Dickinson College Employee Reviews

Good experience
Orientation Assistant (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: networking
Cons: no pay
There was a lot of training involved. My direct superior was very nice. I met a lot of new students and had a good time. My co workers were very invested.
Enjoyable experience
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJuly 11, 2015
Employed under a work study program while I attended school there and it was a nice form of extra income. The atmosphere and lifestyle is light and fun with easy people/coworkers to get along with.
Short term place to work.
Maintenance Facilitator (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJanuary 30, 2015
There is no future working for this college. The managers were alright, but i didn't learn anything from them. The hardest part of the day was keeping going when things were slow.
Great Community & Campus
International / Transfer Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee), Carlisle, PAJanuary 9, 2015
Friendly accepting, adaptable culture
Numerous wellness and education opportunities available
Allows for a good home / work balance
Very understanding of family / medical needs
Good location
Beautiful campus within walking distance of downtown Carlisle
Sustainability is extremely important to the campus as a whole, vegetables are even planted around campus for staff and students to pick at their will.
Easy and Convenient
Lab Monitor (Current Employee), Carlisle, PADecember 10, 2014
I needed to study while working here, so hours needed to fit into my schedule well. They were good with accommodating my needs.
Very laid back atmosphere and generally good people to work with
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Carlisle, PASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: laid back atmosphere, good food, good benefits
Cons: management often created tense work environment
Dickinson College as a whole is a great place to work. The benefits are great and the coworkers are generally a pleasure to work for. The workload was not overly demanding but it was demanding enough to keep you interested and eager to do the best you could. As for the library management, things could get a little tense. Most requests to try new things or be more involved in different areas of the library were largely ignored if it wasn't the manager's idea.
Fun workplace where people actually care about your development and future.
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: you get to work on your own time
Cons: it can be a bit overwhelming if you do not have good organization skills.
As a student worker I learned something new everyday. I found out very quickly that I was a people person and that I can connect with students during their toughest moments. I always appreciated how my supervisor was always so patient with me and was interested in my well being. Since I was a student at the time the hardest part was trying to balance school work, clubs, organizations and my job. However, even on my worst days I never dreaded working here. Yes I did complain some times but no day was the same and everyday was an opportunity to gain a new skill.
Great College
Student Researcher (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAMay 8, 2014
Excellent Education. Dedicated faculty, small class sizes make learning fun, challenging and enjoyable.
Supportive
Admissions Student Interviewer (Current Employee), Carlisle, PAMarch 14, 2014
Dickinson has helped shape my passion for Human Resources.
A good way to try out tutoring
Academic Advising Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJanuary 15, 2014
-Tutored Spanish for students in 101 to 230 level classes.
- Flexible schedule
- Learned how to accommodate each students learning needs.
A great part time job for a college student
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee), Carlisle, PADecember 26, 2013
Pros: free snacks
Cons: short breaks, gets boring
Calling for Phonathon is a wonderful way to engage in the Dickinson community. We get to speak with alumni that share wonderful advice and stories of the college. It also teaches great communication skills in general, and how to properly hold a conversation someone.
Work-Life Balance = A+
STUDENT DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Carlisle PAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: resources available to employees (fitness center, events, etc)
Wonderful colleagues; health and wellness is emphasized and opportunities abound; very few complaints about my experience.
Assist full time employees as instructed
Grounds Crew (Current Employee), Carlisle, PAJuly 10, 2013
As a part time employee in the summer, my main job is to assist the full time employees in projects they need help with.
Great environment to Grow
Researcher (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJune 7, 2013
They give you a task to do and basic guidelines. Overall it is up to you to figure out how to do and to produce respectable work. It gave a challenging environment and loved every second of it.
Great institution, but campus life seems too obsessed with theory to listen to student's actual needs
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAMay 29, 2013
The position was fantastic experience and it did all that the description was billed to. I was able to act as a peer mentor and role model for my fellow students while gaining all sorts of experience in event planning and community building. It seemed that the campus life full-time staff was a bit too obsessed with making changes based on theory for the sake of making changes, rather than effectively assessing what the needs of the student body were and reacting appropriately to them.
Great Student Work Experience
Research Intern (Former Employee), Carlisle, PennsylvaniaMay 28, 2013
Pros: schedule, boss, compensation
It was great working for Dickinson College. My advising professor was actively involved and flexible. She allowed for the interns to control their own schedule and research, while demonstrating great interest in the students work. As research interns we were challenged mentally by her on a daily basis driving our further academic development.
Extremely rewarding student-work experience
Library/Information Science Supervisor (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAMay 21, 2013
Pros: amazing coworkers, flexible hours
I provided IT support to students and faculty, serving to set up and manage internet access, network access, and cross-network communication. I also provided basic hardware support.