Dignity Health Employee Reviews

Great Mission and Philosophy for Patient care.
EIM Coordinator So Cal Region (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 22, 2017
I have had the opportunity for growth and support Dignity's mission with patient care. Medicine can be stressful and immergent situations at times but then the coming together as a team is the balance.
Pros
Benefits, job security
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 20, 2017
Great place to work, benefits are excellent, staff is very friendly, however looking for a challenge and to be able to expand my knowledge in my career.
Very caring place to work. Small family oriented hospital
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 17, 2017
Loved working there. Small enough hospital every one knew and helped one another.
Great pay and benefits.
Long term employees.
Very caring management.
Pros
Alot of appreciation days.
Cons
Fast paced with short breaks.
Great place to work at
Registered Certified Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 15, 2017
Great place to work at, loved my team members. Every day was a new experience learning new instruments and working with great people. My lead was a great inspiration to me. She was very helpful and responsive to new ideas for the department.
Positive attitudes and good work environment
Assists Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 13, 2017
Positive attitudes and good work environment. Fast paced but balance in work - rest periods. Great benefits. Good place to work for and very quite work environment.
Staff Is Amazing
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 12, 2017
Your Co-workers are awesome always looking to help one another Management is improving by the day. Days can get busy but that is the medical field for you. that is what you signed up for.
Poor satisfaction in job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 10, 2017
Too much politics. Nurses do not do full assessments and even when they have an IV running they do not monitor intakes and outputs. Vital signs not always done. There is very little in the way of empathy for patients.
Pros
Cons
Cut back on our pensions
nice place to work
Access Representative (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 10, 2017
I loved working for Dignity. My Management team had an open door policy which they fulfilled. Due to certain circumstance i had to take care of a personal matter. If not for that i would still be there. I enjoyed the staff, the fellowship between nurses, doctors and staff was like family!!
Fun back in the day...
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 8, 2017
Dignity Health? During the dates of 2001 and 2009, I was working with Warren Clinic, a Saint Francis System company. I loved working there until the position of medical records clerk was dissolved.
Pros
The doctors and fellow workers were awesome
Cons
The administration in the latter years was not as good as the earlier years
Friendly and Productive Environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 8, 2017
Volunteering at the Valley Children's NICU satellite has taught many skills. The ability to adapt to a fast pace, ever changing environment was essential. The nurses, doctors, and other staff I interacted with were friendly, helpful and professional.
Clinical Coordinator, Oncology Unit (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJune 7, 2017
On a typical day at work I have duties associated with a charge nurse, with additional management duties done concurrently. As such, I supervise and assist in patient care. I do audits, time card editing, and scheduling as some of my management activities. The work place culture is very good. Nurses and other staff support each other and work well as a team. I enjoy caring for patients and making a difference in the outcome of their care.
Pros
Good team work, hospital has excellent vision and values
Cons
Very busy hospital, challenging patient situations at times.
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 7, 2017
Sequoia is a great community hospital that cares for its patients and employees. There is a culture of support and integrity. And the new building provides a comfortable environment.
Cut throat, fake employers who will trade you in.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 6, 2017
Mercy wants you to work your butt off for nothing other than compensation, no rewards, no promotion. getting benefits is like pulling teeth, no member of
Management cares about you or your family but you are expected to bend over backwards for them. If they don't like you they will find a way to fire you, I've seen it happen many times. If you like high stress, anxiety and no appreciation then mercy medical center is the place for you !!!
Benefits
Cons
Lack of human kindness
Sink Or Swim Environment
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 5, 2017
The environment is sink of swim; which can be stressful if your not use to it.Encouraged in a wink wink way to work more than 45 plus hours; to leadership that shows your seeking advancement; however many overlook and resources are burned out and never receive advancement; preferential advancement
Pros
Benefits, salary
Cons
No work life balance, Burned out employees
Great Patient Care
Cardiac Catheterization Technologist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 5, 2017
Staff really take care of their patients in the Cardiac Cath Lab. Difficult work schedule because you may be there for four hours or fourteen and still take call.
Hello Humankindness is not for employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  ManagerJune 2, 2017
Hello Humankindness is not for employees, unless you are upper management, then you can work whatever hours and take time off whenever you want.
The upper management attitude is: "If there are people not wanting to go in the same direction as this bus, we need to kick them off."
No support for mid level managers, you are expected to be on call 24/7.
They need to practice Humankindness with all managers, staff and not just for patients.
Good benefits.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No support for mid level managers. Cut throat management culture..
Productive and growth-encouraging workplace.
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  NVJune 2, 2017
My experience working at Dignity Health was very influential in forming my current direction in the healthcare field. I was fortunate enough to have incredible mentors within my managerial staff who have continued to support me in the growth of my career.
High pace workplace
Surgical Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 1, 2017
Great learning experience. Co workers were really nice and helpful. Would love to come back and work here or in any other department this hospital is very nice.
Nice place to work. Fast paced.
Urgent Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 1, 2017
Nice staff and providers. Professional management. Fast paced and nice place to work. Enjoyed everyday. Good hours for my family. Just had to move out of the area.
Nothing but good reviews
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 1, 2017
Great place to work, people and staff are amazing. Wouldn't mind working for them fulltime days 4/10 hour shifts are ideal for me at this time. No weekends.
Pros
Company honors employees
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Health. Our community is ready to answer.