Dignity Health Employee Reviews

My current position
SURGERY PROCEDURE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2017
I am currently a Surgery Procedure Coordinator. I have been a Surgery Coordinator for 9+ years back in Albuquerque, NM and now in Phoenix, Arizona. I schedule all surgery related and CT Guided appointments with Interventional Radiology. I obtain prior authorizations for all procedures that I schedule. I really like the job duties and I work hard from the minute I get here until the minute I leave. There is a high turnover due to a non-supportive management team within the department. I worked for Dignity Health for 3 years- Benefits are awesome! I enjoyed it until I transferred over to the Dignity Health Medical Group.
Pros
flexible schedule, benefits
Cons
overworked and underappreciated
Commendable mission, needs leadership
e-Learning Curriculum Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 29, 2016
The company mission to serve the poor and disenfranchised is commendable and the people that work there are great to work with. The company needs standards, processes and cohesiveness. Work comes at a million miles an hour and you never feel like you can breathe. Its complete chaos and senior leadership doesn't provide direction. They just say go and so you go and go and go but never feel like you are getting anywhere. There is flexibility for work life balance and the benefits are great but it is a high stress environment. Management doesn't always make you feel valued, they just keep piling more and more work on you.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
super high stress
Definite room for improvement
PBS (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2016
Great team and benefits, however poor management across the organization has created terrible morale. Most of the managers are incompetent and unable to complete simple tasks assigned to their staff. Recent promotions to supervisory positions were given to employees based on personal relationships rather than work performance and ability to lead an effective team. The organizations inability to streamline their processes and guidelines leads to a constant cycle of repetitive work that ultimately costs the organization hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost revenue.

Management's unwillingness to streamline has already cost valuable assets to the organization. The employees are wonderful, however the management team has created a culture of laziness, inefficiency and unwillingness to adapt and become cost effective is affecting the organization as a whole.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management, low morale and outdated technology
great benefits and pay due to the strong union.But horrible management . Not a compny I would say I was proud to work for.
RN (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CADecember 11, 2016
Good pay and benefits. They definitely do not live up to the “ human kindness” motto in the facility I worked in, I cannot speak for the others with the exception of Mercy San Juan where I had two surgeries and again would give them a very poor rating on patient care. I need to work for a company that I feel proud to say I am a part of and would recommend my loved ones to receive care there. I cannot honestly say this about Dignity based on my experience. SNMH had a good old boy mentality . Upper management has all been there forever , for some it is the only job they have ever had and they would never make it elsewhere with their lack of work ethic. Good nurses come and go once they discover their efforts are not appreciated by management.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Risk Services-overall well done. Good job overall.
R.N. Legal Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaDecember 28, 2016
I was placed in two-three of their facilities. My job was an adjunct to Risk Management. Fairly isolated due to nature of job. Interaction with Risk Manager and her assistant, everything else was either phone or e-mail. Learned a lot about Risk and liabilities and the law suits related to malpractice/defense/product liability etc. Management was good and co-workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was completing all the tasks and reviewing the medical records (handwritten- had not gone to electronic records yet). The most enjoyable was the flexability of hours and participating in the process.
Pros
Good retirement and health benefits
Cons
Sometimes the expectations, and the isolation
A growing medical group
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day at work will be assisting providers in creating a smooth work flow for patient care. Greeting, obtaining vitals, preparing them for eval for follow up by provider then following orders if needed. There are a lot of phone calls, referrals, and scanning to take care of on a daily . Time management is extremely important therefore there is a lot to do for just one person per provider. The hardest part was the lack of training upon hire. You really have to learn by trial and error and or catch someone free who is able to help with their self being so busy. The most enjoyable part of my job would really have to be going home knowing you did your best in making a difference with helping a patient. More workers with specific work functions would really help to make the work load smoother and organized.
Pros
Free parking, and excellent medical benefits.
Cons
Short lunch break, and computer programs being used are so complicating and out-dated!
I absolutely loved working here.
RN OB Acute (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 6, 2016
I joined Dignity Health after being a traveler for 8 months. The management is excellent. The benefits are terrific. You can actually get free health insurance if you stay within the Dignity Network. The work was very hard and we had many sick and complicated patients. But the staff made up for the work. We worked very well together and got through anything that was thrown at us. If I could move the hospital to Colorado, I would eagerly!
Pros
Benefits, Staff
Cons
They are located in AZ and not in CO
Excellent place for long term employment
I.V. Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Diginity Health is a great place to work. Competitive wages and top of the line benefits. Management is professional and employees are great. If i had the opportunity, I would go back to work there.
Pros
job security
Hard work, superior compensation
RN II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2016
I started as a data assistant while in an RN program. Once I completed my program, I began work as an EHR Navigator, providing at-the-elbow support for clinical staff during the Cerner EHR implementation. That paved the way for the New Grad program, which I was also hired for and currently work as a RN in Med/Surg.

I enjoy the work, coworkers and helping the patients. We have great resources, the work teams are supportive and helpful. I love the benefits and compensation (we get paid more than any hospital in a 25 mile radius).

It is hard work but it is very rewarding when you can help a patient regain functionality and confidence in their ability to care for themselves.

I love what I do!
Pros
You can swipe your badge to pay for things. Friendly supportive staff
Cons
Nothing that is signifcant enough to write
Hostile environment, terrible management
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 29, 2016
Management here makes this a terrible place to work. He cares about nothing but money. You're constantly working short staffed. The nurses who've been there forever are lazy, and it's too bad they're the ones who train new nurses because then they're lazy too. Only new grads are hired so good luck working with someone experienced. The manager definitely has his favorites, so if you're not one of them, good luck. Nobody is held accountable for their actions. Charge nurses are lazy and have no compassion. People wait for hours with legit emergencies because nobody cares. Coworkers are nothing but drama. This place pays well, but it has to in order to keep employees
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Everything else!
Good Place to Work
Project Manager III - CyberSecurity Program Office (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2016
Good employer, great benefits.
Going through a lot of change as all Healthcare providers are. Many reorganizations and new management.
Pros
Benefits/Work-Life Balance
Cons
Job Security with constant change
Very disappointing
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CAOctober 10, 2016
Was so looking forward to a positive encouraging work place. But we never got there. No leadership, poor management. Horrible lead physician, preaches one thing and does another, poor example of "human kindness" to employees. Can't trust anyone to bring issues needing resolution. No staff meetings. Did not deliver on what was told at interview.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
No breaks, short staffed, no conflict management resolution
Excellent benefits and competitive salary.
Radiologic Technologist (RT) (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 4, 2017
Pay is great, benefits are free if you choose them. Only complaint is some doctors are rude and downright nasty, and filing a complaint does nothing. But I guess that is everywhere. Most coworkers are great! Communication can be a problem sometimes
Pros
Benifits and pay
Cons
Communication
Great team to work with
MATERIALS MANAGEMENT SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 15, 2016
Our manager was very supportive and allowed the Contract Analyst/ Materials Administrators the autonomy to create new and challenging projects. He was very active in all of our endeavors.
I was able to develop processes for new product introductions and process. Although not all ideas were implemented we were able to discuss openly and all feedback was considered a bonus.
Perhaps the most difficult part of the job in the beginning was getting the OR Directors from seven different hospitals to come to agreement all at the same time. We over came the issue by meeting monthly and communicating daily via email and phone. This resulted in product conversions and equipment purchases happening simultaneously and on schedule.
The most enjoyable part was the doctor's, nurses and other staff that I worked with. They all were very informative.
Pros
Pay, benefits, associations
Cons
Occaisional missed lunches/ breaks.
Good Culture
Learning Consultant, Dignity Health Corporate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. It aligns with my ethics and has great benefits. I would work here again. I miss this company
Pros
great benefits, patient satisfaction is number 1
Cons
company not doing well financially
Warm, caring environment to work in
Associate Physician Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 14, 2016
Dignity Health is true to its Hello Humankindness Campaign. My co-workers are great to be with, and promote a friendly environment.
Pros
Benefits, Company Culture
Great People to work with everyday.
EUS Team Leader/Senior Technical Analysis Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2016
Great benefits and people to work with everyday. Very busy, management was good. I would work there again with the right position. HR and the business groups were great to work with.
Dignity Health
Advantage RN (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 15, 2016
The is great company to work for when it comes to healthcare. The benefits are amazing the pay is good. Management is awesome, especially at Mercy Gilbert Medical Center.
Fun place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 15, 2016
Good work environment,fun place to work and meet new people. always something new when working in an ER the rush never gets old . little stressful at time but before you know it it's time to clock out.
Pros
Good benefits
Great Benefits
Application Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2017
Great Benefits, Interesting place to work. Hello Humankindness is great and and Dignity Health's way of life.

Great people to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Health. Our community is ready to answer.