Dick's Sporting Goods Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,849 reviews matching the search
Fun customer service environment surrounding sports and the outdoors
Sales Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 15, 2016
I would say the hardest part of working at Dicks Sporting Goods is payroll restraints at certain time of the year. This makes it difficult to balance training and expectations set forth by the company. Although I think this was a hard part it is expected when you are a retail manager. If your positive and have a good outlook on a day to day basis you can accomplish anything.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Micro managing from District managers
Positive work environment and good communication throughout the store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Positive work environment and good communication throughout the various departments/positions allows Dick's to be one of the top sporting goods stores.
Easy and Laid Back Setting, Hard to Work with Managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2016
I enjoyed working in the store until I got transferred to the one in Orlando and quickly became displeased with how differently things were. My manager and I didnt get along and he made it very difficult to be there. Everything form micromanaging to making me look like a fool and changing my schedule last second without my knowledge, I just resigned to focus on my school.
Cons
Managers
Sometimes fun and sometimes not worth the effort
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 9, 2016
The daily grind includes fun team activities and worthwhile business relationships with repeat customers, but also unrealistic expectations from corporate. It's nice to learn so many different aspects of how a large business operates. At times, management can be extremely supportive and at others it's almost the enemy. Unreliable college students not caring to be dependable causes high turnover, so it's like other retail stores - not necessarily the place for people with strong work ethics unless you're willing to carry way more than your own work load.
Pros
Working in different departments within the store
Cons
Extremely unrealistic expectations of deadlines, time frames, how much one person can handle
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Great company, flexible hours, great work / life balance.
perfect position for mom of school age kids. never same thing occurs on daily basis.
Cons
lots of mgmt changes
Hard working environment that continues to challenge individuals
Assistant Buyer - Youth Athletic Footwear (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 8, 2016
Dick's Sporting Goods is a great corporation to work for, however movement within the company is specifically based on need, luck and availability. I unfortunately want to grow my Career in Miami, New York City, or LA. These are cities in which I could use my international background, skill set and fluency in Spanish to the best of my ability.
Team Oriented
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDFebruary 6, 2016
This job taught me both retail and finance related work skills. It is a team environment, which was both enjoyable and beneficial to my personal development in leadership and overall efficiency.
fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 4, 2016
fun place to work with great emphasis on customer service. Allowed for a great learning experience while working with a team of driven and hard working individuals.
poor management and unreliable hours
Lodge sales associate (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 4, 2016
the management was poorly staffed, also there were minimal hours available for both the size of the store and number of employees
Apparel Leader (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDFebruary 4, 2016
work there ok place general retail business no employees bad hours good merchandise glad to have them here sometimes don't have product that customers want need to go on line to order
Great Knowledge
Footwear Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 4, 2016
I have a love for sneakers that shows in my sneaker collection. Here is where I learned that there was more to a shoe than what I knew. I picked the brains and pushed everyone and made it a tad bit competitive but in a fun way. I will always love this particular in Harbison because I learned so much from the employees and management. I left because it was time for me to move up into a leadership role so I had to leave the nest but I would hope to come back to the store as management one day. Great place to shop and work. We sold an experience not product, something Academy Sports still haven't learned!
A good work envirionment
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJFebruary 3, 2016
I like working here at dicks but i just want to move up and there are no opening right now. I am a sales leader in the hunting and fishing department. My coworkers and management are friendly and everyone gets along which makes in a nice work place. A typical day here would be assisting and greeting every customer. Also putting tackle out on to the floor, organizing tackle, selling guns, spooling reels, and grabbing returns. Sometimes your by yourself and have to juggle it all but there are other departments that will come over and help out as much as they can. The most enjoyable part of the job is selling the product that i use and talking with customers. All in all Dicks is a good place to work at if you want to get some experience in customer service.
Pros
A nice work environment
Cons
Pay
Productive and fun workplace
Footwear associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2016
Fast paced job with friendly co-workers. everyone is willing to help at anytime it is needed. many new faces to meet everyday
Social and Fun Work Enviornment
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTFebruary 2, 2016
It was alot of fun, especially when we did fun activities before opening on Friday mornings. I learned alot more social skills from this job, it brought me out of my shell. Management was satisfactory. My coworkers for the most part were quite alright. The hardest part was dealing with the occasional rude customer(but that comes with the job). The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to really help someone out and try to accommodate everyone's needs.
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 1, 2016
Nice job for college students, they are willing to work with your class schedule. Management is very understanding of how important college is. The amount of hours you get sadly depends on how many people you get signed up for scorecards.
Enjoyable place to work with friendly co-workers
Team Sports Associate/Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 1, 2016
Working at Dick's Sporting Goods is pretty enjoyable. The management there is very nice and understanding and as long as you work well, will hold you in high regard. They always appreciate work that their employees put in and will recognize it as well. Since it is such a big store, the hardest part for me is recognizing that I can not answer every question and do every task. Luckily the co-workers there are very team oriented and are always more than willing to help out one another in anyway.
Flexible hours, and friendly work enviornment
Apparel Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJanuary 31, 2016
I work at Dicks while I'm in school, along with playing college soccer. Even though I had busy schedule, Dick's is willing to work around it, and provide me with the hours that I need.
retail sporting equipment apparel.
LODGE SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJanuary 31, 2016
Ok place to work, compensation not worth the trouble or time. People don't stay long, company is a revolving door. If they spend more time investing in employees then company would probably grow. Minimal training on products, employees sound like they know what they are explaining but really not.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
Employee discount is worthless. still end up paying around same ammount for product
Productive and fun work place, super nice co-workers, everyone is a family.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 30, 2016
The pay is good, the co-workers as well as managers are kind and will help you. I love working there. This was my first job and i'm glad it was, there are many different departments and everyone is respectful and hard working. It's an efficient and successful work place
Pros
Breaks, nice team of workers, good pay, helpful employees, fun place to work
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 29, 2016
Fun place to work, great co-workers and easy going atmosphere. Enjoyed going to work everyday and helping customers. Plus great clothing!