Digi International Employee Reviews

Great learning experience - esp doing a software conversion
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 10, 2014
My main focus was accounts receivable. Working both with our customers & with the sales dept to keep all account current.
face pace and laid back enviroment with no pressure
SMT Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 8, 2014
Digi International is a great and professional work environment with great employes. i start my day of with a list of jobs that need to be done. Always a spot to move up and offer great training if needed
Pros
15 min breaks
Cons
low pay raise
Interesting place to Work
UNIX MANAGER and SENIOR TECHNICAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 19, 2014
Check all UNIX servers, databes and Users response=time for the main ERP application. Worked with the Engineers and the Customer Web-site. Set-up Disaster Recovery Plan for the UNIX servers and the ERP application.

Disaster Planning, Necessary duties as a Manager, by hiring and firing and writing reviews for employees.

Knowledgeable and engaging.

Team players

Being on-call 24/7

Working with the Digi Engineers and the Customers web-site. Working with DBA and application developers, along with my system administrators. I enjoy sharing my knowledge.
Fun place to work and great employees to work with.
Associate Product Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 12, 2013
Very nice managers.
Improved my communication skills
Great co-workers.
Hardest part is not enough hours
Pros
Free tea, coffee and dish washers in break room.
Cons
Less hours
Best job I ever hade :)
CAD Operator (Former Employee) –  Davis, CANovember 7, 2012
I love my job and the company. I would never leave this company. I would work there for the rest of my life if I could, but with the economic crisis happening , the company was one of the first to down size. My boss an i had a very strong work relationship. He was very encouraging and helped me discover things about myself. I always give my best at work. My team and I also had a solid relationship. We were all able to get along and work on projects together.
Good place to work for people in Minnesota
Western Region Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 21, 2012
Digi is a conservatively run company. Focused on business processes and driven from a product management perspective as opposed to a Sales perspective.

Management can be seen as a tightly knit group with information shared with the field on a "need to know" basis.

The hardest part of the job is working from a remote location without the ability to develop relationships within corporate headquarters easily.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and developing solutions around their expressed needs.
Digi Sales
Sales Representative III (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 7, 2012
A typical day at Digi included daily goals of 30 outbound calls with 10 'positive calls' with customers. Positive calls consisted of a beneficial conversation with a key contact, purchase order obtained or another key contact within the company identified. All of my customers were in the Canadian territory.

The Digi Sales office was a remote office with approximately 35 employees, 3 of which were in Sales. The position was an Inside Sales position with approximately 2-4 weeks per year travel.

My co-workers were good people and we were all supportive of eachother. Management was located in the home office in the midwest and weekly 1-1's would keep us in touch with our manager on a weekly basis.

The hardest part of the job was getting support from other departments in the company, specifically from Operations, Support and Engineering. The most enjoyable part of this position with Digi was working with customers and winning the sale.

Overall, at Digi I learned to be diligent with leads and maintain a consistent effort within the sales process. Customers like to feel that they are your only customer, and when you treat them this way, you can create a long-term relationship with them that will last throughout your career.
Pros
co-workers, hours (8-5), benefits
Cons
no support, lack of communication, lofty goals
Great management and culture
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 27, 2011
Highly focused on the employee. Great management team with a clear business strategy