Digital Insurance Employee Reviews

Deceiving & Unstable
COMMISSIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2015
The thing is, this company is like a tall glass of ice water on a VERY hot day but with a small drop of poison in it. Completely discourages you from drinking, right? I loved plenty but the one thing I disliked completely overpowers all that was great. If you end up with one of the good managers, good for you. But if you end up on the Commissions/Cash Apps team, pray that you are not one who the manager is threatened by or keep your desk bare and don't bother with family photos. She is a horrible Manager and a horrible person. Very rude, unprofessional and dishonest. Don't expect help from HR. The Director will gladly tell you he has a file full of complaints on her but they are friends and she has been there for over 10 years. She made me bitter about the company as a whole and if they were in another state, she would be the cause of many lawsuits. The Director of Finance ( really just a data entry Manager for cash applications) would never survive with another company. Better me to leave than her because I have much more knowledge and skill and can always find something. But her, not so much. Take a job with them if it's under any other department. Otherwise, RUN! Unless of course you enjoy catering to your manager's ego and dumbing yourself down ALOT to not appear as a threat. I did for awhile, but why be a punching bag when you can own the gym?
Good luck!
Pros
Great Actors and Actresses
Cons
The worst HR support and Management EVER
Great Place to work
Senior Benefits Consultant & Account Management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2015
In the 7-years of employment with Digital Insurance, I can say this is a wonderful place to call work. The leadership/management team headed by Adam Bruckman is superb.

While the daily activities and work is challenging, everyone collaborates and helps each other. We work hard and play hard.
Pros
Culture is second to none
Cons
growth has changed the business model resulting in the elimination of certain roles
Policy Renewals Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2014
The company is family oriented and willing to work with employees to help them with balancing work and life.
Excellete
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2014
I loved working for this company. AS my first job, it gave me lead way into find that niche I needed to getting started In the healthcare industry.
Relaxed workplace
Senior Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2014
Young and laid-back atmosphere to work in. Payday breakfast bi-monthly. Depending on job and your location there is an option to work from home or relocate to another state.
Sweatshop
Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  AtlantaApril 7, 2014
Excessive workload, expectation to work unpaid evening and weekend hours, salary was decent as were the benefits, but management played favorites, and the place is constantly understaffed due to high burnout/high turnover. This company has a bad reputation; every job I applied for afterward had the same shake-their-head-in-commiseration response. Does not treat their small clients very well, so there was a constant loss of BOR.
Pros
Decent salary and benefits
Cons
WIll work you into the group then discard you.
Great Ideas, Poor Leadership
Commissions/Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2014
In my time at Digital Insurance, I had the privilege of managing and training a group of very talented individuals that processed daily commissions processing and data entry. The senior leadership within the organization has great ideas, yet poor execution. My direct supervisor, the Director of Finance-Commissions, was someone who claimed to know more than she actually did, was threatened by others that knew more than she, and fostered a hostile work environment. Unfortunately, her poor attitude and leadership skills may eventually lead to the downfall of the entire department. Everyone else within the organization is extremely professional, goal-driven and client focused. Great company to work for as long as you don't report to the above mentioned Director.
Ehh
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2014
Small company, hadn't seemed to figure out many kinks that made it a less than desirable environment. Some of the personnel was very unprofessional at times. More than anything, the compensation was awful. I made significantly more at the same level of my next company.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Compensation, advancement, HR
Was a decent place to work
Market Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 25, 2013
A decent place to work. A lot of employee appreciation events. They acquired a significant amount of agencies in a short period of time, and ended up having to consolidate and lay off some employees.
My first job
National Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2013
Learned how the office environment worked. Received my insurance licenses that I kept until I worked at JP Morgan Chase.
Lack of true leadership. Unprofessional!
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2013
Poor leadership. Long work hours. Low wages. Under appreciated. Started off very family oriented which was quickly replaced by a stressful environment. Digital's rapport in the industry, according to other brokerage firms and carriers, is substandard. However, you won't find that out until after you leave and your resume has the DI blemish. I could not in good conscience recommend this company!
Pros
Great location
Cons
Work life balance is non-existent
A place you would not want to work at.
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2013
This place saved me from not having a job. The typical day was full of stress. You were in a phone queue and also doing a lot of other chores. This dept. had 10 people serving the whole US and other countries. I learned not to work for a TPA like this one. Management was poor. You would ask them how you were doing and they would respond "Your doing good!". They never had any feed back on your work. The co-workers were okay. There was no enjoyable part of this job. I totally disliked it.
Energetic, ethusiastic and intelligently staffed. Rapidly evolving benefit consulting firm.
Senior Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 8, 2013
Great company, great culture, great results
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2013
Great company, great culture, great results -- really nice work environment and future here.
Pros
fun, fast, smart, successful, employee-oriented
Cons
sometimes pay not competitive
Innovative and creative agency
Senior Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA (worked remotely in Huntersville, NC)September 5, 2012
Great atmosphere with talented staff. Promoted out of the box benefit solutions for small to mid employers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Digital Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5