Dig Inn Employee Reviews

The workplace is fast paced during different time periods and it’s a team player workplace.
Chef in Training (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
There’s been several issues in communication and management doesn’t care for crew concerns unless it concerns the customer service. I started working at 40 hrs being a full time student in College. During winter/summer breaks shifts were decreased to 12-15 hours without warning or any prior conversations. If you have responsibilities, this is not the job for you. There are no promised hours due to consistently getting sent home because management needs to save labor.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No benefits, no hours
I love my co workers
Chef In Training (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2017
Head management could be improved but my GM and store is AMAZING. The customers readily build a bond with us. The atmosphere is very relaxed. I love the food. Especially the Mac and cheese.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
30 min break
It was a different experience..
Market Server, Part Time (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2017
I worked here for awhile it was fun at times but boring most of the time. Basically the team members work hard & the shift managers just waste time. If you don't mind working harder than management then this'll be the perfect job for you.
Pros
Free lunches
it was a great job
Dishwasher/Porter/Prep Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2017
had a lot of hours and it was a growing business, great food and great culture. it doesn't really have a set schedule and management changes up a lot of the time
Pros
hours
Cons
weekly schedule change
Can easily be a long day
Retail Research Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2017
This job requires us to go to our competitors and count the foot traffic that enter that establishment. Once we have the data, we enter it into a spreadsheet and submit it. We have ti write a memo as well.
Invested in the wrong way
Does it Matter now (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 11, 2017
The company transitioned into a corporation feeding investors. The whole mantra of taking care of employees that help elevate restaurants fiscal performance went out the window. As with most reviews here, communication lacks heavily and it feels like walking on eggs shells everyday making you expendable.
Pros
Multicultural
Cons
Too many to mention
Sorry
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2017
I didnt have a great stay at this company . They were not supportive of the employees. The establishments were nice but ran horrible. Manger doing thing they aren't supposed to be doing.
its decent
Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
better for the younger set.
co-workers were ok
communication from up management down is not that great
they claim they have a upward mobility but you have to work to long and hard and not enough money to make it worth it
Pros
free meal
Cons
communication leaves much to be desired
Very good atmosphere and great discounts. The food concept is amazing and I love farm to table. Great service is encouraged, but not always given.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
Good place to start if you never worked in kitchens before. The company is now getting a better training program in place. Dig Inn is over 12 years old, but very young yet in developing their company. When I say young I mean they're just beginning to realize that the employees need incentive sometimes to feel appreciated....
Pros
Discount on products, very light and humorous place to work.
Cons
Very demanding with one's time and not enough compensation or appreciation for your efforts.
its ok i guess
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
they keep you when they need you and send you home when they dont. we were happy when we got raises but shortly after, they cut our hours. your typical cooporation.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benefits, hours arent dependable
Dig in
Market Server (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10022February 5, 2017
Job is very upbeat and has such great potential to become one of the fast food industry leading company's. Workplace culture is very energetic, and constantly are trying to improve you everyday.
Work Sumary
Saute Cook/Grill Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2016
Great experience, very busy store with great managers and staff. I was a salute, grill and prep cook. Most enjoyable part of my job was producing great food as well as learning new things.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
N/a
ok work place
FOOD PREP WORKER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2016
Dig inn was a good expierence showing me alot about cooking and foods i never knew about it could have been better but i didnt really see any room for advancement
productive work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
it was a amazing working experience. working with a different ethnic group was the best . Always punctual and happy fun work space . prepping food was fun sometimes difficult but my customers loved me . the hardest part was leaving but i enjoyed it and made lots of new friends and new networks that paid off in the long run
Pros
free lunch
Cons
small space
Great place for the summer
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2016
You come in probably 15 minutes early to get changed. Get a prep list and complete the high priority tasks first. You'll learned to coo good wholesome food, nothing canned. Management varies, depends on the day and location. Not all managers are bad, some just don't understand that you cant rush cooking food and expect the same quality. Co-workers are awesome. They understand what it's like to work there and they're more than willing to facilitate your questions. The hardest part of the day is not having enough of a food item or the ingredients and are still expected to make it last for the day. You'll like working here for the atmosphere that the company provides.
Pros
Free lunch, room to learn and grow
Cons
Healthcare is sub par, choose an outside source
A place to balance right and wrong
Mi Casita, Isla Verde PR - Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2016
This job has been a good oportunity for me and surely I have enjoyed learning new things in it yet again I believe the management is poor and they are not allowing a self starter employee grow within the company.
Pros
A good starting job for people searching money
Cons
Poor managing decisions
over all it was a great place to meet people
Customer service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2015
i would come in and count the register money we had a set amount that we began with. then before leaving i would help clean and restock. I enjoyed most of my co workers they were very friendly and welcoming. the food was also really good help me make healther food choice
Pros
free lunch
Cons
alot of favoristism, too short hours
Productive and very cultural environment
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Very busy during the hours from 12-2pm, fun environment, well educating with food products and helps you adapt to a better eating lifestyle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dig Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5