Digital Realty Employee Reviews

Great company and people
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasMarch 5, 2017
Digital Realty is a very stable and financially sound global company. The people are fantastic and focused on doing great job
Good company
Lead ETL Developer/Architect (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 26, 2016
We good dynamic team. Very result oriented project management. Lot of opportunity to learn. Flexible work environment.
their benefits package was great
Data Center Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTAugust 30, 2016
their benefit package was great. new management took over and changed the staff and had lay offs. I was one of them even though i had more time in then a lot of the other guys working there.
Chaotic mess.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2016
The company has gone through so many changes in the past few years, it is barely recognizable. It may turn out to be a good thing for Digital, but it has created an atmosphere of hostility, stress and distrust. At the site I worked, the Management was overworked, overwhelmed, inexperienced and struggling. This created a very negative site culture. I would caution any potential hire to research the recent acquisition of Telx, and what it means to the organization. There are layoffs being conducted, and they are in the middle of major restructuring and remodeling of the teams.
Pros
Paid time off is generous, annual bonus structure.
Cons
Health insurance plan will not work well for families, no advancement, job insecurity.
zero human error very stressful
Journeyman Engineer / Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  2121 S. price stMay 17, 2016
DR is very stressful place for work, zero tolerance for mistake and management are constantly change.NO lunch time company pay for lunch time. in case of any call you have to stop eating and attend the call.
Pros
two time and half holly day pay $
Cons
24/7 uncall
Nice Place to work
CSC Technician I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2016
It was a new project that started. I was a part of their IT team in Chicago. We provided IT support for 3 locations. It was a Data Center environment. They were a good company to work for.
very productive work envorment
Facilities Management 2 (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 17, 2016
Very good pay and very great place to learn more skills. Work is fast pace at times with little room for error, but is a very good company to move you forward in the field of data center operations.
It is a productive work environment
Property Assistant (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 27, 2016
The company extends good compensation to the employees. It is a good environment to work for.

I learned the operations of the company.

The management is fair.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
The volume of work is overwhelming
Too many managers
Team Lead / Architect (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 11, 2016
Too many managers that can't decide between themselves what strategy to take. The company has stuck in the '90s and trying to to get herself to '00s forgetting that it's 2016 now.
A Typical Day at Digital Realty
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 14, 2015
A typical day at Digital Realty for me was sitting in an office space, monitoring cameras and clearing alarms. when visitors came into the building, I acknowledged them and helped them as best I could. If a visitor needed to walk through the building, I would escort that person and monitor him/her at all times.
I have learned how to use multiple programs on the computer. The most enjoyable part about working for Digital realty for me is, helping the visitors and customers with their needs and just interacting with them. My Co- Workers were great people and were all team players!
A good place to work
Property Assistant (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 25, 2016
Digital Realty is a good company and they compensate their employees well. I work well with the people and the customers.
Pros
Free Snacks
Lots of products and good company
Sr. Sale Director National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 1, 2016
This was well ran company and they did security very well. They were bought recently and not sure what they have in place today.
Quick growing company
Administrative Assistant - Client Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 9, 2015
Once a fun work place, pot lucks, monthly birthday cakes and happy co-workers. One would be recognized for hard work. Now women are not seen at the same level as men.
Pros
Snacks provided to employees.
Cons
Does not treat employees equally.
Not a good place to work or grow
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  AnonymousJanuary 26, 2016
My experience working at Digital from the first month to the last day was a negative one. This is NOT a good company to work for. In fact is it a toxic environment that will kill your spirit & waste your time if you think you'll learn, grow or get promoted.

The processes are convoluted and ever-changing. Employees are not given the tools to succeed in their current roles and as I mentioned forget about advancement! Management is very cliquish, petty and support is nonexistent. The lack of support and constant power struggles start at the top executive level & trickle down.

I've been working a long time and this is hands down the worst company I've worked for. I feel the time I worked there is a loss for me and my career since I walked away with nothing new learned.

The only bright spot was my co-workers who were genuinely nice and helpful people and made coming to work tolerable.

There are a lot of jobs available in the bay area don't waste your time working here. You will regret it and soon be scouring Indeed for a new job.
Pros
Free food, co-workers, bonus
Cons
Everything else!
Productive fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 8, 2015
Great Benefits, good place to work. Good team spirit. We have team BBQ's and good productive team. Day to day work flow changes as the needs of the business. Facility is customer oriented and we have customer events. Facility is always neat and clean and I am proud to work for Digital Realty.
Pros
Good Company to work for, generally Management cares about the people that work there.
Cons
Unless one is willing to move out of the area, you are limited to work at the properties in the area.
The Life at Digital
Assistant Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  SomewhereDecember 2, 2014
The company has very strict deadlines, you will received no help from your superiors or your co-workers. Upper management and the HR department are not there to support their employees. They are very proud of their upper management and will support them. I guess the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers located in the buildings that were managed by our office. If you need to talk to the managers above you, please make an appointment to meet with them as you may be disrupting them throwing you under the bus.
Pros
the possible bonus at the end of the year
Cons
Upper Management needs training in the managment of employees
Near Sighted
DC Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Management seems to only look at the cost of now. If it costs now, but doesn't make money now, it will not be approved. Worse yet, spending now to prevent cost later. Again, no understanding of future planning.
Digital is a young company that has not yet needed to concern itself with the future consequences of the present actions.
Pros
Salary and benefits are pretty good.
Cons
Little room for advancement.
Not a great place to work
Assistant Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJune 3, 2014
The company is fast paced however Digital does not promote work-life balance and the leadership is horrible. the best part of working for Digital is the bonus check. I wouldn't recommend spending the rest of your life at this company unless you absolutely have not life outside of work.
Pros
Bonus Check
Cons
No work/life balance
Great place for growth and job security
Property Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJuly 30, 2013
A typical day consists of maintaining multiple spreadsheets (Purchase Orders, Service Agreements, etc), contacting vendors and answering to customer requests.
Management is very understanding and willing to work around your schedule.
Disappointed in Digital Realty
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Digital RealtyApril 21, 2015
I would never recommend this company. You will be set up to fail. You will not be given any support by the management above you. You will be given more responsibility than you should be. You will have work trickled down from all different departments in the company. You will be expected to complete everything for your team. The work load is outlandish. The expectation is perfection. You will be given no room for error or mishap. You will be labeled in a negative light for the mistakes that you will make because you are a new employee.

Don't think it won't happen to you. If you are reading this it is because you want to know the truth. The truth is that you will be excited to start something new and it will be made to sound great. And it won't take long for the disappointment to set in. The people will disappoint you. The leadership will disappoint you. The lack of support for a new employee will disappoint you.

I wish I had good things to say. I'm not a negative person in normal life. RUN! Just don't do it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Digital Realty. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8