DigitalGlobe Employee Reviews

Constantly evolving
Sr Analyst - USGovt Program/Satellite Planning (Former Employee), Longmont, COJune 15, 2015
Pros: In a constant state of growth
Cons: In a constant state of growth
On the cutting edge of imaging science, this company was in an avalanche of growth when I joined and when I left. Some new applications of satellite imagery are astounding!
Mediocre
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Longmont, COApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great workout room, soda/coffee, donut and bagel tuesdays
Cons: deathmarch workload
Little to no advancement opportunities at the lower levels. If you are L7 and above then this is probably a great place to work. But below that, there are constant layoffs, lack of competitive compensation, and a soul crushingly negative culture. The attempts to implement SAFE and Agile practices have failed due to higher ups not embracing the core ideas. The result has been the merging of the worst parts of waterfall and agile.
Great co-workers good work life balance
Engineer (Former Employee), Longmont, COMarch 2, 2015
Pros: decent benefits, healthcare etc, gym facilities
Cons: inexperienced mid-level management not held accountable, poor communitcation
DG has good benefits and good work life balance. Good place for entry level into industry. Certain (LOBs) Lines of Business provide better opportunities than others. I would consider working there again.
However; the culture has never been good on communication. Focus has turned to PROFIT over quality and has appeared to drop desire for improvement of product offerings, employee advancement/enrichment, and appears to be catering to less than a senior or mid level employee base to cut payroll, i.e. recent grads only.
Geospatial solutions provider
Employee (Former Employee), Work SpaceFebruary 10, 2015
DigitalGlobe is a leading provider of commercial high-resolution earth observation and advanced geospatial solutions that help decision makers better understand our changing planet in order to save lives, resources and time.
Digitalglobe
IT Technician (Former Employee), Longmont COJanuary 19, 2015
Great company, I really enjoyed working here. I wish I could have stayed there, but I only had a short term contract with them to help out when they were switching to a new VDI. Great coworkers, great pay, great environment.
Great co-workers, less then competitive benefits
Collection Planning Coordinator (Former Employee), Longmont, COOctober 1, 2014
Plan the daily collection plan for a specific spacecraft.
revenue maximization
Sq Km. collection maximization
Good Place to Work
Senior/Staff Research Scientist (Current Employee), Longmont, COAugust 28, 2014
There many interesting and ongoing RD projects at DG. The company is building many tools to extract information from its constellation of satellites. I've learned much about machine learning algorithms and image processing during my time at DG.
Work environment has plummeted
Analyst (Former Employee), Longmont, COMay 11, 2014
Pros: -good benefits, nice facility
Cons: 1. there was no clear path for advancement 2 any employee advancement was based on politics, not employee's work ethic or value to company 3. uneven pay (analyst a made $40k, analyst b made $54k, no justification to discrepancy)
The first two years I worked here, the company was great. Excellent manager, trusting environment, team setting. I would have given the company 4 stars at that time.

After two years, a coworker, with no managerial training or experience, was prematurely promoted to our team's new manager, as was another manager promoted to team director. Both were distrusting, emotionally unbalanced, and paranoid. Huge promotional mistakes. Distrust abounds here; it's common at this company that if a manager doesn't physically see you working, they just assume you weren't working. One week I would be praised for my work ethic, and the next week, without changing a thing, I would be reprimanded for poor performance. Depending on the mood of my manager, I was either fantastic or failing; it didn't matter what the metrics showed. There was just no winning.

The stress became too much. I was constantly sick due to it and I later resigned.

Be warned: This place is a craps shoot. Depending on your manager(s), you'll either have a great experience, or this will be the job from Helle. Or, you'll get one of the bipolar managers, like mine, and have a great experience from Helle.
Great Company
Human Resource Operations Intern (Former Employee), Longmont, COApril 28, 2014
DigitalGlobe is a great place to have a career. They understand job/work life balance and allow their employees to work on challenging interesting things.
Good place to work.
Systems Intern (Former Employee), Longmont, COApril 23, 2014
Pros: team building activities. ambitious, friendly employees.
Cons: complex systems.
It is a good place to work with good people. Going through a period of transition to more modern practices, but overall, a good culture.
Great divide between labor and senior management team
Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee), ColoradoJanuary 21, 2014
Cons: little opportunity for growth, learning.
Since merging with Geoeye, DigitalGlobe has been focusing on cutting costs and firming product offerings. Unfortunately this has stagnated internal growth and advancement, in favor of demonstrating gains to investors.
The senior management team is focusing on growing new lines of business without consulting their experienced labor force, resulting in wasted efforts and and constant internal arguments.
A great deal of time is spent developing internal culture at the corporate level, however these values are soon discarded at the individual level. Employee ratings are designed to marginalize above average performance. Lastly, the company prefers to re-title employees over adjusting compensation based on duties; relevant experience will rarely translate into competitive pay.

Overall this company is driven by senior management ego, but takes the time to go through the motions of thoughtful management then ignores all thought at its first convenience.
From what I've heard DG is a diiferent place these days
Collection Planning System Engineer (Former Employee), Longmont, CODecember 30, 2013
Pros: interesting and challenging work close to the rocky mountains
Cons: can't think of any you wouldn't find in any job
When I worked at DG the company was going through the process of going from a start-up to a publicly traded company, so it was a period of large changes. Talking to people that work there now it is considerably more stable and still growing.
DigitalGlobe is a great place to work!
Director (Former Employee), Longmont, CODecember 17, 2013
Pros: free soft drinks, bagel/donut tuesday, great benefits, nice facility
Cons: at periods the hours can be long
DigitalGlobe is a fast paced high tech company. They employ only the best and smartest in the industry. It was great to be a part of such a great company and team.

The management is supportive. They have established a vision and strategy. They do a great job of communicating this and business decisions to employees.
Cool Product
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Thornton, COOctober 10, 2013
Excellent experience, good career opportunities, unique product.
Unique Environment
Program Manager (Current Employee), Longmont, COSeptember 24, 2013
A typical day at this job involves 5 hours of meetings, at least 8-10 unexpected email actions with short timelines. As a PM working SDLC in support an imagery satellite build--there are always opportunities to learn. I mostly learn from the aerospace engineers and software developers. The employees are incredibly talented. The hardest part of the job is the 2-hour one way commute.
Productive and professional work setting.
Customer Support (Former Employee), Thornton, COAugust 25, 2013
Pros: benefits and fellow workers.
Cons: job security.
Great place to learn about the Geospatial industry.

Management = Great
Co-Workers = Great
Benefits = Best perks I have seen
Great Place to Work
Senior Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MOAugust 7, 2013
Pros: great workers, good perks, flexible hours
Really liked my coworkers and the atmosphere. Not much room for advancement though. You can get a different job title but do the same job.

Office is closing though.
Hi
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Herndon, VAMay 23, 2013
Great company to learn the industry because I was able to move around a lot.
Productive and stimulating place to work
Project Specialist (Former Employee), Thornton, COApril 23, 2013
Pros: great environment, great people
Cons: company was bought out by competitor, uncertain if standards will remain the same as when i worked there.
Comfortable environment with people who are encouraging and cooperative. The company makes a good effort to provide incentive and employee appreciation activities, as well as offering good benefits. Opportunities for training and advancement are available and encouraged.
Senior Writer/Editor
Senior Writer/Editor, Marketing Communications (Current Employee), Herndon, VAApril 1, 2013
Working as a writer/editor for GeoEye has been an amazing experience. I learned a great deal over the past 3-plus years. The executive team was generous with their time and knowledge, and it was a joy to work with them.