Digirad Employee Reviews

Horrible environment
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GADecember 4, 2017
By far absolute waste of time even applying here. A lot of lies and deception. Actual duties were not what I was hired for. Staff and management were very rude and unprofessional.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Being an employee
Deception and failure to communicate
Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 27, 2017
This is THE worst company I have ever been involved with. Their primary focus is purely financial gain. They are praying upon our elderly community and promoting a service in which they are ill equipped to handle. They are fraudulently billing Medicare for services they are unable to provide. Claiming to be “partners” with out of state physicians that seem to have no desire to be connected. This is immoral in every sense of the word and should be stopped immediately.
Pros
They pay for your silence
Cons
Being an employee
Horrible
Technician (Current Employee) –  North East, PAOctober 17, 2017
The majority of the reviews you see that are positive are from management attempting to make the company look appealing. Almost everyone currently working here is looking for another job. Schedule changes without notice 10 hours before your shift and you're responsible to check the schedule the night before to see if you have been put on or taken off. You are expected to be available Monday-Saturday so do not plan on making appointments or plans during the week unless you take PTO. There is no chance for advancement. Supervisors will bend over backwards for doctors meanwhile techs will be to drive 3+ hours to an account just to work on 5 patients then drive 3+ hours back home just to come in to work at 5am there next day. Avoid this company at all costs. Not worth the stress.
Pros
Can't think of much
My experience at Digirad
SENIOR BUYER/PLANNER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2017
The product line Digirad developed was a state of the art MRI equipment that provided customers a more comfortable experience during a very stressful time. It was great working for a company with many creative thinkers!
Digirad
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAAugust 18, 2017
Great company to work for. Great advancement opportunties. Care about their employees. Communication was good between employees and employee. Training provided for jobs.
Over worked!
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2017
This company has no concern of your personal life, at all. Drive time =2 hr + get there early to set up and then take down= 1 hour, 8 hour work ( scanning patients every 30 min @ full protocol, solve all your own IT issues, take all ad on patients, perform 3 modalities, minimum pay, horrible reporting system, schedule changes daily, no back you up when you need it, critical critiques over minimum issues) then do reports for hours every night. Work= 70+ hours minimum, paid an average , just starting career salary. company car .., embarrassing to drive! Hideous actually! Use your own phone and hot spot often to transfer studies, no reimbursements.

Clinical Director, Atlanta. Ambrose.. Amazing! But not there any more.. he was the only good ..
Pros
Cons
Body pain, work day and night, plans always changing the night before at midnight, low pay, high demands, embarrassing vehicles!
Interesting place to work, good impressions
Rgional Coordinator, Western Region (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJuly 25, 2017
This was a job where I took on a great deal of responsibility; dealt with a completely new environment. The VP of Operations from my last position brought me here when he joined. I really enjoyed working with both the staff and accounts, I learned a lot about people and how to juggle what everyone wanted or needed. Management in the regions were often difficult to reach, so I was on a first call basis with a great number of accounts; had an excellent relationship with them. The hardest part of the job was making an account unhappy when their scheduled day needed to be canceled or switched due to either staffing or isotope shortage issues. I learned not to take much personally. The workplace culture overall was good; people were mainly positive and it was a good place to work. They were very flexible with my schedule, allowing me to work half days from home so I could pick up my children after school. Then the company began making changes, I believe in an effort to save money. Branches were consolidated and sold off. Layoffs began, I was part of 1 of 3 75 person reduction in force. Then the company as a whole moved to Atlanta, GA, where I have no idea how they are doing now.
Pros
They tried to create good environment for staff with parties and picnics, etc.
Cons
Difficult to reach upper management at times when their attention was necessary
Overworked and greatly underpaid
NMT (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJuly 18, 2017
There is no recognition for excellent performance, only constant reprimands for working 60+ hours a week. There is no choice in working that much, short staffed constantly creates extreme amount of mandatory overtime. The salaries are not even close to the minimum salary in the area at other facilities. Immediate supervisor is great, above him they are terrible. Promoting destination work place but not doing anything to make it one. Only work here if there are no other options for you.
Pros
No call or weekends
Cons
No lunch breaks, 14-15 hr days 4-5 days a week
A lot of great and friendly employees
Senior Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMay 15, 2017
*managed biweekly multiple state payroll with ADP systems
*supervise a Payroll Specialist

-orkplace culture: friendly employees
-he hardest part of the job: seeing employees being laid off without notice
- the most enjoyable part: paying employees on time and accurately
Pros
Great employees
Cons
financially unstable
Exciting and state of the art mentality
Chief Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 2, 2017
A typical day is going to different physicians offices and setting up mobile nuclear medicine equipment to perform heart scans. Digirad lease the mobile equipment to physicians all around the country on a daily basis.
A great place to work
Senior Systems Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMarch 16, 2017
I loved this company with its friendly atmsophere and family orieited values. i wish i could have retired here but with the fiscal issues that this company encountered do to market trends it was a shame that it is what it is today. great product great company if you can get on..
Pros
family values without the hubbab and fake niceties that other companies have
Cons
market share forced to shrink work force
Digirad
Lead Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2017
This is a good place to work just very face paced and limited breaks. The is a team enviroment at this company and you are never in the same location two days in a row
This job is god awful
NMT (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 30, 2016
This is the worst job ever. They make you sign a non-complete in which you will not able to work in this field for 2 years. The management jeopardize your job security with accounts daily and when the accounts get upset the management blames you. You never have time to do things that need to be taken care of at home and you always driving no matter the amount of sleep you had
Pros
money
Cons
everything else- not kidding
Worst place I ever worked!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNSeptember 29, 2016
This company is constantly under staffed and employees are frequently threatened via email. No opportunity for advancement and upper management only gives empty promises for improvements. Most days unable to get breaks and there is not fair or equal treatment among employees.
Pros
Cons
Too understaffed
Worst Job Experience I have Ever Had...
Cardiac Stress Technician (Former Employee) –  Wyckoff, NJSeptember 9, 2016
Hired for Orlando Position...Interviewed in Orlando. Recruiter explained NJ was where I was needed and asked if I would relocate.

I wanted to show my dedication by moving and taking the NJ position. Digirad offered no compensation for the move. A move I made within 48 hours and reported for my first day within 72 hours.

Digirad has you sign your life away to include even if their paycheck bounces..Their payroll company will seize funds in your account and you are held liable...

Cut houjrs from guaranteed in Orlando 6 days a week 60-72 hours to what was referred to as the "G-64" policy meaning...you can only earn 64 hours in a two week pay period.

I asked to be transferred to Orlando now that I could not afford my bills do to this policy and having to be available 6 days a week only to be told I wasn't eligible for a promotion.

Everyone hated everybody. I received threats for sending an inspirational, positive message when asked how to change the discord in our hub/region...

Left company...Forced to move back to FL losing thousands of dollars in travel, hotels, etc...Company just did not care. Terrible way to treat anyone as this treatment will certainly flow to work performance and handling nuclear material and medics responsible for emergencies...It was a mix I wanted no part of.
Pros
Cons
Lies, No Breaks, Don't Care, Cut Hours, Have to be available 6 days.
Horrible Management and Work Environment!
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 19, 2016
Digirad is only interested in making money for the shareholders. They don't care about their employees. Management will not be truthful to you. Long hours, less pay, heavy lifting of camera systems, inconsistent work, clients canceling, management canceling you for no reason. Run away from this company or you will regret!
Pros
Some overtime.
Cons
No breaks, long hours, no lunch, expected to work until patients are finished.
Highly Independent work environment
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAApril 13, 2016
Arrive early for quality assurance on equipment, calibrate equipment and radiopharmaceuticals, load equipment into van and depart for designated office for the day.
Pros
Independent and/or team work
Worst job and company ever.
Staff technologist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2016
Had to work 14 hour days with no lunch or break. Management is terrible, they don't support the employees and don't have your back. Had to be willing to travel and drive long distances to get enough scheduled days. I was sexually harassed at this job. Boys club culture. HR is not helpful in supporting techs from harassment. Terrible corporate culture who turns their backs on employees. Worst job I've had in 22 years of being a tech. They have a terrible reputation and it will follow you in the field.
Cons
Great place to work as a team player!
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 4, 2015
The environment surrounding mobile ultrasound is fast paced and difficult. In order to work in that setting you have to be willing to be a team player. This company promotes everything about having great teamwork! The management is supportive with allowing all employees to work together to take care of all of the doctors and patients on a daily basis. It all comes back to teamwork! If you are a team player and enjoy working with other team players, this is the best place to work!!
Pros
Positive work enviornment!
Don't waste your time. You'll hate this place
Cardiac Stress Technician (Current Employee) –  Hainesport, NJAugust 27, 2015
First, the CST job requires long days on your feet. The pay is substandard, and the management incompetent. I've been here as a CST, and have been accused of wrong doing on days I wasn't working. I always had to let HR know about the constant harassment by management. The training is subpar, and you are left to figure out the job on your own. And then you will punished for making a mistake on paper work. The management is rude and sends pretentious emails. Many times I nearly walked off the job because of the nasty accusatory emails. They change the schedule without notice. As a result, you cannot plan family time or have another job. If you're a paramedic, stay on the truck. You will hate this job and company. Just don't do it!
Pros
Cons
the entire job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Digirad. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7