Diebold Employee Reviews

Overworked and under paid
Senior Service Technician (Current Employee) –  USAJune 14, 2017
I have been with Diebold for 10 years. It used to be a fantastic place to work. The culture was amazing and the pay fair. In the last years however is has drastically fallen downhill. They take the "customer is always right" mantra way too far. To the point that they will openly throw you under the bus to make a few bucks. If you work hard and try your best, you get nothing for it. I have seen a lot of employees come and go. Every single one enters excited and full of hope. When they leave they are broken shells of a human. Only upside is the health benefits are fantastic. Unless you like working to the bone for nothing, avoid.
job
Dispatcher Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 12, 2017
If you’re living with someone that isn’t going to be joining you on your ketogenic journey, then do your best to keep the most tempting foods separate from where you keep the keto-friendly stuff. That way you won’t be constantly faced with temptation whenever you go to prepare a keto-friendly meal.Meat: chicken thigh, chicken breast, whole chicken, pork loin, pork belly, pork shoulder, bacon, ham, quality sausages with high pork content, lamb, ground meat (turkey, beef, pork, lamb), steak (sirloin, flank, rib eye, hanger, flat iron, chuck)
Fish: tuna, salmon, cod, shrimp, pollock, tilapia, lobster, swordfish, crab
Dairy: hard cheeses such as cheddar, waxy cheeses, cream cheese, heavy cream, eggs
Pros
lunch
Cons
nothing
Building Relationships
Customer Solutions Engineer II (Current Employee) –  FLJune 9, 2017
I have developed long standing friendships with customers and co-workers that have defined quality of life in the duration of my employment that I hold as an unwritten benefit to working for a trusted strong globalized corporation.
Pros
Company Vehicle and associated expenses
Work.
Packer/Inspector/keying Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Diebold RoadJune 8, 2017
I worked on the SD line has a packager, where I packed security boxes for banks,post offices . I was promoted to the keying room , I a key cutting machine, composed orders for the keying room operators, stamped keys, paper tags and metal tags. I also set lock on security boxes.
Pros
Good "plant " to work for. Nice group of people too work with, except for Veronia .
Cons
Plant manager too close with certain employees
Great group of people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 30, 2017
Everyone that I worked with were some of the best, most hard working people I have ever met. They were all very helpful and willing anytime you have questions. They are understanding and very flexible.
Cons
Communication from upper management to teams can be improved
great job
First Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 30, 2017
was a very fun company to work at with plenty of flexibility and freedom must be able to work with minimal supervision a complete minor repairs to atm machines
fast paced
Logistic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OH 44720May 29, 2017
fast paced--multitasking is necessary--must have good customer service skill and telephone etiquette--must have computer skills and the ability to learn new software programs
OK Beginning Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 28, 2017
US culture leaves much to be desired. Company has a lot of people just hanging on without contributing. Very much the good 'ol boys club with sub-quality employees allowed to continue with no plan in place for them to improve or leave.
Pros
Not much pressure. No smoking onsite.
Cons
Below average salary in many positions.
Excellent Company for a career
Field Service Remote Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTMay 23, 2017
Was the best company I ever worked for. Great people, great supervisors, amazing environment. Great benefits offered by the company. Hopefully now that I have moved I will be able to go back to work for them again.
Diebold Nixdorf is an amazing place to work for
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 16, 2017
I have had nothing but amazing experiences while working at Diebold Nixdorf. I have grown in project management, talent acquisition, and HR. The culture at DNB allows for flexibility, but you must earn it.
OK place to work
Sr. Systems Engineer / Pre-sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAMay 9, 2017
good place to work. bank holidays off, good benefits. if you're a field guy its not weekdays only. could have some long days but overall no issues. they bought Wincor-Nixdorf so not sure of changes
Pros
Good pay / Benefits
NIce place to work
Software Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OH 44720May 3, 2017
As a co-op got plenty of opportunity for work.Work atmosphere was friendly though was not there long enough to give a good review one way or the other.
Professional workplace
Collections Representative, Regional Accounts (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 1, 2017
This was temporary seasonal work but was very informative and I acquired new skills and networked with great people. The hire seasonal workers in the last quarter of every year to complete their workload.
Pros
Professional atmosphere
Cons
Temporary work
never being board always have something to do for the 8 hours
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTApril 20, 2017
very warm atmosphere friendly very relaxed organized room for growth and travel. greet and meet people. I really enjoyed putting together the golf picnic and speaking with the technicians.and having a job that I really enjoyed.I missed working for them. Opportunity to meet the managers from other departments and offier a job in other departments growth was wonderfull.. The respect that I received from the technicians and bosses.
Cons
great benefits.
Dead in the water
Senior Director - Sales (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 19, 2017
The CEO came on board with the mission of turning the company around. So far, a boat load of money was spent acquiring a competitor and a software company. Yet the stock price continues to slide. Long history of increased dividend came to end...and the stock price continues to slide. Many valuable and loyal employees RIFed over the last 4 years to cut costs to fund acquisitions...and the stock price continues to slide. Even the managers the CEO brought in from Siemens and HP have cut and run.
Great team, innovative ideas
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshApril 11, 2017
Good team spirit, innovative execution.
Higher executives are volatile. I understand the need for interim workers (contractors), but maybe stick with hiring long-term, trained talent is my advice to management.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement. Good pay. Lots of exposure.
Cons
Lots of changes taking place with very tight deadlines.
Gotten too big
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 11, 2017
Was there for many years, however the management over the past 10 years has caused the company to be too big and have no concern for employees. Wage increases non existant.
Great stable place to work
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 1, 2017
This is a great starting job, it taught me a lot for a first full time job. It has a good work/life balance. I never had to think about job security. The environment is very friendly. There are good hectic days and some light days but the management is very understanding and support your decisions. Some positions allow to work remotely and management always supports working remotely from other locations in the world. Since it is a global company, sometimes you have to work odd hours (this is very rare).
fast paced, non boring.
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIMarch 31, 2017
job required availability of technician 365 days a year and 20 hours per day normally. lot of time spent driving to locations. work indoors and out in all climates day or night.
Pros
independent.no supervisor over your shoulder most of the time.
Cons
long hours.
Dead end
Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2017
No advancement in position or pay.
Tech level 1 has some knowledge as a level 3 tech but does not make the same salary. This company pays for your training so you can leave for a better job/ company.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diebold. Our community is ready to answer.