Dignity Health Employee Reviews

very stressful with little or no support
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAApril 20, 2017
A day at work is stressful with no help. No support from management. Large amount of new nurses that seem resistant to staff helping them. New nurses are very competitive and love to find things to make the management aware of without first talking to the primary nurse. Policies were in the computer but even the director could not find them. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done in an efficient and timely manner without help. Often we did not get lunch or breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the clients. I loved making a connection with patients and their families.
Pros
classes, salary, benefits
Cons
very hard to work without breaks and without help and still get finished in a timely manner.
Great company
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2017
Dignity Health provided a great work atmosphere and was privileged to work with talented and dedicated individuals. I would welcome the opportunity to work there again.
fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 20, 2017
This is a fun place to work. Everyone is basically on their own. You do your own stuff we have leads and managers but they are never really checking. As long as you do your job you basically have nothing to worry about.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short staffed
Loved my job
Insurance Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAApril 18, 2017
Marian Medical Center was my second home. I loved my job. I loved helping people. I learned alot thanks to my former manager. It was fast paced and always something different. I would go back.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Some not so great people
Great job environment, cool co-workers, management and admin could improve
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 14, 2017
Cool environment, great co-workers. Management and admin could improve. I feel like lately they have been cutting more jobs and chop shopping them amongst existing employees.
Decent workplace, managers were lax
Content Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 11, 2017
Good employer but very little contact with management and expectations changed daily. I had three different managers during the time I worked there and each gave conflicting orders as to what was expected from me.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Little room for advancement unless you were part of the manager's church group
Great people, great place
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 8, 2017
Dignity health offers alot of places for advancement in Healthcare and has positive work environment. They are always open to input and really stride to make things better
Pros
Cafeteria on site. Accrual of paid time off. Free benefits
Cons
Little room for advancement without degrees.
Diversity at its fullist!
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAApril 8, 2017
I love working with the staff at Dominican Hospital. Dignity specializes in diversity, they have staff and patients from all over the world, which makes for a very interesting place to work. Its exciting to see somany cultures in this area.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Can work many hours
Great process and ideas
Clinical Projects Coordinator / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 7, 2017
Position was ended with 330 lay offs. Dignity does lay offs about every 3 years. Poor management engagement, excellent teamwork amongst the nursing staff.
Pros
Staff collaborate well
Cons
Poor Leadership Engagement
na
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 5, 2017
I enjoy working for Dignity Health. The supervisors are easy to talk to and very flexible if you need time off. The working environment is quick paced but you also have downtime. I love my co workers and meeting new people all the time.
This hospital is simply amazing. Their patient care is wonderful
Youth Worker/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 5, 2017
I volunteering to the Business Department with a wonderful lady that did so much work. It was a pleasure working with her. I helped with the various programs they had and even went to help with events outside my volunteer hours.
Great benefits, competitive pay. No room for growth.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 3, 2017
Pay is great and free benefits with low deductible is amazing. However, there is absolutely no cross training opportunities or growth at all. The company itself is turning very corporate. Coworkers for the most part are good. No extra pay for having a bachelor's degree vs. an associate's degree as an x-ray tech. Very disappointing.
Pros
Benefits pay
Cons
No growth opportunities, corporate environment
Quick and easy!
Santa Maria- Student Intern Radiology (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMarch 31, 2017
quick and easy, just walked me wright through the steps needed to upload my resume and send it off. I typically hate doing these things but in need of a part time job and this was quick and fast.
Pros
quick and fast... dont for get easy!
Cons
I dont know ?
Fun place to work
Facility Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85021March 30, 2017
Dignity is a fun place to work. They gave you opportunity to enjoy work at the same time have fun. They also gave you tuition reimbursement. They gave you the option of discounted meals daily.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
you had to eat with staff
good experience
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAMarch 30, 2017
worked here for two years as staff rn in icu. this was a very diverse hospital, and would slow down or speed up constantly. the politics werenet great but where are they?
Steady
Patient Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 29, 2017
A typical day at St. John's Medical Ctr./Dignity Health was a day of focus, teamwork and patient care. I learned the importance of treating the patient and embracing diversity. Management was excellent and the only weakness was the management turnover. The work culture was strong and steady. The hardest part of the job was seeing a patient family struggle with the fact that their love one is sick and there was nothing they could do but see it. The most enjoyable was building brief relationships with patients and seeing them discharge home to get healthier.
Pros
Wonderful atmosphere and teamwork
Cons
Seeing patient and family suffer
Mission focused community minded employer
Senior Counsel, Employment Litigation (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 24, 2017
Dignity Health is focused on its mission to provide compassionate affordable care to underserved communities. It is among the best places to work in the Bay Area. With almost 60,000 employees, Dignity Health does a good job of leading the industry in compensation and benefits.
Not Leaving
Nutrition Liaison (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 11, 2017
Its a great company to work for, pay is great. Management can flawed but what company has perfect management anyway. I do not plan to leave this company and they work flexible with you if you're a working student.
Pros
Pay
Cons
managerial operations
Good company to work for
Clinical IT Application Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2017
Enjoyed working for Dignity Health, career opportunities were excellent. Able to work remotely in a great team with supportive managers. Continuing education is also available.
Pros
Remote position
Very Business like
FINANCIAL BUSINESS PARTNER (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Great company. It was starting to undergo change when I departed increasing responsibility for analysts that went beyond what I felt was the scope of the job, but overall fair employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Health. Our community is ready to answer.