Dignity Health Employee Reviews

Productive fun place to work
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 14, 2016
Fast paced high energy environment, positive attitudes and outcomes. Communication and team-work at its best, an opportunity for all employees to grow and learn new skills. Assistant managers always willing to help and are open to new ideas. We deal with difficult life and death situations we are able to debrief our experiences with each other in our group sessions. We are rewarded by seeing our patients smile and feel secure at our facility we are able to teach our community about health care and what to expect in future life events.
Pros
Positive Attitudes Good Manangement
Cons
Long 12 hour shifts excessive work loads
Great Co-workers, poor management
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 19, 2016
My first year Dignity was wonderful, wonderful management/Chief Clinical Dietitian, great co-workers, flexible schedule. After a year, a contract company took over the dietitians and kitchen managers. Multiple people were terminated and the kitchen mangers took over managing the dietitians. Things became very difficult at that time. Dignity has recently taken back over and the dietitians and kitchen managers are, once again, Dignity employees. Unfortunately, the kitchen managers continue to manage the dietitians which does not work. Hopefully this will change but as of now, not a good atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management, no flexibility.
Good Schedule and Pay
Specialist, Vendor Relations (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2016
I worked Monday thru Friday, reviewing and correcting vendors reports for correct accounts paid. Answered phone calls from patients, Doctors Offices, Health Insurance Companies and Collection Vendors.
I learned a little of diffrent departments like billing, collections and vendors relations. Learned some Insurance procedures and regulations and doctors offices. Also learned some medical billing and coding.
Hostility and Harassing work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAAugust 22, 2016
DO NOT work here! HR staff are not supportive of employees who make workplace injury claim. They fire them and retain the aggressor. They dock their PTO "inadvertently". They violate CA labor laws and fabricate their words/actions to cover their hind end. There is no HELLO HUMANKINDNESS practiced by them. What a farce.
Pros
Going home
Cons
HR lies/denies their words/actions - victimize the victim employee
Hostile environment, terrible management
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 29, 2016
Management here makes this a terrible place to work. He cares about nothing but money. You're constantly working short staffed. The nurses who've been there forever are lazy, and it's too bad they're the ones who train new nurses because then they're lazy too. Only new grads are hired so good luck working with someone experienced. The manager definitely has his favorites, so if you're not one of them, good luck. Nobody is held accountable for their actions. Charge nurses are lazy and have no compassion. People wait for hours with legit emergencies because nobody cares. Coworkers are nothing but drama. This place pays well, but it has to in order to keep employees
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Everything else!
One of THE best places to work!
Enterprise Technology Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2016
Dignity Health is a wonderful company to work for. From their Mission Statement right down to the employees. They really do live up to their motto "Hello Humankindness." I worked for one of the best, compassionate, kind and sincere bosses anyone could ever ask for. They have one of the TOP best benefit packages for their employees and are very involved in volunteer services. I has to leave as I needed to move across the states to care for a sick parent. Otherwise, I would still have been an employee. Its a great place!
Hard work, superior compensation
RN II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2016
I started as a data assistant while in an RN program. Once I completed my program, I began work as an EHR Navigator, providing at-the-elbow support for clinical staff during the Cerner EHR implementation. That paved the way for the New Grad program, which I was also hired for and currently work as a RN in Med/Surg.

I enjoy the work, coworkers and helping the patients. We have great resources, the work teams are supportive and helpful. I love the benefits and compensation (we get paid more than any hospital in a 25 mile radius).

It is hard work but it is very rewarding when you can help a patient regain functionality and confidence in their ability to care for themselves.

I love what I do!
Pros
You can swipe your badge to pay for things. Friendly supportive staff
Cons
Nothing that is signifcant enough to write
good work environment
STAFF NURSE TELEMETRY (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 25, 2016
This hospital provides care to a diverse patient population which I enjoyed serving. There was the opportunity to work with multiple medical issues and to keep my skills well utilized especially in telemetry, wound care, infection control, pain management and with mental health patient issues. Patient conditions were always changing and my assessment skills were of great asset in treating this patient population. It was a floor where the turn over in patient population was very fast with frequent admissions and discharges. There was a need for expert coordination of care with all care providers and I felt my education was well utilized in this setting.
Pros
diverse, often unstable and challenging patient population
Cons
inadequate staffing at times
Be prepared to work hard!
Registered Nurse, ICU/CCU (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 4, 2016
RNs at Dignity Health manage ALL aspects of care. We are the transporters, patient care personnel, secretaries. We take out our own trash... literally do everything!
The staff is kind and helpful, but definitely stretched thin due to recent cuts.
Working here is very stressful, in part due to the inherent nature of the job, in part due to the demands put on employees.
The salary and benefits packages are extremely competitive, which makes it difficult to leave and go to another company.
Warm and inviting staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2016
Everyone in the Sports Medicine Department is always welcoming and willing to help everyone or do whatever they can in their power to best assist one another. I learned how to work effectively with others, as teamwork was always needed by the staff. My head supervisor who has now relocated, was concerned more about numbers and stats rather than providing her employees resources to work efficiently. The hardest part of the job is the work overload caused by low census, and the most enjoyable part of the job is recognition from the physicians and patients.
Pros
employee appreciation
Cons
bad union
Great facility to work at, Rotations keep you from being bored!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 7, 2016
I have recently relocated to Moreno Valley,looking for a job with a reasonable commute.

I enjoy working with the staff at Dignity Health,
The training they provide is exceptional.
The most difficult part of the job is morgue duty, releasing patients to the coroner.
I enjoy interacting with other people and also giving them a sense of security.
The camaraderie of my coworkers is great,
Pros
Training, Good Management, Potluck Thursdays
Cons
5 hour commute
Excellent place to work
Respectful employee (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 2, 2016
I've been employed for 15 years with this company. Excellent place to start a career. People should make the job and not let the job make the person. There are other employers of choice so if you don't like your bosses or the place you work, make the choice and leave😎
Pros
Great pay with great benefits
Cons
Good management. Great interaction with customers.
CPT II (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMay 25, 2016
Innovative. Very fast paced and never boring. As challenging as patients can be, the interaction always balances in favor of the friendly and pleasant over the unstable.
Bosses and management are very good, I actually relocated from my last job at their prompting. Enjoy my fellow employees for the most part.
Pros
Appreciation from management
Cons
System restrictions
Nice place to work
Per Diem Radiologic Technician (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 22, 2016
Typical Day at work is a busy day, starting with routine x-rays, portables, c-arms and fluoroscopy procedures. I learned that there is no "I" in being a "Team" member. My co-workers are very professional and teamwork really plays a vital role in the every day / weekends we worked.
Pros
Short distance to home
Cons
Very busy, sometimes we miss our break in the afternoon due to patient load.
Do not work here!
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 1, 2016
Supervisor played favoritism, discrimination against disabilities, don't always follow California law of breaks and lunches, way too much gossip, some staff is very lazy.
Pros
Great medical staff
Cons
Discrimination, do not follow California State Law, Poor Management, understaffed
Team culture enhanced effective patient safety, education .
Staff RN Behavioral Health Psychiatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 27, 2016
Provided much education to staff, learning experiences for safe patient care. Management very supportive and working with ancillary disciplines with encouraging team morale.
Pros
Educational programs as nurses
Cons
Busy schedules yet workable with my system of creating routine best for safety
Office of Digital
Director, Online Patient Center (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2016
Best-in-class digital experience and portfolio of services that transform how they attract, engage with, and provide care and dignity for our patients, physicians, consumers and employees in a way that furthers the healing mission, and enhances the ‘Hello humankindness’ brand
Not what it seems...
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYMay 5, 2016
I had a terrible experience working in this company. The management for the ultrasound department is terrible. Alot of favoritism, ego-trips, and retaliation goes on her. Especially with upper management. The radiologists aren't that great in what they do. You can't ask many of them questions. They treat you as though u should know everything. One doctor actually speaks down to everyone who's not a doctor. THINK TWICE BEFORE CHOOSING THIS COMPANY AS A WORKPLACE.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Everything...
If you would like to die from stress work here
ROI/EMR Associate (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAAugust 13, 2016
Constant harassment , no HR support. Worried about money not patients. The women that work in the offices are very unprofessional, management keeps them to mask the issues with their drama. Drs talking poorly about their patients never checking results. It's a mess.
Great Benefits, Company Values ignored by management
support staff (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 20, 2016
I love my benefits, and what the company stands for. Only problem is the local leadership in the Sacramento area DO NOT live or even lead by example the company; Mission, Vision & Values.

It's rather disheartening.

Also, do not pay employees as high as other health care organizations in the region.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Poor Leadership and pay