Digital Realty Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work or grow
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  AnonymousJanuary 26, 2016
My experience working at Digital from the first month to the last day was a negative one. This is NOT a good company to work for. In fact is it a toxic environment that will kill your spirit & waste your time if you think you'll learn, grow or get promoted.

The processes are convoluted and ever-changing. Employees are not given the tools to succeed in their current roles and as I mentioned forget about advancement! Management is very cliquish, petty and support is nonexistent. The lack of support and constant power struggles start at the top executive level & trickle down.

I've been working a long time and this is hands down the worst company I've worked for. I feel the time I worked there is a loss for me and my career since I walked away with nothing new learned.

The only bright spot was my co-workers who were genuinely nice and helpful people and made coming to work tolerable.

There are a lot of jobs available in the bay area don't waste your time working here. You will regret it and soon be scouring Indeed for a new job.
Pros
Free food, co-workers, bonus
Cons
Everything else!
A Typical Day at Digital Realty
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 14, 2015
A typical day at Digital Realty for me was sitting in an office space, monitoring cameras and clearing alarms. when visitors came into the building, I acknowledged them and helped them as best I could. If a visitor needed to walk through the building, I would escort that person and monitor him/her at all times.
I have learned how to use multiple programs on the computer. The most enjoyable part about working for Digital realty for me is, helping the visitors and customers with their needs and just interacting with them. My Co- Workers were great people and were all team players!
Quick growing company
Administrative Assistant - Client Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 9, 2015
Once a fun work place, pot lucks, monthly birthday cakes and happy co-workers. One would be recognized for hard work. Now women are not seen at the same level as men.
Pros
Snacks provided to employees.
Cons
Does not treat employees equally.
Too Lean With Everchanging Direction
Portfolio Management (Former Employee) –  AnonymousJune 23, 2015
Company used to do a really good job at what they did. Too many chiefs have caused the indians to be overworked and pulled a million directions. CEO is a lackluster man who can crunch numbers but has let hungry corporate employees overrun and dilute the effectiveness a successful business process.

There are also too many groups adding their own processes and systems to complete tasks.... this caused major slow downs due to inefficient processes/bureaucracy and hurt the overall business operations of the company. These new "time saving" systems are often implemented with little to no communication between departments so one day you may be doing your work correctly and the next you are not.

When an organization is already thin adding new administrative and upkeep processes to someones job who is trying to accomplish larger tasks creates a stressful and looong day.

The only upside is that there is overtime pay even with a base salary but never worth putting in 12 hour days and weekends.
Pros
Snack Room, Mostly Good People, Overtime pay
Cons
Overworked, Slow Advancement, Constant Power Struggle Between Corporate
Disappointed in Digital Realty
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Digital RealtyApril 21, 2015
I would never recommend this company. You will be set up to fail. You will not be given any support by the management above you. You will be given more responsibility than you should be. You will have work trickled down from all different departments in the company. You will be expected to complete everything for your team. The work load is outlandish. The expectation is perfection. You will be given no room for error or mishap. You will be labeled in a negative light for the mistakes that you will make because you are a new employee.

Don't think it won't happen to you. If you are reading this it is because you want to know the truth. The truth is that you will be excited to start something new and it will be made to sound great. And it won't take long for the disappointment to set in. The people will disappoint you. The leadership will disappoint you. The lack of support for a new employee will disappoint you.

I wish I had good things to say. I'm not a negative person in normal life. RUN! Just don't do it.
Productive fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 8, 2015
Great Benefits, good place to work. Good team spirit. We have team BBQ's and good productive team. Day to day work flow changes as the needs of the business. Facility is customer oriented and we have customer events. Facility is always neat and clean and I am proud to work for Digital Realty.
Pros
Good Company to work for, generally Management cares about the people that work there.
Cons
Unless one is willing to move out of the area, you are limited to work at the properties in the area.
Near Sighted
DC Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Management seems to only look at the cost of now. If it costs now, but doesn't make money now, it will not be approved. Worse yet, spending now to prevent cost later. Again, no understanding of future planning.
Digital is a young company that has not yet needed to concern itself with the future consequences of the present actions.
Pros
salary and benefits are pretty good.
Cons
little room for advancement.
The Life at Digital
Assistant Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  SomewhereDecember 2, 2014
The company has very strict deadlines, you will received no help from your superiors or your co-workers. Upper management and the HR department are not there to support their employees. They are very proud of their upper management and will support them. I guess the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers located in the buildings that were managed by our office. If you need to talk to the managers above you, please make an appointment to meet with them as you may be disrupting them throwing you under the bus.
Pros
the possible bonus at the end of the year
Cons
upper management needs training in the managment of employees
Not a great place to work
Assistant Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJune 3, 2014
The company is fast paced however Digital does not promote work-life balance and the leadership is horrible. the best part of working for Digital is the bonus check. I wouldn't recommend spending the rest of your life at this company unless you absolutely have not life outside of work.
Pros
bonus check
Cons
no work/life balance
Good place to start
Property Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2014
DLR culture is fast paced and is a great intro to internet gateway datacenter world.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 25, 2013
On a typical day it gets busy. For example, create badges give certain access to individual.
Pros
bonus check
Cons
healthcare
Great place for growth and job security
Property Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJuly 30, 2013
A typical day consists of maintaining multiple spreadsheets (Purchase Orders, Service Agreements, etc), contacting vendors and answering to customer requests.
Management is very understanding and willing to work around your schedule.
Nice place to work
CSC Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2013
Company allows to utilize the many skills I've aquired from my many years in the IT field.
The best company in the industry.
Technical Operations Assistant Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2013
Class leading development in datacenters around the world.
Pros
pay, benefits and leadership