Dignity Health Employee Reviews

positive environment
Registered Nurse Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85224July 19, 2017
A typical day within dignity health includes a positive environment with helpful and kind employees. I work part time and have enjoyed the flexibility as well as the structure they provide. The hardest part of my job is the float pool shuffle. I have learned to be very flexible and this has enhanced my career. I love walking around and having people greet each other, the little things such as flowers in the rooms for patients and the structured ways that the management handles situations.
Pros
kindness cart of snacks provided for staff, the flowers and the small acts of kindness for the patients and the staff.
Highly professional
Linen Distributor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2017
I enjoyed working at Mercy San Juan Medical Group. Though my job only required general labor, I was happy to contribute to the daily operations of the place where people get the care the need.
Pros
Great compensation, rewarding work.
Cons
no longer employed there.
Every man for himself
MENTAL HEALTH WORKER (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 12, 2017
Nursing staff were not team players with the other staff (particularly the other floor staff). Not enough structure required/ provided to patients, causing more patients to become returns, due to minimal clinical gains being made in prior admissions.
Pros
12 hour shifts, means less days a week at work
Cons
Nursing Staff
Enjoyed working
Lab Technician II (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 12, 2017
I enjoyed my experience working at this hospital. The staff was very friendly and open to questions. I highly recommend this organization for it takes care of its people.
My doctor
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 11, 2017
My doctor is great , he may be very busy but it helps us continue learn about our job as we get closer to the patients and make sure they are okay. It may get a little rough because he busy he is but we make it as easy as we can
Very secure job.
Hemodialysis Nurse/Peritoneal Home Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJuly 7, 2017
Worked there for ten years, so that says a lot. As you work you take on more responsibilities. It is fast pace and hard on the body but the group of people that work there are very nice. There is a daycare on site for people with childcare needs and the company is looking at the bottle line but are not for profit and take care of all patients with Dignity just like there name says.
Pros
plenty of education
Cons
difficult to transfer to diferent departments if you are good at your job and just need a change
Mediocre
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 6, 2017
Dignity Health is a mediocre company. I liked my management team, but not my senior leadership team. There is very minimal room for growth if you are not an RN.
Stressful workplace with minimal auxillary help on the floors
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 29, 2017
Dignity Health is a corporate organization and it is evident inside their hospitals. Beautiful on the outside but employees seem to be at the bottom of their list. Sure, benefits are good but the constant feeling of not feeling valued can be difficult to deal with.
Pros
Great benefits. Great coworkers who work well together
Cons
Little help with patient care, Very taxing on the body to work on the floor, Management does not provide an environment that feels safe.
quality performance in this area
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 28, 2017
Team work is important
I learn to work with different people and culture
Work is organisation
Quite place , Respect ,Integrity, Sevices,Excellence and demonstrates the employee's commitment to the moral and ethical values of Care .
Pros
N/a
Cons
15 Minutes
efficient and professional work environment
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJune 27, 2017
there is great management and friendly coworkers, ready to teach and train. flexible schedule and productive shifts where i applied skills learned to my job.
Great Culture
Cerner Clinical Applications Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2017
They take the Hello Humankindness imitative seriously. The people I work with are my friends and feel like family. I know I can count on them to get the job done and also to help me if I ever need it personally. We always come together to help anyone on the team that is in a crisis and I've never seen that anywhere else I work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Harder to work when you're not west coast, requires later nights
It's fast food
Nutritional Staff (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 26, 2017
I worked here in high school. It is just like working for any other fast food job. It gives you spending money, but you are exploited and expected to do jobs that most people are not willing to do. Customers talk to you like you're an idiot, because they expect you to be.
No comment
Financial Advisor/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 25, 2017
I choose not to comment, being that everyone has different experiences. I do not want my experiences to discourage anyone from applying to a job that could very well fit for them and their lifestyle.
Great job security and job advancement opportunities
Medical Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJune 24, 2017
Answer calls-60+ a day

Insurance eligibility and knowledge-Blue Shield, Blue Cross, Medicare, Medi-Cal, Cigna, Aetna, HealthNet, United Healthcare, Tricare

Transferring calls to the correct recipient

Delegating tasks

Relaying results

Patient Care

Schedule/Cancel appointments
Pros
Benefits, Union, Experience
Great workplace culture
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CA 91328June 24, 2017
Dignity Health is a great company to work for. It offers professionals the opportunity to grow and establish a life long career focused on good quality patient care.
review summary
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 23, 2017
Northridge Hospital is a wonderful place to work. there is a lot of room for professional growth in your career and the management team really supoort that
Pros
good food
Cons
expensive cafeteria
Great Mission and Philosophy for Patient care.
EIM Coordinator So Cal Region (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 22, 2017
I have had the opportunity for growth and support Dignity's mission with patient care. Medicine can be stressful and immergent situations at times but then the coming together as a team is the balance.
Pros
Benefits, job security
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 20, 2017
Great place to work, benefits are excellent, staff is very friendly, however looking for a challenge and to be able to expand my knowledge in my career.
Very caring place to work. Small family oriented hospital
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 17, 2017
Loved working there. Small enough hospital every one knew and helped one another.
Great pay and benefits.
Long term employees.
Very caring management.
Pros
Alot of appreciation days.
Cons
Fast paced with short breaks.
Great place to work at
Registered Certified Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 15, 2017
Great place to work at, loved my team members. Every day was a new experience learning new instruments and working with great people. My lead was a great inspiration to me. She was very helpful and responsive to new ideas for the department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Health. Our community is ready to answer.