DigitalGlobe Employee Reviews

Falling Flat
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  COMay 27, 2017
The company' goal is phenomenal, they just need some decent management to set a tone for everyone. The culture i heard about I have not yet seen put into action.

Pretty simple- you will join and start to feel the culture within 6 months and then start looking for nevx job
Pros
cool building and work
Cons
greedy managers are the only ones that get bonuses or stock
Incredible employees - great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  DenverMay 15, 2017
DG is probably one of the best places to work in the Denver metro area. Incredibly smart, talented, and engaged employee team despite a highly disconnected executive team. The company has succeeded because the vision of the founder and the dedication and perseverance of a brilliant technical team. Great work-life balance, strong benefits package, sponsored activities throughout the year, and a strong can-do attitude make DG a very special place.
Pros
Great team members, can-do attitude
Cons
Entitled executive team reaping excessive compensation relative to performance
Did not work for Digital Gloge
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 4, 2017
Worked for SpaceImaging, not Digital Globe. Digital may have purchased SI, but I did not work for the company once acquired. My experience was with SI.
Cons
Learned about satellites from start to finish.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2017
The work was very interesting since I had no experience with satellite manufacture.

Met the CEO the first day and he was genuine. He gave me a hard time for wearing a suit, apparently I was overdressed.

The other employees were very knowledgeable and friendly.
Workplace culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COMarch 22, 2017
The work culture was great at digital globe, i had a great Development team and the Business was very easily approached. I loved the team I worked with. We also had fitness classes and well as free breakfast. It was a great company to work with.
Pros
There was free breakfast every tuesday
Cons
since i was a contractor i did not get any health insurance
Super Fun Place to Intern At
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Westminister, COMarch 9, 2017
This is a really cool place to work. I did an internship here over the summer and it has a fun work environment. The people were overall friendly and willing to help with any questions I had. I am still amazed of how passionate many of the employees are of the DigitalGlobe vision. Management seemed to care a lot about their employees and added unique benefits for them. Work life balance was great, everyone seemed to make time to go on weekend hiking trips, be active, etc.
Pros
Innovation Friday, Free weekly lunches, Passionate Team Members
Cons
None that I had
Poor mid level management
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 21, 2017
Culture of fear frustration. Poor communication skills across the organization. Exceptional employees are let go at an alarming rate, including those with excellent reputations and tenure. Seems they are discriminating against an older than 40 workforce.
Awesome Place to Work!
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 6, 2017
Digital Globe is an innovative company that treats their employees well and with respect. The culture is very inclusive and the employees are friendly.
Good Work/Life Balance Monotonous, Uneven Payscale
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 8, 2017
Digitalglobe has great benefits and work/life balance compared to most companies. Very generous vacation package, freedom to create your own schedule, and many free lunches, dinners, and happy hours (depending on department).

Unfortunately, That's where it ends. Most of the negative reviews on here are right. If your in production you will do the same boring, monotonous work over and over again. You will NOT be doing remote sensing or analysis of any kind. The software and tools are propitiatory and are not good enough to get the amount of work done that's needed. You will have an average of 1 hour long meeting per week making it difficult to get anything done. Nearly all these meetings could've been summed up in an email!

One hand doesn't know what the other's doing. You will constantly told to drop everything you are doing in order to get this "very important" project done done immediately. Then the day next day you'll be told to stand down after you wasted all that time working on it.

Many people are hungry to move up the ladder, and will do anything to do so. They will push their work on you, and take credit for it, or stab you in the back when it's wrong. Unless you play the "game" you will not get promoted. There is a lot of nepotism as well. There's many examples of individuals coming in with no experience that get management or lead positions that are friends with people of power. Pay is also uneven. You'll have one Production Coordinator with 5 years experience making 46,000/yr and another with 1 year experience making 50,000/yr.

The CEO and
  more... VP's are practically worthless as well. They know nothing about the business, and are a bunch Ivy League politician types in suits talking about "Change" and "Purpose, Vision, and Values". They are constantly reorganizing and cutting working staff and going "Lean". But, for some reason they're always hiring new VP's that make upwards of half million dollars per year that do who knows what.  less
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Free lunches, Benefits
Cons
Too many meetings, Uneven pay, Nepotism
Loved my job
Originally hired as an Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 7, 2017
I put my heart and soul into this company for 16 years and loved what I did. I was given the opportunity to advance and change my career path from administration to engineering and feel very blessed to have been able to do this.
Great benefits
Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 3, 2016
its a great place to work and i've had great experiences and continue to enjoy the culture and people. I would highly recommend digital globe!
Tedious, monotonous, and more VPs every day!
Associate Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 24, 2016
First, DG has great benefits and the work/life balance for most people is better than most companies. Salaries are probably comparable too. The people I worked with were generally great but there are lots of people trying to work their way up as quickly as possible that need everything ASAP and all projects are MISSION CRITICAL even if it's a complete waste of time!!!

The actual work was brain draining. Lots of tedious work capitalized with monotony. You'd think that this technology would present interesting work but that was not the case for lots of people. There seem to be more VPs everyday and no one knows what they do. The CEO is alright but he talks like a typical political figure and really doesn't know much about the geospatial industry. Lots of money wasted on the new building. The low level workforce needs more support but there are no resources for them because spending goes towards other things so basically if it's not broke but can be vastly improved, nothing will be done. Too many meetings that are not beneficial. Working with the government regulations on people's security clearances also seemed like a pain and waste of time/money for the company.
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance, employee gym
Cons
VPs, bad management, spreadsheets, relies on government contracts
Very confused company
SharePoint 2013 Contractor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 24, 2016
They are horrible communicators, have no idea of the direction they want to go. Classic example of the blind leading the blind.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No communication
Experience Varies Depending Upon Manager
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 31, 2016
Enjoyed this position yet was not compensated fairly until new manager came in and found my pay "abominable" and petitioned for a raise for me of over $10K to adjust for how the company was taking advantage of me. Thank God for him!
Pros
Entrepreneurial in spirit
Cons
Poor pay for most of my stint there
It is an aerospace company
Lead Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COMay 19, 2016
Good place to work. It's a aerospace company and hence aerospace engineers are well rewarded compared to software developers.
Great Satellites / Poor Management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COMarch 25, 2016
- Great employees at the worker level
- No centralized management / lots of duplication of effort
- Super Top Heavy
- Does not promote from within to leadership positions
- Big empty headquarters
Good
Senior Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 21, 2016
Great place to work! Good benefits.
3D Vertical Obstruction Mapping using ArcGIS suite and Socket Set
•Production of high value ortho-mosaics using in-house image processing software and multiple GIS suites
•Production of various projects using ArcMap
Emjoyed the culture and individuals that I worked with
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 28, 2016
It was an excellent company to work for. My co-workers were smart, helpful, collaborative, and fun. The hardest part was saying good bye due to a family decision to move back to Texas closer to family.
Pros
People, Hiring Managers, Process
Cons
They moved to an RPO process
Interesting Company with No Direction and Constant Flux
corporate (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 25, 2016
I learned so much working with such knowledgeable people, however those who have been here for a long time no longer believe it when leadership has another reorg and says, "but this time it's different. It's going to work." A handful of layoff rounds in 12 months and limited communication by the leadership team does not create a great culture. DigitalGlobe CAN be an incredible, cutting edge company, but leadership needs to be honest, be fair, and be smart and choose a direction and stick with it.
Annual Turnover/Clicky Groups/Low Moral
Manager (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 7, 2015
People were frustated and anxious every October when a new round of layoffs would take place. You'd think it would be good to trim the fat every once and a while but I saw good people let go out of personal/political reasoning.
Subdued culture.