Dierbergs Employee Reviews

Del/Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ellisville, MOMarch 12, 2017
Dierbergs is a family owned company and treats its' employees very well. As with all companies these days, the theme is to do more with less. Customer service is top priority at Dierbergs and speedy service is only one part of that idea. There is never enough staff in the deli and hours are constantly cut. Many of my coworkers are high school and college students. There is a profound lack of positive work ethic among this age group and management does not address these problems. Overall I would recomend this job to anyone looking for part time work.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
not enough staff, low wages
Good company, yet difficult to get promoted
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILFebruary 4, 2017
At base Dierbergs is a good company, the respect and positive affiliations are there.
Nepotism remains rampant, the daily structure is often in upheaval.
They definitely need to change certain business models to if they want to remain relevant for years to come.
Management is often inexperienced with handling diverse employees.
Corporate seems to always be one step behind in communication, while communication store to store is slightly difficult.
Pros
30 minute lunch; 2, fiteen minute breaks
Cons
little hours, no ability to move up unless nepotism is the main motivator, no benefits if they keep hours low for the associate.
Good for High-Schoolers
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 10, 2017
They do not offer full-time jobs anymore which means no insurance. However, they do have a Worker's Union although I felt that they did not benefit me at all. This place is very good for high schoolers who have no work experience and need help finding that first job.
Pros
Worker's Union, Seniority list, some half-priced items
Cons
All the Courtesy Clerks are mainly High Schoolers, Some overbearing managers, Hard to reach wage raises with difficult standards
Very positive and friendly environment
Assistant Store Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 7, 2017
Dierbergs is a great company to work for. The family owned atmosphere keeps the owners close to their associates. The environment is a friendly and professional place to work.
Pros
Associate recognition. Medical benefits.
Cons
Working weekends and holidays.
College Student
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MODecember 30, 2016
The job is best for someone looking to get with a company and never leave for the rest of your life. Management is hit and miss depending on who you are dealing with ! Employees are lazy and incompetent ! Overall the job is decent just not for an ongoing college student !
Pros
Cool in the Summer
Cons
Everything else
Great place to develop customer service skills.
Produce Clerk/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wildwood, MOOctober 17, 2016
Overall a great place to start working. Everyday there is something new that you must adapt to. I learned to always put the customer first. Management was accommodating with schedules. The co-workers were generally friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was inventory. The hours were late and long. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing relationships with the customers.
Family owned company with active owners
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 3, 2017
Dierbergs is a 150 year old company with 3rd and 4th generation family member running the business. It is a 25 store chain. Most people in category management have retail background for Dierbergs.
Pros
Small Family Owned
Cons
Not much room for advancement
A beautiful store, good job, iffy management.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 14, 2016
A beautiful store to work in. the customers are great, they take the time out to speak to you. Ask's you about you day and life. the management could be better, a little more considerate. but in all a pretty good job.
Pros
Discount items.
Cons
iffy management.
Slow paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shiloh, ILSeptember 9, 2016
This grocery store caters to old-school customers looking for an old-schooled grocery store experience. The products on shelf are typically top of the line brand names. The majority of the customers are loyal and like to engage in everyday conversation.
Pros
Occasionally management provided staff with free snacks
Cons
Inability to move up (I thought I was going to be a cashier there forever)
Steady and productive with fun people.
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOAugust 22, 2016
A typical work day can vary from busy to quite. I've learned to work under stress when its really busy and how to keep myself busy when its quite. I work with friendly and fun people. Management is friendly and hard working. They try to help the employees and want please every customers. The hardest part of the job in my opinion is trying to please every customer to the fullest because not every customer is easy to please. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to be creative and I love being creative and finding new things to do or new ways to do everyday tasks.
amazing work environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, MODecember 15, 2016
From the costumers to workers, everyone is very welcoming and friendly. I loved working there. It was always a pleasant environment and I gained more customer service experience.
Every job
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Mo saint louisJanuary 12, 2017
I want to help as for my boy ...because we coming here before two mounth and he want to work and to study for manager in training...can you help please
Pros
Dierbergs
Fast paced work environmet
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2017
On a typical day you will run into a wide range of challenges, but the management teams are amazing in helping you through them.
Fun work place and workers are very helpful with information I do not know.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shiloh, ILSeptember 6, 2016
If I do not know where something is or how to do something with the register the other employees are very helpful. It is a nice environment and very easy to catch on fast.
Pros
15 mins paid breaks every shift.
Cons
Not enough hours
productive, fun place to work
Cashier/Bakery clerk (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOFebruary 5, 2017
Always room for advancement, good for part time. Very team oriented which is great. Very efficiant with breaks and hours
Family Owned company
Category Manager - Health Beauty/GM (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 12, 2016
Family owned company where you work with the owners side by side everyday. Great place to work long term to learn about profit, sales, unit movement and associate accountability.
Great company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, MOOctober 4, 2016
Dierbergs is a top notch company, I enjoyed my time there. The people and the management staff are great. Had I been receiving more hours I would have stayed.
Pros
Management, customers
Cons
pay
Was a fun, safe, and productive work environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cottleville, MOSeptember 30, 2016
Compensation was plentiful with rewards for doing good work, I worked with many of my peers however some management was hard to work with.
Fast pace & nice asst.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 13, 2016
Nice place to work. Fast pace, meet at lot of different people. The company has grown twice the size from when I started. They moved the Produce Office to St.Louis & I am wanting to cut my drive time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Work thur your breaks & lunches
This job is horrible.
Produce Clerk/salad bar (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 29, 2016
All the managers are horrible. If you work in salad bar, you will only close. You must work EVERY single holiday. You have to work forever just to get a .10 cent raise! This job actually sucks and is very miserable.
Pros
Absolutely nothing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dierbergs. Our community is ready to answer.