Digirad Employee Reviews

This job is god awful
NMT (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 30, 2016
This is the worst job ever. They make you sign a non-complete in which you will not able to work in this field for 2 years. The management jeopardize your job security with accounts daily and when the accounts get upset the management blames you. You never have time to do things that need to be taken care of at home and you always driving no matter the amount of sleep you had
Pros
money
Cons
everything else- not kidding
Worst place I ever worked!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNSeptember 29, 2016
This company is constantly under staffed and employees are frequently threatened via email. No opportunity for advancement and upper management only gives empty promises for improvements. Most days unable to get breaks and there is not fair or equal treatment among employees.
Pros
Cons
Too understaffed
Horrible Management and Work Environment!
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 19, 2016
Digirad is only interested in making money for the shareholders. They don't care about their employees. Management will not be truthful to you. Long hours, less pay, heavy lifting of camera systems, inconsistent work, clients canceling, management canceling you for no reason. Run away from this company or you will regret!
Pros
Some overtime.
Cons
No breaks, long hours, no lunch, expected to work until patients are finished.
Worst Job Experience I have Ever Had...
Cardiac Stress Technician (Former Employee) –  Wyckoff, NJSeptember 9, 2016
Hired for Orlando Position...Interviewed in Orlando. Recruiter explained NJ was where I was needed and asked if I would relocate.

I wanted to show my dedication by moving and taking the NJ position. Digirad offered no compensation for the move. A move I made within 48 hours and reported for my first day within 72 hours.

Digirad has you sign your life away to include even if their paycheck bounces..Their payroll company will seize funds in your account and you are held liable...

Cut houjrs from guaranteed in Orlando 6 days a week 60-72 hours to what was referred to as the "G-64" policy meaning...you can only earn 64 hours in a two week pay period.

I asked to be transferred to Orlando now that I could not afford my bills do to this policy and having to be available 6 days a week only to be told I wasn't eligible for a promotion.

Everyone hated everybody. I received threats for sending an inspirational, positive message when asked how to change the discord in our hub/region...

Left company...Forced to move back to FL losing thousands of dollars in travel, hotels, etc...Company just did not care. Terrible way to treat anyone as this treatment will certainly flow to work performance and handling nuclear material and medics responsible for emergencies...It was a mix I wanted no part of.
Pros
Cons
Lies, No Breaks, Don't Care, Cut Hours, Have to be available 6 days.
A great place to work
Senior Systems Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMarch 16, 2017
I loved this company with its friendly atmsophere and family orieited values. i wish i could have retired here but with the fiscal issues that this company encountered do to market trends it was a shame that it is what it is today. great product great company if you can get on..
Pros
family values without the hubbab and fake niceties that other companies have
Cons
market share forced to shrink work force
Digirad
Lead Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2017
This is a good place to work just very face paced and limited breaks. The is a team enviroment at this company and you are never in the same location two days in a row
Worst job and company ever.
Staff technologist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2016
Had to work 14 hour days with no lunch or break. Management is terrible, they don't support the employees and don't have your back. Had to be willing to travel and drive long distances to get enough scheduled days. I was sexually harassed at this job. Boys club culture. HR is not helpful in supporting techs from harassment. Terrible corporate culture who turns their backs on employees. Worst job I've had in 22 years of being a tech. They have a terrible reputation and it will follow you in the field.
Cons
Great place to work at if you are happy where you are.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 13, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy working for Digirad. The management here in Florida is phenomenal. I couldn't ask to work with anyone better. I feel I have never been asked to do something that hasn't already been done by themselves. I also feel they are very impartial in regards to giving out tasks to various individuals. I do not like how there really isn't much room for advancement. You get what you get. I also feel it is a job for someone who wants to do the same test repeatedly day in and day out. It is definitely purely cardiac in nature. This again is not a bad thing, just something to think about if applying for the job, You also have to be alright with getting up early and driving a lot. All of these "cons" were explained before I took the job, therefore they are not necessarily complaints. I love having every night and weekend off. Paid holidays for full time employees are also a plus. I feel Digirad does what it needs to do to make the customer and the customers patients happy. I feel they will be a competitive company in the field of mobile nuclear cardiology for years to come.
Horrible place to work
Nuc Tech (Former Employee) –  MidwestSeptember 25, 2012
Management changes frequently. No stability. Very little room for advancement. This company seems it cannot keep good employees. Trying to hire everyone as PRN so they don't have to pay benefits or overtime. Management has NO respect for its employees. A miserable experience at best.
Cons
no lunch with long hours-upwards of 12-14 hour days at times with no breaks
Great Company with Good Management Team
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  NCJune 5, 2012
I worked on the clinical side of the business with Digirad Imaging Solutions. The work was challenging, yet very rewarding. I enjoyed working with leading edge technical equipment, and interacting day to day with various physicians, nurses and paramedics. Working with cardiac patients every day was the most rewarding aspect of the job.

I found Senior Management to be very supportive the majority of the time. I truly enjoyed working with my co-workers and networking with those in the corporate office. Digirad has hired some of the best thought leaders in the business to spearhead their detector technology and development sector.

The clinical imaging environment has changed a great deal during my tenure, so I have seen the company issue hiring freezes, large scale layoffs and benefit reductions. Job security always seemed to be questionable, due to the ever changing landscape of the healthcare sector.

Overall, Digirad is a great place to work. They have grown from a small private company, to a publicly traded leader in the medical imaging industry.
Pros
supportive management team, challenging work, benefits
Cons
job security, road warrior travel, long days in the field
Horrible place to work
Nuclear Med Tech (Former Employee) –  MidwestSeptember 11, 2012
They hire everyone as PRN so no one gets benefits. The days you work there are no breaks or lunch. The supervisors and business directors treat you like stuff on the bottom of their shoes. There is no job security or advancement.
Cons
no breaks, no job security, horrible management.
Don't waste your time. You'll hate this place
Cardiac Stress Technician (Current Employee) –  Hainesport, NJAugust 27, 2015
First, the CST job requires long days on your feet. The pay is substandard, and the management incompetent. I've been here as a CST, and have been accused of wrong doing on days I wasn't working. I always had to let HR know about the constant harassment by management. The training is subpar, and you are left to figure out the job on your own. And then you will punished for making a mistake on paper work. The management is rude and sends pretentious emails. Many times I nearly walked off the job because of the nasty accusatory emails. They change the schedule without notice. As a result, you cannot plan family time or have another job. If you're a paramedic, stay on the truck. You will hate this job and company. Just don't do it!
Pros
Cons
the entire job
Great place to work as a team player!
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 4, 2015
The environment surrounding mobile ultrasound is fast paced and difficult. In order to work in that setting you have to be willing to be a team player. This company promotes everything about having great teamwork! The management is supportive with allowing all employees to work together to take care of all of the doctors and patients on a daily basis. It all comes back to teamwork! If you are a team player and enjoy working with other team players, this is the best place to work!!
Pros
Positive work enviornment!
Horrible work environment
Staff Nuclear Medicine Technologist PRN (Former Employee) –  Novi MISeptember 15, 2013
Expected to work 12 to 14 hr shifts with no breaks. Management does not have your back. Offices that you work at are more often rude than not. Expected to work through your lunch. Very stressful work conditions. Pay is low! High turnover! If that isn't enough I was sexually harassed! Run away from this company, it's the worst experience I have ever had in my career!
Pros
There isn't any
Cons
See below
Digirad review
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Hainesport, NJNovember 11, 2014
I spent weekdays traveling around the tri state are to different cardiology offices doing the cardiac part of nuclear stress studies. I enjoyed working with the patients, co workers, and various offices. My biggest issues was the micromanaging style of our leaders. They were very unprofessional and hostile in their communications with me from the beginning via email, etc. Sadly, there style was very demeaning and accusatory on a regular basis. I only met my bosses a few times, as they live in another state,, thus I hoped for better communication by the and it was the exact opposite. I also felt that they placed me in positions of poor ethics, in which I had been told, " do what you are told and don't questions". I would not recommend this company for service of employment.
Pros
The work hours
Highly Independent work environment
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAApril 13, 2016
Arrive early for quality assurance on equipment, calibrate equipment and radiopharmaceuticals, load equipment into van and depart for designated office for the day.
Pros
Independent and/or team work
Bad place
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 3, 2015
DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT WORKING HERE! Extremely unorganized and bad management. Doctors complain about their service every time they used them. You will get a bad image once you tell them you worked for Digirad. More and more doctors are staying away from this company due to their management. They cannot keep their staff for over a year because the management sucks.
Discrimination
Nuclear Cardiology Technoligist (Former Employee) –  Phila, PaDecember 8, 2012
I worked for Digirad years ago. I had good relations with the Cardiologist and the office team. I went out of my way to please them, even with soft pretzel Wednesday that I purchased with my own money for the office staff. I even bought the Cardiologist a floral arrangement, it was Thanksgiving, his wife used it as a centerpiece for Thanksgiving dinner. Then I had to have surgery. I completed all necessary paperwork to take a leave of absence with Digirad. I went for the surgery. Received flowers from the Cardiologist office, got cards, phone calls of their well wishes. I came back after my recovery, but only for a week, then I was let go...The Cardiologist blamed me for a bad study. My immediate supervisor looked at the study, found nothing wrong with it. I saw it, nothing wrong with it. My supervisors boss said, "oh well we have to do what the customer wants" I was still fired. Digirad had nowhere else to send me, so I was out of a job. Found out the young, perky, pretty gal that took my spot had everyone charmed, including the married Doctor. He got rid of me to get her back!! I have recently spoken to a coworker that said that the Doctor had the "hots" for her.
So, apparently Digirad does not stand by their employees.
Pros
working independently
Cons
the company does not support their employees
A great place to work if like traveling.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2012
I liked almost everything about traveling except going to Virginia. Most of the management are guys you don't give women a chance.
Pros
pay is good.
Cons
virginia traffic.
Excellent eqipment
Special technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2012
Grand technical advancement in Nuclear medicine imaging and excellent quality in acquiring the images and processing the studies for submission.
Pros
easy handling
Cons
cooling system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Digirad. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6