Dignity Health Employee Reviews

Care Coordination (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMay 23, 2017
Significant managerial challenges with frequent changes and lack of transparency for most staff; high turnover in this unit; close working relationships
Great ER to learn in
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 19, 2017
Great place to work, many opportunities to learn. Physicians and nurses worked well as a team. Management put the employees needs first. The only reason I left was to work with different patient population.
30 Year employee
Cash posting Clerk - Accurately post payments (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 19, 2017
I worked many jobs at Mercy hospital/Catholic HealthCare West/Dignity Health with many wonderful people and enjoyed everyday working hard for the company. Thank you.
Fun volunteer work.
Volunteer, Emergency Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 19, 2017
As a volunteer, I was able to physically see the daily lives of many emergency room doctors and nurses. Helping customers and aid their recovery really helped me mentally and I learned a lot from the many stories and tips the doctors would offhandedly tell me.
Pros
Calm atmosphere, good mental states all around
Cons
Some patients are very distressed and taking it out on the physicians.
A company with positive intent.
Project Manager III (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2017
The company accepts modern industry trends such as remote workers and telecommuting. The corporate structure is overbearing and management has poor communication practices. The culture is generally positive and very religiously based. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with day to day and knowing that our work makes a difference for those in need. The hardest part of the job is navigating the landscape of poor communication and being stuck professionally with no growth potential.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Internal communication, management and career growth
Great place to work with wonderful teams and positive atmosphere
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2017
Typically the work day consisted of the care of patients. I learned that I have the ability to perform tasks with confidence and knowledge. Management was supportive. The most difficult part of the job was the loss of patients on a personal level. I enjoyed the positive atmosphere and the support provided by other team members and management.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No breaks during the shift
staff shows compassion for patients
Patient Access / Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CAMay 3, 2017
Great place to work. Before "humankindness" became a marketing word, the staff at AGCH has always had compassion and showed kindness to our patients.

Pros
informative
chill place to work
Application Analyst 2 (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 29, 2017
They do not pay you what your worth in some positions. I have been stuck in the same position for four years even though my coworkers are much higher than I.
Pros
free healthcare, work remote
A good company with a reputation of caring
Lead Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 28, 2017
I enjoy being able to help the community and play a role in making their experience a positive one

The job can be stressful, but i find it rewarding with the thanks i receive from the patients
Pros
good people
Cons
hectic enviorment at times
Good values and mission. Incomparable Benefits
HIM Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 24, 2017
I love working for Dignity Health! Great people. Great leadership. Excellent benefits. Their mission and values align with my own and I am proud to work for this company!
Pros
100% paid health benefits
Cons
Politics sometimes hinder progress
Great Place to work at
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 22, 2017
Everyone is for the most part team oriented and the hospital does a great job to recognize and encourage team interaction and practical problem solving to issues that may arise both within and between individual departments.
Pros
The occasional free Luncheon!
Cons
The occasional Debbie Downer, but that is anywhere.
very stressful with little or no support
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAApril 20, 2017
A day at work is stressful with no help. No support from management. Large amount of new nurses that seem resistant to staff helping them. New nurses are very competitive and love to find things to make the management aware of without first talking to the primary nurse. Policies were in the computer but even the director could not find them. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done in an efficient and timely manner without help. Often we did not get lunch or breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the clients. I loved making a connection with patients and their families.
Pros
classes, salary, benefits
Cons
very hard to work without breaks and without help and still get finished in a timely manner.
Great company
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2017
Dignity Health provided a great work atmosphere and was privileged to work with talented and dedicated individuals. I would welcome the opportunity to work there again.
fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 20, 2017
This is a fun place to work. Everyone is basically on their own. You do your own stuff we have leads and managers but they are never really checking. As long as you do your job you basically have nothing to worry about.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short staffed
Loved my job
Insurance Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAApril 18, 2017
Marian Medical Center was my second home. I loved my job. I loved helping people. I learned alot thanks to my former manager. It was fast paced and always something different. I would go back.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Some not so great people
Great job environment, cool co-workers, management and admin could improve
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 14, 2017
Cool environment, great co-workers. Management and admin could improve. I feel like lately they have been cutting more jobs and chop shopping them amongst existing employees.
Decent workplace, managers were lax
Content Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 11, 2017
Good employer but very little contact with management and expectations changed daily. I had three different managers during the time I worked there and each gave conflicting orders as to what was expected from me.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Little room for advancement unless you were part of the manager's church group
Great people, great place
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 8, 2017
Dignity health offers alot of places for advancement in Healthcare and has positive work environment. They are always open to input and really stride to make things better
Pros
Cafeteria on site. Accrual of paid time off. Free benefits
Cons
Little room for advancement without degrees.
Diversity at its fullist!
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAApril 8, 2017
I love working with the staff at Dominican Hospital. Dignity specializes in diversity, they have staff and patients from all over the world, which makes for a very interesting place to work. Its exciting to see somany cultures in this area.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Can work many hours
Great process and ideas
Clinical Projects Coordinator / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 7, 2017
Position was ended with 330 lay offs. Dignity does lay offs about every 3 years. Poor management engagement, excellent teamwork amongst the nursing staff.
Pros
Staff collaborate well
Cons
Poor Leadership Engagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Health. Our community is ready to answer.