Dignity Health Employee Reviews in United States

No Dignity
Management (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 12, 2016
Dignity does not care about the employees. All about the numbers. Beware! Old equipment and buildings. All about the Director bonuses. It's a popularity contest. High turn over.
Cons
Horrible culture.
Warm and inviting staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2016
Everyone in the Sports Medicine Department is always welcoming and willing to help everyone or do whatever they can in their power to best assist one another. I learned how to work effectively with others, as teamwork was always needed by the staff. My head supervisor who has now relocated, was concerned more about numbers and stats rather than providing her employees resources to work efficiently. The hardest part of the job is the work overload caused by low census, and the most enjoyable part of the job is recognition from the physicians and patients.
Pros
employee appreciation
Cons
bad union
Great facility to work at, Rotations keep you from being bored!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 7, 2016
I have recently relocated to Moreno Valley,looking for a job with a reasonable commute.

I enjoy working with the staff at Dignity Health,
The training they provide is exceptional.
The most difficult part of the job is morgue duty, releasing patients to the coroner.
I enjoy interacting with other people and also giving them a sense of security.
The camaraderie of my coworkers is great,
Pros
Training, Good Management, Potluck Thursdays
Cons
5 hour commute
Great People
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 2, 2016
Very collaborative and supportive of each other. They are always willing to lend a hand to each other. Friendly and encouraging
Pros
Fast paced. Team work. Always working towards the next change
Cons
UnderPaid
Productive but relaxing at the same time.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 1, 2016
I liked how I got to deliver equipment around the hospital and assisting with the discharge of patients. However, whoever was in charge of us didn't train us well about HIPAA. Mostly liked working at the front desk because all I had to do was answer the phone from departments in regards to delivering equipment or giving them a number to another department, write passes, direct visitors to the appropriate areas, and assist in discharge of the patients. However, they rotated you every 3 months. You would be at the front desk and then in the cafeteria. You wouldn't go anywhere else, so therefore I liked the front desk because I actually enjoyed some of the tasks that I did, as mentioned above. And I personally didn't like working in the cafeteria because I didn't want to deal with food or standing in a hot area for a long period of time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have a visitor at the front desk in which you're assisting to and they have the most positive attitude and that rubs off and can make your day. I also liked training the new trainees on how to do things and where things were.
Pros
Awards for your hours
Cons
Some co-workers didn't do some of the jobs, poor training on HIPAA
Team culture enhanced effective patient safety, education .
Staff RN Behavioral Health Psychiatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 27, 2016
Provided much education to staff, learning experiences for safe patient care. Management very supportive and working with ancillary disciplines with encouraging team morale.
Pros
Educational programs as nurses
Cons
Busy schedules yet workable with my system of creating routine best for safety
Good management. Great interaction with customers.
CPT II (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMay 25, 2016
Innovative. Very fast paced and never boring. As challenging as patients can be, the interaction always balances in favor of the friendly and pleasant over the unstable.
Bosses and management are very good, I actually relocated from my last job at their prompting. Enjoy my fellow employees for the most part.
Pros
Appreciation from management
Cons
System restrictions
Nice place to work
Per Diem Radiologic Technician (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 22, 2016
Typical Day at work is a busy day, starting with routine x-rays, portables, c-arms and fluoroscopy procedures. I learned that there is no "I" in being a "Team" member. My co-workers are very professional and teamwork really plays a vital role in the every day / weekends we worked.
Pros
Short distance to home
Cons
Very busy, sometimes we miss our break in the afternoon due to patient load.
Great Benefits, Company Values ignored by management
support staff (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 20, 2016
I love my benefits, and what the company stands for. Only problem is the local leadership in the Sacramento area DO NOT live or even lead by example the company; Mission, Vision & Values.

It's rather disheartening.

Also, do not pay employees as high as other health care organizations in the region.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Poor Leadership and pay
Job Task
Microsoft Azure Cloud Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2016
Work with project team members.Excellent team members who are willing to help each other.The address critical issues very quickly and faster.
Not what it seems...
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYMay 5, 2016
I had a terrible experience working in this company. The management for the ultrasound department is terrible. Alot of favoritism, ego-trips, and retaliation goes on her. Especially with upper management. The radiologists aren't that great in what they do. You can't ask many of them questions. They treat you as though u should know everything. One doctor actually speaks down to everyone who's not a doctor. THINK TWICE BEFORE CHOOSING THIS COMPANY AS A WORKPLACE.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Everything...
Negative culture
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 2, 2016
Chandler Regional has an extremely negative culture towards employees. Many people who stay and are promoted behave in a negative behavior towards their co-workers or staff. Many within the Social Work Dept have been verbally abusive over the years & when reported to HR or above it is always ignored. The pleasant & hard-working employees are always the ones to leave.
Pros
401k matching
Cons
NEGATIVE CULTURE
Talkative and educating
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 29, 2016
Normal rounds to patients for vital signs, food, and serving patients. Each floor has little staff but lots of responsibilities.
Good for Working Students
Certified Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 28, 2016
I worked with Comfort Keepers while attending school full time. They were great about finding my shifts with clients that fit around my class schedule.
Team was fun to work with, but too much management turn over
Application Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2016
Typical day was 8-10 hours a day with 2 weeks of 24/7 on-call every 6-8 weeks. High leadership turn around caused a definite lack of traction in team guidance as each new manager had a different idea of what to do and how to do it. Leadership was brought in from outside more than promoted from within, and many times from areas other than production support,so the guidelines and expectations were skewed a lot of times, at least initially. On our team in particular the leadership team that was in place when I left was very detail oriented and required precise and detailed information across all areas of support. This included additions to the usual enterprise procedures that actually tended to slow down the work. There were few positive strokes. Errors were pointed out immediately, as is needed, but good work was not as quickly rewarded. Many times, good work was shown to the enterprise as the "manager and team" with no other individuals other than the manager being listed. It was also frowned upon to point out possible pain points as pertains to any tasks. They wanted all information put forth in a positive manner with possible pain points played down or not mentioned at all. At times we were required to call in to conference calls while on paid time off. The team members were available to each other via mobile phone 24/7 and messaging interior to the company during business hours. Our team worked very well together and covered each other well. I was proud of our work and how we handled ourselves and our tasks. We covered 15+ business offices and 40+ hospitals across three  more... states with a user base of over 3,000 people.  less
Pros
Good front line team dynamics, knowledgeable co-workers, allowed remote access/telecommuting
Cons
Lack of traction in leadership due to high turnover at that level, little to no internal promotion, lack of "positive strokes"
Exciting place to work
Access Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 26, 2016
I have worked for Dignity Health for the last 13 years and have really enjoyed the people and admire the company's Mission Statement. I really enjoy my co-workers and have built life-long relationships with many of them. Benefits are great with this organization!
Awesome ping pong
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2016
Ping pong and pool tables are great
Staff is great
I enjoy being a team player within the company.
Lucky to be a part of such a great staff
Would have stayed if management would have been more experienced and less a crowd pleaser in the moment
Emergency Room Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2016
Loved my job. Loved 95% of the people I worked with. Can't stand the cadyiness of some of the nurses and the favoritism played by management to their little "tattle tales" that sometimes made things up to make themselves look better. Management believed it too. I feel management had horrible communication skills, played favorites and once he/she didn't "like" you, it became a vicious cycle. So if you want to play high school games and yes sir yes ma'am all the clickyness this is the job for you 😊
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Lack of real management
Quaint community hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAApril 15, 2016
Nice place to work. I love the people I work with, especially my supervisor. It is a family atmosphere here! I was welcomed here as a new grad nurse and have had the opportunity to grow within the organization.
pleasant frienly enviroment
coder 1 (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 14, 2016
I enjoyed working for dignity health. The positive atmosphere, and the encouragement that I received was a overall pleasant experience.