Diesel Employee Reviews

Unorganized and complacent work environment
Customer Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJune 25, 2016
Decent job if you just want a part time position but do not expect any pay raises or advancement. Compensation for bonuses is lackluster. Management is very childish and all over the place. Micro management makes work seem non productive. Customer interaction is great. Perks of the job can be inticing. Overall not the ideal employer.
Pros
Clothing allowance, sales incentives
Cons
Management, unorganization, no room to advance
use to be a good company
FT. Stylist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 31, 2016
The hardest part of this job is trying to sell. Every year, there is less and less traffic so numbers were lower each year. Majority of your checks all depend on commission as the hourly rate sucks. Management would put to many people to work, which made it harder for you to sell. Management would not do anything when problems occurred with co-workers, they think 'housing' sales would solve the issue. To much drama, almost everyone working there was over 25 years old and you felt as if you were in high school with all the drama that went on. I really enjoyed the people i meet, you have cool clients and build a bond with them. The benefits are good, you get paid vacation, sick and personal days. you get a good amount of free clothes. This job is good if your in college trying to make money while your trying to get your degree.
Pros
free clothes, meet cool people, if your full time theres benefits
Cons
hourly rate sucks, management sucks, hr doesn't care about you
Fun place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 5, 2016
Great work culture and generous benefits. Not a lot of pressure. Very laid back and entertaining. Management is great too.
Excellent management and great work environment.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Diesel is a great company to work in, with good benefits and care for the employee. I work in Aventura store and our team is strong and unite. We know how to work in a team and the managers are also very cooperative.

The only hardest part of my current job is that is far away from my place. Other than that I love Diesel as a company and as a brand. I'm a true lover of fashion and style and sales is my strongest skill.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long shifts
Cool place to work! Awesome pay too.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2016
Diesel is has a very edgy style so it's the perfect place to work if you want to express yourself. They don't judge you based on appearance. You wear whatever suits you and makes you happy. They're not strict on tattoos or ripped jeans like most jobs would be. The only bad thing I could say is that sometimes the sales goal for the day can be a little high, especially if it's slow.
Pros
Discounts on clothing, great pay, hour breaks.
Cons
High sales goal.
Fun Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAAugust 2, 2016
Great company to work with and amazing staff. I was sad to leave but I needed to move on with my career. The management as well as the employees as a whole were great!
great place to work but very unstable
Stock­Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2016
great place to work very fun but struggled w job security never knew when the store was closing left the whole team in the dark but over all a fun and smooth environment
volunteer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2016
Amazing way of helping the environment out. it was nice seeing al the helpful people we have out there. one hard thing was to see the people who needed help as we would see their smiles on their face. all around great way to help others.
Creative environment with lots of benefits
PR/Media/ Talent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Working at Diesel is amazing,it is fierce competitor in fashion. They are one of the top denim brands and are constantly pushing boundaries. Work environment is great and everyone loves their job.
Fast pace environment with high expectations.
Full-time Stylist (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 11, 2016
Diesel takes the hiring process very seriously. That being said, they maintain very high, but not unattainable, standards for their employees. They occupy a niche portion of the market that lies somewhere between Luxury and Mid Level, so foot traffic can sometimes be inconsistent. If you enjoy creating connections, clienteling and styling, this job is for you.
Nice culture
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 27, 2016
Amazing brand. Fun Working environment. You are taught a lot about the brand. They ensure you maintain store in an organized and visually attractive manner. Hard to grow in the company. Very high expectations for slow traffic.
It's ok
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2016
Not much to say about the Diesel company in Usa. They like to promote within! The pay is really bad, but life /work balance is great. The company is cutting working hours.
great enviroment and team oriented
technician (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXNovember 2, 2016
lots of work never slow and always face paced, we are always looking to better our colleagues and fellow employees and grow the company.
Pros
good enviroment and work
Cons
bad managment
Nice work enviornment
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJanuary 16, 2017
Nice work friendly atmosphere
work starts off slow
a lot of overtime
learn something new frequently
management is nice
it is challenging
Company culture based on hiring and promoting unique individuals with a passion for denim and who love to sell.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2014
I have worked for Diesel for a little over 8 years. As the manager of three locations in three cities, I have had the pleasure of working with hardworking individuals who strive to give the best possible service to their clients. As this is a privately held corporation, we do not have to answer to shareholders' demands and therefore HQ takes risks and strives to be innovative without necessarily worrying about the bottom line.
Pros
Fun Holiday Contests to motivate employees and managers, Healthcare benefits are amazing and extremely inexpensive.
Cons
Communication between departments at Home Office is lacking, creating extra work at the store level.
Good work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 4, 2016
Diesel was a great place to work. They were strict in certain aspects of the work flow but also gave us our freedom and trust as we interacted with the customers.
Pros
Fun. Freedom, Trust, Balance
Cons
retail customers messy with clothes in dressing room
Overly competitive work environment
Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2014
Before actually working on the sales floor you are painted the illusion of this fabulous life party work environment but at the end of the day you are harassed by management to make your goals when there is no customers coming in to sale to. Not properly reprimanded if you are not performing up to "company standard". And you are constantly fighting with your co-workers over stolen sales which the managers don't know how to handle.
Pros
Clothing allowance
Cons
work environment, no benefits ext.
Management was always changing
Lead Stock (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Work was what you expected of stock, but stock was greatly under appreciated, and management constantly changed and had alot of internal in store issues. I did learn of the ins and outs of stocks, as it was a high volume store. The hardest part was dealing with the backlash , and the most enjoyable part was the stock team , and the benefits
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
A lot of things fell on us
Productive and fun easy going atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 19, 2014
Clock in, sale as much as you can as fast as you can as excellent as you can while finding a healthy balance to carry on operational tasks and still making time to exercise your amazing customer service. I've learned that though people may come from far and distant places speaking different languages, in all nations a genuine smile means the same everywhere. This job was commission based which usually resulted in very aggressive sales associates getting one over another but because the store maintained its family values and we grew close as one, everything we did as far as sales was healthy competition. Nonetheless, the hardest part about the job was balancing work while attending school full time. At times I found it almost impossible to be full-time in both areas in my life i committed so much time into, so this resulted in me stepping down to part-time. Although the most enjoyable part about this job was being able to be myself and feel comfortable around individuals who love the company as much as I did.
Pros
Big employee discount, hour breaks, special benefits
Cons
not too much room to grow in the company
Great co-workers and management
Hydraulic & Heavy Equipment Mechanic/DOT Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMarch 12, 2014
Gather repair tickets for the day. Look over equipment for new repairs and parts for ticket repairs. Turn in repair tickets to shop in order for parts to be ordered. Look up DOT inspections for the day, and inspect. Repair equipment with parts provided. Fill out paper work on all repairs.
The hardest part of my job was working in the rain. I got enjoyment from doing the job right.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
60-70hr work weeks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diesel. Our community is ready to answer.