Dignity Health Employee Reviews

demanding schedulle
Lead Prior Authorizations Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 4, 2016
overall good place to work. need more training for staff to be able to full perform the job as required. Coworkers were a plus.
Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2016
Good benefits, good work life balance and management. They allowed telecommuting which is very nice. Senor leadership was lacking. No real direction. Mostly reacting to budget.
Bakersfield Memorial Hospital
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Overall, great organization that really strives to be current and offer a competitive edge in the community. The downside is that the hospital is Unionized by the SEIU for Allied Healthcare positions (LVNs, CNAs, Medical Assistants, Surgical Techs, X-ray Techs) and the CNA union for RNs. I am a non-union employee and I really do not like how the Union & it's employee representatives, are always fighting the change that leadership is trying to make- for the good! Grant it, clinical staff is not guaranteed to work 40hrs a week- but the standby, the time and half call-back pay, continuing education hours freely given, constant incremental raises, make up for it. Most of the time, this hospital is short-staffed, but I genuinely believe it is because Bakersfield is a difficult market to sell to RNs from Los Angeles (the area and the pay is not comparable). The Union protects the worst employees who breed a culture of bullying and negativity, at least in my department.
Pros
Benefits: FREE HEALTH INSURANCE, Tuition Reimbursement, opportunity for growth among other Dignity Health facilities.
Cons
Bakersfield Memorial Hospital Cons: Union Hospital. Physicians get away with bad behavior, senior admin. will let them have their way even though it affects our department budgets, staffing levels, and contrary to our own policies.
Was Mismanged in the past
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I was hired in 2010 to work for the HIM Department. Come 2011 we were told the department was over staffed by two FTEs. Unfortunately our positions were eliminated. The question is why hire people if you are over staffed to begin with? As far as my supervisor,director and manager go, they were great people to work for. I wish them the best. I heard the director was outsourced to an outside company while leading the HIM team.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Can flex and cancel when the census and discharges are low.
No Human Kindness or Dignity
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Poor management, poor working environment, no team work. I enjoyed the patients and the work. The work place itself needs much improvement
Great Place to work
Receptionist- Preforms registration duties (Current Employee) –  San Andreas, CAJanuary 23, 2016
It is a very busy atmosphere, registering patients, answering phones, faxing. The hardest part of the job is trying to compose yourself when the patients are upset and don't feel well and they tend to take it out on you. But you just have to be empathetic and understanding to there situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the people you work with are like a second family, we all care about each other.
Pros
good healthcare benefits
Cons
not all the patients are friendly
Great Company
IT Project Coordinator - St Joseph's Hospital (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2016
Dignity Health is a great company to work for. Culture of the company could use a little work, but the employer is very accommodating to workers.
difficult place to work
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 16, 2016
director of radiology wasn't very friendly and was always walking in and if you weren't on his "good" list he didn't say anything to you. Always trying to be intimidating and definitely had his favorites.

The supervisor was awesome! She would do anything to help her employees.
Pros
free coffee and sodas while you work
Cons
very hard to move up
productive and fast pace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 15, 2016
loved communicating with the patience. learned different duties to do on every floor that was different. kept in touch with my co-workers throughout the day and asked questions when I had them. I would have to say there really wasn't a hard part of my job.
Pros
hospital lunch
Cons
short break, differnt work schdule everyday
Exhausting job environment
RN PIU (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Despite the great staff and good compensation and benefits, the culture of work is such, that administration consistently employs unprofessional and incapable managers, which makes the work place extremely stressful.
IT Contractor (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 5, 2016
This was a fast paced, always changing, IT environment in a hospital setting. The management and attitude was positive and high energy. The benefits were competitive. My coworkers were personable. It was a great job to have.
Pros
Good pay, good work enviroment
Cons
High stress
Great Environment to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Each day I would work the front office, check in patients, collect copays, check insurances, etc. I would also work the back office, take vitals, chart results either in paper charts or electronically. I would do this for several different doctors a week.
Good benefits
Office Coordinator/Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 4, 2016
Fine place to work, good benefits. The hospital I work for really needs electronic health records, without this we lack the efficiency potential. It leaves room for error and creates a larger work load.
Excellent Company
Director, Business Intelligence (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 4, 2016
Dignity Health has done an excellent job of growing in a difficult industry. They have focused on growth without losing focus on providing care to those in need. Employees are treated well and it is overall a very good place to work.
Diversity atmosphere
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 31, 2015
It has been a great place to accommodate and work in the department. There is a lot of team work involve and communication is always best in any place of employment; however it is our focus to give praises and help each other as much as possible.

Yet, as the new year come; we are loosing a great team member and asset to our department the first of January. We all have meet and know that we now; have to pull together a little bit harder to get things done in our department!

This is why I love working at Saint Francis Memphis.
Pros
free lunch on orientation dates
Cons
flexiability with having children able to balance work and family life
excellent environment to work in
lvn (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CADecember 29, 2015
This company is great, staff is wonderful and eager to help and assist if needed. Management works well with staff. Patients are generally satisfied with the care provided by staff. I love my job and everyday is a pleasure. I have really enjoyed working at dignity in elk grove.
Great Company
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 28, 2015
Knowing plenty of employers that work here for years, I would say that DH is definitely a great environment to work for experience within the health industry
Operational Excellence
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 27, 2015
During patient engagement, nurses collaborate and understand each patients requirements, and throughly provide excellent care.
This organization is well-invested in promoting Humankindess
Pharmacy Technician/Price Clinic (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 15, 2015
My experience with this organization was good. They are genuinely concerned with changing the culture of their employees to reflect Humankindess. The benefits package is outstanding. I give them the highest rating.
Pros
Free medical coverage
Cons
Emloyees are people and people will be people.
Great place to work, they really take of their employees and patients.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CADecember 13, 2015
At dignity there is a lot of room for advancement. They work with you if you are in school or have other family obligations. I worked in a busy fast paced clinic but we always enjoyed our work. Management did a good job at making sure everybody's needs were met. They had a lower starting wage but always gave raises and offered a great benefits package!