Dignity Health Employee Reviews in United States

What is dignity health
Staff RN- Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 28, 2016
I do not know what dignity health is. I need to write 20 word minimum apparently. My three favorite foods are lasagna, cheeseburgers and just about everything
great place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 24, 2016
the coworkers there would be so nice to me and help me with anything that I needed help with. I was able to meet new people. I really liked talking to patients and help family.
Good Place to Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 24, 2016
Great stepping stone for working in Health care environment. Knowledgeable staff to assist patients and volunteers when questions are asked.
Pros
Educated Stff
Cons
Application for Volunteer may take up to 6 months or more
nice place
BHU nurse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 24, 2016
hospital is a nice place to work, but not doing good financially...job security not strong, Hospital census has consistently been very low, rumors of possible closure circualting among staff.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
financial insecurity
Hostility and Harassing work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAAugust 22, 2016
DO NOT work here! HR staff are not supportive of employees who make workplace injury claim. They fire them and retain the aggressor. They dock their PTO "inadvertently". They violate CA labor laws and fabricate their words/actions to cover their hind end. There is no HELLO HUMANKINDNESS practiced by them. What a farce.
Pros
Going home
Cons
HR lies/denies their words/actions - victimize the victim employee
If you would like to die from stress work here
ROI/EMR Associate (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAAugust 13, 2016
Constant harassment , no HR support. Worried about money not patients. The women that work in the offices are very unprofessional, management keeps them to mask the issues with their drama. Drs talking poorly about their patients never checking results. It's a mess.
busy old-fashioned hospital
Clinical Dietitian II (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 10, 2016
A typical day at work included, reviewing patient unit lists, prioritizing the work day, managing time with patient consults, reading patient charts, seeing and educating patients, and rounding with doctors on cases in units.

I learned a ton at this job! I learned about medical nutrition therapy, nursing, the medical profession, hospitals, hospital staff, operations, hospital management, tray line operations, food service operations, staffing, holiday and weekend rotations, healthcare, patient cultures and cultural sensitivities, language barriers, body language, and more!

Management was poor to fair at this job.

My co-workers were all wonderful except for one dietitian who was over 300 lbs and always the white elephant in the room.

The hardest part of the job was working on the pediatric and pediatric icu units as well as the nicu and psych units.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working was the friends I made while working there and the people I helped.
Pros
free lunches, access to healthcare.
Cons
short breaks, long days, weekend shifts.
Patient orientated
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 9, 2016
Dignity Health is all about their patients. They will do what ever is needed in order to ensure their patients are taken care of. It was always the goal to exercise the best practices available.
Pros
Opportunity to succeed
Cons
Department changes
Excellent place to work
Respectful employee (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 2, 2016
I've been employed for 15 years with this company. Excellent place to start a career. People should make the job and not let the job make the person. There are other employers of choice so if you don't like your bosses or the place you work, make the choice and leave😎
Pros
Great pay with great benefits
Hostile environment, terrible management
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 29, 2016
Management here makes this a terrible place to work. He cares about nothing but money. You're constantly working short staffed. The nurses who've been there forever are lazy, and it's too bad they're the ones who train new nurses because then they're lazy too. Only new grads are hired so good luck working with someone experienced. The manager definitely has his favorites, so if you're not one of them, good luck. Nobody is held accountable for their actions. Charge nurses are lazy and have no compassion. People wait for hours with legit emergencies because nobody cares. Coworkers are nothing but drama. This place pays well, but it has to in order to keep employees
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Everything else!
good work environment
STAFF NURSE TELEMETRY (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 25, 2016
This hospital provides care to a diverse patient population which I enjoyed serving. There was the opportunity to work with multiple medical issues and to keep my skills well utilized especially in telemetry, wound care, infection control, pain management and with mental health patient issues. Patient conditions were always changing and my assessment skills were of great asset in treating this patient population. It was a floor where the turn over in patient population was very fast with frequent admissions and discharges. There was a need for expert coordination of care with all care providers and I felt my education was well utilized in this setting.
Pros
diverse, often unstable and challenging patient population
Cons
inadequate staffing at times
One of THE best places to work!
Enterprise Technology Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2016
Dignity Health is a wonderful company to work for. From their Mission Statement right down to the employees. They really do live up to their motto "Hello Humankindness." I worked for one of the best, compassionate, kind and sincere bosses anyone could ever ask for. They have one of the TOP best benefit packages for their employees and are very involved in volunteer services. I has to leave as I needed to move across the states to care for a sick parent. Otherwise, I would still have been an employee. Its a great place!
Great culture
Refunds Clerk/Collections (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 17, 2016
I loved being part of this great company that knows how to take care of the employees. Working conditions were great, there was a sense of family
Great team to work with
MATERIALS MANAGEMENT SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 15, 2016
Our manager was very supportive and allowed the Contract Analyst/ Materials Administrators the autonomy to create new and challenging projects. He was very active in all of our endeavors.
I was able to develop processes for new product introductions and process. Although not all ideas were implemented we were able to discuss openly and all feedback was considered a bonus.
Perhaps the most difficult part of the job in the beginning was getting the OR Directors from seven different hospitals to come to agreement all at the same time. We over came the issue by meeting monthly and communicating daily via email and phone. This resulted in product conversions and equipment purchases happening simultaneously and on schedule.
The most enjoyable part was the doctor's, nurses and other staff that I worked with. They all were very informative.
Pros
Pay, benefits, associations
Cons
Occaisional missed lunches/ breaks.
good coworkers
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJuly 10, 2016
Great coworkers, great patient population. Management not always accessible or open to contact. Regular hours, schedule is not always consistent, will be moved to different areas based on need.
Procurement Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2016
Management could use some more training in people skills however for the most part a great place to work. Benefits are incredible, no premium on health insurance
Be prepared to work hard!
Registered Nurse, ICU/CCU (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 4, 2016
RNs at Dignity Health manage ALL aspects of care. We are the transporters, patient care personnel, secretaries. We take out our own trash... literally do everything!
The staff is kind and helpful, but definitely stretched thin due to recent cuts.
Working here is very stressful, in part due to the inherent nature of the job, in part due to the demands put on employees.
The salary and benefits packages are extremely competitive, which makes it difficult to leave and go to another company.
Use to be a great place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 2, 2016
The hospital seems unstable, less staff with more work. No longer seems to be a safe place to work. Been called off for the past 6 weeks - no way to support your family.
Pros
Christian environment
Cons
Incompetent and unfit Management
No Dignity
Management (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 12, 2016
Dignity does not care about the employees. All about the numbers. Beware! Old equipment and buildings. All about the Director bonuses. It's a popularity contest. High turn over.
Cons
Horrible culture.
Warm and inviting staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2016
Everyone in the Sports Medicine Department is always welcoming and willing to help everyone or do whatever they can in their power to best assist one another. I learned how to work effectively with others, as teamwork was always needed by the staff. My head supervisor who has now relocated, was concerned more about numbers and stats rather than providing her employees resources to work efficiently. The hardest part of the job is the work overload caused by low census, and the most enjoyable part of the job is recognition from the physicians and patients.
Pros
employee appreciation
Cons
bad union