DIGNITY HEALTH

DIGNITY HEALTH Employer Reviews

Fast paced environment
Registered Nurse, Telemetry (Current Employee), Gilbert,AZApril 10, 2014
Pros: having excellent co-workers-great director
Very busy, you need to be very good at time management. Co-workers on unit are team players The hardest part of my job is getting time management skills in order for the day, everyday is different. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with good team players.
Good place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2014
Very process oriented and sometimes frustratingly bureaucratic trying too much too fast (often resulting in unnecessary inefficiencies) but generally very supportive culture and supports telecommuting allowing for better work life balance opportunity.
fun working with babies
Certified Lactation Educator/ Asst to Coordinator (Current Employee), Glendale, CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: standing long periods of time
stated week slow and picked up by second day. Helping new and experienced moms with Breastfeeding.
STOCKING,SERVICES
Food and Nutrition Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, GAApril 8, 2014
I STOCK DIFFERENT PRODUCT,IN MAKE SURE THE PATIENTS HAVE WHAT THEY NEED
fellow employees were terrific, but corporate culture has changed.
former employee (Former Employee), Northern CaliforniaApril 4, 2014
Pros: lots of communication between workers and management. good benefits and salary packages, and decent severance packages. great employees.
Cons: cold corporate culture.
Fellow employees were great. Dignity Health's front line workers are dedicated to the company's stated core values. However, the corporate culture has changed. Catholic Healthcare West was a warmer, more personable corporation... with the name change to Dignity Health came a cooling down. Dignity Health has shown it cares for "people" but not persons. – more... Persons have become secondary to money.
It is still a good place to work, so long as you understand that for Dignity Health the money always come first. – less
Revenue Cycle Driven Company
Senior Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: a great family of hospitals, and other facilities
Cons: the recent merge
I am responsible for the unidentified division in the cash posting department. A typical day consist of me processing refunds, posting cash to account, balancing spreadsheets, and supporting staff with problem payments.The management is consumed with productivity. I have very hardworking focused coworkers. The hardest part of my job is there is there – more... is not enough time in the day. the best part of my job is the gratification i get when I am suppoorting the stuff and getting through my work load. – less
Great opportunity to learn and teach
Director of Case Management (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 27, 2014
Educating and mentoring staff. Working with physicians and staff on Medicare guidelines to decrease RAC denials. Worked with revenue cycle and staff on decreasing commercial denials.
Case management needed more administrative support while I was employed.
I enjoyed teaching and mentoring a staff that was eager to learn.
Love my job
Food and Nutrition Service (Current Employee), GlendaleMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: per diems may work as part/full time, but without benefits
Some days there is more work then others depending on how many patients are in the hospital. However, I love what I do, sometimes times flies, and then is time to punch out and go home.
Terminated without Cause after 2 months
Management, non-union (Former Employee), Mercy General Hospital, Sacramento CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good salary & benefits
Cons: fired for no reason!
I was terminated without cause after 2 months while still in orientation. Not only that but when I applied for a position at another Dignity Health facility in another town & I was blatantly told the position is no longer available & I know for a fact it was. Am I blacklisted? Is this even legal? Does anyone know a good lawyer since I want to take Dignity – more... Health to the cleaners!!!! – less
Avoid If You Have A Disability Or Chronic Condition
QA Analyst III / Test Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2014
Pros: direct managment, salary, life balance
Cons: human resources
The company pays fairly well for the type of work I was assigned. My immediate Manager and Director were wonderful people to work with and work for.

There is always a hurry up and wait mentality with projects. I would keep myself busy while waiting for a project to begin (3+ months) and then the Senior Leaders, those above my Manager & Director, wanted – more... the project done in half the time needed to complete it with quality.

Human Resources, however, is the primary area of issues and needs an overhaul; STAT! They ignore emails and voicemail messages for weeks & months or just never respond. They conveniently disregard written policies and make decisions that cause additional barriers for employees with a disability, have a chronic condition, or take care of a family member with a disability or chronic condition.

Do yourself a favor and work someplace else; a place where Human Resources isn't above the policies or the law. – less
Pleasant place to work
Manager, Medical Staff Services Department (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 22, 2014
Cons: long hours, great deal of clean up not able to accomplish in 1 year.
Medical Staff & Credentialing Services processes
Hired to clean up and organize the office. Progress made in the year I was there was rewarding. Files cleaned, completed, data entry completed and organization of both the physical space to meet safety regulations and systems and processes.

Learning: New systems and processes for credentialing, obtaining – more... contracts, payment to physician leadership, time cards, new culture.

Co-works: Pleasant and customer service oriented – less
Quality Care
Quality Review Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2014
Pros: family oriented office
Cons: management
My job as a QRA required me to verify that the correct medical records were scanned into the right electronic medical record
Patient Care and Employement Services
Medical Office Representative (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: yearly craft and book fairs
Enjoy patient care in everyday work in making the patients and doctor's happy in their daily routine.
Clean Healthcare Facility
Volunteer (Former Employee), Rockville Centre,NYMarch 6, 2014
This is a great environment to work in. Taught me to live everyday like its your last because I've seen people who are fine one day and the next day, their gone. Everyone I've worked with taught me good team effort skills and are very warm and welcoming. The most enjoyable thing of this job is helping the sick and the hardest part of this job is seeing – more... sick people and seeing people die. – less
good hospital
Assist therapist after delivery (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 4, 2014
good hospital , staff are very helpful in answering any question students may have. you get a lot of hands on experience.
one of the best if not the best emplyer in stockton and beyond
Parking Attendent (Current Employee), Stockton, CAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches, service awards and a sense of oneness.
Cons: when your dedication and diligence goes unnoticed.
Punctuality and attendance is my hallmark. The starting time 0f 5.30 am is awesome to say the least. Everyone is treated alike irrespective of their job description, there is no difference in approach, do you job right in accordance with dignity health policies and practices and expect to be treated with respect and decency.My co-workers are wonderful, – more... there is a lot of light hearted interaction on a reciprocal basis.
The hardest part of the job is when their is a breakdown or when the weather is not that favorable. And the hardest of them all, is when friends and family come flocking to the hospital to bid their final farewell to a passing loved one.
The most enjoyable part is the grand opportunity to serve so many people in so many ways. – less
I encourage others to come and explore the Dignity Health System.
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee), Santa Maria, CAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: excellent breaks, free coffee, comfortable break rooms. great work to patient ratio.
Cons: i haven't experienced any cons.
Staffed extremely well, with helpful and positive employees offering their assistance whether nursing related or equipment related. Everyone has a smile, and I see that the clientele are genuinely pleased with their care on a whole. The hardest part, I would say is my downfall in foreign languages. The most enjoyable part of my job is what I have learned – more... in foreign languages by reading up, using the phone translator system, and the clients themselves patiently helping me with my translations. – less
Healthcare
Medical Records Clerk, Responsibilities (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: learning different task
Cons: getting to know people
helping people who need help, Processing Medical Records answering the phone
Exciting and Skill Building Job
CNA 2 (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: 12 hour shifts
Cons: long work days
The most enjoyable part of my job at Mercy was the variety of positions available ensuring expansion of my on the jobs skills. Continuing education requirements were a necessary part of this job and this kept me constantly acquiring new skills and abilities, such as learning to interpret cardiac rhythm. The 12 hour shifts made for a long day however, – more... the 4 days off per week made up for it very well. The staff and management always went out of their way to help fellow employees and the work atmosphere was very positive. Mercy was a very exciting and fun place of employment. – less
Registrar Int - Admitting PRN (Former Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great people to work for.
This is an overall great place to work. You hear their ads and that is what they are about.

1 2 3 4 5

About DIGNITY HEALTH

With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career – Read more