DIEBOLD, INC

DIEBOLD, INC Employer Reviews

Understaffed
National/International Alarm Emergency Dispatcher (Current Employee), Uniontown, OhioSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: looking out after people
Cons: pay, senior dispatchers
Low pay for the responsibilities. For the security clearances and the responsibilities we deal with each day the pay is too low and the turn over far to high.
Production and fun job.
Metal Fabricator/Production Leader (Former Employee), Staunton, VAAugust 25, 2014
This job you could learn to run for different area's. Each machine you tested and graduated on you received more money. The management was very nice and taught you a lot. Great place to work. I was sad when they shut the doors.
Work is independent...you work alone
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2014
The work is only great because you get to work on your own, at your own pace.
Fast paced work environment
Service Technician (Former Employee), Albany, NYJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great benefit perks, variety from day to day
Cons: limited advancement, job stress
Excellent company to develop and expert job skills. Agency has vast contracts for job security. Typical day? There is not a typical day. Everyday is different and a new challenge.
A very good group of people to work with
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 3, 2014
Pros: flexiablility with work schedule
Cons: expensive health care cost
A typical day at work involved many different duties on a daily basis, I was able to sharpen my customer service skills and multi-tasking skills, the managers were very fair and easy to work with and all my co-workers were also very nice to work with
Compensation good; fast paced position movement in company
Strategic Alliance Manager, Partner Program (Former Employee), North Canton, OhioJune 3, 2014
Pros: flex time, compensation, healthcare.
Cons: extended late and weekend hours conflicting with family.
Co-workers in all departments had great work ethics and could roll up their sleeves and dig in to accomplish customer requests and needs. Teams were very committed to their objectives. Management sometimes lacked direction from the top down on what those objectives should be. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers and challenging projects. – more... The hardest part of the job was lack of management direction and constant change of that direction. – less
Good place to work that is getting out of the 90's
Senior Process Consultant- Branch Transformation (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 23, 2014
They are increasingly adapting their services to provide for the future of banking. It's taken awhile but they are finally getting around to being on the forefront of the future of what banking will look like in the US
Terrible Empoyer
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), 430 Winkler Dr., Alpharetta, GA 30004May 1, 2014
Cons: basically no training for a very detailed position
I worked there for 4 days. First things first, I received a training by projector for 2 days that was of no use and
was then set to "shadow" someone. That someone was SO busy for the two days I shadowed her, that I received NO training from her. She also shared so much of her personal life, that was just wasted time. I didn't make any calls to any subcontractors – more... because she was so busy and so distracted.. I was told I wasn't fit for the job, despite the fact I had basically received no training for a job that required much detail. I wasn't even given a chance to excel because of their lack of efficiency. NOT A GOOD EMPLOYER!! #thisplacesucks – less
Innovating place to work, where change is the only constant.
International Sales (Current Employee), Canton, OH - Richmond, VAApril 11, 2014
A company which transforms, adapts and moves on under challenges.

Unique opportunity to deal on daily basis with people from all regions, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, LatinAmerica, Canada.
Loved working for diebold,but felt they didn't care about there employee's.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Marlboro, MAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: car to take home
Cons: kept adding more work, with no reward or pay raise.
Imediate stress,trying to manage your calls,running histories, answering & making phone calls, sending email & text messages. Setting up vendor meets,getting to the site to service the atm fault. Completing and closing the call in a 2 hour time limit. Repeating the same procedure until my shift ended.
How to service & repair ATM'S. Communicating with – more... the customer, answering any questions they had. Making sure they where informed of any further work that had to be done. The customer came first.

Only a few good managers.

Worked well with the majority of my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was leaving it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was,the independance,driving. Getting the atm up and in service. Working with customers. – less
Very clean and nice place to work.
Lead Paint-room Supervisor (Former Employee), Lexington, NCMarch 12, 2014
One of the best manufacturing positions i have ever had. I worked in basically every part of the facility and managed to work my way up into supervision.
great place to work, awesome management.
Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Technician (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: nothing i can think of.
Working for Diebold gave me many great transferable skills. excellent work enviroment and culture.
Assisted with day to day office duties
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2014
Responsible for day to day office duties, accounts receivable and HR functions.
Fast paced, lots of miles to drive, good equipment to work with.
First Line Tech / Lock Replacement Tech (Former Employee), North Canton, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: good, reliable vehicle to drive, flexibility in scheduling.
Scheduled my own work and was able to work around the heaviest traffic periods to ensure the most efficient work day possible. I enjoyed each day trying to be more efficient that the previous one. I enjoyed most that the customers of my customer were well pleased with the timeliness of their needs being met.
Challenging job, variety of work, ability to work remotely
Order Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: variety of work, challenging
Cons: job security
Reviewed new orders, contacted customers to confirm scope of work and installation date(s), managed installation schedules for seven technicians in two branches, reviewed product ship dates to ensure they arrived in time to meet scheduled installation dates. I learned how a team effectively works together. Scheduling weekly meetings with multiple sales – more... staff was challenging. – less
Team player, Detail oriented and Initiative
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Roanoke, VirginiaDecember 27, 2013
Pros: holiday lunches
Cons: lunches and breaks
I have excellent organizational and detail skills and handle problems as they arise with efficiency and tact. I have excellent computer skills that will meet all of today's challenges in the office work place.
Not the same company I hired in to.
Customer Service Engineer II (Current Employee), Canton, OHNovember 3, 2013
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: very high expectation which your not really compensated for
Very stressful
A very valuable experience
They are very demanding
As far as co-workers go they are overworked and tired
We have to work on everything with very weak training
Lighter day are few and far in between but pennies from heaven
Great company
Accounts Payable Coordinator/Administrative (Former Employee), Elmsford, NYOctober 11, 2013
Pros: able to work from home
A wonderful company to work for and I'm grateful for all the years of experience. I learned a lot about the telecommunication and security industry. Enjoyed working with diverse people and happy to receive positive results. Worked with great management and handled all of their personal and confidential information.
Challedging and very rewarding. Helping and serving people.
Technician Firstline Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2013
Pros: working by myself.
Cons: lots of driving.
Traveling from site to site repairing equipment removing jams finding other problems as well. I learned many trouble shooting skills. Management was very fair. I would say the hardest part of my job was the driving. The satisfaction of fixing the problem and getting the atm working again.
I really enjoyed my time at Diebold.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Green, OHSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: good pay and company fun activities
Cons: hours not conducive when raising teens.
Typical day started at first around 4pm. The customer service rep was responsible for taking inbound calls from Commercial customers that had an ATM installed at their establishment.
Those calls were basically for repairs or filling dispensers with cash.
We we in close communications with the field personnel.
Being precise in which equipment is selected, – more... a very professional level of service were the main attributes required. – less

1 2 3