Digirad Corporation

Digirad Corporation Employer Reviews

Digirad review
Paramedic (Former Employee), Hainesport, NJNovember 11, 2014
Pros: the work hours
Cons: management
I spent weekdays traveling around the tri state are to different cardiology offices doing the cardiac part of nuclear stress studies. I enjoyed working with the patients, co workers, and various offices. My biggest issues was the micromanaging style of our leaders. They were very unprofessional and hostile in their communications with me from the beginning – more... via email, etc. Sadly, there style was very demeaning and accusatory on a regular basis. I only met my bosses a few times, as they live in another state,, thus I hoped for better communication by the and it was the exact opposite. I also felt that they placed me in positions of poor ethics, in which I had been told, " do what you are told and don't questions". I would not recommend this company for service of employment. – less
Welcoming environment with many opportunities to learn
Research and Development Intern (Former Employee), Poway, CAJuly 1, 2014
I learned a lot about R&D, radioactive substance guidelines, and publishing in the corporate sector.
A good company to work for
Echo Tech (Current Employee), Suwanee, GADecember 5, 2013
Very flexible work schedules due to the number of techs and different offices we go to. It is a family first company.
Horrible work environment
Staff Nuclear Medicine Technologist PRN (Former Employee), Novi MISeptember 15, 2013
Pros: there isn't any
Cons: see below
Expected to work 12 to 14 hr shifts with no breaks. Management does not have your back. Offices that you work at are more often rude than not. Expected to work through your lunch. Very stressful work conditions. Pay is low! High turnover! If that isn't enough I was sexually harassed! Run away from this company, it's the worst experience I have ever – more... had in my career! – less
Excellent eqipment
Special technologist (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 13, 2012
Pros: easy handling
Cons: cooling system
Grand technical advancement in Nuclear medicine imaging and excellent quality in acquiring the images and processing the studies for submission.
Discrimination
Nuclear Cardiology Technoligist (Former Employee), Phila, PaDecember 8, 2012
Pros: working independently
Cons: the company does not support their employees
I worked for Digirad years ago. I had good relations with the Cardiologist and the office team. I went out of my way to please them, even with soft pretzel Wednesday that I purchased with my own money for the office staff. I even bought the Cardiologist a floral arrangement, it was Thanksgiving, his wife used it as a centerpiece for Thanksgiving dinner. – more... Then I had to have surgery. I completed all necessary paperwork to take a leave of absence with Digirad. I went for the surgery. Received flowers from the Cardiologist office, got cards, phone calls of their well wishes. I came back after my recovery, but only for a week, then I was let go...The Cardiologist blamed me for a bad study. My immediate supervisor looked at the study, found nothing wrong with it. I saw it, nothing wrong with it. My supervisors boss said, "oh well we have to do what the customer wants" I was still fired. Digirad had nowhere else to send me, so I was out of a job. Found out the young, perky, pretty gal that took my spot had everyone charmed, including the married Doctor. He got rid of me to get her back!! I have recently spoken to a coworker that said that the Doctor had the "hots" for her.
So, apparently Digirad does not stand by their employees. – less

January 22, 2013

yea.. not when it comes between picking you or the doctor.

Horrible place to work
Nuc Tech (Former Employee), MidwestSeptember 25, 2012
Cons: no lunch with long hours-upwards of 12-14 hour days at times with no breaks
Management changes frequently. No stability. Very little room for advancement. This company seems it cannot keep good employees. Trying to hire everyone as PRN so they don't have to pay benefits or overtime. Management has NO respect for its employees. A miserable experience at best.
Horrible place to work
Nuclear Med Tech (Former Employee), MidwestSeptember 11, 2012
Cons: no breaks, no job security, horrible management.
They hire everyone as PRN so no one gets benefits. The days you work there are no breaks or lunch. The supervisors and business directors treat you like stuff on the bottom of their shoes. There is no job security or advancement.
terrible work enviroment
NUC MED Tech (Former Employee), CaliforniaJuly 28, 2012
This company is a terrible company to work for. The pay sucks! They know the market is bad and they take advantage of it.
Great Company with Good Management Team
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee), NCJune 5, 2012
Pros: supportive management team, challenging work, benefits
Cons: job security, road warrior travel, long days in the field
I worked on the clinical side of the business with Digirad Imaging Solutions. The work was challenging, yet very rewarding. I enjoyed working with leading edge technical equipment, and interacting day to day with various physicians, nurses and paramedics. Working with cardiac patients every day was the most rewarding aspect of the job.

I found Senior – more... Management to be very supportive the majority of the time. I truly enjoyed working with my co-workers and networking with those in the corporate office. Digirad has hired some of the best thought leaders in the business to spearhead their detector technology and development sector.

The clinical imaging environment has changed a great deal during my tenure, so I have seen the company issue hiring freezes, large scale layoffs and benefit reductions. Job security always seemed to be questionable, due to the ever changing landscape of the healthcare sector.

Overall, Digirad is a great place to work. They have grown from a small private company, to a publicly traded leader in the medical imaging industry. – less
A great place to work if like traveling.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2012
Pros: pay is good.
Cons: virginia traffic.
I liked almost everything about traveling except going to Virginia. Most of the management are guys you don't give women a chance.
Great place to work if you enjoy travel & working in different offices
Cardiac Stress Test Tech (Current Employee), Tinley Park, ILMarch 21, 2012
Pros: travel
Cons: no lunches, no breaks, long days.
Our area in particular has cut hours on different staff members & i just don't feel as safe as I used to at my job. I need more stability.