Dignity Health Employee Reviews in United States

Warm and inviting staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2016
Everyone in the Sports Medicine Department is always welcoming and willing to help everyone or do whatever they can in their power to best assist one another. I learned how to work effectively with others, as teamwork was always needed by the staff. My head supervisor who has now relocated, was concerned more about numbers and stats rather than providing her employees resources to work efficiently. The hardest part of the job is the work overload caused by low census, and the most enjoyable part of the job is recognition from the physicians and patients.
Pros
employee appreciation
Cons
bad union
Great facility to work at, Rotations keep you from being bored!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 7, 2016
I have recently relocated to Moreno Valley,looking for a job with a reasonable commute.

I enjoy working with the staff at Dignity Health,
The training they provide is exceptional.
The most difficult part of the job is morgue duty, releasing patients to the coroner.
I enjoy interacting with other people and also giving them a sense of security.
The camaraderie of my coworkers is great,
Pros
Training, Good Management, Potluck Thursdays
Cons
5 hour commute
Not what it seems...
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYMay 5, 2016
I had a terrible experience working in this company. The management for the ultrasound department is terrible. Alot of favoritism, ego-trips, and retaliation goes on her. Especially with upper management. The radiologists aren't that great in what they do. You can't ask many of them questions. They treat you as though u should know everything. One doctor actually speaks down to everyone who's not a doctor. THINK TWICE BEFORE CHOOSING THIS COMPANY AS A WORKPLACE.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Everything...
Would have stayed if management would have been more experienced and less a crowd pleaser in the moment
Emergency Room Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2016
Loved my job. Loved 95% of the people I worked with. Can't stand the cadyiness of some of the nurses and the favoritism played by management to their little "tattle tales" that sometimes made things up to make themselves look better. Management believed it too. I feel management had horrible communication skills, played favorites and once he/she didn't "like" you, it became a vicious cycle. So if you want to play high school games and yes sir yes ma'am all the clickyness this is the job for you 😊
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Lack of real management
Negative culture
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 2, 2016
Chandler Regional has an extremely negative culture towards employees. Many people who stay and are promoted behave in a negative behavior towards their co-workers or staff. Many within the Social Work Dept have been verbally abusive over the years & when reported to HR or above it is always ignored. The pleasant & hard-working employees are always the ones to leave.
Pros
401k matching
Cons
NEGATIVE CULTURE
Fast paced, family oriented
Refund Specialist, Admissions and Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAApril 8, 2016
Worked my way up from a file clerk, to refund specialist and customer service. When the business services sold to Catholic Health Care West, I was 1 of only 3 out of 25 people that was offered a chance to keep my job. The hospital later called me back to work in the registration department and switchboard operator/customer service. I had a great time doing so many different things at this job and it gave me great experience for my next job.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Co workers
Good management. Great interaction with customers.
CPT II (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMay 25, 2016
Innovative. Very fast paced and never boring. As challenging as patients can be, the interaction always balances in favor of the friendly and pleasant over the unstable.
Bosses and management are very good, I actually relocated from my last job at their prompting. Enjoy my fellow employees for the most part.
Pros
Appreciation from management
Cons
System restrictions
Nice place to work
Per Diem Radiologic Technician (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 22, 2016
Typical Day at work is a busy day, starting with routine x-rays, portables, c-arms and fluoroscopy procedures. I learned that there is no "I" in being a "Team" member. My co-workers are very professional and teamwork really plays a vital role in the every day / weekends we worked.
Pros
Short distance to home
Cons
Very busy, sometimes we miss our break in the afternoon due to patient load.
Team culture enhanced effective patient safety, education .
Staff RN Behavioral Health Psychiatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 27, 2016
Provided much education to staff, learning experiences for safe patient care. Management very supportive and working with ancillary disciplines with encouraging team morale.
Pros
Educational programs as nurses
Cons
Busy schedules yet workable with my system of creating routine best for safety
Great Benefits, Company Values ignored by management
support staff (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 20, 2016
I love my benefits, and what the company stands for. Only problem is the local leadership in the Sacramento area DO NOT live or even lead by example the company; Mission, Vision & Values.

It's rather disheartening.

Also, do not pay employees as high as other health care organizations in the region.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Poor Leadership and pay
Not comfortable
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 29, 2016
Being in the nursery and maternity with the nurses was not all that was cracked up to be. Nurses were mean and nobody cared to be there, wanted to put their work onto their volunteers so they can be lazy. Nurses treat the maternity department like the excitement of watching grass grow. Had to switch departments to the gift shop. I stayed because the woman in the gift shop was wonderful and I made a lifelong friend.
You are also stuck with a 6 month volunteer term, but I guess that's common.
Pros
One free meal per shift, incentive for more hours
Cons
"Co-workers" lazy & rude
Fast forward to modern medical practices
Representative (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 20, 2016
Dignity was the best place to work several years ago. Especially Dignity North State. I had never been worried about my job security, until this last year. It seems as though more employees are being reprimanded and some of the department heads are being contracted out to outside companies. Hoping to hang on!!
Pros
Great benefits and wages
Cons
Non-secure position
Management very poor.
Case Manager/Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 3, 2016
Management does not lead, they do not discuss issues. They go straight to "investigatory meetings". Pah! Worst management model. They do not work with employees. Very adversarial. I speak to care coordination at MSJ. Have worked at other facilities in past where it was different. Sad to see.
Pros
Great salary, good benefits.
Cons
Poor management.
Growing Company with Toxic Management
Physician/Medical Group Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 24, 2016
The organization as a whole means well, but there are still a lot of undignified people in leadership positions that do not deserve their roles, as they are not role models nor are they well-equipped to help their employees become exemplary for their success. Not speaking on behalf of the whole organization, just the Finance team within the Foundation.
Was Mismanged in the past
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I was hired in 2010 to work for the HIM Department. Come 2011 we were told the department was over staffed by two FTEs. Unfortunately our positions were eliminated. The question is why hire people if you are over staffed to begin with? As far as my supervisor,director and manager go, they were great people to work for. I wish them the best. I heard the director was outsourced to an outside company while leading the HIM team.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Can flex and cancel when the census and discharges are low.
Great Place to work
Receptionist- Preforms registration duties (Current Employee) –  San Andreas, CAJanuary 23, 2016
It is a very busy atmosphere, registering patients, answering phones, faxing. The hardest part of the job is trying to compose yourself when the patients are upset and don't feel well and they tend to take it out on you. But you just have to be empathetic and understanding to there situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is that the people you work with are like a second family, we all care about each other.
Pros
good healthcare benefits
Cons
not all the patients are friendly
Exciting place to work
Access Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 26, 2016
I have worked for Dignity Health for the last 13 years and have really enjoyed the people and admire the company's Mission Statement. I really enjoy my co-workers and have built life-long relationships with many of them. Benefits are great with this organization!
Ones experience would vary depending upon the particular facility and unit manager.
RN (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAMarch 29, 2016
SNMH is probably not the shining star of the Dignity Health system. Overall the benefit package and wages are quite good. The management in my particular department is horrible. I cannot speak for the rest of the facility.
Diversity atmosphere
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 31, 2015
It has been a great place to accommodate and work in the department. There is a lot of team work involve and communication is always best in any place of employment; however it is our focus to give praises and help each other as much as possible.

Yet, as the new year come; we are loosing a great team member and asset to our department the first of January. We all have meet and know that we now; have to pull together a little bit harder to get things done in our department!

This is why I love working at Saint Francis Memphis.
Pros
free lunch on orientation dates
Cons
flexiability with having children able to balance work and family life
Enjoyable experience working with Project Managers and Analyst on a daily basis to be sure the projects were successful
Project Manager, O360 Projects (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2016
I enjoyed working with the staff at Dignity Health. I worked from -home typically 8-10 hour days as DH is located in AZ and I am on the east coast. I grew professionally during my tenure as most of my colleagues were also remote workers. Much of our time was spent utilizing WebEx for meeting. Communication through email. I worked with analysts for research and coordination of events such as development, testing and go live processes.
Being sure deadlines were met could sometimes be risks that needed to be resolved. The challenges were welcome.
Pros
living on the east coast, I was able to get daily excercise prior to starting work, Working from home allows for no interuptions.
Cons
Not having day to day comradery with colleagues in the same state, not having the ability to just walk over to someone's office.