DIGNITY HEALTH

DIGNITY HEALTH Employer Reviews

Good opportunity for advancement, but get ready for the life style
EMR Implementation Analyst (NextGen) (Current Employee), Long BeachJuly 9, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement
Cons: office politics
I have been given many opportunities for advancement and growth. I have learned a lot here and am eternally grateful for everyone who took the chance on me and was willing to help me grow into my positions. However, leadership is highly unorganized and inconsistent. The way people are allowed to talk and treat each other is mind boggling at times and – more... if you are not part of the cool kids club... you're going to have a bad time. I believed that no matter where you go you are going to have the office politics so I have stayed with the company for many years, but friends who have left say that there is nothing like the Dignity Life Style. – less
excellent
Lab Technician/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJuly 8, 2014
very busy
loved my job
learned a lot
non stop work which is good
very fast paced job alot of work
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee), Merced, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: the people were very friendly there
Cons: i got sick a lot. and it was only a temp position.
My daily day at work was fast past and very busy which I like, I learned a lot about bones and how to see things in x rays, the management was very nice people, my co workers helped out a lot in teaching me how to do different things with the films and x rays. The hardiest part of my job as seeing people in pain especially kids. The most enjoyable thing – more... about this job was learning how to read the x rays and what I was looking at. – less
High standards, high quality patient care.
RN Mercy Hospital (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 7, 2014
Pros: team work.
Cons: i dont really have any cons.
Working in the ICU has been great. I have truly learned so much. I enjoy my job, but have completed my nurse practitioner and would like to pursue this new role.
Ok place to work
Baltimore, MD (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: low pay
Fun place to work.• Typical work day you have to have the ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines.
VERY SATISFYING ENVIRONMENT WITH MANY DIFFERENT CULTURES
Service Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 3, 2014
Pros: i enhanced my ability to muti-task
Cons: facility was shut down
A TYPICAL WORKDAY AT THIS FACILITY WAS WONDERFUL I LOVED EVER MOMENT I LEARNED MANY THINGS SUCH AS HOW TO BE DIVERSE AND EXCELLED WITH MY CUSTOMER SERVICE. MANAGEMENT WAS PERFECT AND SO WAS MY CO WORKERS. THERE REALLY WAS NOT ANY HARD PART OF THIS JOB BECAUSE IF THERE WAS ANY ISSUES THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED IN TIMELY FASHION.
Friendly staff
Cerner Consultant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2014
The staff was extremely friendly and receptive. They asked questions and allowed me to respond and train them accordingly. I enjoyed being there
n/a
Lead Collector (Former Employee), Rancho Cardova CaJune 30, 2014
Dignity Health provides opportunities for employees to volunteer to be a part of process development to enhance ones position.
Dignity Health
PCT (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJune 30, 2014
As a pct, a typical day at work consisted of starting vitals, bed baths, and cleaning patients. Night shift is different then day shift. Night shift deals directly with the patients because PT, OT, ST, Doctors and visitors were usually not with the patient's like they are with day shift which lead for more time being spent with the patients. The management – more... team at dignity health was great, if there was an issue it was solved immediately. Co-workers worked well together to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the night shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the patient's. – less
Great Organization
Senior Community Benefit Coordinator (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJune 30, 2014
Amazing place to work. Great people that share the same vision, values and goals. Everyone works so well together to provide the best care to our patients. People are friendly and the staff really enjoys being there and everyone loves what they do.
It was one of my most difficult jobs
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 27, 2014
It was a hostile environment no one wanted to work as team players
Learned a lot during the 10 years at Northridge
RN, ICU (Former Employee), NorthridgeJune 27, 2014
Pros: learn a tremendous amount at northridge
Cons: tension with management every two years during contract renegotiation
Trauma center with a variety of patients, from neuro, post trauma, to open heart surgeries and everything in between. Good opportunity to learn how to take care of cardiac patients, neuro patients, pulmonary issues, renal and liver diseases, etc. Made life long friends at Northridge and still keep in tough with them.
The hardest part of the job was – more... again witnessing young people die.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a trauma patient recover well. – less
It was like family
Orderly (Former Employee), Mason City, IAJune 27, 2014
I loved my job at mercy. The hours were great and my coworkers were amazing. Hours there were 4, 12 hour days and a 4 hour day one week, then 5, 8 hour days the next week.
everyday is a new experience
Healthcare Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Grass Valley, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: you have new and exciting experiences daily
Cons: we are unarmed and at a disadvantage if and when someone decides to attack a staff memeber.
As a healthcare security officer we work close with nurses and doctors in the care of psych patients as they arrive to the hospital for help. As the site supervisor I have to learn the capabilities of each one of my fellow officers under me to place them in the best location to benefit the hospital for the staffs safety and security. A difficult part – more... of the job is to keep your emotions and empathy in check to perform the services needed, these patients are arriving one what could be one of the worst days of their lives and we can have a profound influence in their recovery. One of the most satisfying parts of the job is when a patient gets through their ordeal and thank you for being there for them. – less
Senior Systems Analyst
IT QA Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2014
IT Consultant working close with multiple clients and advises them on different technical facets in order to offer support to their demands and problems related to the technology being implemented. Helped in providing strategic guidance to the organization related it Quality Assurance, and System administrator duties. Highlights include:
 Test Architect – more... (Ascension Health): Managed implementation and set up of HP QC 11.0 for SAP ERP program. Developed, updated, and maintained testing standards and procedures. Created training program to be used by company on use of and maintenance of HP Quality Center.
 Governance Test Lead (Google): Managed application and user acceptance test for two releases of a telecom enterprise implementation. Trained Google Analysts on standard testing processes and procedures which include test planning, test execution, test data, and defect management, metrics and reporting. Managed 30 users during UAT test execution which allowed completion of UAT on scheduled and budget. Utilized multiple project management tools in order to manage resources and risks across all aspects of testing.
 Test Assessment Consultant (AVNET): Consultant of testing in order to assess the clients testing capabilities. This was done through the use of client interviews and assessment of the clients testing documentation. The assessment looked at the capabilities through the use of the testing maturity model. Analyzed the companies testing capabilities as compared to industry standards best practices. Once complete, formulated short term and long term recommendations for how to improve company standards.
 Windows Administrator (Starwood Hotels): Administered all personal computers for Starwood Hotels WS/FTP monetary account transfers. Configured FTP accounts, Windows account lockouts, and PC imaging. Created documentation for future administrators on setup of accounts for the monetary transfers.
 XML Forms Tester (USPS): Developed Business Intelligence test data to be used for all backend testing for PostalOne. Tested messaging of BI data store using XMLSpy, MQ Utility, Oracle 10g, and Informatics. Created SQL queries in Toad to verify the results of testing. Utilized Test Director 7.6 to test and verify the results and verify all requirements have been met with PostalOne.
 Test Certification SME (Accenture - MIT): Worked with MIT and Accenture’s Solution Delivery Academy in order to develop testing certification. Reviewed and critiqued questions provided for testing center of excellence. Contributed to the creation of exam questions for software analysis and design certification
 Test Lead (SRP): Directed eight contractors in M*Power which is a utility automation system integration testing for utility company. Created documentation for manual test planning and execution during the test planning phase. Developed test strategies and test planning documentation by partnering with business subject matter experts to validate requirements. Worked with business in order to develop test metrics program to be used to track metrics, status, and issues/defect management.
 Systems Administrator (US Treasury Department): Provided network infrastructure support for data center. Administered onsite server support and maintenance of Linux machines utilizing Red Hat Enterprise. Performed network cabling runs and set up of 100+ Cisco, Solaris, and Dell Servers. Documented and maintained servers for the redundant data center.
 Systems Analyst (TSYS): Provided testing expertise in critical areas of banking solution for credit card processing. Attended business analysts meetings for knowledge transfer and documentation for Quality Assurance department to be able to test all requirements. Created templates for use in the development of test script development. Ensured efficiency and attainment of goals by effectively managing all schedules and budgets as related to the Security module of Vital Express. Responded to project managements request to evaluate any open defects before the product went into operational readiness; i.e. beta. Developed Beta program to test the application and validate application works as designed. – less
A typical day at work
Telemetry Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJune 17, 2014
Provided patient care for critically acute and chronically ill patients, including assessments, medication, administration, documentation, education, transfer/discharge/admission of patient and medical procedures.
This is a great place to work if you want to gain knowledge about government billing.
Patient Account Assistant II/Medicare Biller (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJune 10, 2014
The hardest part of this job is they are always adding new facilities so there is always lots of work to be done. The job is pretty fast paced and will keep you very busy.
Great Place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Merced, CAJune 10, 2014
Great opportunity to learn with great pay and benefits. A great management team and great physicians
Hospital enjoyable environment
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 9, 2014
Pros: pay, career building, always hours available
Cons: n/a
Registering patients
confirming information in the hospital system
Verifying insurance
Working long hours/ over-nights
nice group of ladies to work with
Registration Representative (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJune 7, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: busy no breaks
very busy fast pass place to work. every one is nice and team players

1 2 3 4 5

About DIGNITY HEALTH

With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career – Read more