Dignity Health Employee Reviews

My current position
SURGERY PROCEDURE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2017
I am currently a Surgery Procedure Coordinator. I have been a Surgery Coordinator for 9+ years back in Albuquerque, NM and now in Phoenix, Arizona. I schedule all surgery related and CT Guided appointments with Interventional Radiology. I obtain prior authorizations for all procedures that I schedule. I really like the job duties and I work hard from the minute I get here until the minute I leave. There is a high turnover due to a non-supportive management team within the department. I worked for Dignity Health for 3 years- Benefits are awesome! I enjoyed it until I transferred over to the Dignity Health Medical Group.
Pros
flexible schedule, benefits
Cons
overworked and underappreciated
Worst Hospital I've ever worked at
Physician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 19, 2017
I have been in medicine for the past 20 years and this is by far the worst run hospital that I have ever experienced. The daily operations are run in a most inefficient manner. Resources are wasted and proper equipment is lacking. Nursing staff does not take initiative and are more interested in their break time and making sure they get out of there on time. I feel as though I have been set up for failure in this environment and while I brought up my concerns to administration, they are only interested in the revenue that I can generate. Communication is poor and expectations were not clearly outlined.
Commendable mission, needs leadership
e-Learning Curriculum Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 29, 2016
The company mission to serve the poor and disenfranchised is commendable and the people that work there are great to work with. The company needs standards, processes and cohesiveness. Work comes at a million miles an hour and you never feel like you can breathe. Its complete chaos and senior leadership doesn't provide direction. They just say go and so you go and go and go but never feel like you are getting anywhere. There is flexibility for work life balance and the benefits are great but it is a high stress environment. Management doesn't always make you feel valued, they just keep piling more and more work on you.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
super high stress
Work at the hospital, where you may have more flexability with your schedule.
Huger Mercy Living Center (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2017
you get your report then you and your other CNA get up 9-12 residents depending if night shift got any up. By 7a med person has to start passing meds. meds can take up to 1.5 hrs for some med passers. Meals are brought to cottages you serve residents then clean them up do dishes sweep and mop. your main job here is housekeeping. I do care for the residents. I just wish I had more time to spend with them. About co-workers....that is something you can judge for yourself.
Pros
Plenty of pto.
Cons
The starting pay is low. No support from co-workers. No weekends off, ever. No double pay for holidays, its time and a half. Lots of housekeeping. Mopping, sweeping, bedding, taking out trash to dumpster and so much more.
Busy and productive
Intern (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Volunteered at an adult daycare of sorts. Had activities, physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, and they served meals. I felt useful and I liked that it was more hands on than many other volunteer positions. In other volunteer positions, I was not qualified to even touch the patients, but at this position, I was allowed to take their blood pressure, serve them drinks, and take their weights. I felt much more involved.
Risk Services-overall well done. Good job overall.
R.N. Legal Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaDecember 28, 2016
I was placed in two-three of their facilities. My job was an adjunct to Risk Management. Fairly isolated due to nature of job. Interaction with Risk Manager and her assistant, everything else was either phone or e-mail. Learned a lot about Risk and liabilities and the law suits related to malpractice/defense/product liability etc. Management was good and co-workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was completing all the tasks and reviewing the medical records (handwritten- had not gone to electronic records yet). The most enjoyable was the flexability of hours and participating in the process.
Pros
Good retirement and health benefits
Cons
Sometimes the expectations, and the isolation
OSF St. Franics
IV Nutritional Support Tech II (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 1, 2017
Asked to come in early, and stay late without overtime pay or clocking in. Management is rude and disrespectful to employees. My co-workers engaged in gossip and petty fights for attention. The best part of the job was doing my rounds and seeing the other departments, who always had smiles and were willing to help. I loved the actual activities of the job, just not the environment.
Pros
great exercise
Cons
work environment
I absolutely loved working here.
RN OB Acute (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 6, 2016
I joined Dignity Health after being a traveler for 8 months. The management is excellent. The benefits are terrific. You can actually get free health insurance if you stay within the Dignity Network. The work was very hard and we had many sick and complicated patients. But the staff made up for the work. We worked very well together and got through anything that was thrown at us. If I could move the hospital to Colorado, I would eagerly!
Pros
Benefits, Staff
Cons
They are located in AZ and not in CO
Very conplex
Senior Project and PMO Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 8, 2016
This organization is very large, staffed to the ceiling, and extremely expensive.

There is room for any skills, if, you are in the good stead of management.

Without a long range roadmap, DH is blown around by short term solutions. Those short term solutions will need to be replaced within a year or two because they are not part of a strategic plan.

With 1300 people in IT, there are a log of human capital to pick from.
Great work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CANovember 21, 2016
A typical day at work for myself is a 12 hour night shift, which can not even begin to be described in a short box like this. But what I would love to say about Dignity Health SNMH is that the management and coworkers are amazing. Since my employment, I have learned so much about nursing and always feel supported by my peers. The hardest part of the job lately is not getting enough hours. For me the absolute most enjoyable thing is interacting and providing care for my patients. I love the values of Dignity Health, and I truly strive to live and work by their motto of providing Humankindness.
Great working environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 10, 2016
I Love working with everyone that is at the Chandler location. Management is very good at picking who they aloud to work at the hospital and who will fit in well with the other employees. The most enjoyable part would be the that management listens to our concerns and really finds the answer to fix/work us through the tough times which helps make us know they want us in a comfortable working environment.
Pros
your not on one tower/position day after day, they more you around almost everyday.
Cons
Morning run is very high stressed with the amount of draws to be done within just 2 1/2 hours.
Good Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 13, 2016
I have worked with this hospital for ten years. I have worked with great hard working staff. i have learned so much there with pt and nurses. Team work usually exist is the working atmosphere but it gets pretty hectic when we are short staff do to change of census when it is a busy season. Nurses there are very helpful with the new hired nurses and it is nice to see that you work in such a very teamwork like vibe at work.
great benefits and pay due to the strong union.But horrible management . Not a compny I would say I was proud to work for.
RN (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CADecember 11, 2016
Good pay and benefits. They definitely do not live up to the “ human kindness” motto in the facility I worked in, I cannot speak for the others with the exception of Mercy San Juan where I had two surgeries and again would give them a very poor rating on patient care. I need to work for a company that I feel proud to say I am a part of and would recommend my loved ones to receive care there. I cannot honestly say this about Dignity based on my experience. SNMH had a good old boy mentality . Upper management has all been there forever , for some it is the only job they have ever had and they would never make it elsewhere with their lack of work ethic. Good nurses come and go once they discover their efforts are not appreciated by management.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Best Hospital In Phoenix
EKG Technician/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 27, 2016
I love working for Dignity Health, I have worked for many hospitals and they top most of them. I would love to transfer to a sister hospital if they had one in San Diego, but unfortunately they do not. I highly recommend them to anyone. The department I work in now is the best! My manager exceeds all managers I have ever worked for. I love working my three hour twelve shifts on the weekends and one week day so I can attend school during the day. I will miss Dignity Health when I leave.
Pros
Tutition reimbursement
Cons
Some of the management
Excellent benefits and competitive salary.
Radiologic Technologist (RT) (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 4, 2017
Pay is great, benefits are free if you choose them. Only complaint is some doctors are rude and downright nasty, and filing a complaint does nothing. But I guess that is everywhere. Most coworkers are great! Communication can be a problem sometimes
Pros
Benifits and pay
Cons
Communication
Very disappointing
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CAOctober 10, 2016
Was so looking forward to a positive encouraging work place. But we never got there. No leadership, poor management. Horrible lead physician, preaches one thing and does another, poor example of "human kindness" to employees. Can't trust anyone to bring issues needing resolution. No staff meetings. Did not deliver on what was told at interview.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
No breaks, short staffed, no conflict management resolution
Rally Family Visitation Services
Program Manager, Rally Family Visitation Services (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 25, 2016
Non-profit community program under Dignity Health, provides services in 3 counties, hires primarily per diem social workers, low starting pay, client population can be challenging, working with low income DV cases providing supervised visitation services
Great company. Felt like a family
PBX Operator/Telecommunications (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 29, 2017
My favorite part of working for Dignity Health would have to be how it felt like a family.
Management was always understanding of other peoples circumstances and i loved my co workers.
thats why I've dedicated the last 5 years working for Dignity health
Good Schedule and Pay
Specialist, Vendor Relations (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2016
I worked Monday thru Friday, reviewing and correcting vendors reports for correct accounts paid. Answered phone calls from patients, Doctors Offices, Health Insurance Companies and Collection Vendors.
I learned a little of diffrent departments like billing, collections and vendors relations. Learned some Insurance procedures and regulations and doctors offices. Also learned some medical billing and coding.
Great Co-workers, poor management
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 19, 2016
My first year Dignity was wonderful, wonderful management/Chief Clinical Dietitian, great co-workers, flexible schedule. After a year, a contract company took over the dietitians and kitchen managers. Multiple people were terminated and the kitchen mangers took over managing the dietitians. Things became very difficult at that time. Dignity has recently taken back over and the dietitians and kitchen managers are, once again, Dignity employees. Unfortunately, the kitchen managers continue to manage the dietitians which does not work. Hopefully this will change but as of now, not a good atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management, no flexibility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Health. Our community is ready to answer.