Dignity Health Employee Reviews

I absolutely loved working here.
RN OB Acute (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 6, 2016
I joined Dignity Health after being a traveler for 8 months. The management is excellent. The benefits are terrific. You can actually get free health insurance if you stay within the Dignity Network. The work was very hard and we had many sick and complicated patients. But the staff made up for the work. We worked very well together and got through anything that was thrown at us. If I could move the hospital to Colorado, I would eagerly!
Pros
Benefits, Staff
Cons
They are located in AZ and not in CO
Definite room for improvement
PBS (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2016
Great team and benefits, however poor management across the organization has created terrible morale. Most of the managers are incompetent and unable to complete simple tasks assigned to their staff. Recent promotions to supervisory positions were given to employees based on personal relationships rather than work performance and ability to lead an effective team. The organizations inability to streamline their processes and guidelines leads to a constant cycle of repetitive work that ultimately costs the organization hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost revenue.

Management's unwillingness to streamline has already cost valuable assets to the organization. The employees are wonderful, however the management team has created a culture of laziness, inefficiency and unwillingness to adapt and become cost effective is affecting the organization as a whole.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management, low morale and outdated technology
Great work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CANovember 21, 2016
A typical day at work for myself is a 12 hour night shift, which can not even begin to be described in a short box like this. But what I would love to say about Dignity Health SNMH is that the management and coworkers are amazing. Since my employment, I have learned so much about nursing and always feel supported by my peers. The hardest part of the job lately is not getting enough hours. For me the absolute most enjoyable thing is interacting and providing care for my patients. I love the values of Dignity Health, and I truly strive to live and work by their motto of providing Humankindness.
Dignity Health
Advantage RN (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 15, 2016
The is great company to work for when it comes to healthcare. The benefits are amazing the pay is good. Management is awesome, especially at Mercy Gilbert Medical Center.
Good Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 13, 2016
I have worked with this hospital for ten years. I have worked with great hard working staff. i have learned so much there with pt and nurses. Team work usually exist is the working atmosphere but it gets pretty hectic when we are short staff do to change of census when it is a busy season. Nurses there are very helpful with the new hired nurses and it is nice to see that you work in such a very teamwork like vibe at work.
Good place to settle down when experience gained
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 10, 2016
Work can feel understaffed at times but great place to learn. Coworker are friendly but keep to themselves for the most part.
Great working environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 10, 2016
I Love working with everyone that is at the Chandler location. Management is very good at picking who they aloud to work at the hospital and who will fit in well with the other employees. The most enjoyable part would be the that management listens to our concerns and really finds the answer to fix/work us through the tough times which helps make us know they want us in a comfortable working environment.
Pros
your not on one tower/position day after day, they more you around almost everyday.
Cons
Morning run is very high stressed with the amount of draws to be done within just 2 1/2 hours.
Not a good environment for growth
Finance (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 31, 2016
The company has re-organized many times and keeps re-organizing; no movement in the company; terminations or those who leave don't get back filled; too many politics.
Cons
Too many clicks
Best Hospital In Phoenix
EKG Technician/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 27, 2016
I love working for Dignity Health, I have worked for many hospitals and they top most of them. I would love to transfer to a sister hospital if they had one in San Diego, but unfortunately they do not. I highly recommend them to anyone. The department I work in now is the best! My manager exceeds all managers I have ever worked for. I love working my three hour twelve shifts on the weekends and one week day so I can attend school during the day. I will miss Dignity Health when I leave.
Pros
Tutition reimbursement
Cons
Some of the management
hard time fitting in
Contact Center Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 25, 2016
If you're not Catholic, you're already behind the 8-ball.

People preach the "humankindness" but don't practice it.

I have some great coworkers.

Hard to get ahead.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Hard to get ahead, religious bent
Productive fun work place
Medical Office Rep (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAOctober 25, 2016
This job does a lot to make employees feel comfortable and enjoy their work environment. A great place to start a career in healthcare
Great benefits, good company
EMR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 18, 2016
i enjoyed the atmosphere and the job duties. Great hours, decent pay, wonderful benefits. Lots of job opportunists , room for advancement.
Great People to work with everyday.
EUS Team Leader/Senior Technical Analysis Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2016
Great benefits and people to work with everyday. Very busy, management was good. I would work there again with the right position. HR and the business groups were great to work with.
Large organization
SR. LEAD TALENT ACQUISITION CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAOctober 17, 2016
Large organization so you have your typical red tape to get anything approved. Company gives you good tools to use to help you with your day to day work.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Santa Maria is not a great place to live
Great Place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aptos, CAOctober 11, 2016
I loved working for Dignity Health, loved all the staff and Doctors. They were all sorry to see me leave and would highly recommend me. I only left to relocate to Indiana.
Pros
Wonderful Team of Kind, considerate people
Cons
Extremely fast paced, stressful at times, but loved it anyways. Good days always out weighed the bad
Best coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAOctober 11, 2016
We have the best staff. Management needs a lot of work and they try to make staff fearful. There is not a lot of room for advancement. Managers are not well versed in all the changes
Pros
Free fair tickets
Cons
Fear based management
Very disappointing
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CAOctober 10, 2016
Was so looking forward to a positive encouraging work place. But we never got there. No leadership, poor management. Horrible lead physician, preaches one thing and does another, poor example of "human kindness" to employees. Can't trust anyone to bring issues needing resolution. No staff meetings. Did not deliver on what was told at interview.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
No breaks, short staffed, no conflict management resolution
Flexible Work Place
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2016
Responsible for Resource allocations, Project Portfolio Management, Budget creation, Cutting edge initiatives, a matrix evironment and very hierarchial
Pros
Remote Work
Cons
Slow hiring process
Responsible for Hospital and Clinic
Sr. Financial Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 2, 2016
Was able to create very detailed budget of all departments for both the Hospital and Clinic. Met with managers real time when putting things together.
petty workplace
Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAOctober 2, 2016
unfair environment, employees were very rude and stuck up. they had no respect for the staff that they thought was beneath them even when those people were the ones that actually helped more most of the time to make their jobs easier.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Health. Our community is ready to answer.