Diesel

Diesel Employer Reviews

fun
AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC, BIMBO / SARA LEE BAKERY (Former Employee), Nash tnJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: weather
US ARMY very professional and all had a team spirit. Weather was good and learning skills was good.
Good Products, Poor Management
Fashion Stylist/Retail Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 20, 2014
Pros: clothing allowance
Cons: horrible work environment
You are told they hire from within and there's room for growth; this is not true. Poor wages and poor management.
Productive and fun easy going atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Aventura, FLJuly 19, 2014
Pros: big employee discount, hour breaks, special benefits
Cons: not too much room to grow in the company
Clock in, sale as much as you can as fast as you can as excellent as you can while finding a healthy balance to carry on operational tasks and still making time to exercise your amazing customer service. I've learned that though people may come from far and distant places speaking different languages, in all nations a genuine smile means the same everywhere. – more... This job was commission based which usually resulted in very aggressive sales associates getting one over another but because the store maintained its family values and we grew close as one, everything we did as far as sales was healthy competition. Nonetheless, the hardest part about the job was balancing work while attending school full time. At times I found it almost impossible to be full-time in both areas in my life i committed so much time into, so this resulted in me stepping down to part-time. Although the most enjoyable part about this job was being able to be myself and feel comfortable around individuals who love the company as much as I did. – less
It's A Cool Job
Sales /Female Denim Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2014
I only enjoyed the music while working for Diesel. They have awesome Christimas parties.
awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYMay 12, 2014
So much fun to work here, positive environment and learned so much. Was well trained in everything and they all were willing to work as a team.
Job
Service Tech (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 9, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: not much business, lay off.
Slow days/few customers. I learned quite a bit about suspension and brakes. Management was decent if you're a hard worker. Co-workers are decent and good teachers. Driving customers around on slow days. Learning new things.
Great co-workers and management
Hydraulic & Heavy Equipment Mechanic/DOT Inspector (Former Employee), Cypress, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: 60-70hr work weeks
Gather repair tickets for the day. Look over equipment for new repairs and parts for ticket repairs. Turn in repair tickets to shop in order for parts to be ordered. Look up DOT inspections for the day, and inspect. Repair equipment with parts provided. Fill out paper work on all repairs.
The hardest part of my job was working in the rain. I got enjoyment – more... from doing the job right. – less
Good work enviorment
Mechanic/Welder (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches, bays to work under trucks
Cons: had to buy your own tools and tool box...
Each employee had their own bay for repairs of trailers and//or trucks. I worked hard getting as much as I could done in one day. I work with no supervision most of the time and I worked all day without complaints...
Fun and energetic work environment
General Manager Aventura (Former Employee), Aventura, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: long meal breaks, rest breaks, clothing allowance
Cons: underpaid in regards to total volume run, lack of promotional opportunities due to limited movement higher up
Challenging and rewarding work environment. Management worked with developing and training to staff to become effective leaders within the store environment.
Best store ever!
Confidential (Former Employee), Garden City, NYDecember 20, 2013
Pros: company hires great personalities with different dynamics
Cons: old computer systems. and frequent hardware malfunctions
Best Company i have worked for predominantly because of store and staff i worked with we were all family. Non stressful work environment. Customers became friends. not a strict dress code other then it must be diesel denim. Corporate visits were friendly and personable. Company annual party's always fun. Hardest part of work would be clocking out.
educational environment with lots of work to do
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee), Warrenville, SCOctober 29, 2013
 Take customer requests for repair work
 Train with techs at the end of work day to learn about diesel engines
 Ensure complete customer satisfaction daily
Relaxed work envoirnment
Sales Stylist (Current Employee), lexington aveAugust 29, 2013
Pros: relaxed work enviornment, accomidating schedules
Cons: not alot of growth potential, favorites
Its usually not that many customers so you definitely have to maximize the on the few sales you do get. there is a lot of down time usually used to maintain the stores appearance but if you don't assign yourself little projects to do you will be bored.
excellant environment for upgrading our skills
Dy. Manager (Current Employee), chennaiAugust 23, 2013
Present Functional Area : Warranty Administrator –Electric power
(Diesel, Gas, Marine, Petroleum & Industrial engines)

Previous Functional Area : Fist Level -Service Engineer
Second Level- Rental Co-coordinator
Third Level – Asst Manager-Rental
Current Level – Dy.Manager- Warranty
One of the most fun places I have ever worked.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 31, 2013
Pros: discount, employees, free clothes, fun environment
Cons: sporadic hours, employee retention
I absolutely love Diesel, as a brand and as a company. It's difficult to say what an average day is at Diesel because it's always different. The biggest thing is customer service and proper training of staff. The development of the sales associate is a constant progression, almost never ending. There is an "everyday"sort of hussle/grind that can either – more... be motivating or tiresome. – less
Productive, very busy, always entertaining
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 20, 2013
I worked at Diesel when It was at the top of its game so knowing product knowledge was very important. We had to make sure we could help and satisfy numerous customers at once without getting too overwhelmed. Co-workers helped eachother out through out the day.
Fun but horrible upper management team
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 12, 2013
Pros: great benifits, pay, pto
Cons: horrible managment, lack of communication
Diesel has potential to be an amazing company to work for if HR focuses more on the individuals they hired to be the general and assistant managers.
Productive and fun place to work
Denim Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2013
I have learned so much about denim at DIESEL. I have learned about fits, comfort, and style. The people I work with are very open minded and down to earth individuals. I love how DIESEL allows you to be yourself, drive business and have fun doing it.
Fun Easy Work Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: i am able to work at a pace where i am able to see the results of my presence.
Cons: advancement and growth opportunities are few and far in between if you are not willing to relocate.
Diesel is a great company to work for, the stress level is very minimal. The Diesel culture creates a great opportunity for me to utilize all the skills I have learned and possess. My coworkers are all great persons to work with and all are seeking opportunities to grow and develop their skills.
Sales/ Stylist
Denim Specialist/ Stylist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2012
Give our customers a shopping experience like no other. Instead of being a sales person our goal is to satisfy, inform, and ultimately make the customer about his/her purchase and have a return customer for the future.
OK place
Retail Pro Administration/Support Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2012
Pros: family, free clothes, fun
Cons: healthcare, management, stress
Daily checks and procedures for the network. My co workers are amazing, we are like family. The hardest part is management and understanding what your duties are. There is no structure

1 2 3