Do you love social media more than breathing? Do you love the entertainment industry? Do you believe you can be an invaluable social media monster in a fast-growing digital entertainment media company? Then do we have the job for you! We’re looking for our Social Media Community Manager. This is a new team player to both engage with our current male-centric online communities and grow them exponentially through creative content development. We are a young, industry-leading digital entertainment media company in Hollywood, CA. We have a constant flow of topical content (sports, current events, and pop culture) that we spread across several social media platforms. The right candidate will ensure optimal engagement within our diverse social communities by creating and publishing appropriate branded content and then optimizing based on analytic monitoring. Essential to the position is a positive, fun attitude, grace under pressure and an ability to both collaborate with other team members, as well as take initiative to create awesome social campaigns. You will succeed at our company if you multitask with ease, are detailed oriented in your communication and reporting style, and live to be social (without being annoying or offensive). This early career position reports to the Marketing Manager. A proven track record in community building is required.
- Own and grow our diverse social media communities (mostly young, urban males)
- Create engaging and strategically branded content for social channels, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, etc.
- Collaborate on the creation of an impactful social media calendar to include long term and short term strategies
- Execute social media calendar through automation and real-time distribution
- Propose community building strategies and campaigns that can be measured for success
- Execute, optimize and report on all approved campaigns
- Collaborate with multiple internal departments including, creative, development, graphics, editing, etc…
- Identify and recommend relationships with prospective social media partners
- Research and report on the latest trends in social media and online marketing with an emphasis on new growth opportunities for community building
- Ongoing analysis and reporting of competitor social programs
- Passion for and proven track record in social media community management
- Ability to collaborate, as well as work independently. If you prefer to work from home, or thrive only with autonomy this is not the right job for you
- Experience working in a dynamic team environment
- Attention to detail and superior organizational and reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong networking and presentation skills. You will be attending very cool events and expected to represent our company
- Knowledge of basic HTML & photo editing is a plus
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited school is required
In your cover letter, please tell us your salary history AND why you would love to join our team.
Digital Media Entertainment company based in Hollywood, CA.