Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews

Started off Great....
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2017
When i started at Dick's it was an awesome place to work at and i made many friends there. However, management sucked and over worked anyone they could. When i started there, they promised advancement but while working there i didn't not see one person get promoted higher than Lead. Being a lead myself and also going to school was very stressful all along with them calling me every time someone called in for a shift. Because our store was the "training" store, my two years working there, we went through four different store managers and countless supervisors. The best part of working there was the cool people you got to work with, customers not so much.
if you like sports def the place to be
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHDecember 28, 2017
My over all review was ok. I started before they opened so I helped to set up the store and then left right around the holiday time. I met some great people there and some not so great.
Cons
had to solicite credit cards and score cards
the job is a pretty fun job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GADecember 28, 2017
systems that they use are very simple and some times a bit complicated to the efficiency of customers needs, however every system has its draw backs. as an overall experience i would give them four stars and would recommend others to work there
Typcial Day
National Team Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 28, 2017
Dicks campus is very nice and comes with great ammentities. You are able to take advantage of an on site Starbucks, Dry Cleaner, full service restaurant to entertain customers, and a great work out facility.
Pros
Starbucks on site
Cons
Campus is isolated so not much near to walk to for lunch options
Productive and Exhausting
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CADecember 27, 2017
Dicks Sporting Goods has been my second home for nearly the last three years. Although I do enjoy my coworkers, I am tired of working in retail. My job is fun but having to deal with a lot of ungrateful people over the last couple of months has been exhausting. I joined the company to talk about my passion for sports as well as selling the best product I could for any type of sport. In the past couple of months, I've noticed that people are really grateful around this time of the year, so that is a great perk of working in retail. However, in a couple of different situations I have occasionally received a bit of grief from a couple of customers where I had to get a manager on duty to help understand. Being in retail made me realize that it's a great job for kids in college who need to make some "pocket money".
Dicks Sporting Goods :
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 27, 2017
I really enjoy working at my Dicks Sporting Goods location. We have a great staff along with a great management team. Everyone works together on projects, it doesn't depend on their position. It's a great work environment.
Fun work envirnment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2017
ability to move up within company, great job during college
MUST be able to work quickly handle customers issues in a kind manner keep metrics high and gain knowledge of what store offers
Good but could be better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 27, 2017
I worked at the Dicks in Midtown which was ok for the most part until we kept getting robbed. So they went to cut our hours to compensate for the loss. So instead of receiving 20 to 30 hours, we were barely reaching 20. Which could have been avoided if we had the security that the other stores had. But it was never put in place the store was robbed every day.
Pros
Discounts
non communicating
Footwear Lead (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXDecember 27, 2017
needs better closing staff, more management at night and deligating task during day to take pressure off closing shift. better pay needed for the tasks given during day.
Cons
differ management styles clash
Nice customer service job to start
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 26, 2017
Worked here part time while I was in community college, they are usually flexible with what hours you ask for. Like most places the people who are higher up in charge aren't quite fond of the requests and flexibility you tend to seek.

Want to know more about Dick's Sporting Goods?

Ask a question
Pay Rate
Footwear Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 25, 2017
The pay rate is offensive, I had experience and was under paid. Hours weren't what I wanted to receive. Management was pretty okay, I did enjoy working with my co-workers.
Adapt to a team atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 25, 2017
I was the type to always try and find a come up and hustle hard all on my own. When i started at Dicks Sporting Goods ive learned that a team can help you in many ways. Ive learned and developed my potential because of the people
Pros
Everthing
Lodge
Lodge Sales Associate/ Team Sports (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CADecember 24, 2017
Clock in and u make sure th t no customer is left without help, make sure all items are price, if it low on shelves go to the back and see if u have the merchandise
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Alot of kids because were in the mall
Great Place To Work
Associate Buyer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 23, 2017
Great place to work and had a good time working there. Managers were great and work-life balance was a focus. Would recommend to anyone looking to work in Pittsburgh.
na
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 23, 2017
I was the go to organizer i put every thing away in to the right box i learned where things went. i helped open the CO mills mall. i was there and i left
Is a fun but stressful environment
Apparel Associate (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CADecember 22, 2017
Its a fun environment to work in. I have great regular customers. A majority of colleagues that I love and adore, however favoritism reeks its ugly head from time to time. The young employees can whine their way into making drama happen the workplace. Makes it hard for me who is in her 30's not to rip them to pieces. Sometimes my experience can overpower their egos.
Pros
free donuts, humor
Cons
Inconsistent hours, lack of work advancement
Fun associates, but pay was to small for the amount of work
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 22, 2017
Associates were fun, I made a lot of friends there. But the management as a whole was nothing special. Don't pay deserving associates well. New associates make more than old and old associates have to train the higher paid new associates. Just not a very fair work place
It was okay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 21, 2017
This position was just for me to earn a couple extra dollars as I substitute taught and coached football. After I was done with the season, I decided to move on to Best Buy.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Slow paced
Great People
Apparel Sales (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 21, 2017
When working at Dick's I worked during the holiday season, so it stayed fairly busy. We always had something to work on, which was great for me. I met some fantastic people while working there and they made it hard to leave.
Dicks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CADecember 21, 2017
I worked at Dicks Sporting goods as a seasonal worker. It was a pretty slow paced job. It would be a good first step into retail for anyone looking. The management team is pretty laid back, easier to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dick's Sporting Goods. Our community is ready to answer.