Digirad

Digirad Employee Reviews

Great place to work as a team player!
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 4, 2015
The environment surrounding mobile ultrasound is fast paced and difficult. In order to work in that setting you have to be willing to be a team player. This company promotes everything about having great teamwork! The management is supportive with allowing all employees to work together to take care of all of the doctors and patients on a daily basis. It all comes back to teamwork! If you are a team player and enjoy working with other team players, this is the best place to work!!
Pros
Positive work enviornment!
Don't waste your time. You'll hate this place
Cardiac Stress Technician (Current Employee) –  Hainesport, NJAugust 27, 2015
First, the CST job requires long days on your feet. The pay is substandard, and the management incompetent. I've been here as a CST, and have been accused of wrong doing on days I wasn't working. I always had to let HR know about the constant harassment by management. The training is subpar, and you are left to figure out the job on your own. And then you will punished for making a mistake on paper work. The management is rude and sends pretentious emails. Many times I nearly walked off the job because of the nasty accusatory emails. They change the schedule without notice. As a result, you cannot plan family time or have another job. If you're a paramedic, stay on the truck. You will hate this job and company. Just don't do it!
Pros
Cons
the entire job
Good job for new techs
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2015
Basic cardiac nuclear medicine. The worst part of the job is the constant travel and ever changing schedule. No weekends or call required.
Pros
simple job
Cons
travel
BAD PLACE
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 3, 2015
DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT WORKING HERE! Extremely unorganized and bad management. Doctors complain about their service every time they used them. You will get a bad image once you tell them you worked for Digirad. More and more doctors are staying away from this company due to their management. They cannot keep their staff for over a year because the management sucks.
Great place to start my ultrasound career.
Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMay 16, 2015
I am a vascular and Echo Technician work with outpatient hospital and clinic. I had learned, enjoyed and gained a lot of experience working with Digirad Corporation almost three years. I had a good co-worker, we always team work help each other.
Pros
One hour lunch pay.
Great place to work at if you are happy where you are.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 13, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy working for Digirad. The management here in Florida is phenomenal. I couldn't ask to work with anyone better. I feel I have never been asked to do something that hasn't already been done by themselves. I also feel they are very impartial in regards to giving out tasks to various individuals. I do not like how there really isn't much room for advancement. You get what you get. I also feel it is a job for someone who wants to do the same test repeatedly day in and day out. It is definitely purely cardiac in nature. This again is not a bad thing, just something to think about if applying for the job, You also have to be alright with getting up early and driving a lot. All of these "cons" were explained before I took the job, therefore they are not necessarily complaints. I love having every night and weekend off. Paid holidays for full time employees are also a plus. I feel Digirad does what it needs to do to make the customer and the customers patients happy. I feel they will be a competitive company in the field of mobile nuclear cardiology for years to come.
Enjoy working for this company
CST - Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCFebruary 10, 2015
Completely enjoy doing this work since leaving the EMS field. This field allows me the opportunity and benefit of knowing I made a difference for someone else health wise.
Digirad review
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Hainesport, NJNovember 11, 2014
I spent weekdays traveling around the tri state are to different cardiology offices doing the cardiac part of nuclear stress studies. I enjoyed working with the patients, co workers, and various offices. My biggest issues was the micromanaging style of our leaders. They were very unprofessional and hostile in their communications with me from the beginning via email, etc. Sadly, there style was very demeaning and accusatory on a regular basis. I only met my bosses a few times, as they live in another state,, thus I hoped for better communication by the and it was the exact opposite. I also felt that they placed me in positions of poor ethics, in which I had been told, " do what you are told and don't questions". I would not recommend this company for service of employment.
Pros
the work hours
Cons
management
Welcoming environment with many opportunities to learn
Research and Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJuly 1, 2014
I learned a lot about R&D, radioactive substance guidelines, and publishing in the corporate sector.
A good company to work for
Echo Tech (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GADecember 5, 2013
Very flexible work schedules due to the number of techs and different offices we go to. It is a family first company.
Horrible work environment
Staff Nuclear Medicine Technologist PRN (Former Employee) –  Novi MISeptember 15, 2013
Expected to work 12 to 14 hr shifts with no breaks. Management does not have your back. Offices that you work at are more often rude than not. Expected to work through your lunch. Very stressful work conditions. Pay is low! High turnover! If that isn't enough I was sexually harassed! Run away from this company, it's the worst experience I have ever had in my career!
Pros
there isn't any
Cons
see below
Excellent eqipment
Special technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2012
Grand technical advancement in Nuclear medicine imaging and excellent quality in acquiring the images and processing the studies for submission.
Pros
easy handling
Cons
cooling system
Discrimination
Nuclear Cardiology Technoligist (Former Employee) –  Phila, PaDecember 8, 2012
I worked for Digirad years ago. I had good relations with the Cardiologist and the office team. I went out of my way to please them, even with soft pretzel Wednesday that I purchased with my own money for the office staff. I even bought the Cardiologist a floral arrangement, it was Thanksgiving, his wife used it as a centerpiece for Thanksgiving dinner. Then I had to have surgery. I completed all necessary paperwork to take a leave of absence with Digirad. I went for the surgery. Received flowers from the Cardiologist office, got cards, phone calls of their well wishes. I came back after my recovery, but only for a week, then I was let go...The Cardiologist blamed me for a bad study. My immediate supervisor looked at the study, found nothing wrong with it. I saw it, nothing wrong with it. My supervisors boss said, "oh well we have to do what the customer wants" I was still fired. Digirad had nowhere else to send me, so I was out of a job. Found out the young, perky, pretty gal that took my spot had everyone charmed, including the married Doctor. He got rid of me to get her back!! I have recently spoken to a coworker that said that the Doctor had the "hots" for her.
So, apparently Digirad does not stand by their employees.
Pros
working independently
Cons
the company does not support their employees

Comment – January 22, 2013

yea.. not when it comes between picking you or the doctor.

Horrible place to work
Nuc Tech (Former Employee) –  MidwestSeptember 25, 2012
Management changes frequently. No stability. Very little room for advancement. This company seems it cannot keep good employees. Trying to hire everyone as PRN so they don't have to pay benefits or overtime. Management has NO respect for its employees. A miserable experience at best.
Cons
no lunch with long hours-upwards of 12-14 hour days at times with no breaks
Horrible place to work
Nuclear Med Tech (Former Employee) –  MidwestSeptember 11, 2012
They hire everyone as PRN so no one gets benefits. The days you work there are no breaks or lunch. The supervisors and business directors treat you like stuff on the bottom of their shoes. There is no job security or advancement.
Cons
no breaks, no job security, horrible management.
terrible work enviroment
NUC MED Tech (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 28, 2012
This company is a terrible company to work for. The pay sucks! They know the market is bad and they take advantage of it.
Great Company with Good Management Team
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  NCJune 5, 2012
I worked on the clinical side of the business with Digirad Imaging Solutions. The work was challenging, yet very rewarding. I enjoyed working with leading edge technical equipment, and interacting day to day with various physicians, nurses and paramedics. Working with cardiac patients every day was the most rewarding aspect of the job.

I found Senior Management to be very supportive the majority of the time. I truly enjoyed working with my co-workers and networking with those in the corporate office. Digirad has hired some of the best thought leaders in the business to spearhead their detector technology and development sector.

The clinical imaging environment has changed a great deal during my tenure, so I have seen the company issue hiring freezes, large scale layoffs and benefit reductions. Job security always seemed to be questionable, due to the ever changing landscape of the healthcare sector.

Overall, Digirad is a great place to work. They have grown from a small private company, to a publicly traded leader in the medical imaging industry.
Pros
supportive management team, challenging work, benefits
Cons
job security, road warrior travel, long days in the field
A great place to work if like traveling.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2012
I liked almost everything about traveling except going to Virginia. Most of the management are guys you don't give women a chance.
Pros
pay is good.
Cons
virginia traffic.
Great place to work if you enjoy travel & working in different offices
Cardiac Stress Test Tech (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILMarch 21, 2012
Our area in particular has cut hours on different staff members & i just don't feel as safe as I used to at my job. I need more stability.
Pros
travel
Cons
no lunches, no breaks, long days.

2.7