Dignity Health Employee Reviews in United States

Diversity atmosphere
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 31, 2015
It has been a great place to accommodate and work in the department. There is a lot of team work involve and communication is always best in any place of employment; however it is our focus to give praises and help each other as much as possible.

Yet, as the new year come; we are loosing a great team member and asset to our department the first of January. We all have meet and know that we now; have to pull together a little bit harder to get things done in our department!

This is why I love working at Saint Francis Memphis.
Pros
free lunch on orientation dates
Cons
flexiability with having children able to balance work and family life
Fast forward to modern medical practices
Representative (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 20, 2016
Dignity was the best place to work several years ago. Especially Dignity North State. I had never been worried about my job security, until this last year. It seems as though more employees are being reprimanded and some of the department heads are being contracted out to outside companies. Hoping to hang on!!
Pros
Great benefits and wages
Cons
Non-secure position
No humankindness and toxic job environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2016
HR is not supportive of addressing staff/management issues. Staff are treated with little, if any respect. Upper management use coercion, belittling and threats on line staff. They create a toxic, non-supportive environment. All employees, particularly at their Ca behavioral health program, are unhappy, un satisfied and feel threatened by upper management-their director of the program. Employees have been told that they have "developmental disabilities", are not acknowledged for their hard work and belittled in front of other staff-toxic environment. Some staff there are willing to do anything to save their job-even at the expense of their colleagues. Dignity Health has created a very unhappy and unsatisfying job environment. Employees cannot even get their health care benefits straight because DH messed up their benefits package. DO NOT WORK HERE-unless you like pain or dysfunction. HR does nothing for employees either. They hide behind the guise of their new campaign of HUMANKINDNESS. There is none here for employees who are not in upper management. Do yourself a favor and look for a healthier job-working environment that will treat you with respect and acknowledge your hard work elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Toxic work environment
Management very poor.
Case Manager/Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 3, 2016
Management does not lead, they do not discuss issues. They go straight to "investigatory meetings". Pah! Worst management model. They do not work with employees. Very adversarial. I speak to care coordination at MSJ. Have worked at other facilities in past where it was different. Sad to see.
Pros
Great salary, good benefits.
Cons
Poor management.
Was Mismanged in the past
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I was hired in 2010 to work for the HIM Department. Come 2011 we were told the department was over staffed by two FTEs. Unfortunately our positions were eliminated. The question is why hire people if you are over staffed to begin with? As far as my supervisor,director and manager go, they were great people to work for. I wish them the best. I heard the director was outsourced to an outside company while leading the HIM team.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Can flex and cancel when the census and discharges are low.
Great company to work for
medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Ventura County, CADecember 12, 2015
Overall this is company is more than decent to work for. No place is perfect but I believe and I see they really are working towards employee satisfaction. It's growing faster then they can hire back office and supporting staff. But it will get there. Just like any company it was it's politics and occasional caddiness. Benefits are pretty good. Doctors are great and staff is friendly. Management and the human resources rep need improvement. Personally my direct manager is a gem. I hope she stays forever!
Pros
Growing company
Cons
understaffed
Great Place to work
Receptionist- Preforms registration duties (Current Employee) –  San Andreas, CAJanuary 23, 2016
It is a very busy atmosphere, registering patients, answering phones, faxing. The hardest part of the job is trying to compose yourself when the patients are upset and don't feel well and they tend to take it out on you. But you just have to be empathetic and understanding to there situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the people you work with are like a second family, we all care about each other.
Pros
good healthcare benefits
Cons
not all the patients are friendly
Bakersfield Memorial Hospital
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Overall, great organization that really strives to be current and offer a competitive edge in the community. The downside is that the hospital is Unionized by the SEIU for Allied Healthcare positions (LVNs, CNAs, Medical Assistants, Surgical Techs, X-ray Techs) and the CNA union for RNs. I am a non-union employee and I really do not like how the Union & it's employee representatives, are always fighting the change that leadership is trying to make- for the good! Grant it, clinical staff is not guaranteed to work 40hrs a week- but the standby, the time and half call-back pay, continuing education hours freely given, constant incremental raises, make up for it. Most of the time, this hospital is short-staffed, but I genuinely believe it is because Bakersfield is a difficult market to sell to RNs from Los Angeles (the area and the pay is not comparable). The Union protects the worst employees who breed a culture of bullying and negativity, at least in my department.
Pros
Benefits: FREE HEALTH INSURANCE, Tuition Reimbursement, opportunity for growth among other Dignity Health facilities.
Cons
Bakersfield Memorial Hospital Cons: Union Hospital. Physicians get away with bad behavior, senior admin. will let them have their way even though it affects our department budgets, staffing levels, and contrary to our own policies.
Great place to work, they really take of their employees and patients.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CADecember 13, 2015
At dignity there is a lot of room for advancement. They work with you if you are in school or have other family obligations. I worked in a busy fast paced clinic but we always enjoyed our work. Management did a good job at making sure everybody's needs were met. They had a lower starting wage but always gave raises and offered a great benefits package!
Work with good people
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 14, 2016
I have enjoyed working with the staff there- they are supportive. Last year there was no raise, and this year my raise was 0.75%.
Pros
work with good people
Cons
Non-existent to poor raises
Great company with great benefits
Manager Decision Support (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 1, 2016
Really depending on your manager, there is a good work/life balance, with good benefits. Not a ton of potential moving up.
Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2016
Good benefits, good work life balance and management. They allowed telecommuting which is very nice. Senor leadership was lacking. No real direction. Mostly reacting to budget.
IT Contractor (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 5, 2016
This was a fast paced, always changing, IT environment in a hospital setting. The management and attitude was positive and high energy. The benefits were competitive. My coworkers were personable. It was a great job to have.
Pros
Good pay, good work enviroment
Cons
High stress
This organization is well-invested in promoting Humankindess
Pharmacy Technician/Price Clinic (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 15, 2015
My experience with this organization was good. They are genuinely concerned with changing the culture of their employees to reflect Humankindess. The benefits package is outstanding. I give them the highest rating.
Pros
Free medical coverage
Cons
Emloyees are people and people will be people.
variety of clients that are provided services
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CANovember 8, 2015
i enjoyed the variety of procedures performed and variance of health level of clients that arrived each day for care/monitoring in this department, this diversity could encompass a client with conscious sedation who will be discharged to a client with complicated health issues awaiting higher level of care (ICU room availability)
Pros
benefit ans salary package
Cons
long hours 16-20 hr shifts
High Stress, Fast Paced, Rewarding Patient Outcomes
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CANovember 3, 2015
Twelve hours days, three days a week, demanding, incredible co-workers, long days, but four days off per week. Great pay and benefits. Loved my patients, and educating them and their families kept me going. Upper management was creating an atmosphere of hostility on a hospital wide level.
Pros
Pay, benefits, close to home, Incredible Co-Workers, 4 days off
Cons
Long Days, High Stress, Over worked staff, Poor Upper Management
Exhausting job environment
RN PIU (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Despite the great staff and good compensation and benefits, the culture of work is such, that administration consistently employs unprofessional and incapable managers, which makes the work place extremely stressful.
Good benefits
Office Coordinator/Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 4, 2016
Fine place to work, good benefits. The hospital I work for really needs electronic health records, without this we lack the efficiency potential. It leaves room for error and creates a larger work load.
case management coordinator
Case management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  sacramento caAugust 3, 2015
The main function of a case management aide is to provide support to case managers. While the exact job responsibilities vary by setting, they generally include performing administrative tasks, such as maintaining case files, updating referral information and verifying information related to health insurance or benefits. Some case management aides are required to interact with clients, perform initial intake interviews to determine the type of problem or need, formulate treatment plans in conjunction with case managers or social workers and help review treatment progress.
Asst. to Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 6, 2015
Awesome leadership, plenty career advanced opportunity. Good company mission and talent philosophy. Competitive compensation and love the corporate commitment to the community.
Pros
great workplace environment, competitive compensation
Cons
None I am aware of