Digital Management, Inc.

Digital Management, Inc. Employer Reviews

Average
Project Assistant (Current Employee), BethesdaJuly 15, 2014
Average, good people. Enjoy the team. Nice holiday party and benefits
Has gone downhill
former employee (Former Employee), bethesda, MDJuly 13, 2014
Pros: hq is very nice
Cons: no communication, no clear hiearchy, low ball employees
DMI use to be a place where I would tell anyone to apply that wanted to work for a company that was very employee friendly and they looked out them.. However I can not say that anymore... The upper management doesn't communicate well to it's employees and management gives everyone titles and labels. Everyone is a VP or a Director. And if you are not – more... in the inner circle you will not be saved if your project ends. DMI use to look out for their employees who contracts were coming to an end. Now its goodbye with no real communication. Stay away because they are trying to sell the company. – less
They only care about winning new business. Not on executing.
PM (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJune 23, 2014
Pros: free snacks
Cons: no focus on current work
Relentlessly pursuing new business. Low-ball bids. Very poor execution on existing contracts. They simply don't care.
Great Benefits
Remedy Queue Manager (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 16, 2014
Program Management
Great co-worker
I really enjoyed the first year
Intership
Internship (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDMay 15, 2014
Working at DMI as an Inter was fun. Was in a rotational program. Learned how different department operated and also learned great professional behavior.
Nice place to work
Benefits Assistant (Current Employee), Bethesda, MarylandAugust 26, 2013
Enjoyable place to work. Employees work together well. Depending on the department employee works in, very little growth.
Expanding company with great people
Proposal Lead (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDAugust 17, 2013
Long days and sometimes stressful situations, but working with great people makes it work it.
My Current Job
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee), Kearneysville, WVAugust 15, 2013
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: distance to and from work
I work as a Senior Business Analyst responsible for documenting current business practices of the organization, with the goal of analyzing and developing proposed business solutions. Develop and codify associated business rules and requirements and brief project team on weekly basis on status of effort.

Have tremendous leadership and co-workers, who – more... worked as a unified team to accomplish the mission.

The hardest part of my job is getting here. I commute 1 1/2 hours each way, but I enjoy the job. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping our client develop a best-practice solution to their constraints and barriers to mission achievement. – less
• Around 7 years of IT experience with exceptional skills in Analysis, Object Oriented Design, Development and Implementation of Web Applications and
Net Developer (Former Employee), Lincolshire, ILAugust 7, 2013
• Involved in System Study, Requirement Gathering and extensive interaction with users.
• Designed presentation layer for dynamic web forms using ASP.Net Framework, CSS, DHTML and Visual Studio tools.
• Developed solutions for diverse programming scenarios in C#, employing object--oriented programming concepts such as: encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism, – more... and abstraction.
• Responsible for deciding the requirements, writing the specifications, database design, some of the project management tasks, and implementing the stored procedures.
• Developed the various forms using Validation and Rich Controls, AJAX Extended Controllers, and created XML documents for embedding data into the controls.
• Developed the Web User Interface using AJAX technology to enhance the visual appearance to avoid the flickering effects across server post backs.
• Created Win Forms in C#.NET which helped user operations like view, save and delete information.
• Used Page and Data Caching concepts to increase the throughput of the ASP.NET Pages.
• Used ADO.NET extensively for retrieving, querying, storage, and data manipulation for achieving continuous database connectivity.
• Rendered XML document to an HTML using XSL and XSLT Transformations.
• Developed Web Services for user enrollment using WCF technology.
• Consulted with management and designed and developed several SOA processes and data management tasks related to the project, whilst developing all phases of the application.
• Involved in all phases of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) life cycle.
• Used TFS (Team Foundation Server) for the source control, data collection, reporting and project tracking.
• Created cross browser compatibility templates using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to format the data.
• Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML diagrams.
• Involved in Documentation, Unit and Integration Testing and Debugging. – less
Unpleasant face
none (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDAugust 4, 2013
Cons: poor hr, communication style.
Did not work for DMI. This review is based solely on
- interactions with HR ;
- site ;
- responses to correspondence.

My understanding is that companies are NO better than their
storefront. And HR definitely fits that role.

Poor communication (dropped conversations / threads) ;
Not responding to general inquiries ;
Incompetence.
Fun place to work, enjoy the people.
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee), MDJune 19, 2013
Learn alot of how the government operates. You learn something new everyday.
Up and coming company
Oracle DBA (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, many locations
Cons: healthcare contribution needs to improve, management needs to improve
Digital Management Inc is an up and coming Contract Supplier of Department of Defense personnel. The benefits are average for what you would expect for a company of about 1,000 employees; the management is growing and learning how to support their customer; the management has a ways to go in balancing the relationship between employee and customers. – more... Improvement is much needed in striking the work/life balance. I has been my experience that they can pay well but I do know of cases where they are well underpaying employees also. As I said initially, it is an up and coming company that is worth your time to look at for employment. – less
No Comment
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDNovember 8, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Fun place to work
Co-workers at fun to work with
Contract work great
Micro management at its finest
PC Specialist (Current Employee), BethasdaAugust 31, 2012
Pros: a pay check
Cons: everything
I was excited when I received my offer letter stating I would be working on a 1 year project with them. That was until I got to work the first day. There was a Team Manager in charge of a PC team with no computer experience. If you work for the government you are required to conform to DOD 8570 which states you must be either Security + certified or – more... A+ certified to work on the machines. No one on the team had any certifications and on top of that they appointed 2 more team leads under the team manager with even less experience. If you are catching on then you would have realized that the structure of this company is more chiefs and less indians. Also most of the techs were extremely unprofessional and lacked the communication skills and dress appearance to communicate with the customer. The human resource department is no help after they get you hired. They refuse to work with you after you sign your offer letter because they feel they have done enough. With the unprofessionalism of this company you could lose your credibility and you security clearance easily. They also have project managers who do not work well with others and tend to treat the employers like slaves instead of human beings. The teams were constantly belittled infront of the customers and forced to work through lunches. – less
USCG Contractor
System Administrator (Current Employee), Kearneysville, WVMay 10, 2012
I am a System Administrator for 5 business systems. I administor about 50 servers. I have learned to use a variety of tools for managing blade servers. I enjoy working as a contractor for the Unites States Coast Guard.
Awful management
Anon (Current Employee), NASAApril 15, 2013
Since DMI took over the NASA contract things continuously got worse. There is a general mood of despair and managements idea of motivating people is buying them pizza. There is favoritism, back stabbing and bullying. Worse company I've ever worked for.

About Digital Management, Inc.

Founded in 2002, Digital Management is an information technology strategy and solutions company focused on servicing the needs – Read more