Dignity Health

Dignity Health Employee Reviews

Very much a corporation and not ran as a hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Merced, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: no breaks, short staffed
I worked there 10+ years because I had no financial choice.
Management is very poor and not available for a resource.
The physicians are allowed to belittle and demand unsafe expectations from their nursing staff.
Learned a lot
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Rogers, ARJune 30, 2015
There were many things to learn in a short period of time, I enjoyed the problem solving and fast paced work. I like the management team and the effectiveness
Good Company
Admitting Registrar/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2015
This is a very good company to work for and is very rewarding. I learned many skills to apply to my life and future work. This is a company that appreciates their employees.
Not the best job I've had
Cafeteria Aide (Former Employee), Mason City, IAJune 26, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Uniforms
Although I made decent money at this job, the daily stress caused me to want to leave. My manager for some reason I felt didn't think that I was capable of being left alone to get my work done which frustrated me greatly. A typical day at work was basically cleaning the cafeteria and serving dinner. I learned that the medical field was not for me. The nurses and doctors were very rude due to them being tired of work. Management was a disaster and no one ever knew what was going on. There was always a problem with people not showing up or favoritism. most of my co workers were good to work with. We all work with someone who gets on everyone's nerves.
Want to love my job, but management doesn't live the values
Executive Assistant, Dignity Health (Current Employee), sacramento, caJune 26, 2015
Pros: amazing medical benefits for you and your family
Cons: management doesn't walk the talk
I love what I do and love my co-workers. But there is no room for advancement. Management does not practice what they preach. They do not live "Hello humankindness" or the company's core values.
Great Benefits
Recruiter (Current Employee), Glendale, CAJune 25, 2015
Dignity Health offers the most generous benefits package compared to its competitors. The values and mission are lived daily and kindness promoted for the greater good.
Dignity Health
Administrative duties (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 24, 2015
Pros: The job
Cons: None
Great Company and loved working here. Left as I strived for an undergraduate degree and found an opportunity at University of Phoenix. Otherwise I would have never left.
fast pace, learning new things all the time.
ACC (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORJune 19, 2015
reviewing and ordering of doctors orders. i learned to work well with others and work as a team. Learning a wide variety of skills, Working closely with doctors and nurses to give the patients the best care available.
Productive and fun work enviroment
Clinical Externship I (Former Employee), Merced, CAJune 18, 2015
Pros: knowledgeable staff, organized department, ample parking
My first internship gave me the opportunity to see what being and RT is all about. My preceptors taught me a lot. It would be definitely be the kind of place where I'd love to work.
Company that is continuously growing and changing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJune 13, 2015
Dignity Health is ever changing to stay up with healthcare changes, while continuing to grow and increase their specialty services. There were no typical days with Dignity Health. Timekeeping, calendar management, regulatory compliance were observed and maintained frequently along with whatever the day might bring. Dignity Health taught me better time management skills, efficiency, and flexibility.
Satisfied
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: Location is too far from home
Dignity Health is a good place to work, however; its too far from home to maintain a good balance between work and home life.
Hello Human Kindness
Registrar (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZJune 11, 2015
Pros: Admitting week
Cons: Did not get breaks
As most people in Phoenix, Arizona have seen in the commercials for Dignity Health, Human Kindness is the Motto of the company. I practice this every day even when i am not in the work place. It is a great company. I always enjoy going to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help patients feel comfortable and welcome. Registrars are the face of the hospital. A patients initial experience can determine the outcome of their stay. So I always greeted them with a warm heart and smile and made sure that they knew we care and that they are in good hands. It is great to work for an employer, who's employees all strive for patient satisfaction.
Not for Profit that is Very Greedy
Analyst (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: I get a paycheck
Cons: Pay is low, benefits are mediocre, and there is too much management
Dignity Health is not for profit when convenient to them, they are religious when convenient. Actually the company is only compassionate about bottom line that is what human kindness means, more money for the top.
Love my co-workers and the people that work at CRMC
ROI Clerk (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJune 8, 2015
Pros: Free Benefits
Cons: Micro-managed
I love learning new things and helping others with any problems or issues that arise. I have learned as aspects of the processes within the department within a short amount of time. I'm the super user for Cerner and currently working on the processes for the 90-day validation process that will allow us to review charts and validate that the records are within the patients chart so that records can then be destroyed.
Patients are very important
LVN Pediatrics (Former Employee), Carmichael, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: great patients
Cons: RN was not present
Patients are very important. Everyday was busy, management did not understand the scope of employment nor scope of practice.
One girl office situation
Administrative Assistant to Chief Medical Officer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 3, 2015
Pros: Small office atmosphere
Cons: Went out of business
Very small privately owned trucking company
Co-workers great, but only 3 of them
Learned about over the road trucks
Keeping payroll correct
Meeting the customers
Busy days
Physician HR Specialist (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 3, 2015
• Assists the Director through screening all physician and midlevel applications
• Posts positions to numerous websites, including Mercy’s own site, in-state medical schools job boards, and additional specialty-specific sites
• Completes reference checks on applicants
• Manages the coordination of upcoming physician visits. This involves contacting all key players in the interview, obtaining hotel reservations, booking flights, and making meal reservations
• Tracks and reports on all recruitment-related expenses
• Oversees, establishes and maintains all recruitment goals with our Director
• Obtains complete credentialing information for hired physicians to gain Medical Staff Privileges
• Creates and distributes all recruitment fliers and postcards
Rewarding to work with individiuals in mental health
Behavioral Specialist/Offi ce mgr/Site mgr (Former Employee), Nassua/Suffolk countyJune 2, 2015
Pros: Rewarding experience of "paying it forward"
Cons: Demanding position
A rewarding experience to care for the needs of individuals in the office of mental health and developmental disabilities. Care included, but not limited to, direct care of the individual, medication management, financial management, recreation management, health management, payroll, staff schedule, inventory for residence and office. The rewards of having the ability to improve some ones life on many different levels are priceless
Not much to do, but gain minimum knowledge of hospital layout and workings
Volunteer (Former Employee), Rockville Centre, NYMay 31, 2015
Pros: Experienced on a basic level how a hospital worked
Cons: Not very structured on student volunteer responsibilities
A typical day as a volunteer didn't consist of much. After signing in, I would float between helping at the front desk, the emergency room, various other wards, and patient rooms. Besides the patients rooms, I wasn't summoned to these sections of the hospital, but would have to proactively go there and ask if my assistance was needed. I couldn't do much besides transport certain patients to different wards and rooms, fetch patients water, and remake beds. Little to say about management, I interacted little with them, but the ones I did interact with made the experience worthwhile. The hardest part of the job was at times having nothing to do for hours and remaining idle. The most enjoyable part is that usually you volunteered with a group of fellow high school students at the same time, so I met new people as well as hung out with friends.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMay 29, 2015
They were very organized with their volunteer process. The nurses were very kind to the volunteers. The assignments were not hard to follow.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dignity Health

With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career – Read more

Dignity Health Salaries