Digi-Key Corporation

Digi-Key Corporation Employer Reviews

A company that treats it's employees wonderfully
Supervisor, Order Fulfillment (Former Employee), Thief River Falls, MNNovember 20, 2014
Pros: weekends free
Cons: does not allow transfers to other facilities
The work was not very labor intensive but you did a lot of walking. I learned that big companies can still have a small company feel. The workers here were a great bunch of people. Management here was always willing to listen to you and help you out.
Product Manager, Semiconductor
Product Manager Semiconductor Group (Current Employee), Thief River Falls, MNSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: no promotions
A Product Manger at Digi-Key is basically the liaison between suppliers and Digi-Key. Our job is to build and foster interrelationships with Digi-Key's suppliers, ensure the right parts are stocked, and answer customer concerns on occasion.

Digi-Key has taught me a great deal about the electronic component industry. From the perspective of a distributor, – more... I understand how to put the customer first in all decisions. I've learned how to interact with several different departments both internal and external and I've learned integrity in business.

Your co-workers are also your friends. They talk about Minnesota nice, well, it's alive and well within Digi-Key!

The hardest part of the job is knowing that you most likely won't make upper management. No one has been promoted to upper management in many years. All have come from external.

Conversely, the most enjoyable part of the job is the variety and safety. No layoffs ever and always something new to do and conquer! – less
A Great Place to Work
Director Corporate Quality (Current Employee), Thief River Falls, MNDecember 24, 2013
Pros: healthcare benefits are fantastic
Cons: you have to like small town life
Digi-Key is a large, privately electronics distributor in a small town in Northeast MN. This provides for a unique work environment that is hard to find anywhere else.
Digi-Key Corporation, MN
Java Developer (Current Employee), MnOctober 30, 2013
Project Description
The Corporate Pricing is a Retail application. In which Analyze and Approve Resale Pricing is one of the Use Case which contains the flow of events of Approval Part Pricing, Manual pricing and Analyze Parts.
Fast paced call center for electronics distribution
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thief River Falls, MNJune 4, 2012
Pros: the healthcare benefits
Cons: the timeclock, very strict on punching in and out.
There is no typical day at Digi-Key corporation. The functions are all consistent, but no two calls were alike. I learned patience and that the customer is always right. I strove to deliver 100% customer satisfaction on each and every call. My co-workers were fantastic as well as my managers. It was a close knit team of people who relied on eachother's – more... experiences when someone had a dilemma they couldn't figure out. I really enjoyed that aspect of the job. The teamwork is phenomenal. – less