Dickinson Fleet Services Employee Reviews

Apprentice Diesel Mechanic
Apprentice Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, long brakes, great hours.
Cons: temporary job
Go to work early to get tools and equipment ready for use. Was on site repairs so rode a truck to business. Learned basic diesel work and body repair. My co-worker was my supervisor and was very strict but fair. The hardest part of the job was the intense labor of changing brake drums. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship I made with my supervisor and constant knowledge I was gaining.
Fun and productive job being a diesel mechanic.
Diesel Mechanic/Parts Runner (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 30, 2015
Working for this company was great! I enjoyed the co-workers, the atmosphere, and the job itself. Its a shame that they were beginning to down size. This was more than a job, it was a career.
work is very seasonal
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2015
Loved doing the work for the different companies . just need more work to keep you busy all year. Loved the way they track time and work orders
A nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Reading, PAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: branch closed
A typical day consisted of calling and communicating with customers in a daily basis to ensure quality and identify whether there was a need that needed immediate attention. I learned that I love helping others. My co-workers were open and giving always wanting to help and asking for help when needed, a team environment made a difference. I enjoyed working with everyone there!
Productive decent place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch when production was up
Cons: short lunch break
A typical day at work consists of fabricating my parts from the raw materials given. I didn't really learn anything that i didn't already know. Management was fairly lenient unless something bad happened. My co-workers were great! Really enjoyed working with those guys. The hardest part of the job was acclimating to the weather. The shop was open for ventilation purposes so a worker is exposed to the changing weather. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work unsupervised for the most part.
Money hungry .Sell you a bag of empty dreams.
Mechanic (Former Employee), Dallas TxJuly 15, 2013
Pros: very good coworkers
Cons: work outside in bad weather, no work/life balance
The company is a joke. I worked for 2 years. not once did the owner take the time to introduce himself are just say hello. when he lives near Frisco. The company only wants you to bill customers so the numbers benefit the company and not the customer, then techs are put on accounts that have been drained by mechanics that have screwed the customers. Don't waste your time. management sucks..
Horrible place
Management (Former Employee), TexasJuly 11, 2013
Cons: everything
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. There is no structure to anything.
Management has no clue what they are doing.
Don't waste your time unless you want to be frustrated, overworked and underpaid
Don't waste your time
Employee (Former Employee), USAMay 2, 2013
Pros: freedom
Cons: poor values and poor management
Unfortunately there are a lot of great employees managed by some very poor leaders. If you want to work for a used car salesmen, step right up. Your job and pay will change about as frequently as the upper management order their next drink. This is a very high turnover, smoke and mirrors place with no culture and no concern for employees. Avoid the revolving door.
Fun place to work with great customers
Executive Support (Former Employee), OrlandoOctober 24, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: management and healthcare insurance
Entering time cards and invoice and typing billing and invoicing customers. I learned a lot about billing and customers. Hardest part of job you can not satisfy everyone. The people I worked with and loyal customers.
Productive fast paced place to work
MIG, TIG, STICK Welder (Former Employee), Norcross, GASeptember 10, 2012
I worked a 8 hr. shift refurbishing tractor-trailers. I learned alot about welding (Mig) and the use of all the shop tools. It was a temp assignment but I enjoyed every minute of it.
Decent place with a lot of hard working people who enjoy what they do.
Mobile Service Technician (Former Employee), Doraville, GAJuly 8, 2012
Pros: new customers and new locations daily.
Cons: no way to add new customers or accounts after services are rendered and the technician is penalized!
Good job with exciting new opportunities everyday. However without
good management personnel backing you it becomes a dead end drag day in and day out!
Would be a good place to work if they had the right management
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2012
The owners of the company were very nice and polite people that really seemed to care about their employees when they came into the office. The HR department was always very helpful and had wonderful people working in that department. Most of the co-workers were considerate but with all jobs there are those that like to start drama. The management over the billing team was a joke and he liked to pick favorites and stayed with drama in the office. He also liked to make fun of people and treated most of his employees like they were nothing.