Dietz and Watson Employee Reviews

cold
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 30, 2017
the job was to to cold it was a freezer. I use to wear three layers of clothing and gloves. I also wore two pair of socks and by the end of the day couldn't feel no body parts hand,feet,and ears etc.
Good company, and had some very good people thrugh it all.
Merchandiser Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot, MIFebruary 8, 2017
Good company, great product, need to work on people skills,however overall very good. There was no hard part to this job for me I really enjoyed the work and doing what it did.
Pros
great team great products
Cons
training was weak but effective
pretty good company very strict on the lateness and absenteeism.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 14, 2017
they are very tight on time. if you have earned time off and want to use it well good luck if they let you. eto is kind of like skymiles there are a lot of blackout dates.
Pros
free lunchmeat
Cons
dont really get breaks cant use earned time off never really get a vacation.
Productive/Fast pace environment
Utility warehouse team member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2016
Working at Dietz and Watson for several years I can say has been a pleasure. It is a fast pace environment which helps the work day seem to go by quicker.
Pros
Co-workers and management are all friendly.
Cons
The pay.
Your Opinion is based on your region
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 5, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day at Dietz and Watson as there was a lot of growth going on that lead to traveling on a whim at times. I did learn patience and the importance of communication to get things accomplished. Management, when I started there was good and involved. However, as the years moved forward there was less active managing and the responsiveness was lacking when I would need assistance getting things accomplished. The hardest part of the job was at times the travel and being away from home for weeks at a time. The part I loved most was my coworkers and the people in my stores.
Very Productive
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2016
It was great to be in an environment where you can learn while you work about not only the company but also the product. the benefits were well affordable under their union contrat.
Pros
Can meet all kinds of etnics, culture
Cons
Working in a giant freezer
Not a Good Working Enviroment
Produciton Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2015
Not a Good Place to Work, Too Much Turnover, Too Many Incompetent People in Places of Authority, Supervisor's don't know what theyre talking about most of the time.
Pros
the Hours
Cons
the Environment
Not Organized
2nd Shift Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 10, 2015
Place is not organized. Some the supervisor treat people like slaves. To many people call out. Sometimes we get one day off.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Not organized.
Great work enviroment and team oriented. Family owned
Material Handler/Shipping (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 5, 2015
Shipping and receiving products.
Work very well with my co-workers.
Very understandable supervisor.
Laid back environment but still get the job done when things need to be shipped out.
Pros
flexible
benefits
Good company to work with
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2014
Good company to work with. Met many coworkers that became friends for life.
Good Company but...
ROUTE SALES REP (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2014
Dietz and Watson is a great company to work for. They understand family time. The only downfall is that my supervisor would not communicate with us and keep us up to date with what is going on. We would get information from our customers weeks in advance before he would inform us of anything. Another driver and I both were recently informed that we were being laid off at the end of May but know clear explaination of what was going on.
Pros
Family Time, Pay, Hours
Cons
Communication, Job Secirity
Learned plenty of new skills and, how to use tools and, equipment.
General Laborer (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2013
A helper as a general laborer to an experienced maintenance mechanic. Learned how to use various tools and, equipment safely and, properly. The co-workers were helpful and, always focused on the job. The hardest part of the job was also the best part: Facing new challenges and, learning something new everyday.
fun place to work ..frindly co workers
stocker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 8, 2013
co workers was all some ....everyone was friendly.....manager was understanding....the hardest part was the hours
busy work place alot of overtime
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 19, 2012
Start shift 1 hour early before shift start to assist morning shift with shutting down operations for start of second shift decide what orders are going to start first then set bagger machine with proper bags and date adjust voltage and speed on cryovac 8600 so product in the bags get a proper seal and vacuum through out the shift period.I have leared to trouble shoot machines that i operate so maintenance would not be needed unless A major break down the supervisor was very respectful trustworthy ,helpful and understanding created a good work life balance coworkers was somewhat easy to work with everyone could not stay at the same speed but would catch up eventually very easy work nothing hard at all
Pros
free lunch meat for associates at lunch time
Cons
very productive
Great place to work with plenty of room for advancement.
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 15, 2012
It was a pleasure to work there nothing hard about the work. The hardest thing to get use to was working in the cold .
Productive & fun work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2012
Typical work day would be packing orders & moving food prducts around the warehouse
it was a nice place to work also the people was nice
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2012
i worked in the meat shower ran the hot dogs through to make sure everything was clean so the meat can be packaged management was alright some didnt know how to talk to people most times but over all it was ok the hardest part of the job was staying dry because i didnt have any problems with the job at all
Pros
met new people
Cons
breaks was short to be working 10 hours a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dietz and Watson. Our community is ready to answer.

Dietz and Watson Reviews by Location