Digital Management, Inc.

Digital Management, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Around 7 years of IT experience with exceptional skills in Analysis, Object Oriented Design, Development and Implementation of Web Applications and
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Lincolshire, ILAugust 7, 2013
• Involved in System Study, Requirement Gathering and extensive interaction with users.
• Designed presentation layer for dynamic web forms using ASP.Net Framework, CSS, DHTML and Visual Studio tools.
• Developed solutions for diverse programming scenarios in C#, employing object--oriented programming concepts such as: encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism, and abstraction.
• Responsible for deciding the requirements, writing the specifications, database design, some of the project management tasks, and implementing the stored procedures.
• Developed the various forms using Validation and Rich Controls, AJAX Extended Controllers, and created XML documents for embedding data into the controls.
• Developed the Web User Interface using AJAX technology to enhance the visual appearance to avoid the flickering effects across server post backs.
• Created Win Forms in C#.NET which helped user operations like view, save and delete information.
• Used Page and Data Caching concepts to increase the throughput of the ASP.NET Pages.
• Used ADO.NET extensively for retrieving, querying, storage, and data manipulation for achieving continuous database connectivity.
• Rendered XML document to an HTML using XSL and XSLT Transformations.
• Developed Web Services for user enrollment using WCF technology.
• Consulted with management and designed and developed several SOA processes and data management tasks related to the project, whilst developing all phases of the application.
• Involved in all phases of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) life cycle.
• Used TFS (Team Foundation Server) for
  more... the source control, data collection, reporting and project tracking.
• Created cross browser compatibility templates using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to format the data.
• Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML diagrams.
• Involved in Documentation, Unit and Integration Testing and Debugging.
Micro management at its finest
PC Specialist (Current Employee) –  BethasdaAugust 31, 2012
I was excited when I received my offer letter stating I would be working on a 1 year project with them. That was until I got to work the first day. There was a Team Manager in charge of a PC team with no computer experience. If you work for the government you are required to conform to DOD 8570 which states you must be either Security + certified or A+ certified to work on the machines. No one on the team had any certifications and on top of that they appointed 2 more team leads under the team manager with even less experience. If you are catching on then you would have realized that the structure of this company is more chiefs and less indians. Also most of the techs were extremely unprofessional and lacked the communication skills and dress appearance to communicate with the customer. The human resource department is no help after they get you hired. They refuse to work with you after you sign your offer letter because they feel they have done enough. With the unprofessionalism of this company you could lose your credibility and you security clearance easily. They also have project managers who do not work well with others and tend to treat the employers like slaves instead of human beings. The teams were constantly belittled infront of the customers and forced to work through lunches.
Pros
a pay check
Cons
everything
Up and coming company
Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 15, 2013
Digital Management Inc is an up and coming Contract Supplier of Department of Defense personnel. The benefits are average for what you would expect for a company of about 1,000 employees; the management is growing and learning how to support their customer; the management has a ways to go in balancing the relationship between employee and customers. Improvement is much needed in striking the work/life balance. I has been my experience that they can pay well but I do know of cases where they are well underpaying employees also. As I said initially, it is an up and coming company that is worth your time to look at for employment.
Pros
flexible hours, many locations
Cons
healthcare contribution needs to improve, management needs to improve
Friendly and fun workplace with weekly sporting, concert ticket raffles.
Network Specialist/NOC Systems Administrator 2 (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 7, 2014
DMI offers a competitive salary, great benefits, and reimbursement training to all employees. The management staff has an open door policy all the way up to the PM. I enjoy working with my co-workers on a daily basis. Everyone has a positive attitude and will offer assistance in completing assigned tasks. DMI offers monthly company functions for employees to unwind and have fun from cook-outs, game night, and Concert ticket raffles. The commute can be challenging but not unbearable.
Pros
competitive salary, great benefits, and reimbursement training
Cons
job security which comes with being a contractor not reflective on the company
My Current Job
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Kearneysville, WVAugust 15, 2013
I work as a Senior Business Analyst responsible for documenting current business practices of the organization, with the goal of analyzing and developing proposed business solutions. Develop and codify associated business rules and requirements and brief project team on weekly basis on status of effort.

Have tremendous leadership and co-workers, who worked as a unified team to accomplish the mission.

The hardest part of my job is getting here. I commute 1 1/2 hours each way, but I enjoy the job. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping our client develop a best-practice solution to their constraints and barriers to mission achievement.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
distance to and from work
Has gone downhill
former employee (Former Employee) –  bethesda, MDJuly 13, 2014
DMI use to be a place where I would tell anyone to apply that wanted to work for a company that was very employee friendly and they looked out them.. However I can not say that anymore... The upper management doesn't communicate well to it's employees and management gives everyone titles and labels. Everyone is a VP or a Director. And if you are not in the inner circle you will not be saved if your project ends. DMI use to look out for their employees who contracts were coming to an end. Now its goodbye with no real communication. Stay away because they are trying to sell the company.
Pros
hq is very nice
Cons
no communication, no clear hiearchy, low ball employees
Overall Work Experience
Business Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Washington DCSeptember 8, 2014
A typical day at work is working on a scrum team with 3 other team members completing tasks assigned and creating new tasks that become available during sprint planning. I have learned a lot about Business Analysis and using the Rational tool. Management is somewhat uninvolved and there is lack of communication. The hardest part of the job is getting members to communicate. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the Rational team hired to make the environment more agile like.
Pros
teleworking
Cons
lack of communication
It's probably better at HQ
WINDOWS SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT JOURNEYMAN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 9, 2015
I was a contractor with this company so I never really had a chance to see what it was like to work at the HQ in Bethesda. When my contract was about to end, I was told that a recruiter would contact me to assist me in finding another job within the company...I never heard from a recruiter. It would have been nice to stay with the company. For the most part, they seem to care about the employees...movie tickets on your birthday, gift card at Thanksgiving, and holiday parties.
Supportive Work Environment
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  DC METRO AREAJuly 3, 2014
I have to say that there is plenty of room for advancement. I've certainly grown a lot since I have joined the company. My colleagues are extremely supportive, and management always responds quickly to my communications. Whenever I've needed something, I've got it. I am also recognized for my accomplishments, which is something that I appreciate.
Pros
flexible scheduling, recognition, communication, support
Unpleasant face
none (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 4, 2013
Did not work for DMI. This review is based solely on
- interactions with HR ;
- site ;
- responses to correspondence.

My understanding is that companies are NO better than their
storefront. And HR definitely fits that role.

Poor communication (dropped conversations / threads) ;
Not responding to general inquiries ;
Incompetence.
Cons
poor hr, communication style.
Awful management
Anon (Current Employee) –  NASAApril 15, 2013
Since DMI took over the NASA contract things continuously got worse. There is a general mood of despair and managements idea of motivating people is buying them pizza. There is favoritism, back stabbing and bullying. Worse company I've ever worked for.
This company has been one of the top contractor I have worked for.
Windows and Unix Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 1, 2014
My workday includes working with several technologies within the System Administrative area.
Pros
great job enviornment
Cons
distance travel to worksite.
USCG Contractor
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kearneysville, WVMay 10, 2012
I am a System Administrator for 5 business systems. I administor about 50 servers. I have learned to use a variety of tools for managing blade servers. I enjoy working as a contractor for the Unites States Coast Guard.
It's an OK place to work...
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 31, 2015
The corporate structure changes every other month. No real job security. Always laying off... I like my co-workers on the project but we're all stressed out because the corporate structure is unreliable.
Foundry / exciting new adventure
Maintenance / Eng. Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 13, 2014
Maintenance and engineering, time keeping, MRO,
learned the different machines
Management was excellent team
Co-workers were the best
PMS
interacting with all the employees
Pros
experience
Cons
moved
Very educational, professional, and
STAFF TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Union, NJNovember 18, 2014
Very helpful, caring environment for claustrophobic patients. I learned so much at DMI. The staff was supportive and we were a close family. Great place to work and continue my education.
horrible pay
Analyst (Former Employee) –  MDFebruary 12, 2015
pay is terrible along with the benifits there is only one option for health coverage, and it took 7 months to get my referral bonus after haggling them about after the 5 month of promises, management is not consistant
Opportunities
Pragmatics (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  WashingtonSeptember 15, 2014
Nice place to get started. Not a place to stay for a while. I wish they had more options regarding health benefits.
Pros
many vacancies
Cons
does not promote within or reward for individual career achievement
Excellent Corporate Culture
SENIOR DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 17, 2015
DMI has given me many opportunities to prove myself and have been promoted twice. Very supportive management. Very positive CEO.
Pros
Free snacks, great educational benefits
They only care about winning new business. Not on executing.
PM (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 23, 2014
Relentlessly pursuing new business. Low-ball bids. Very poor execution on existing contracts. They simply don't care.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
no focus on current work