Dietz & Watson

Dietz & Watson United States Employee Reviews

Productive serious workplace with great co-workers
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch meat, payed compensation for employees who already had medical insurance.
Cons: very short breaks, and need of better pay.
A typical day at work was fulfilling being that we knew that we were making a great product to feed people,yet it was serious work because people put great trust in us to feed them with a product that would meet their needs and not harm their health.
My co-workers were great professionals but down to folk.
The hardest part of the job was keeping warm on account that the work environment was refrigerated.
and last but not the least I enjoyed the camaraderie between my fellow co-workers regardless of what department we worked in.
Great company
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 19, 2014
The work was a little hard and it was always cold. Working in a giant freezer all day long
fast workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 16, 2014
everything moves every fast though out the day. learn about the pros and cons of foods .the mangers was every friendly
Family oriented company
Route Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2014
Cons: got laid off
Monday - Friday
Great pay
Holidays off

The most enjoyable part of the job was the great balance between work and personal life
exciting, fun, and demanding
Sales & Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: family, direction, leadership, hope
Cons: demanding schedule
Amazing employer. Solid leadership from top to bottom providing direction and advancement opportunities. Very close knit group almost like family making it a comfortable and open work environment.
Family Environment and Multicultural
Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: communication
Family owned company that are involved in every part of the company. Receive free lunches and discounted food.
Learned a lot from experienced employees.
A family oriented atmosphere
Warehouse Assistance Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of shipping/receiving, inventory control, order selecting, loading/unloading trucks and deliveries, and data entry.
I learned how to manage other employees and keep motivated about work and also teach them all the intricasies about the job. Our management team was the best and gave me their full support. The co-workers were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was learning to prioritize what department needed their orders first. I really enjoyed working and learning from my boss and the other co-workers as well as performing my job.
Dietz & Watson is a good organization.
Food Processor/Machine Setup Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: stable company that has been in existence for a long time.
Cons: low wages
Dietz & Watson is a good organization.
I learned to assemble and operate the meat injection machinery. I learned to maintain safety and good housekeeping with PPE. I worked a lot of overtime. The organization had a good incentive program. Working with management and co-workers provided a good learning experience. The most difficult part of the job was working with the machinery when it broke down. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I had highly productive and uninterrupted day.
50/50
General Laborer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 9, 2013
Making sure all the hams are package right By working together as a team u can accomplish your daily task at a faster paste In my department management was good to us Co-workers was great positive attitudes Making sure all the hams between 1,500-2,200 was packaged right When you working together as a team and getting the job done
Fast paced and dedicated workplace
Garage Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), 5701 tacony StreetNovember 12, 2012
Pros: making dietz and watson vehicles a pleasure to look at
Cons: my college schedule
Maintaining the company vehicles which included all trucks and tractor trailers. I was team lead in detailing all vehicles owned by this company. I trained all workers who was a part of my department, in charge of scheduling and inventory. I developed a system of running the garage, in the fast paced enviroment which the company needed upon my hiring. The hardest part of this job for me was the daily hours and attending college as a full-time student which led to my departure.
Productive Place to be
Stocker (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2012
Pros: benefits, reasonable breaks, holidays off
Cons: management, accidental prone
A typical day at work is clocking in at 3 pm and getting right into loading and stocking boxes. We have reasonable breaks (at 630pm and 9pm). Me and my coworkers talk about things in our life and supervisors and games, just so the time could go by faster. The job do not provide us lunch, however they do provide health insurance for me and my daughter.

Dietz & Watson Salaries