Dickinson College

Dickinson College Employer Reviews

Supportive
Admissions Student Interviewer (Current Employee), Carlisle, PAMarch 14, 2014
Dickinson has helped shape my passion for Human Resources.
A good way to try out tutoring
Academic Advising Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJanuary 15, 2014
-Tutored Spanish for students in 101 to 230 level classes.
- Flexible schedule
- Learned how to accommodate each students learning needs.
A great part time job for a college student
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee), Carlisle, PADecember 26, 2013
Pros: free snacks
Cons: short breaks, gets boring
Calling for Phonathon is a wonderful way to engage in the Dickinson community. We get to speak with alumni that share wonderful advice and stories of the college. It also teaches great communication skills in general, and how to properly hold a conversation someone.
Work-Life Balance = A+
STUDENT DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Carlisle PAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: resources available to employees (fitness center, events, etc)
Wonderful colleagues; health and wellness is emphasized and opportunities abound; very few complaints about my experience.
Assist full time employees as instructed
Grounds Crew (Current Employee), Carlisle, PAJuly 10, 2013
As a part time employee in the summer, my main job is to assist the full time employees in projects they need help with.
Great environment to Grow
Researcher (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJune 7, 2013
They give you a task to do and basic guidelines. Overall it is up to you to figure out how to do and to produce respectable work. It gave a challenging environment and loved every second of it.
Great institution, but campus life seems too obsessed with theory to listen to student's actual needs
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAMay 29, 2013
The position was fantastic experience and it did all that the description was billed to. I was able to act as a peer mentor and role model for my fellow students while gaining all sorts of experience in event planning and community building. It seemed that the campus life full-time staff was a bit too obsessed with making changes based on theory for – more... the sake of making changes, rather than effectively assessing what the needs of the student body were and reacting appropriately to them. – less
Great Student Work Experience
Research Intern (Former Employee), Carlisle, PennsylvaniaMay 28, 2013
Pros: schedule, boss, compensation
It was great working for Dickinson College. My advising professor was actively involved and flexible. She allowed for the interns to control their own schedule and research, while demonstrating great interest in the students work. As research interns we were challenged mentally by her on a daily basis driving our further academic development.
Extremely rewarding student-work experience
Library/Information Science Supervisor (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAMay 21, 2013
Pros: amazing coworkers, flexible hours
I provided IT support to students and faculty, serving to set up and manage internet access, network access, and cross-network communication. I also provided basic hardware support.