Digital River

Digital River United States Employee Reviews

Smart People.
Technical Manager - Network Engineering (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNDecember 23, 2014
Pros: beer friday
Cons: lots of fire drills
Great team. Fun place to work. Can be hectic, but has it's benefits.
Productive fast paced
Technical Writer - Product Marketing (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNNovember 26, 2014
Terrific place to work. The people are really dedicated to the mission of the company. Great communication, very talented people.
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Escalation Tier 2 (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNOctober 20, 2014
One of the best places to work, in my opinion. I felt valued and appreciated.
Productive fun place to work with ping-pong tables.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNOctober 13, 2014
Great passionate people, all with outgoing personalities.
Just plain awful
Unspecified Role (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNAugust 27, 2014
Simply put, Digital River is a company made up of some of the brightest and hardest working people I have encountered. Unfortunately they are serving a leadership group that simply is not competent.

Work/Life Balance is non-existent. If you take a position there be prepared to be fitted for a digital leash. You are expected to be available after hours and weekends. If you are not available you are shamed by leadership for not being committed to the company etc.

I wouldn't recommend anyone with a family they care about taking a job there.
Excellent
Symantec Inside Sales (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 26, 2014
Working for the United States Military provides discipline and creates self confidence
Very stressful Environment to Work
tell you later (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: free lunches, nice gym
Cons: micro management, very stressful environment, high turnover
There are some good people at DR.
The building is nice and tech friendly. Nice technology.
Had 3 different managers within a year. Forget about raise on yearly basis even with good performance. The manager is always checking on you and can be mean if you are not part of their segregated group. When you need to WFH they make it a big deal, but if other co-worker in the same team decide to WFH they play jokes. Most of the people come in, get the experience and move on.
The work is always plenty, you will get burnout very quickly, and prepare to work 55-60 hrs per week.They will certainly work you to death. Plus the yearly layoff, they have let go almost 10% of the total employees.
Productive fun place to work with excellent colleagues and great working atmosphere.
Client Project Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: career advancement, challenging, friendly atmosphere
Cons: healthcare, compensation, career training
A typical day would consist of client management which included training, technical support, accounts receivable, project management, and consulting. Over the past 7 years I have been fortunate enough to learn and understand the global Affiliate Marketing industry. One of the most significant items I learned was how much fraud is experienced in the industry and what steps are taken by Advertisers to protect their businesses from fraudulent online activity.

The office management atmosphere was very laid back. Managers made you feel like they were friends. They were always very supportive and available for assistance. They turned out to be the best management team I have ever had the pleasure to work with.

Since the office had only about 50 people, it was easy to get to know everyone on a personal level. I have met many colleagues which have become close friends. It has been a pleasure to meet and get to know them well.

The hardest part about the job was managing hundreds of clients based all over the world, but only having office hours from 8am - 5pm M-F ET. This would make a typical day move at light speed.

The absolute most enjoyable part of the job was experienced every Friday also known as "Beer" Friday. Fridays would be geared towards team building and enjoying various IPAs, Stouts, and micro brews. Our internal teams would engage in various tournaments including, video games, darts, ping pong or simply include social time. It was always a great way to end what was always a tough week.
Lots of very smart people and opportunities for everybody
World Payments Business Analyst (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNNovember 25, 2013
Pros: nice workout facility on site - free, lots of fun activities through out the year.
Cons: stress can be high with releases of code.
I learned so much at Digital River about e-commerce, both locally and globally. I really enjoyed working with teams around the world to solve payment issues. Before I started there I didn't know that there were so many ways to pay for on-line purchases!
Unique Work Environment
Director (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNJanuary 7, 2013
Digital River is dynamic and fast paced but environment is very poor and most employees burn out quickly. The company is however teaming will very talented people and has continued to do amazing things. It is a place where you can set a path for yourself but there are lots of obstacles to getting your job done.
Very good environment and very laid back with low pressure
Sales associate (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: very stress free environment
Cons: very little room for advancement and not much opportunity for latteral movement either.
Overall Digital River is a great place to work and I have no complaints. The only reason I left is because for a sales person the commission structure is bad. Commission is paid only for the first year of new business, after that you have to start over again at square one and there is 0 residual! This is the main reason I left the company in the end.
Understood the needs of the business team to develop requirements for work needed. -
Project Manager & Business Analyst (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNNovember 21, 2012
Ran and tracked multiple projects to ensure they were completed by the time required and reported back to management any issues that would delay the deadline.

Helped to implement Agile Methodologies (SCRUM) into the department.
Typical Technology Company
Search Marketing Analyst (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNJuly 29, 2012
Pros: on site gym and cafeteria.
Cons: extremely fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Digital River is filled with highly intelligent, eccentric types that you would expect to find in a technology company. Lots of friendly and personable coworkers. A fun, fast paced working environment.
Really great place to work with great people
Web/Graphic Designer / Data Entry Support (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAApril 22, 2012
Pros: free lunch wednesdays, beer fridays, cool people, fun people to work with
Cons: unstable work, some days have no work
One of the more enjoyable jobs I have held. I spent much of my time designing the layouts for our company's clients as well as assisting with data entry.
Overall Pleasant, if you can mesh with corporate culture
Web Developer (Former Employee), Eden PrairieJune 1, 2011
Pros: beer fridays
Cons: infrastructure
It's a sea of cubes, but the people are good. The work is challenging, but I never had to stay late.