DigitalGlobe Employee Reviews

Emjoyed the culture and individuals that I worked with
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 28, 2016
It was an excellent company to work for. My co-workers were smart, helpful, collaborative, and fun. The hardest part was saying good bye due to a family decision to move back to Texas closer to family.
Pros
People, Hiring Managers, Process
Cons
They moved to an RPO process
Interesting Company with No Direction and Constant Flux
corporate (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 25, 2016
I learned so much working with such knowledgeable people, however those who have been here for a long time no longer believe it when leadership has another reorg and says, "but this time it's different. It's going to work." A handful of layoff rounds in 12 months and limited communication by the leadership team does not create a great culture. DigitalGlobe CAN be an incredible, cutting edge company, but leadership needs to be honest, be fair, and be smart and choose a direction and stick with it.
Annual Turnover/Clicky Groups/Low Moral
Manager (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 7, 2015
People were frustated and anxious every October when a new round of layoffs would take place. You'd think it would be good to trim the fat every once and a while but I saw good people let go out of personal/political reasoning.
Subdued culture.
Great technical opportunities - poorly managed
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 2, 2015
Exciting place - fast paced and working towards a collective goal. Re-organization every few months, blaming and RIFs at the worker bee level. Yet the VPs and above remain to ruin another day.
Pros
Fast pace, hard problems to solve, Engineer's dream
Cons
terribly managed
Exciting technology.
Energy Derivatives Broker (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYNovember 19, 2015
The technology, engineers, and tools available are amazing. We can now market imagery at an amazing resolution of .31 meters. There are many applications to apple geospatial analysis across the capital markets. I have enjoyed being able to serve as a consultant to the company, and continue to be excited at the prospect of creating value added solutions.
Hard Working Company with alot of fun people.
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 3, 2015
I worked very hard in my position, but our team worked together and made it fun and we got thru our shift. We had great Tuesday donuts and bagels day and if you had a holiday shift to work they made it fun and provided and awesome buffet. I would work there again.
Industry leader in commercial electro-optical imaging satellites
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CO USANovember 2, 2015
The company's Purpose, Vision, Values guide strategic and tactical decision making everyday. Industry leader in commercial electro-optical imaging satellites.
Pros
Free beverages such as coffee, sodas, juices, iced tea, energy drinks, and bagel
Extremely fast paced image collection environment
Government Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 23, 2015
Excellent environment, management and staff. Image collection using satellite imagery. Extremely fulfilling job where management allowed each individual to excel.
Pros
Extremely fulfilling and interesting work
Cons
On call 24 hours a day 7 days a week plus shift work
Constantly evolving
Sr Analyst - USGovt Program/Satellite Planning (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 15, 2015
On the cutting edge of imaging science, this company was in an avalanche of growth when I joined and when I left. Some new applications of satellite imagery are astounding!
Pros
In a constant state of growth
Cons
In a constant state of growth
Mediocre
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 27, 2015
Little to no advancement opportunities at the lower levels. If you are L7 and above then this is probably a great place to work. But below that, there are constant layoffs, lack of competitive compensation, and a soul crushingly negative culture. The attempts to implement SAFE and Agile practices have failed due to higher ups not embracing the core ideas. The result has been the merging of the worst parts of waterfall and agile.
Pros
Great workout room, soda/coffee, donut and bagel tuesdays
Cons
deathmarch workload
Great co-workers good work life balance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMarch 2, 2015
DG has good benefits and good work life balance. Good place for entry level into industry. Certain (LOBs) Lines of Business provide better opportunities than others. I would consider working there again.
However; the culture has never been good on communication. Focus has turned to PROFIT over quality and has appeared to drop desire for improvement of product offerings, employee advancement/enrichment, and appears to be catering to less than a senior or mid level employee base to cut payroll, i.e. recent grads only.
Pros
decent benefits, healthcare etc, gym facilities
Cons
inexperienced mid-level management not held accountable, poor communitcation
Geospatial solutions provider
Employee (Former Employee) –  Work SpaceFebruary 10, 2015
DigitalGlobe is a leading provider of commercial high-resolution earth observation and advanced geospatial solutions that help decision makers better understand our changing planet in order to save lives, resources and time.
Digitalglobe
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Longmont COJanuary 19, 2015
Great company, I really enjoyed working here. I wish I could have stayed there, but I only had a short term contract with them to help out when they were switching to a new VDI. Great coworkers, great pay, great environment.
Great co-workers, less then competitive benefits
Collection Planning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 1, 2014
Plan the daily collection plan for a specific spacecraft.
revenue maximization
Sq Km. collection maximization
Good Place to Work
Senior/Staff Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 28, 2014
There many interesting and ongoing RD projects at DG. The company is building many tools to extract information from its constellation of satellites. I've learned much about machine learning algorithms and image processing during my time at DG.
Work environment has plummeted
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMay 11, 2014
The first two years I worked here, the company was great. Excellent manager, trusting environment, team setting. I would have given the company 4 stars at that time.

After two years, a coworker, with no managerial training or experience, was prematurely promoted to our team's new manager, as was another manager promoted to team director. Both were distrusting, emotionally unbalanced, and paranoid. Huge promotional mistakes. Distrust abounds here; it's common at this company that if a manager doesn't physically see you working, they just assume you weren't working. One week I would be praised for my work ethic, and the next week, without changing a thing, I would be reprimanded for poor performance. Depending on the mood of my manager, I was either fantastic or failing; it didn't matter what the metrics showed. There was just no winning.

The stress became too much. I was constantly sick due to it and I later resigned.

Be warned: This place is a craps shoot. Depending on your manager(s), you'll either have a great experience, or this will be the job from Helle. Or, you'll get one of the bipolar managers, like mine, and have a great experience from Helle.
Pros
-good benefits, nice facility
Cons
1. there was no clear path for advancement 2 any employee advancement was based on politics, not employee's work ethic or value to company 3. uneven pay (analyst a made $40k, analyst b made $54k, no justification to discrepancy)
Great Company
Human Resource Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 28, 2014
DigitalGlobe is a great place to have a career. They understand job/work life balance and allow their employees to work on challenging interesting things.
Good place to work.
Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 23, 2014
It is a good place to work with good people. Going through a period of transition to more modern practices, but overall, a good culture.
Pros
team building activities. ambitious, friendly employees.
Cons
complex systems.
Good company to work for
Sr Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 3, 2014
Good work life balance. Nice co workers. Great benefits and salary structure
Great divide between labor and senior management team
Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 21, 2014
Since merging with Geoeye, DigitalGlobe has been focusing on cutting costs and firming product offerings. Unfortunately this has stagnated internal growth and advancement, in favor of demonstrating gains to investors.
The senior management team is focusing on growing new lines of business without consulting their experienced labor force, resulting in wasted efforts and and constant internal arguments.
A great deal of time is spent developing internal culture at the corporate level, however these values are soon discarded at the individual level. Employee ratings are designed to marginalize above average performance. Lastly, the company prefers to re-title employees over adjusting compensation based on duties; relevant experience will rarely translate into competitive pay.

Overall this company is driven by senior management ego, but takes the time to go through the motions of thoughtful management then ignores all thought at its first convenience.
Cons
little opportunity for growth, learning.