Dietz & Watson Employee Reviews in United States

deitz and watson
Machine Operator, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2016
Synchronized speeds of sections of machines when producing products involving several steps and processes.
Swabbed molds with solutions to prevent products from sticking.
´éč Poured, scooped and dumped specified ingredients, metal assemblies and mixtures into sections of machine prior to starting machines.
Removed molds, mold components and feeder tubes from machinery after production was complete.
Reviewed work orders, specifications and instructions to determine materials, ingredients, procedures, components, settings and adjustments for extruding, forming, pressing and compacting machines.
Selected and installed machine components such as dies, molds and cutters, according to specifications, using hand tools and measuring devices.
Installed, aligned and adjusted neck rings, press plungers and feeder tubes.
Monitored the production line, watching for problems such as pile-ups, jams .
Stopped mixing and blending machines when specified product qualities were obtained and opened valves and started pumps to transfer mixtures.
Pros
hours
Cons
downsized
merchandiser
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2016
great company to work for travel a lot. good management good training programs. a lot going on with company sometimes easy to get lost however if your not one of the main people.
Productive, but COLD
Labeler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2016
A typical day at work is working in the 30 degrees Fahrenheit Monday thru Friday. I learned to use a computer software to log in and out to input labels for each different products that the company produce and sell. Management is never to far, and the hardest part of the job is getting use to the cold. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know people and their different backgrounds. Also, learning how to input the information needed for the products to go beyond the warehouse and into the stores.
Pros
Healthcare, raises
Cons
Always cold
Very productive work place
Machine Operator / Pallet Jack Operator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 2, 2016
Very productive work place. I learned how to operate a tipper tie machine. And the process of making lunch meat and other meat products.The management i dont agree with but im their to do my job. My co-wokers was fun to be around. The hardest part of the day is to stand around waiting for the product in a cold environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Rewarding career
Route Sales Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 21, 2016
I learned everything and anything about the deli business. Management provided a supportive environment to increase sales.
A typical day on the job consist of ordering product for customers. Loading the truck. Delivering and selling the product.
The hardest part of the job is loading the truck. The enjoyable part of the job is being out on the street, running your route.
Pros
great benefits, great working enviroment.
Cons
some long days, but thats the way it goes
productive and fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2015
everybody was wonderful to work with. Fun workplace with excellent supportive management. Wanted a change in my career
It was okay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2015
I loved working here, because they gave you lunch every day, and the hours were not bad. Other than it being cold all the time it was a nice experience working there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
too cold
A day at work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2015
this company is good but i feel like there will be no progres in life if decide to stay, I have family to take care of and working here wont make ends meet for long term.
Very easy and simple place to succeed
Warehouse Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 1, 2015
This was one of the best employment opportunities I've ever had. Unfortunately the salary didn't match the position that I was being paid to do.
fast pace work place
Meat Packer/ Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 15, 2015
it was a nice place to work the days there would go by fast due to a high speed work place. the people was very nice,if you couldn't keep up fellow employees would give you a hand until you catch up.
Pros
free food
Cons
very could

Want to know more about Dietz & Watson?

Ask a question
Productive serious workplace with great co-workers
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 22, 2014
A typical day at work was fulfilling being that we knew that we were making a great product to feed people,yet it was serious work because people put great trust in us to feed them with a product that would meet their needs and not harm their health.
My co-workers were great professionals but down to folk.
The hardest part of the job was keeping warm on account that the work environment was refrigerated.
and last but not the least I enjoyed the camaraderie between my fellow co-workers regardless of what department we worked in.
Pros
free lunch meat, payed compensation for employees who already had medical insurance.
Cons
very short breaks, and need of better pay.
I'm a good worker
driver (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaDecember 3, 2014
I've been in transportation over 40 yeats,have a,lot of experience in the transportation field I presently work for Amazon as,a,driver
Great company
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 19, 2014
The work was a little hard and it was always cold. Working in a giant freezer all day long
fast workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 16, 2014
everything moves every fast though out the day. learn about the pros and cons of foods .the mangers was every friendly
Family oriented company
Route Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2014
Monday - Friday
Great pay
Holidays off

The most enjoyable part of the job was the great balance between work and personal life
Cons
got laid off
exciting, fun, and demanding
Sales & Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 31, 2014
Amazing employer. Solid leadership from top to bottom providing direction and advancement opportunities. Very close knit group almost like family making it a comfortable and open work environment.
Pros
family, direction, leadership, hope
Cons
demanding schedule
Family Environment and Multicultural
Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2014
Family owned company that are involved in every part of the company. Receive free lunches and discounted food.
Learned a lot from experienced employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
communication
A family oriented atmosphere
Warehouse Assistance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of shipping/receiving, inventory control, order selecting, loading/unloading trucks and deliveries, and data entry.
I learned how to manage other employees and keep motivated about work and also teach them all the intricasies about the job. Our management team was the best and gave me their full support. The co-workers were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was learning to prioritize what department needed their orders first. I really enjoyed working and learning from my boss and the other co-workers as well as performing my job.
Dietz & Watson is a good organization.
Food Processor/Machine Setup Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 21, 2013
Dietz & Watson is a good organization.
I learned to assemble and operate the meat injection machinery. I learned to maintain safety and good housekeeping with PPE. I worked a lot of overtime. The organization had a good incentive program. Working with management and co-workers provided a good learning experience. The most difficult part of the job was working with the machinery when it broke down. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I had highly productive and uninterrupted day.
Pros
stable company that has been in existence for a long time.
Cons
low wages
50/50
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 9, 2013
Making sure all the hams are package right By working together as a team u can accomplish your daily task at a faster paste In my department management was good to us Co-workers was great positive attitudes Making sure all the hams between 1,500-2,200 was packaged right When you working together as a team and getting the job done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dietz & Watson. Our community is ready to answer.

Dietz & Watson Reviews by Location