Dignity Health Employee Reviews in United States

One of THE best places to work!
Enterprise Technology Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2016
Dignity Health is a wonderful company to work for. From their Mission Statement right down to the employees. They really do live up to their motto "Hello Humankindness." I worked for one of the best, compassionate, kind and sincere bosses anyone could ever ask for. They have one of the TOP best benefit packages for their employees and are very involved in volunteer services. I has to leave as I needed to move across the states to care for a sick parent. Otherwise, I would still have been an employee. Its a great place!
Be prepared to work hard!
Registered Nurse, ICU/CCU (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 4, 2016
RNs at Dignity Health manage ALL aspects of care. We are the transporters, patient care personnel, secretaries. We take out our own trash... literally do everything!
The staff is kind and helpful, but definitely stretched thin due to recent cuts.
Working here is very stressful, in part due to the inherent nature of the job, in part due to the demands put on employees.
The salary and benefits packages are extremely competitive, which makes it difficult to leave and go to another company.
Warm and inviting staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2016
Everyone in the Sports Medicine Department is always welcoming and willing to help everyone or do whatever they can in their power to best assist one another. I learned how to work effectively with others, as teamwork was always needed by the staff. My head supervisor who has now relocated, was concerned more about numbers and stats rather than providing her employees resources to work efficiently. The hardest part of the job is the work overload caused by low census, and the most enjoyable part of the job is recognition from the physicians and patients.
Pros
employee appreciation
Cons
bad union
Great facility to work at, Rotations keep you from being bored!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 7, 2016
I have recently relocated to Moreno Valley,looking for a job with a reasonable commute.

I enjoy working with the staff at Dignity Health,
The training they provide is exceptional.
The most difficult part of the job is morgue duty, releasing patients to the coroner.
I enjoy interacting with other people and also giving them a sense of security.
The camaraderie of my coworkers is great,
Pros
Training, Good Management, Potluck Thursdays
Cons
5 hour commute
Not what it seems...
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYMay 5, 2016
I had a terrible experience working in this company. The management for the ultrasound department is terrible. Alot of favoritism, ego-trips, and retaliation goes on her. Especially with upper management. The radiologists aren't that great in what they do. You can't ask many of them questions. They treat you as though u should know everything. One doctor actually speaks down to everyone who's not a doctor. THINK TWICE BEFORE CHOOSING THIS COMPANY AS A WORKPLACE.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Everything...
Good management. Great interaction with customers.
CPT II (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMay 25, 2016
Innovative. Very fast paced and never boring. As challenging as patients can be, the interaction always balances in favor of the friendly and pleasant over the unstable.
Bosses and management are very good, I actually relocated from my last job at their prompting. Enjoy my fellow employees for the most part.
Pros
Appreciation from management
Cons
System restrictions
Nice place to work
Per Diem Radiologic Technician (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 22, 2016
Typical Day at work is a busy day, starting with routine x-rays, portables, c-arms and fluoroscopy procedures. I learned that there is no "I" in being a "Team" member. My co-workers are very professional and teamwork really plays a vital role in the every day / weekends we worked.
Pros
Short distance to home
Cons
Very busy, sometimes we miss our break in the afternoon due to patient load.
Negative culture
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 2, 2016
Chandler Regional has an extremely negative culture towards employees. Many people who stay and are promoted behave in a negative behavior towards their co-workers or staff. Many within the Social Work Dept have been verbally abusive over the years & when reported to HR or above it is always ignored. The pleasant & hard-working employees are always the ones to leave.
Pros
401k matching
Cons
NEGATIVE CULTURE
Would have stayed if management would have been more experienced and less a crowd pleaser in the moment
Emergency Room Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2016
Loved my job. Loved 95% of the people I worked with. Can't stand the cadyiness of some of the nurses and the favoritism played by management to their little "tattle tales" that sometimes made things up to make themselves look better. Management believed it too. I feel management had horrible communication skills, played favorites and once he/she didn't "like" you, it became a vicious cycle. So if you want to play high school games and yes sir yes ma'am all the clickyness this is the job for you 😊
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Lack of real management
Team culture enhanced effective patient safety, education .
Staff RN Behavioral Health Psychiatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 27, 2016
Provided much education to staff, learning experiences for safe patient care. Management very supportive and working with ancillary disciplines with encouraging team morale.
Pros
Educational programs as nurses
Cons
Busy schedules yet workable with my system of creating routine best for safety
Great Benefits, Company Values ignored by management
support staff (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 20, 2016
I love my benefits, and what the company stands for. Only problem is the local leadership in the Sacramento area DO NOT live or even lead by example the company; Mission, Vision & Values.

It's rather disheartening.

Also, do not pay employees as high as other health care organizations in the region.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Poor Leadership and pay
Fast paced, family oriented
Refund Specialist, Admissions and Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAApril 8, 2016
Worked my way up from a file clerk, to refund specialist and customer service. When the business services sold to Catholic Health Care West, I was 1 of only 3 out of 25 people that was offered a chance to keep my job. The hospital later called me back to work in the registration department and switchboard operator/customer service. I had a great time doing so many different things at this job and it gave me great experience for my next job.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Co workers
Fast forward to modern medical practices
Representative (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 20, 2016
Dignity was the best place to work several years ago. Especially Dignity North State. I had never been worried about my job security, until this last year. It seems as though more employees are being reprimanded and some of the department heads are being contracted out to outside companies. Hoping to hang on!!
Pros
Great benefits and wages
Cons
Non-secure position
Management very poor.
Case Manager/Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 3, 2016
Management does not lead, they do not discuss issues. They go straight to "investigatory meetings". Pah! Worst management model. They do not work with employees. Very adversarial. I speak to care coordination at MSJ. Have worked at other facilities in past where it was different. Sad to see.
Pros
Great salary, good benefits.
Cons
Poor management.
Not comfortable
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 29, 2016
Being in the nursery and maternity with the nurses was not all that was cracked up to be. Nurses were mean and nobody cared to be there, wanted to put their work onto their volunteers so they can be lazy. Nurses treat the maternity department like the excitement of watching grass grow. Had to switch departments to the gift shop. I stayed because the woman in the gift shop was wonderful and I made a lifelong friend.
You are also stuck with a 6 month volunteer term, but I guess that's common.
Pros
One free meal per shift, incentive for more hours
Cons
"Co-workers" lazy & rude
Growing Company with Toxic Management
Physician/Medical Group Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 24, 2016
The organization as a whole means well, but there are still a lot of undignified people in leadership positions that do not deserve their roles, as they are not role models nor are they well-equipped to help their employees become exemplary for their success. Not speaking on behalf of the whole organization, just the Finance team within the Foundation.
Exciting place to work
Access Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 26, 2016
I have worked for Dignity Health for the last 13 years and have really enjoyed the people and admire the company's Mission Statement. I really enjoy my co-workers and have built life-long relationships with many of them. Benefits are great with this organization!
Was Mismanged in the past
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I was hired in 2010 to work for the HIM Department. Come 2011 we were told the department was over staffed by two FTEs. Unfortunately our positions were eliminated. The question is why hire people if you are over staffed to begin with? As far as my supervisor,director and manager go, they were great people to work for. I wish them the best. I heard the director was outsourced to an outside company while leading the HIM team.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Can flex and cancel when the census and discharges are low.
Great Place to work
Receptionist- Preforms registration duties (Current Employee) –  San Andreas, CAJanuary 23, 2016
It is a very busy atmosphere, registering patients, answering phones, faxing. The hardest part of the job is trying to compose yourself when the patients are upset and don't feel well and they tend to take it out on you. But you just have to be empathetic and understanding to there situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the people you work with are like a second family, we all care about each other.
Pros
good healthcare benefits
Cons
not all the patients are friendly
Use to be a great place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 2, 2016
The hospital seems unstable, less staff with more work. No longer seems to be a safe place to work. Been called off for the past 6 weeks - no way to support your family.
Pros
Christian environment
Cons
Incompetent and unfit Management