Dignity Health Employee Reviews

Exceptional Team Collaboration
Business Analyst (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 23, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company. We implemented a huge program with great success. I worked with a great team who I am still in contact with.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Contract Position Only
Good Schedule and Pay
Specialist, Vendor Relations (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2016
I worked Monday thru Friday, reviewing and correcting vendors reports for correct accounts paid. Answered phone calls from patients, Doctors Offices, Health Insurance Companies and Collection Vendors.
I learned a little of diffrent departments like billing, collections and vendors relations. Learned some Insurance procedures and regulations and doctors offices. Also learned some medical billing and coding.
Great Co-workers, poor management
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 19, 2016
My first year Dignity was wonderful, wonderful management/Chief Clinical Dietitian, great co-workers, flexible schedule. After a year, a contract company took over the dietitians and kitchen managers. Multiple people were terminated and the kitchen mangers took over managing the dietitians. Things became very difficult at that time. Dignity has recently taken back over and the dietitians and kitchen managers are, once again, Dignity employees. Unfortunately, the kitchen managers continue to manage the dietitians which does not work. Hopefully this will change but as of now, not a good atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management, no flexibility.
Productive fun place to work
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 14, 2016
Fast paced high energy environment, positive attitudes and outcomes. Communication and team-work at its best, an opportunity for all employees to grow and learn new skills. Assistant managers always willing to help and are open to new ideas. We deal with difficult life and death situations we are able to debrief our experiences with each other in our group sessions. We are rewarded by seeing our patients smile and feel secure at our facility we are able to teach our community about health care and what to expect in future life events.
Pros
Positive Attitudes Good Manangement
Cons
Long 12 hour shifts excessive work loads
Known for Human kindness
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2016
I meet different people everyday. I love my job because of the type of work I do. We work well as a team. It gets tough when we are busy but it helps when we all work together and it makes us proficient in what we do which is care for our patients.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
commute to work
Office of Digital
Director, Online Patient Center (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2016
Best-in-class digital experience and portfolio of services that transform how they attract, engage with, and provide care and dignity for our patients, physicians, consumers and employees in a way that furthers the healing mission, and enhances the ‘Hello humankindness’ brand
Do not work here!
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 1, 2016
Supervisor played favoritism, discrimination against disabilities, don't always follow California law of breaks and lunches, way too much gossip, some staff is very lazy.
Pros
Great medical staff
Cons
Discrimination, do not follow California State Law, Poor Management, understaffed
Hard work, superior compensation
RN II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2016
I started as a data assistant while in an RN program. Once I completed my program, I began work as an EHR Navigator, providing at-the-elbow support for clinical staff during the Cerner EHR implementation. That paved the way for the New Grad program, which I was also hired for and currently work as a RN in Med/Surg.

I enjoy the work, coworkers and helping the patients. We have great resources, the work teams are supportive and helpful. I love the benefits and compensation (we get paid more than any hospital in a 25 mile radius).

It is hard work but it is very rewarding when you can help a patient regain functionality and confidence in their ability to care for themselves.

I love what I do!
Pros
You can swipe your badge to pay for things. Friendly supportive staff
Cons
Nothing that is signifcant enough to write
What is dignity health
Staff RN- Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 28, 2016
I do not know what dignity health is. I need to write 20 word minimum apparently. My three favorite foods are lasagna, cheeseburgers and just about everything
great place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 24, 2016
the coworkers there would be so nice to me and help me with anything that I needed help with. I was able to meet new people. I really liked talking to patients and help family.
Good Place to Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 24, 2016
Great stepping stone for working in Health care environment. Knowledgeable staff to assist patients and volunteers when questions are asked.
Pros
Educated Stff
Cons
Application for Volunteer may take up to 6 months or more
nice place
BHU nurse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 24, 2016
hospital is a nice place to work, but not doing good financially...job security not strong, Hospital census has consistently been very low, rumors of possible closure circualting among staff.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
financial insecurity
Hostility and Harassing work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAAugust 22, 2016
DO NOT work here! HR staff are not supportive of employees who make workplace injury claim. They fire them and retain the aggressor. They dock their PTO "inadvertently". They violate CA labor laws and fabricate their words/actions to cover their hind end. There is no HELLO HUMANKINDNESS practiced by them. What a farce.
Pros
Going home
Cons
HR lies/denies their words/actions - victimize the victim employee
If you would like to die from stress work here
ROI/EMR Associate (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAAugust 13, 2016
Constant harassment , no HR support. Worried about money not patients. The women that work in the offices are very unprofessional, management keeps them to mask the issues with their drama. Drs talking poorly about their patients never checking results. It's a mess.
busy old-fashioned hospital
Clinical Dietitian II (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 10, 2016
A typical day at work included, reviewing patient unit lists, prioritizing the work day, managing time with patient consults, reading patient charts, seeing and educating patients, and rounding with doctors on cases in units.

I learned a ton at this job! I learned about medical nutrition therapy, nursing, the medical profession, hospitals, hospital staff, operations, hospital management, tray line operations, food service operations, staffing, holiday and weekend rotations, healthcare, patient cultures and cultural sensitivities, language barriers, body language, and more!

Management was poor to fair at this job.

My co-workers were all wonderful except for one dietitian who was over 300 lbs and always the white elephant in the room.

The hardest part of the job was working on the pediatric and pediatric icu units as well as the nicu and psych units.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working was the friends I made while working there and the people I helped.
Pros
free lunches, access to healthcare.
Cons
short breaks, long days, weekend shifts.
Patient orientated
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 9, 2016
Dignity Health is all about their patients. They will do what ever is needed in order to ensure their patients are taken care of. It was always the goal to exercise the best practices available.
Pros
Opportunity to succeed
Cons
Department changes
Excellent place to work
Respectful employee (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 2, 2016
I've been employed for 15 years with this company. Excellent place to start a career. People should make the job and not let the job make the person. There are other employers of choice so if you don't like your bosses or the place you work, make the choice and leave😎
Pros
Great pay with great benefits
Hostile environment, terrible management
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 29, 2016
Management here makes this a terrible place to work. He cares about nothing but money. You're constantly working short staffed. The nurses who've been there forever are lazy, and it's too bad they're the ones who train new nurses because then they're lazy too. Only new grads are hired so good luck working with someone experienced. The manager definitely has his favorites, so if you're not one of them, good luck. Nobody is held accountable for their actions. Charge nurses are lazy and have no compassion. People wait for hours with legit emergencies because nobody cares. Coworkers are nothing but drama. This place pays well, but it has to in order to keep employees
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Everything else!
good work environment
STAFF NURSE TELEMETRY (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 25, 2016
This hospital provides care to a diverse patient population which I enjoyed serving. There was the opportunity to work with multiple medical issues and to keep my skills well utilized especially in telemetry, wound care, infection control, pain management and with mental health patient issues. Patient conditions were always changing and my assessment skills were of great asset in treating this patient population. It was a floor where the turn over in patient population was very fast with frequent admissions and discharges. There was a need for expert coordination of care with all care providers and I felt my education was well utilized in this setting.
Pros
diverse, often unstable and challenging patient population
Cons
inadequate staffing at times
One of THE best places to work!
Enterprise Technology Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2016
Dignity Health is a wonderful company to work for. From their Mission Statement right down to the employees. They really do live up to their motto "Hello Humankindness." I worked for one of the best, compassionate, kind and sincere bosses anyone could ever ask for. They have one of the TOP best benefit packages for their employees and are very involved in volunteer services. I has to leave as I needed to move across the states to care for a sick parent. Otherwise, I would still have been an employee. Its a great place!