Diebold

Diebold Employee Reviews

All work and no play
Customer Solutions Engineer (Former Employee), IllinoisJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Stable work, solid benefits, enough money to keep the lights on
Cons: OT whether or not you like it, on-call constantly, constantly asking for more production, but in less man hours, too many promises made to banks at contract negotiations, all of them unrealistic
Diebold is a solid place to work, but it will chew you up, and make you a burned out person. With the constant on-call, and contract hours that run as late as midnight, there is no home-time. If you're a technician, you will be running calls all day, and half of the night.

You will make solid money, but only because on-call pay, and OT are added. Base salary is shameful for the position, and skill-set required. Raises are hilariously withheld. Each year when raises come back around, they'll send an email saying that raises are "temporarily" frozen due to company financial constraints. This is – more... every year. A couple of months later, you'll get a celebratory email talking about the great quarter that the company is having. The raises must be going to the shareholders.

The management has unrealistic expectations. In a company-wide email, they insisted that technicians run at least one more call per day, but also added that they would like to see overtime reduced. So, they were trying to pack more work into less time, and quality of service declined.

If you're single, it is fine. If you have a family, it's not great. The older guys hang on, but will tell you stories about how Diebold was once a shining star of a company, where you stayed on for decades, and retired with a pension. Those days are long gone. Three years in, you'll want to move on. – less
Not a very fun place to work.
Burglar Alarm, CCTV Tech (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 23, 2015
Required on line training was antiquated.Very difficult computer system to operate.Spent more time on computer and an overload of emails than actual work.
Curious mind ready to absorb more.
Junior Oracle DBA (Former Employee), North Canton, OHJuly 14, 2015
Pros: exposed to different departments
Cons: Not much compensation provided.
I worked on different projects like installation, upgrades, backup and recovery, migration from one platform to another, and performance turning especially dealing with slow running SQL statements. My colleagues were ready to assist with challenges as i applied my knowledge of protecting data. The hardest and also most enjoyable part of my job was facing different challenges.
Look for another place to work.
Service and installaton (Former Employee), Eastern RegionJuly 12, 2015
Pros: It's a job
Cons: Management, Middle management, No input. Input given is ignored. Knows how to lose money
People are expendable. There is no work life balance unless you are an 8-5er in an office. Jobs get so overdone without reason. Sales force is a sales farce, always making mistakes and EXPECTING others to do their job for them so they can go to the Winners Circle. No other employees have such rewards for getting the job done poorly. Production is slow. This is a great job if you want people to base your good qualities and your strides with the same goals for all. No Pension, but a 401K is offered. Minimal if any raises are given. Middle management are thwarted by upper management. People are let go to make the ROI good for the stockholders, while service and installation work suffer. Keep on looking as even hard, seasoned, and smart workers are not appreciated.
great company to work for
ATM TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), los angelesJuly 7, 2015
i enjoyed my 10 +yrs there, Management was great, pay was decent, co workers worked well together and was knowledgeable . great working environment.
There are some incompetent people working here.
Contract Software Engineer (Former Employee), Green, OHJune 30, 2015
Pros: Good drinks and food.
Cons: Slow work pace
Terminated me seven months before my contract was to expire. Could not get access to servers and software to do my work. I was told I would get access but they kept putting it off. Then terminated me because of poor performance when I was working as hard as I could and doing what they told me to do.
A very professional type of job.
Hardware Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 30, 2015
Pros: New vehicles and good benefits.
Cons: Long hours and a lot of pressure.
As a field service tech I started my work day from my home by communicating and getting to my first work site of the day. I would complete the task then move on to my next trouble call. We had to complete on line OSHA courses and traveled to different locations in the U.S for training. There is good leadership within Diebold and great co-workers. The hardest part of working with Diebold is the variety of equipment that has to be repaired and part look up. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the satisfaction of fixing the equipment and seeing the customer happy and satisfied with the work provided.
Self reliance with minimal management oversight
Repair Technician (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Provided car and maintenance
Cons: long and late work days
The typical work day requires driving to a bank, diagnose fault to atm and repair problem. After completing the repair on an atm needed to write up a report on what was found and work performed, then head to the next atm to repair. I learned to repair atms and working with security systems. The management was very hands off as long as there were no problems. The co-workers were helpful and trustworthy.
Good company to work with
Sr. OBIEE Consultant (Current Employee), North Canton, OHJune 14, 2015
Learnt a lot new things and some management skills. it pleasure to work with the team, collaborative environment between the client and management.
ATM assembler
Assembler (Former Employee), Danville VAJune 8, 2015
Very clean work environment I I assembled and tested the money stacker part of the machine each line worked as a team great working environment
Good PT Job with Benefits
ATM Service Tech. (Current Employee), Canton, OHJune 4, 2015
Pros: Company Vehicle with Phone
Cons: Deceptive Management Techniques to get new Employees and Staffing.
As an Associate Firstline Technician with Diebold Inc, I will provided Firstline maintenance for ATM's, maintenance on retail point of sale equipment, plus related PC and PC peripherals. Additionally, provide scheduled cleanings and other basic maintenance on conventional products such as locks, vaults, etc, and special projects, as needed. Perform basic installation and minor repairs on all Diebold products and services. This position may require the use of basic hand tools, limited parts and a basic understanding of PC, PC peripherals and network connectivity.

Some essential functions of – more... this position include:

Basic trouble shooting to include:
Prioritize and plan service calls
Contact customer with the estimated time of arrival
Escalate problems when appropriate
Reassign calls when appropriate
Accurately report service data
Interact in a professional manner with customers to foster positive customer relations
Follow key/alarm/combination control processes in assigned area of responsibility
Support service technicians in performing preventative maintenance inspections on conventional products
Maintain effective communication with Business Management Team and Service Technician Team members
Provide 'First Line Maintenance' on ATM's and retail products and devices to include:
On-site diagnosis of problem
Other technical fixes such as clearing paper jams, card jams, bill jams, etc
Perform some minor maintenance on ATM's (e.g. replacing light bulbs, card reader belts, air filters, etc.)
Develop working knowledge of all operating standards, practices, and procedures
Complete equipment cleanings as specified by Diebold contracts
Perform basic installation functions (e.g. pulling cable, mounting devices, installing Mas-Hamilton locks) – less
Wonderful company providing innovation and amazing training and opportunity for advancement.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: On the leading edge of technology to financial institutions was exciting and motivating.
Cons: Travel and long hours kept me away from my family.
Spending 21 years with Diebold, I participated in the introduction of ATMs to micr reading devices. Each year the company brought new technology that was exciting to present and provide solutions to financial institutions.
good company
Vice President of Global Accounts North America (Former Employee), GlobalMay 26, 2015
Pros: product
Cons: SW and SW support
need better leadership, company has great product and service although it lacks positive leaders to get them to the next level
Micro managed at it,s core
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee), midwestMay 22, 2015
Good job wise, management likes to control everything even though it could be better if they left a tech alone to complete items their requirements.
overworked, understaffed and underpaid.
Installer/Service Technician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: none.
Cons: managemtent.
A typical day at work would be to first evaluate calls and adjust according to time of call cam in and set as priority. Then drive to each site to resolve atm issues as needed. I've learned how to service atms and cash dispenser through training and on the job. I've also learned how to configure tcp/ip settings to connect atms to the network. How to create a back-up copy of software to recover an atm if the software crashes. With management there really is no management. He prefers not to work as a team, has not taken the time to talk to us as a team to discuss how things work here at diebold, – more... and making poor choices that directly affect my family life. My co-workers are great. I've built a relationship with them where if there's something that I need they would be able to assist me when needed as I assist them when I'm needed. If I have trouble on an atm I can call them for support to help resolve the issue. Overall great co-workers that I work with. The hardest part of my job is working for a manager who makes poor decisions and has no concern for family life for his employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is my fellow co-workers that I work with and when I can get off early enough to be with my family. – less
Productive and intense day
Order Specialist (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMay 15, 2015
I would say a typical day at work would be prioritizing my daily workload. Ensuring there are no fires to address from the previous day. Communicate with customers to ensure customer satisfaction and schedule future installations. I managed multiple projects and reprioritize as necessary to meet key deadlines. Coordinate installations with the implementation team. Release equipment for shipment to guarantee a succesful installation. Organize installation activity meetings to discuss productivity and forecasting preparation of monthly and annual budgets. Track actual to budget #s on a monthly basis and determining if there's a trend and creating best practices(if needed) to meet budget. All by working independently with minimum or no supervision
Only Production
Assembler (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 15, 2015
Pros: worked alone
Cons: withing with a quota
No slacking of was allowed , it was job first with breaks and lunch . Job was not to hard, it required some cnviction.I learned about computers.My coworkers was joke around sometimes.keeping up with the number was hard at times. the most enjoyable part was finshing a project.
Very unfair work environment
Alarm Dispatcher (Former Employee), North Canton, OHMay 12, 2015
Pros: cafeteria type food on premise
Cons: takes 5 minutes to get back into the department and swipe your card 4-5 times
Same individuals are given overtime/mandatory overtime
Very stale air in the event monitoring room. People constantly ill there.
Managers are extremely lazy and uneducated.
Security clearance is a long and bias process
Just a job to me...and I tired of that
Electronic Security Operator (Current Employee), Remote locationApril 14, 2015
Poor management in my department, and absolutely no room for advancement opportunities or pay increase in my situation.
diebold
Laborer (Contractor) (Current Employee), Canton, OHApril 14, 2015
this is a good place to work, it is energetic and enthusiastic. i do not have any complaints about this workplace. as well they are willing to work with you for family emergencies.

1 2 3 4 5

About Diebold

Cash is king at Diebold. The company is one of the leading producers of automated teller machines (ATMs). In addition, Diebold – Read more

Diebold Salaries