Dierbergs Employee Reviews

A typical day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MODecember 1, 2015
I enjoy working in this area just because im surround by alot of other people and different ages without the company. I enjoy getting to know everyone and mostly all of us working together to get our job done and the customers happy and wanting to come back to the store to shop.
Pros
30 min lunch breaks
Cons
Short breaks 15 mins
Great place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2015
It was good place to work at with good colleagues and learning from them. Friendly customers with fast pace. There was a lot of variety in what i did each day.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOOctober 7, 2015
Stocked shelves and performed as a cashier on a regular basis.

I learned how to stock and rotate product and learned how to handle money.

Managers are excellent.

Co-workers are very nice and supportive.

Hardest part was completely stocking the load in a short timeframe.

The most enjoyable part was bringing a smile to the customer's face.
Pros
Good brake and benefits
Cons
Had to work on some holidays
Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warson Woods, MOJune 23, 2015
Typical day consist of maintaining a clean and safe work place collecting trash form departments cleaning of restrooms scrub and buffing of the floors etc...
nice place to work
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOJune 9, 2015
Love working there but I have lost my hubby last year and now I am on widows pay and only allowed to make so much money. I had to cut my hours done to 20 hrs a wk. And there was no problem till I had to request to work in mornings from 7- noon for my hours. I now have to watch my grandson in the afternoons and I have to be home by 12:30p.m. to get him off bus. There was no problem at first but now my manager tells me she just don't have them hours for me no more. So now she is only giving me 4 hrs shifts , 2 days a week and I need at least 20 hrs all year round to be able to buy my food and gas for car. I don't ask my boss for too much. I go in when I am sick, I don't call in, and I am on time all the time for my job. I am always early for my shift. I just want to be able to get my 20 hours a week for all year round. I am a good person I think. A typical day at work is getting all of my jobs done and wait on customers and helping associates with what they need. Got a great group of co-workers to work with.
Pros
accident free for so many days and get a lunch
Cons
breaks
fast pace and friendly work environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOApril 15, 2015
Dierbergs is a excellent store to work at, u can learn alot from your co-workers and everybody there is very friendly. I learned alot there like how to stock shelves, i learned alot about different foods i've never heard of like cotton-candy grapes. management there was pretty good. Sometimes a little to uptight.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
no free lunchs
Great place to work!
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOApril 7, 2015
Great group of people to work with. Productive and fun environment. I would still be working there if I hadn't moved away.
Pros
Lots of free food
A productive and entertaining work environment
Cashier/Courtesy Counter Clerk/Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 3, 2015
Each day has its pros and cons. The attitudes of customers and associates vary day to day, but it has shown me how to appreciate all the positive events that occur during my time there. As with any job their are hard parts of the job, but I have developed many skills that made those parts doable. What I love most about this job is getting to deal with a customer one on one and help the solve a problem. Most of the time the customer is undeniably thankful and kind, which makes the return all that more enjoyable.
Pros
Breaks, healthcare, vacation time, and job security
Cons
odd work hours varying week to week, shorthanded most of the time
Dierbergs
Courtesy Counter Supervisor (Current Employee) –  EllisvilleMarch 7, 2015
I have grown up at Dierbergs and have learned not only work related skills that will help me in the future, but made long term friendships as well.
Dont work here
Courtesy Clerk, Produce Clerk, Cashier (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILMarch 5, 2015
Dierbegs is home to snobby customers who will talk down on you and expect you to grovel at their feet. Management is full of incompetent micro-managers intent on their small egos and power trips. Very awful place to work
Friendly workplace with the chance to meet new and interesting people.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 5, 2015
My day starts with clocking in. Once in, I pick up my till, go to my register and open up. After my line is open, I assist customers in any way that I am able, whether helping them find a certain product or just ringing up their groceries. Being a cashier has taught me how to handle myself around different types of customers and has made it easier to make conversations with others. The managers are always helpful and make the workplace comfortable and friendly. My coworkers work their hardest and are just as helpful as the managers when it comes to complicated tasks or assisting customers. The hardest part of my day is when I get an exceptionally difficult customer. Fortunately for me, I am a very level-headed person and always deal with the customer as professionally as possible. The most enjoyable part of my day are the conversations I get to have with each and every customer. The conversations always seem to lift their spirits and make my day easier.
Pros
proffesional enviornemnt, kind coworkers, friendly management
Cons
little benifits for part-timers, difficult customers
Great co-workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2015
I enjoy the customers. And everyone is so friendly from the janitors to the store director.
Great Company to Work For
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Saint LouisJanuary 20, 2015
Great Family/Team and or Community Oriented Work Environment. If You're Looking to Provide Courteous and Customer Friendly Service A Great Place to Work Part-Time or Long Term. Good Company, Healthy Recognitions of Great Service, Strong Support Systems with Work Flexibility. A Grocery Company I'd Recommend and or Work For Again.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
union dues
O.K. place to work
Seasonal Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Hard work. Cold environment. Able to use my skills effectively.
Productive and fun times
service journeyman (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, moJanuary 11, 2015
I enjoyed my time here, unfortunately, this was a family owned business and the family sold out to Dover Diversified inc. and they did a lot of downsizing to save money.
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
short breaks
Decent job with a steady paycheck
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MODecember 27, 2014
I help customers and cook food for the masses. The work is not too difficult and the employees in the deli all help each other out where they can.
Good place to work.
Gm Manager (Current Employee) –  Wildwood, MOOctober 15, 2014
I love my job. I have been with the company almost 15 years in the gm department. I am looking for something part time in the evening . With the holidays coming, I would like some extra Christmas money
to spend on my 5 soon to be 6 Grandkids.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
wanting to be open thanksgiving and easter.
It is a great place to work.
food demonstrator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2014
I have learned the correct management of customer service. I enjoy helping cutomers.
Pros
close to my place of residence.
Cons
none.
Fun workplace
Deli/Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOOctober 3, 2014
Dierbergs is a wonderful company. Everyday was a fun day for me. The employers were nice and they made sure I worked hard. The managers were nice and understandable.
Great job security
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis. MOOctober 3, 2014
There is always a chance to learn new things and there are always managers willing to teach. I have learned so many things about meat and the different cuts.