Diesel

Diesel United States Employee Reviews

sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Georgetown, WAMarch 7, 2015
flixilbe hours, great bosses, friendly envirment , meeting new people , make lots of friends,build clints, communication,answer to cusomers needs.
Management was always changing
Lead Stock (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free clothes
Cons: a lot of things fell on us
Work was what you expected of stock, but stock was greatly under appreciated, and management constantly changed and had alot of internal in store issues. I did learn of the ins and outs of stocks, as it was a high volume store. The hardest part was dealing with the backlash , and the most enjoyable part was the stock team , and the benefits
Mechanic
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), CanovanasJanuary 27, 2015
Mechanic automotive and trucks.
Repair a/c.
Auto diagnostic.
Check in and check out.
Supervisor the matrerial and the employe.
Change the wheels and balance.
Supervision and inspection all car.
Company culture based on hiring and promoting unique individuals with a passion for denim and who love to sell.
General Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2014
Pros: fun holiday contests to motivate employees and managers, healthcare benefits are amazing and extremely inexpensive.
Cons: communication between departments at home office is lacking, creating extra work at the store level.
I have worked for Diesel for a little over 8 years. As the manager of three locations in three cities, I have had the pleasure of working with hardworking individuals who strive to give the best possible service to their clients. As this is a privately held corporation, we do not have to answer to shareholders' demands and therefore HQ takes risks and strives to be innovative without necessarily worrying about the bottom line.
Fun, fast-paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2014
Great company, but eventually you outgrow the job. I loved being there while I finished my first year of college.
Great enviorment
Sales associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: comission based salary
Good compensation on merchandise comfortable work enviorment and the company promotes within
great challenging place to work
Proven leader (Current Employee), Youngstown OhOctober 22, 2014
being extremely productive
counting money
being on time
the hardest part can be making sure all the money adds up perfectly
the most enjoyable is making the costumers happy
Fun Work Place
Sales associate (Former Employee), AventuraAugust 28, 2014
Pros: free clothing and great discounts
Cons: working holidays
I was working as a retail sales associates, loved the people I worked with, management of course was on top of our sales number and made it very fun to be competitive towards each other (co-workers). We were also commission based so making sure we sold a lot was always a priority. I enjoyed working for Diesel a lot of growing opportunities. Hardest part was working Holidays.
Overly competitive work environment
Sales Stylist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: clothing allowance
Cons: work environment, no benefits ext.
Before actually working on the sales floor you are painted the illusion of this fabulous life party work environment but at the end of the day you are harassed by management to make your goals when there is no customers coming in to sale to. Not properly reprimanded if you are not performing up to "company standard". And you are constantly fighting with your co-workers over stolen sales which the managers don't know how to handle.
Awesome Culture
Full- Time Supervisor (Current Employee), Denver, CoAugust 14, 2014
DIESEL is really all about client/ associate connection which falls on common ground- My passion is displayed on the sales floor. Creating excitement about the product and backing it up with product knowledge leads the day to day experience. Team work is always a great way to accomplish any goal set within the store, and everyone on staff is there to help each other.
N/A
Shop Mechanic (Former Employee), Lakeland,FLAugust 4, 2014
Nice place to work and comfortable working on diesels company went out of business.
fun
AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC, BIMBO / SARA LEE BAKERY (Former Employee), Nash tnJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: weather
US ARMY very professional and all had a team spirit. Weather was good and learning skills was good.
Good Products, Poor Management
Fashion Stylist/Retail Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 20, 2014
Pros: clothing allowance
Cons: horrible work environment
You are told they hire from within and there's room for growth; this is not true. Poor wages and poor management.
Productive and fun easy going atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Aventura, FLJuly 19, 2014
Pros: big employee discount, hour breaks, special benefits
Cons: not too much room to grow in the company
Clock in, sale as much as you can as fast as you can as excellent as you can while finding a healthy balance to carry on operational tasks and still making time to exercise your amazing customer service. I've learned that though people may come from far and distant places speaking different languages, in all nations a genuine smile means the same everywhere. This job was commission based which usually resulted in very aggressive sales associates getting one over another but because the store maintained its family values and we grew close as one, everything we did as far as sales was healthy competition. Nonetheless, the hardest part about the job was balancing work while attending school full time. At times I found it almost impossible to be full-time in both areas in my life i committed so much time into, so this resulted in me stepping down to part-time. Although the most enjoyable part about this job was being able to be myself and feel comfortable around individuals who love the company as much as I did.
It's A Cool Job
Sales /Female Denim Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2014
I only enjoyed the music while working for Diesel. They have awesome Christimas parties.
awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYMay 12, 2014
So much fun to work here, positive environment and learned so much. Was well trained in everything and they all were willing to work as a team.
Job
Service Tech (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 9, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: not much business, lay off.
Slow days/few customers. I learned quite a bit about suspension and brakes. Management was decent if you're a hard worker. Co-workers are decent and good teachers. Driving customers around on slow days. Learning new things.
Great co-workers and management
Hydraulic & Heavy Equipment Mechanic/DOT Inspector (Former Employee), Cypress, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: 60-70hr work weeks
Gather repair tickets for the day. Look over equipment for new repairs and parts for ticket repairs. Turn in repair tickets to shop in order for parts to be ordered. Look up DOT inspections for the day, and inspect. Repair equipment with parts provided. Fill out paper work on all repairs.
The hardest part of my job was working in the rain. I got enjoyment from doing the job right.
Good work enviorment
Mechanic/Welder (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches, bays to work under trucks
Cons: had to buy your own tools and tool box...
Each employee had their own bay for repairs of trailers and//or trucks. I worked hard getting as much as I could done in one day. I work with no supervision most of the time and I worked all day without complaints...
Fun and energetic work environment
General Manager Aventura (Former Employee), Aventura, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: long meal breaks, rest breaks, clothing allowance
Cons: underpaid in regards to total volume run, lack of promotional opportunities due to limited movement higher up
Challenging and rewarding work environment. Management worked with developing and training to staff to become effective leaders within the store environment.

Diesel Salaries