Digital Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Overall good place to work if you love to help people.
Information Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAAugust 17, 2017
An ideal place to work for the person who would rather help members over the phone. Flexibility in schedule meant that you could have others cover your shift or work favorable hours.
Sales were too much of a focus and was quite challenging. Great training and feedback from team leaders or supervisors. Fun activities within departments spiced up the work environment.
Pros
Benefits, Free Lunch, Flexibility
Cons
Little room for growth and advancement. Too much focus on sales goals.
Working while in undergrad program
Teller (Former Employee) –  Littleton, MAJuly 14, 2017
They had the perfect amount of hours and work days for a college student. Once I completed school and was looking for full time they didn't have any openings and had to find work elsewhere.
Pros
Great Colleagues, good work environment
Cons
Lower end on average wages
It is a professional, productive, and fast paced work environment.
COLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJuly 12, 2017
A typical day at work at Digital Federal Credit Union consists of handling many members accounts with professionalism, consistent, reliable work ethic in a enjoyable setting.
A people centered organization with an excellent work/life balance.
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 4, 2017
The company provides a friendly environment where each one works as part of a team to achieve the desired results. In order to emphasize teamwork, there is an equal profit share offered to each employee at the end of every year.
Pros
Free food fridays every once a month, a free family outing to Canobie Lake park every year
Cons
Limited job advancement opportunities given the size of the organization.
A great job
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 24, 2017
Overall, I loved working at DCU. The management cares, there's room for growth, you receive stable hours, and they give you quality training. The pay is good!
Pros
Great company but stressful environment
Consumer Loans Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 10, 2017
The pay and schedule there were great, but some aspects of it weren't as great. They put you through good and long corporate training, but the hands on job specific training isn't as extensive. Every call is different so often you'd get a unique situation, yet the supervisors would act annoyed if any questions were asked. Working somewhere without a supportive manager can just be exhausting.
Good place to intern at
Collections Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 4, 2017
Relaxed place to work at with fun people. Good atmosphere for interns as they have a good training program that will allow you to get hands on experience in whatever department you're in.
Great Place
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Littleton, MA 01460April 2, 2017
Great work environment, great benefits and people. Good room for growth. Amazing HR and training staff. You'll take a lot of classes to learn more, but they are fun and very educational
Great
Teller/Member Service (Former Employee) –  NHMarch 21, 2017
won't speak to the quality of the teachers here, but I want to make a quick comment about the administration. They are not reliable nor responsive. Do not trust them to carry through without constant followup by the customer. Think twice here.
Great Culture and Benefits
Employee (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAFebruary 21, 2017
I can't say enough great things about the benefits and how focused we are on our member experience. The employees are amazing and are often times asked to do more with less. Folks seem to be underpaid across the board but it seems as though management has started to recognize the problem and started to recognize the need for additional staff and reward employee performance better. Hopefully this trend continues
Productive motivational team members, frequent sales contests, fun, friendly enviornment
Member Service Representative / Loan Originations (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 3, 2016
Easily the hardest part of the job was leaving it. the best part of the job was meeting new people and offering our unbeatable products.
So not only was it a banking job, we were primed to offer the best products on the block !!
it was a great environment, many times busy and yet rewarding. my manager was extremely flexible with schedule and family time. Coworkers were fun, enthusiastic and helpful. Most enjoyable was building relationships with members and maintaining the loyalty and commitment to them. I miss it so much, and was offered to return at any time :)

What have I learned: I've learned empathy and the true meaning of people helping people :)
Productive Fun Place to Work with Game/TV Lounge Room & Gym
Auto Recovery Account Manager‬ (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 2, 2016
• A TYPICAL DAY: Started at 8:00am at my desk listening to voicemails, checking/following up e-mails and phone calls, working my accounts and helping the department close their accounts, as well as serving as a team lead senior associate. Lunch was at 12:00pm and then I was off by 5:00pm.

• WHAT I LEARNED: I learned how to make quick, sound decisions while being a super duper multi-tasker in a fast paced environment.

• MY CO-WORKERS: My immediate co-workers sat near my desk and were very essential and supportive in getting my tasks completed from start to finish.

• MANAGEMENT: My supervisor and upper management trusted my judgement and gave autonomy on all my account decisions.

• THE HARDEST PART: Although, I loved working at DCU the earning potential was the hardest part for me to accept. While I was working there I completed my MBA and after 5 years of being with the company I moved to Las Vegas for a higher position.

• WHAT I LOVED: I absolutely loved the culture at DCU. The HR department always went above and beyond to create contests, fun team building games and workshops. It made me feel like I was working in a big playground and the moral was positive and I felt appreciated.
Great benefits
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 14, 2016
DCU is a great place to work overall, advance into higher positions as you can with great benefits. Management can be unfair depending.
Productive and Interesting
Senior Android Developer (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 10, 2016
Good team with pleasant team members where you're skills can come to test. very challenging and really fun to work, creating innovative features to make the app more flexible.
Great place and wonderful leaders
Information Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MASeptember 30, 2016
Amazing place to work and learn about the banking industry. The management is very knowledgeable on all aspects of the calls.
Great culture, lots of great people.
Auto Loan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAApril 19, 2016
DCU is more like an extended family than a workplace. They allow casual dress throughout the week and have meals and events throughout the month. last halloween they brought a bouncy house for all the employees. Their head office has a game room for breaks and lunch. DCU is a credit union, so the compensation isn't as good as at a larger bank. But its a tradeoff most employees make.
Pros
Cheap lunches, Parties, Friendly people
Cons
Low compensation.
Good Place to work
Teller/Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 9, 2016
My day was very busy helping out members/non members that would come in to get help to either open an account of help on their current account.
Productive and Fun work place
Dispute Analyst (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 8, 2016
I've been working with DCU for about 5 years and it's always been a family working environment. They have great benefits to offer their employees. They give plenty of training, support and opportunities to advance.
Pros
Annual bonus
What a great company
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 4, 2016
DCU is an awesome company from the perspective of a member as well as an employee. The benefits are well worth it including pay, vacation time, freebies, and importantly, enjoying what you do and who you do it with. Every week I learn something new and truly feel that my skills are being put to good use.
Ok
Financial Consulting Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MADecember 2, 2015
Ok place to work if you are just starting out in the banking industry. Good people average pay. Mostly call center or retail positions
Pros
free lunches
benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Digital Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4