned from my management is to always smile
Pros
dealing with customers
Cons
short breaks
Made for students
Golf Technician and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 20, 2016
The work-life balance is pretty standard for retail, but this type of work seems only suitable for students and retirees. The idea of working towards management after earning a degree is laughable when the end result is a below average management salary and ridiculous hours.
Pros
Working with sports equipment that others don't have access to
Cons
Anything you can think of
Productive work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 20, 2016
Working at Dicks you interact with many customers and with other employees. The atmosphere is not stressful except for holiday seasons.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
short breaks
Easy workplace
Footwear Specialist (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 19, 2016
Real easy workplace, very fun and friendly team of co-workers. Can get boring at times when it is real slow but can also be fast pace when it gets busy. Real easy to manage between classes and work. Flexible schedule. But low pay.
Great place to work, but has its negatives.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 18, 2016
I worked there for roughly three months and that was long enough to realize there's no job security there. I helped open a new store back in October of 2015 as a regular part-time cashier associate, not as a manager or lead. When we were working on putting the store together, I was getting close to full time hours. Given, they did need all hands on deck to open the store. Once the store opened I was still receiving an average of 30 hours per week... Decent money for a young man. Then slowly as we were squeezing through the holiday season, my hours, and others' hours, were gradually getting lower and lower. By the time of my last day there on February 2, 2016, I was only receiving an average of 4 hours per week, and I wasn't the only one, and my availability was wide open. The thing is, THEY KEPT HIRING MORE CASHIERS AND BUSINESS WAS DOWN. If they couldn't afford to keep the employees they have, then why would they keep hiring? You would think that they would let a few employees go if business was down rather than keep hiring more on? Great management to work for, DSG corporate is a great corporation, but there's no security there. They promised me that my hours would improve before February but they just got worse. I talked to my scheduling manager about it multiple times and he kept saying "We'll see what we can do" which, I guess was nothing.
Productive and fun workplace depending on the job that you work. You definitely stay busy during the truck days. Tons of freight to unload & put out.
Freight Flow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoyed working here as my first job. It was a good paying job and hard work. I unloaded trucks early in the mornings twice, sometimes three times a week. We unloaded heavy workout equipment and gun safes and other freight so it was a nice workout at times. Great job!
Fun workplace. Part-time work.
Golf Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 17, 2016
Golf sales associated responsible for greeting customers and helping them with their golf needs. Performed store merchandising
and set floor plans for upcoming sales promotion.
Very high turn over due to horrible management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 17, 2016
Store manager is EXTREMELY unprofessional. If you are looking for respect and professional treatment from management, this is NOT the place to be. Pay is bad too. Very cheap company, does not take care of their employees. HR is a joke.
Pros
Cons
Employees treated like dogs and spoken to with so much disrespect
Great place to work at.
Footwear Associate (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAFebruary 16, 2016
Easy going job, not too stressful. Perfect place for athletes of all kinds. Co-workers keep the mood fun and on holidays the company buy foods for employees. Who doesn't love a free lunch!?
Fun and Good Place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Friendly environment, everyones very nice and productive, flexible hours and great managers, great life balance, great job security