Dignity Health

Dignity Health Employee Reviews

Senior Systems Analyst
IT QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2014
IT Consultant working close with multiple clients and advises them on different technical facets in order to offer support to their demands and problems related to the technology being implemented. Helped in providing strategic guidance to the organization related it Quality Assurance, and System administrator duties. Highlights include:
 Test Architect (Ascension Health): Managed implementation and set up of HP QC 11.0 for SAP ERP program. Developed, updated, and maintained testing standards and procedures. Created training program to be used by company on use of and maintenance of HP Quality Center.
 Governance Test Lead (Google): Managed application and user acceptance test for two releases of a telecom enterprise implementation. Trained Google Analysts on standard testing processes and procedures which include test planning, test execution, test data, and defect management, metrics and reporting. Managed 30 users during UAT test execution which allowed completion of UAT on scheduled and budget. Utilized multiple project management tools in order to manage resources and risks across all aspects of testing.
 Test Assessment Consultant (AVNET): Consultant of testing in order to assess the clients testing capabilities. This was done through the use of client interviews and assessment of the clients testing documentation. The assessment looked at the capabilities through the use of the testing maturity model. Analyzed the companies testing capabilities as compared to industry standards best practices. Once complete, formulated short term and long term recommendations for how
  more... to improve company standards.
 Windows Administrator (Starwood Hotels): Administered all personal computers for Starwood Hotels WS/FTP monetary account transfers. Configured FTP accounts, Windows account lockouts, and PC imaging. Created documentation for future administrators on setup of accounts for the monetary transfers.
 XML Forms Tester (USPS): Developed Business Intelligence test data to be used for all backend testing for PostalOne. Tested messaging of BI data store using XMLSpy, MQ Utility, Oracle 10g, and Informatics. Created SQL queries in Toad to verify the results of testing. Utilized Test Director 7.6 to test and verify the results and verify all requirements have been met with PostalOne.
 Test Certification SME (Accenture - MIT): Worked with MIT and Accenture’s Solution Delivery Academy in order to develop testing certification. Reviewed and critiqued questions provided for testing center of excellence. Contributed to the creation of exam questions for software analysis and design certification
 Test Lead (SRP): Directed eight contractors in M*Power which is a utility automation system integration testing for utility company. Created documentation for manual test planning and execution during the test planning phase. Developed test strategies and test planning documentation by partnering with business subject matter experts to validate requirements. Worked with business in order to develop test metrics program to be used to track metrics, status, and issues/defect management.
 Systems Administrator (US Treasury Department): Provided network infrastructure support for data center. Administered onsite server support and maintenance of Linux machines utilizing Red Hat Enterprise. Performed network cabling runs and set up of 100+ Cisco, Solaris, and Dell Servers. Documented and maintained servers for the redundant data center.
 Systems Analyst (TSYS): Provided testing expertise in critical areas of banking solution for credit card processing. Attended business analysts meetings for knowledge transfer and documentation for Quality Assurance department to be able to test all requirements. Created templates for use in the development of test script development. Ensured efficiency and attainment of goals by effectively managing all schedules and budgets as related to the Security module of Vital Express. Responded to project managements request to evaluate any open defects before the product went into operational readiness; i.e. beta. Developed Beta program to test the application and validate application works as designed.
From the best job ever to the worst in just a few years
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2013
Rampant incompetence, miserable employees, rude and condescending managers, some that are even threatening, hostile, dishonest, and utterly without ethics. I think our CEO would fall into tears if he were to see how our office was managed. AVOID THIS BACKSTABBING, HOSTILE, INFIGHTING type of environment. No money is worth it. And some jobs do pay well, but many other employees have laughable salaries. And getting a promotion is impossible unless you can stomach CONSTANTLY trying to smooze and boost the egos of the nasty and incompetent management.

Used to love working here. Never dreaded a single day of work. It's changed so much in a few short years that seeing employees in tears has become a regular occurrence. They have run so many good employees/managers/leaders out, primarily for having opinions based on years of solid experience that didn't jive with our clueless leaders, some who lack even the most basic skill sets of our field. I've been really lucky so far and haven't been targeted much or had to be involved with too much drama. I try to stay under the radar. Still, it is just too emotionally intense and draining to even be in that environment, and I can't wait to find something else.

The best advice I could give someone who wants to work there is don't try and stand up for anything, no matter how ridiculous the things you're told to do are, or what your many years of experience have taught you to the contrary. This is not the place where you get to use those skills, or contribute to the greater good. Just smile a lot, be quiet, and try not too appear overly intelligent.
  more... If you do that, you should be fine. You can stay out of the mess and not get targeted by any managerial bullies.

It's all quite sad, actually. This company used to be in touch with its core values and a real bright spot in its industry, but it has completely lost its way.
Pros
decent work-life balance for some departments, remote days
Cons
just about everything else. think about the worst things a job can become, and there's your list.
Sr. ETL Developer
Sr. ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Phoeix, AZFebruary 2, 2015
• Conducted JAD sessions with business users and SME's for better understanding of the reporting requirements.
• Design and developed end-to-end ETL process from various source systems to Staging area, from staging to Data Marts.
• Develop high level and detailed level technical and functional documents consisting of Detailed Design Documentation function test specification with use cases and unit test documents
• Analysis of source systems and work with business analysts to identify study and understand requirements and translate them into ETL code
• Handled technical and functional call across the teams.
• Responsible for the Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) Architecture & Standards implementation
• Responsible for offshore Code delivery and review process
• Used Informatica to extract data from DB2, UDB, XML, Flat files and Excel files to load the data into the Teradata
• Worked in all phases of Data Integration from heterogeneous sources, legacy systems to Target Database.
• Worked on Informatica Power Center tool – Source Analyzer, Warehouse designer, Mapping and Mapplet Designer, Transformations, Informatica Repository Manager, Informatica Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor
• Involved in Design Review, code review, test review, and gave valuable suggestions.
• Worked with different Caches such as Index cache, Data cache, Lookup cache (Static, Dynamic and Persistence) and Join cache while developing the Mappings.
• Created partitions for parallel processing of data and also worked with DBAs to enhance the data load during production.
• Performance tuned informatica
  more... session, for large data files by increasing block size, data cache size, and target based commit
• Worked on CDC (Change Data Capture) to implement SCD (Slowly Changing Dimensions).
• Worked with data Extraction, Transformation and Loading data using BTEQ, Fast load, Multiload
Working M-F in outpatient radiology services was very enjoyable
Mammographic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYMay 10, 2012
Overall Mercy was a pleasant atmosphere to work in. Clean and reasonably paced patient schedule. I enjoyed working for and with the Radiologists. The most rewarding aspect of being a mammo tech is servicing the public. I enjoy working with patients giving them the utmost patient care making sure their experience is as pleasant
as possible with the ensuing breast exam. On the contrary, the management team was not the most proficient; there were constant inconsistencies in protocol and unfortunately coming from different sources. Scheduling of breast biopsies was unfair to both the patient and the mammo tech and at times the surgeon involved. I recall patients waiting up to an hour or more before the biopsy ensued due to the surgeon and/or radiologist delay. This further added to patient anxiety knowing a breast biopsy is forthcoming. As a result the mammo techs often did not get adequate time to eat lunch also. I don't believe the mammo tech should have had to run specimens to the lab. A designated lab asst. should collect from all departments that require specimen analysis. Ultimately, I found a place to work with reliable adept management, steady hours including lunch breaks and a higher salary. It however, was a pleasure working close to home and having my weekends off. Being a graduate of the MMC School of Radiography in Aug 2000, I would have loved to have continued working for Mercy. Ironically due to a lay off in 2009 at my former place of employment, I am currently seeking full or even part time employment now in mammography. It is my passion but I have been unfortunate
  more... in doing so in today's economy.  less
Pros
great radiography school, close to home, pleasure working with doctors
Cons
inadequate lunch breaks, delays in biopsies, nonproficient management
Clickish Staff and Ineffective Director
OB Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 13, 2014
I was responsible for preparing OR setup, assisting and scrubbing for C-sections, D and C's, and hysterectomies; cleaning up patient, application of dressings, and terminal cleaning of OR after cases. -Other duties included and not limited to: ordering of all women's center supplies (Labor and Delivery, Postpartum, Nursery and NICU), stocking of the entire women's center, health unit secretary duties (ordering labs, answering phones, putting together charts, filing prenatal records and other data, unit tours for prospective delivering patients). My shift coworkers were great and easy to get along with. My shift managers were great! The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the dead weight on the previous shift that many times did nothing leaving the stock virtually empty on a consistent basis- making the unit unsafe. When all of my shift managers and myself went to the director, she basically just blew us off, rationalized and made excuses for the person in question. She continued to defend her and took no action even when told the work wasn't done because the person was looking up recipes and making vacation plans!
Another example, a nurse changed the entire operating room equipment around without consulting any of the OR staff (anesthesiologist, anesthesia tech, scrub tech, nursery nurses). The room needed to be set up a certain way because of outlets, towers, wall tubing, Pyxis, and cabinets. Once again, the director took no action and rationalized the behavior of the nurse despite the complaints of the entire OR staff. Please keep in mind, the director had absolutely
  more... no experience in the department that she was in charge of.  less
Pros
my shift coworkers were great and highly skilled!
Cons
ineffective director in the department.
Never a dull moment in Emergency Department.
Phlebotomy and Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 30, 2015
Always walk in with a smile . People here are having a ruff day with pain and we are here to help with comfort and relief. My co- workers are trying to get a helping hand and I always find the time to help as I walk to my work station to see what I need to start on. I greet everyone around me without interruption. Nurse needs assistant to help with IV,application and blood draw. Also have to get the patient in a gown before we put her on a monitor and preform an EKG and then analyze the blood to check levels for possible heart or blood clot issue. A patient needs a pillow and a bed pan. I rush to help to provide quick and proper care. Analyzer is finished running. Results are over danger level. I find the proper Physician for patient and report results.A co-worker needs help with Transporting a patient to to a hospital room. We are told where to take the patient given patient records and room number. We take Patient to there room with there belongings. There is a call over head in the hospital. we are receiving a Trama in the Emergency Department. Time to rush down and help. As soon as we get there we put bed away and go into Trama room with the Lab tray.The patient is brought in by Paramedics. They rush to tell us vitals of the patient, we put monitor on and check blood pressure and find another IV site if needed. Draw blood label and send to lab. Preform an EKG. Wait for Doctors orders. My job is normally finished in Trama room. Time to help with other patients. Usually can look around to see what my next job is. Always patient compassion and priority.
Pros
Love to be a part in helping others
Cons
Short lunches
Overall okay company just the management team made work difficult
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 4, 2014
Typically at work I would come in and see which bucket "particular doctor district I had to work on for the day. We typically work on these buckets once a week. At this job I learned how to analyze refill request from pharmacies based on doctor's protocol using my mind to make educated assessment as to what is being asked. At previous jobs I've had a pharmacist on staff who advised me on what to do and I just complied at this job I didn't. Management was ok however there was some favoritism and clique behind the scene. As far as my co-workers they were great at their job however because management didn't know how to lead and manage the team we didn't work together as well as we could have if we all felt safe within our job. I learned how to deal with my fellow co-workers in a close environment unlike what I have been used to. Typically I've worked in outpatient and dealt with the customers directly. At this job it was more cubicle setting. To me that was the hardest thing because if somebody had a bad day everybody felt it because you were in such close proximity to others. I've never had a manager that I felt I couldn't trust all the way but this job has caused me to grow stronger in my own personal life and learn how to deal with others who may be a little tough to deal with. From this job I will definitely miss the co-workers and the laughs we shared and the couple of close relationships I made from working there.
Volunteer work on 6th floor Surgical/Ortho
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJune 9, 2013
I enjoy volunteering on the 6th floor Surgical/Ortho very much. It is very satisfying and enjoyable working with the nurses and the Unit Assistant as well as meeting and talking to patients. When my shift starts for volunteer work; I usually start by greeting the UA, help the nurses by passing out food trays to patients, passing out ice water, refill the glove boxes in all the rooms, and refill the nurse trays in all the rooms. In between those duties, I might be at the front desk taking calls while the UA is on break or busy with something else, running errands for the floor, or discharging patients. I have learned how a typical floor of a hospital operates. I have learned how nurses, doctors, the UA, and other medical specialists communicate to provide the best care for the patients. There is usually 6 or 7 nurses, 1 UA, and a charge nurse working at a time. I work and communicate with all the nurses and the UA to perform my duties effectively. The hardest part of my job is when I get a call from a different department about a certain issue that I have no idea about, so to solve the issue I will figure out the solution the best I can but if I cannot I will either take a message or transfer the call to another nurse. The most enjoyable part of the job is joking around with the nurses and the UA and helping patients whether it's getting them water or wheeling them out when they are discharged.
Pros
entertaining staff and a great floor
Cons
can be slow
I enjoyed my position as a Transporter/Driver
Transporter/Driver (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 26, 2014
My day was very busy with Pickup and Deliveries of Films, imaging CD's, Patient Health Information, Deposits, mail, interoffice documents, radiological equipment and supplies. These pickup and deliveries were to and from hospitals, medical clinics, imaging centers and doctor offices.

I learned to self-route myself for efficiency, learned more areas of the greater Sacramento area, learned how to better communicate with customers in difficult situations solving problems and avoiding problems before they happen and learned to better communicate with fellow employees.

I learned how management looked at problems from their point of view. I always tried to work with management for better efficiency and to increase productivity. I worked hard at bringing problems to the attention of management as well as bringing forth ideas to deal with possible future problems.

I enjoyed most of my coworkers. We often helped each other out with covering routes and scheduling days off.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with misinformation or lack of information for pickup and deliveries to/for a customer. Very hard to get the source of information to correct themselves.

Self-routing and accomplishing all the pickup and deliveries within the time limit of the work day.It was very challenging some days.
Pros
good medical, dental, vision and paid time off benefits.
Cons
being laid off so suddenly
Excellent employer, very open communication with admin.
Senior Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 1, 2012
I was employed for 26 years total for CRMC. During that time I transitioned from in-house to work-at home in medical transcription. Our leaders are some of the best and I feel communication between management was always easy and accessible. During the last year of work--when our department was being phased out, the lay off was handled with utmost integrity and sensitivity. I can only say positive things about my experience at CRMC. I was very disciplined to be able to work at home and get my job done with above-average numbers. My immediate supervisor was always helpful and constructive in communication. Hardest part of the job was actually working at home--it was a bit lonely, but otherwise great, as well as working at home was equally the best thing about the job. We did have a set shift and had to put in 8 hours on a regular schedule, but the schedule was overall flexible as conflicts would come up. As employees we did have regular phone conferences with all of our co- workers and especially in the last year while we were being displaced, and lent each other support going through this downturn. I enjoyed my job so much that I always thought I would retire working for Chandler Regional Medical Center--I have great loyalty and respect for Dignity Health Care.
Pros
excellent benefits, and vendors always available. education. classes--yoga, etc.
Cons
none that i can complain about.
This hospital is going downhill at break-neck speed!
RN (Former Employee) –  NursingApril 13, 2013
This used to be a quality hospital but sadly is now 3rd rate. There are many excellent nurses there who can barely keep afloat under the workload. Management's answer to every problem is to make a new form. There is "rounding" by management checking up on things and it is quite obvious that their primary concern is that the boxes are all checked on forms-not that the care is actually being provided. They write up nurses on a daily basis for petty issues. Many lay-offs. Since they can't cut RN ratios, they have removed many ancillary staff. Example: nobody to answer phones in ICU. How would you like to be a family member calling about your loved one and you can't get through? The nurses are too busy with the patients and, of course the forms!
Management is downright rude and nasty to staff. They actually make up stories and say other staff members complained about somebody and you are prohibited from talking to others about it. Of course, people do talk and the lies are found out but there is ABSOLUTELY no recourse.
The sad part is the patients end up suffering. The nasty attitude of management has permeated throughout the place and oftentimes other departments are now nasty and rude to each other.
The RN union rep is useless and ineffective!!
Pros
the patients. the salary (thank the union for that)
Cons
management attitude, workload, hard to get a break, no job security the list is endless
Bakersfield Memorial Hospital
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Overall, great organization that really strives to be current and offer a competitive edge in the community. The downside is that the hospital is Unionized by the SEIU for Allied Healthcare positions (LVNs, CNAs, Medical Assistants, Surgical Techs, X-ray Techs) and the CNA union for RNs. I am a non-union employee and I really do not like how the Union & it's employee representatives, are always fighting the change that leadership is trying to make- for the good! Grant it, clinical staff is not guaranteed to work 40hrs a week- but the standby, the time and half call-back pay, continuing education hours freely given, constant incremental raises, make up for it. Most of the time, this hospital is short-staffed, but I genuinely believe it is because Bakersfield is a difficult market to sell to RNs from Los Angeles (the area and the pay is not comparable). The Union protects the worst employees who breed a culture of bullying and negativity, at least in my department.
Pros
Benefits: FREE HEALTH INSURANCE, Tuition Reimbursement, opportunity for growth among other Dignity Health facilities.
Cons
Bakersfield Memorial Hospital Cons: Union Hospital. Physicians get away with bad behavior, senior admin. will let them have their way even though it affects our department budgets, staffing levels, and contrary to our own policies.
Paperwork,paperwork, etc.
RN (Current Employee) –  Community Hospital San BernardinoApril 1, 2013
This Hospital use to be top of line in my opinion. Last 7 years it is all about profit. Save money at employee and patient expense. No ward clerks and CNA. Rn's are required to play CNA, Ward clerk, Housekeeping. 50 percent time only spent on patient care. Have to put charts together, and paperwork and forms are out of control. Answer phones, and doors and and by the way, DON'T clock out late.Never get AM and PM breaks. Pretty much get lunch, but if busy day and you tell manager you have not had lunch. You just get ok, do your best. Most Manager and upper management should not hold their positions. It is all about who you know and who likes you. Upper management has most of their family employed within the Hospital. Most upper management has worked their way up and do not possess the degrees that are required for that position. I am lucky in that the people I work with are hard working and try to work together. OH, and the union is a joke. They tell you fill out the paperwork. You have to fill out then walk it to the other side of hospital for time stamp then walk back and file. There is no time to do that I prefer to have Lunch. Oh, and make sure patent give you a good rating or else. When I have to be doing all the other things I can't always give patient care.
Pros
fellow employees. benefits
Cons
management. paperwork, paperwork, out of control.
Project management for a standardized and optimized EHR organization
EHR Pharmacy Implementation - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 31, 2015
Dignity Health exercises and upholds their Human Kindness motto through their treatment of associates as well as how employees treat each other.

All together, the 16 months with Dignity Health has earned me a learning experience I am grateful for:

- to plan, manage and ensure the success of a project's development, configuration, testing, training and implementation

- manage up to 8 team members and their daily/weekly tasks for completion and accuracy

- maintain the relationship between the EHR IT teams and the hospital pharmacies

- learn enterprise standards and understand how each hospital will fit into the grand design of a shared EHR domain

The difficult part of the job was balancing the responsibilities while trying to find the boundaries and history of the enterprise decisions. Without an on-boarding process to quickly catch new associates up to speed, piecing together the design alongside managing the success of an EHR implementation was no easy task.

In hindsight, the difficulties will always be out shadowed by the amazing relationships forged, and the opportunity to stretch my boundaries and grow.
Pros
Lasting relationships, growth opportunities
Cons
Lack of on-boarding options
The atmosphere at work was busy and at times it felt like family.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 19, 2012
My day at work as a medical records clerk was predictable, it wasn't any extra surpises on your desk to do. I come in knowing what to do and it was done. I only worn one hat and it was just as a medical records clerk. I can get all my work done quick and I had time to help others if needed. Management wasn't perfect but I've learned how to deal around that. My co workers was easy to get along with, they were supportive and helpful. What was hardest about my job was it wasn't challenging enough and it wasn't any room for advancement or no ladder to climb in the small office I worked for five years. I needed to grow and I felt myself getting bored with my assignments once I mastered them.But what I did enjoy the most about my job was the family oriented feeling I got working there, the treats, the rewards, and the freedom of going to lunch when you wanted to go (just as long it wasn't abused of course) What I have learnt at The Womens Gynecology center at Mercy was the importance of taking better care of yourself and being aware of the signs of Cancer.
Pros
smaller office, paid bonuses, family feel, frequent breakfast and luncheons
Cons
no room to grow, and management was not easy to get along with.
Great teamwork and Manager who listens and acts on our concerns and input.
LVN II (Current Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 18, 2013
Work 12 hr night shifts for the last 15 yrs. started as CNA and transport aide while studying Nursing at Shasta college. Start of shift is hectic at best, I usually arrive 30 minutes early to get my assignment and plan my priorities and time management for my shift. clock in and then receive report from day nurse, and start patient assessments, pain control, pick up dinner trays, document % consumed. Get hs meds out on time, set up patients for hs care, brush teeth, straighten bed linens, Change surgical dressings as ordered by surgeon. Turn patients every 2 hr's thru night. Start CERNER pc charting. vital signs per unit protocol. medicate patients in am befor shift change so they are comfortable with P.T. and am routines of the unit. Work with a great team of nurses, never have to ask for help, they see you have a new patient from ER and they are there to help admit patient with you. Hardest part of the job is a surgical patient with a poor prognosis, best part of the job, is seeing the patients get well and go home to their families.
Pros
having the teamwork, and great group of nurses i work with.
Cons
missed breaks and lunches when we are staff challenged
Stressful over worked, unknown postion
Cashier/Sales Associate/Cafe' Gillman (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 28, 2012
Over worked job settng, where yow always dealt with the short comings of co-workers and management. Management Staff were contracted from The Morrison/Compass Group.A lack of the concern to other staff members doing there job as outlined. Chef when asked about any needed shorted stocks, or staff was "I don't know" The Director, was always removed himself, by remaning in his office, far from the body of the kitchen and staff. He was so removed from staff and there required jobs. Co-Director, was and is a over worked great man, who does all, that has not be checked by the Chef. or checked by the Director. The Retail manager, was for the most part a over worked person who tried to take care of the short comings of others as he to was bookeeper, for the Cafe'. All Morrison/Compass employees shares a quite passive anger which have for each other as it hurts the staff and over all Nutrition Ser., Dept.. If questioned, each speaks about how stupid the other is and how there lack of interest in doing what is needed.
Pros
you eat non outside food and drink, for free
Cons
many, working there is all to stressful
overall great place to work
Lead Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rancho CordovaMarch 4, 2013
Overall it's a great place to work... as a 40+ year employee who started washing dishes in a hospital kitchen in 1970, I have a perspective that most fellow employees do not have. I've been able to move up many times in the past 40 years, worked in 4 hospitals in various positions, and am now in charge of day to day operations of a regional courier service, regional receiving, and a large on site inventory of forms and supplies. I've found that "bad" managers do come thru from time to time, but don't last long. Changes do occur, but with those changes there are always opportunities. Decisions are announced that I'm sure won't work, but they are generally corrected when proved unworkable. Working together, we usually manage to get it right. Lest you think I'm a "voice" for the company. there are a lot of times I have disagreed with the company, and I've never felt less than free to express my disagreements. My bosses have always encouraged questions, always asked for opinions.
Pros
great healthcare, good people, good work
Cons
the stress of continual changes common to the industry
Beware of working at the Prospect Park office in Rancho Cordova
Patient Account Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 2, 2013
The only pro about this job is that the company pays for your benefits. Once you become employed and start training it is obvious that they use “paying for your benefits” as a tactic to appear as if they are a great company to work for. The pay is incredibly low compared to other companies. And if you are hired at the Prospect Park location be prepared to be treated as if you are elementary school. I have never in all my years of employment felt such disrespect from the people that run the building and the direct supervisors on the teams. Some of the rules in the office include no eating at your desk, you can not have your cell phone sitting on your desk at any time, no eating in the break rooms(can only eat in the café or in your car), you can not hang personal items on your cubicle walls (you are limited to a small tack board which fits only about 3-4 picrtures) and you are not to have visitors from other units come to your cubicle even if they are just saying hi/how are you.
Pros
free benefits
Cons
management, office rules and pay

Comment – June 25, 2013

I'm employed with the PPCOE and I love it, speak up don't be afraid to say how you feel or being treated, and of course why would you want to eat at your desk, how tacky. were there to work not socialize be a grown up and you won't be treated as your in elementary school. If you know the work, tell your PAL maybe she/he isn't the right person for the job... Don't eat the café food it's not that great. They still to this day are trying to get the systems to work right. What was "corp". thinking when they merged everyone. If they only let the employees do their job it would run a lot smoother. We'd have that raise every year and bonuses like we hear some got every quarter/month.

If working in a busy labor and delivery triage unit with many high risk mothers needing full workups is what you like to do, then this is the place.
Certified Nurse Midwife/ In patient L&D triage (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 11, 2012
Typical day: 4 triage beds with most of them filled at same time, usually on continuous fetal monitors. One RN assisting but sometimes she was caring for active L&D patients at the same time as well depending on how well L&D was staffed. Most of the responsibility for assessment, FHR strip checks, exams and consultations with the OB residents on duty was on the CNM.
Decisions made to determine labor status, check for ruptured membranes, fetal surveillance needs, preterm labor assessments and frequently full evaluations on PIH status. Had a 4 hr limit on how long an OB patient could stay in triage or needed to be d/c home or admitted to a L&D bed.

This was a 12 shift day and night in- house position. No call, no labor or delivery duties except an occasional precip delivery in triage because the patient was too close to transfer into another room.
Pros
the cnms, residents, and medical staff were great.
Cons
sometimes no breaks.