Digital Technology International Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Bought by Vista. Merged with Saxotech to become NewsCycle. Acquired Atex Ad System.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTNovember 15, 2013
As the newspaper industry shrinks, content management software companies are collateral damage. DTI no longer exists as it once did. Purchased and merged with competitor vendors, the Springville office is unlikely to exist a year from now.
Attitude -- rock bottom.
Poor management at all levels.
Executives obfuscate.
Distressed co-workers.
Forward looking company willing to take risks with new technology; financially conservative
AUTOMATION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTMay 21, 2013
Week one: Read and respond to email from users having problems having to do with automation: AppleScript, VisualBasic, JavaScript, FaceSpan, database issues. Respond to issues from customer service and QC. Consult with trainers. Prepare training materials and curriculum for next week's client. Get travel itinerary.
Week two: 4 a.m. double-check luggage and computer equipment. Take shuttle to airport, check in, go through security, wait to board. On board, settle back for flight while reviewing training materials. Deboard, Get transportation, and find way to hotel. Check in. Next morning, find way to client facility, introduce myself, prepare training room. Get to know students (what are their concerns? what can make their day-to-day life better? how can automation help them?). Six hours a day training employees who still need to meet newspaper deadlines while learning new techniques and language for automation. Listen to their concerns. What do they say privately about the system? What can I do to help them? Socialize with students to get to know them and the company they work for better. Late into the night: Make notes and refine curriculum to meet their needs better based on what I learned from them that day. Perhaps write a script to demonstrate how workflow could be improved, or problems could be solved. Repeat for rest of the week. Pack up and get to airport for return flight. On board, fill out reports, review student evaluation. Take late-night shuttle back home. Weekend: Dive into the books and work on computer to improve my knowledge base; explore new program capabilities,
  more... languages, techniques; further explore solving problems for client.  less
Pros
constant learning curve; working with very talented users; solving problems.
Cons
24-7 workweek; little reward or recognition for going extra mile; team of one
Enjoyable
QA/Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTApril 18, 2012
I loved my job at DTI and love to work as a team player with other co-workers especially with customer support, developers, and project managers. I enjoyed working around the SQL query in the database comparison with the software. I loved to work with attention to detail in testing.

My typical day at work is testing all the functionality and documentation clarification of the newspaper publishing ad software. Report, test and verify issues from the Bug Tracking Database.
Pros
family friendly atmosphere
Cons
downtime (which it is normal thing to do)