Dignity Health Employee Reviews in United States

Negative culture
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 2, 2016
Chandler Regional has an extremely negative culture towards employees. Many people who stay and are promoted behave in a negative behavior towards their co-workers or staff. Many within the Social Work Dept have been verbally abusive over the years & when reported to HR or above it is always ignored. The pleasant & hard-working employees are always the ones to leave.
Pros
401k matching
Cons
NEGATIVE CULTURE
Talkative and educating
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 29, 2016
Normal rounds to patients for vital signs, food, and serving patients. Each floor has little staff but lots of responsibilities.
Good for Working Students
Certified Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 28, 2016
I worked with Comfort Keepers while attending school full time. They were great about finding my shifts with clients that fit around my class schedule.
Team was fun to work with, but too much management turn over
Application Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2016
Typical day was 8-10 hours a day with 2 weeks of 24/7 on-call every 6-8 weeks. High leadership turn around caused a definite lack of traction in team guidance as each new manager had a different idea of what to do and how to do it. Leadership was brought in from outside more than promoted from within, and many times from areas other than production support,so the guidelines and expectations were skewed a lot of times, at least initially. On our team in particular the leadership team that was in place when I left was very detail oriented and required precise and detailed information across all areas of support. This included additions to the usual enterprise procedures that actually tended to slow down the work. There were few positive strokes. Errors were pointed out immediately, as is needed, but good work was not as quickly rewarded. Many times, good work was shown to the enterprise as the "manager and team" with no other individuals other than the manager being listed. It was also frowned upon to point out possible pain points as pertains to any tasks. They wanted all information put forth in a positive manner with possible pain points played down or not mentioned at all. At times we were required to call in to conference calls while on paid time off. The team members were available to each other via mobile phone 24/7 and messaging interior to the company during business hours. Our team worked very well together and covered each other well. I was proud of our work and how we handled ourselves and our tasks. We covered 15+ business offices and 40+ hospitals across three  more... states with a user base of over 3,000 people.  less
Pros
Good front line team dynamics, knowledgeable co-workers, allowed remote access/telecommuting
Cons
Lack of traction in leadership due to high turnover at that level, little to no internal promotion, lack of "positive strokes"
Exciting place to work
Access Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 26, 2016
I have worked for Dignity Health for the last 13 years and have really enjoyed the people and admire the company's Mission Statement. I really enjoy my co-workers and have built life-long relationships with many of them. Benefits are great with this organization!
Awesome ping pong
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2016
Ping pong and pool tables are great
Staff is great
I enjoy being a team player within the company.
Lucky to be a part of such a great staff
Would have stayed if management would have been more experienced and less a crowd pleaser in the moment
Emergency Room Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2016
Loved my job. Loved 95% of the people I worked with. Can't stand the cadyiness of some of the nurses and the favoritism played by management to their little "tattle tales" that sometimes made things up to make themselves look better. Management believed it too. I feel management had horrible communication skills, played favorites and once he/she didn't "like" you, it became a vicious cycle. So if you want to play high school games and yes sir yes ma'am all the clickyness this is the job for you 😊
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Lack of real management
Quaint community hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAApril 15, 2016
Nice place to work. I love the people I work with, especially my supervisor. It is a family atmosphere here! I was welcomed here as a new grad nurse and have had the opportunity to grow within the organization.
pleasant frienly enviroment
coder 1 (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 14, 2016
I enjoyed working for dignity health. The positive atmosphere, and the encouragement that I received was a overall pleasant experience.
Saint Francis Hospital
Computer Tech (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 14, 2016
I enjoyed working for Saint Francis Hospital. A very good place to work.Excellant management who greated their employees fairly.
Fast paced, family oriented
Refund Specialist, Admissions and Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAApril 8, 2016
Worked my way up from a file clerk, to refund specialist and customer service. When the business services sold to Catholic Health Care West, I was 1 of only 3 out of 25 people that was offered a chance to keep my job. The hospital later called me back to work in the registration department and switchboard operator/customer service. I had a great time doing so many different things at this job and it gave me great experience for my next job.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Co workers
No humankindness and toxic job environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2016
HR is not supportive of addressing staff/management issues. Staff are treated with little, if any respect. Upper management use coercion, belittling and threats on line staff. They create a toxic, non-supportive environment. All employees, particularly at their Ca behavioral health program, are unhappy, un satisfied and feel threatened by upper management-their director of the program. Employees have been told that they have "developmental disabilities", are not acknowledged for their hard work and belittled in front of other staff-toxic environment. Some staff there are willing to do anything to save their job-even at the expense of their colleagues. Dignity Health has created a very unhappy and unsatisfying job environment. Employees cannot even get their health care benefits straight because DH messed up their benefits package. DO NOT WORK HERE-unless you like pain or dysfunction. HR does nothing for employees either. They hide behind the guise of their new campaign of HUMANKINDNESS. There is none here for employees who are not in upper management. Do yourself a favor and look for a healthier job-working environment that will treat you with respect and acknowledge your hard work elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Toxic work environment
Amazing workplace
File/Unit Clerk -Filing (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 6, 2016
This was my very first job. I started out volunteering there, and fell in love with the team of people I worked with. Everyday, I would learn something new, and touch the life of a new patient and family.
Pros
great place
Great staff
RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2016
Best part of job is the people I work with, a great group of down to earth, compassionate individuals. Hardest part is heavy workload with very acute patient population.
Management very poor.
Case Manager/Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 3, 2016
Management does not lead, they do not discuss issues. They go straight to "investigatory meetings". Pah! Worst management model. They do not work with employees. Very adversarial. I speak to care coordination at MSJ. Have worked at other facilities in past where it was different. Sad to see.
Pros
Great salary, good benefits.
Cons
Poor management.
Ones experience would vary depending upon the particular facility and unit manager.
RN (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAMarch 29, 2016
SNMH is probably not the shining star of the Dignity Health system. Overall the benefit package and wages are quite good. The management in my particular department is horrible. I cannot speak for the rest of the facility.
Fast forward to modern medical practices
Representative (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 20, 2016
Dignity was the best place to work several years ago. Especially Dignity North State. I had never been worried about my job security, until this last year. It seems as though more employees are being reprimanded and some of the department heads are being contracted out to outside companies. Hoping to hang on!!
Pros
Great benefits and wages
Cons
Non-secure position
New internship program
Patient Experience Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 17, 2016
New internship program with growth potential. I was exposed to a myriad of health care management opportunities within an acute health care setting. Gained knowledge on how to be courteous and empathetic in regards to patient complaints and/or concerns.The most helpful experience that I feel like I received from interning with St. Bernardine Medical Center was learning how important conducting patient satisfaction interviews were to their organization. It is important to know how you’re doing and if you’re providing services that are of more benefit than harm to the serving community. The least helpful experience that I had at St. Bernardine was the never-ending abundance of emergency room post-discharge phone calls consuming too many hours. Although I'm very supportive of the cause and understand its importance, I didn’t expect to feel like I was a call center representative. Overall my internsip with St. Bernardine Medical Center has been instrumental in helping me become more familiar with day-to-day administrative hospital operations.
Pros
Half-off in the cafeteria for volunteers and interns
Cons
Never-ending phone calls
Productive place to learn and grow
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 16, 2016
It's a good place to learn,very detail oriented place, everybody respect each other,time goes very fast because there is a lot to do.
Pros
MANAGEMENT BUYS LUNCHES TO EMPLOYEES.
Cons
WE GET ONE HOUR LUNCH
Work with good people
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 14, 2016
I have enjoyed working with the staff there- they are supportive. Last year there was no raise, and this year my raise was 0.75%.
Pros
work with good people
Cons
Non-existent to poor raises