Dignity Health Employee Reviews

I absolutely loved working here.
RN OB Acute (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 6, 2016
I joined Dignity Health after being a traveler for 8 months. The management is excellent. The benefits are terrific. You can actually get free health insurance if you stay within the Dignity Network. The work was very hard and we had many sick and complicated patients. But the staff made up for the work. We worked very well together and got through anything that was thrown at us. If I could move the hospital to Colorado, I would eagerly!
Pros
Benefits, Staff
Cons
They are located in AZ and not in CO
Great working environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 10, 2016
I Love working with everyone that is at the Chandler location. Management is very good at picking who they aloud to work at the hospital and who will fit in well with the other employees. The most enjoyable part would be the that management listens to our concerns and really finds the answer to fix/work us through the tough times which helps make us know they want us in a comfortable working environment.
Pros
your not on one tower/position day after day, they more you around almost everyday.
Cons
Morning run is very high stressed with the amount of draws to be done within just 2 1/2 hours.
Great work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CANovember 21, 2016
A typical day at work for myself is a 12 hour night shift, which can not even begin to be described in a short box like this. But what I would love to say about Dignity Health SNMH is that the management and coworkers are amazing. Since my employment, I have learned so much about nursing and always feel supported by my peers. The hardest part of the job lately is not getting enough hours. For me the absolute most enjoyable thing is interacting and providing care for my patients. I love the values of Dignity Health, and I truly strive to live and work by their motto of providing Humankindness.
Best Hospital In Phoenix
EKG Technician/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 27, 2016
I love working for Dignity Health, I have worked for many hospitals and they top most of them. I would love to transfer to a sister hospital if they had one in San Diego, but unfortunately they do not. I highly recommend them to anyone. The department I work in now is the best! My manager exceeds all managers I have ever worked for. I love working my three hour twelve shifts on the weekends and one week day so I can attend school during the day. I will miss Dignity Health when I leave.
Pros
Tutition reimbursement
Cons
Some of the management
Good Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 13, 2016
I have worked with this hospital for ten years. I have worked with great hard working staff. i have learned so much there with pt and nurses. Team work usually exist is the working atmosphere but it gets pretty hectic when we are short staff do to change of census when it is a busy season. Nurses there are very helpful with the new hired nurses and it is nice to see that you work in such a very teamwork like vibe at work.
Very disappointing
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CAOctober 10, 2016
Was so looking forward to a positive encouraging work place. But we never got there. No leadership, poor management. Horrible lead physician, preaches one thing and does another, poor example of "human kindness" to employees. Can't trust anyone to bring issues needing resolution. No staff meetings. Did not deliver on what was told at interview.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
No breaks, short staffed, no conflict management resolution
Great Co-workers, poor management
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 19, 2016
My first year Dignity was wonderful, wonderful management/Chief Clinical Dietitian, great co-workers, flexible schedule. After a year, a contract company took over the dietitians and kitchen managers. Multiple people were terminated and the kitchen mangers took over managing the dietitians. Things became very difficult at that time. Dignity has recently taken back over and the dietitians and kitchen managers are, once again, Dignity employees. Unfortunately, the kitchen managers continue to manage the dietitians which does not work. Hopefully this will change but as of now, not a good atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management, no flexibility.
Good Schedule and Pay
Specialist, Vendor Relations (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2016
I worked Monday thru Friday, reviewing and correcting vendors reports for correct accounts paid. Answered phone calls from patients, Doctors Offices, Health Insurance Companies and Collection Vendors.
I learned a little of diffrent departments like billing, collections and vendors relations. Learned some Insurance procedures and regulations and doctors offices. Also learned some medical billing and coding.
Productive fun place to work
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 14, 2016
Fast paced high energy environment, positive attitudes and outcomes. Communication and team-work at its best, an opportunity for all employees to grow and learn new skills. Assistant managers always willing to help and are open to new ideas. We deal with difficult life and death situations we are able to debrief our experiences with each other in our group sessions. We are rewarded by seeing our patients smile and feel secure at our facility we are able to teach our community about health care and what to expect in future life events.
Pros
Positive Attitudes Good Manangement
Cons
Long 12 hour shifts excessive work loads
Hostility and Harassing work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAAugust 22, 2016
DO NOT work here! HR staff are not supportive of employees who make workplace injury claim. They fire them and retain the aggressor. They dock their PTO "inadvertently". They violate CA labor laws and fabricate their words/actions to cover their hind end. There is no HELLO HUMANKINDNESS practiced by them. What a farce.
Pros
Going home
Cons
HR lies/denies their words/actions - victimize the victim employee
Hard work, superior compensation
RN II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2016
I started as a data assistant while in an RN program. Once I completed my program, I began work as an EHR Navigator, providing at-the-elbow support for clinical staff during the Cerner EHR implementation. That paved the way for the New Grad program, which I was also hired for and currently work as a RN in Med/Surg.

I enjoy the work, coworkers and helping the patients. We have great resources, the work teams are supportive and helpful. I love the benefits and compensation (we get paid more than any hospital in a 25 mile radius).

It is hard work but it is very rewarding when you can help a patient regain functionality and confidence in their ability to care for themselves.

I love what I do!
Pros
You can swipe your badge to pay for things. Friendly supportive staff
Cons
Nothing that is signifcant enough to write
Rally Family Visitation Services
Program Manager, Rally Family Visitation Services (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 25, 2016
Non-profit community program under Dignity Health, provides services in 3 counties, hires primarily per diem social workers, low starting pay, client population can be challenging, working with low income DV cases providing supervised visitation services
Hostile environment, terrible management
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 29, 2016
Management here makes this a terrible place to work. He cares about nothing but money. You're constantly working short staffed. The nurses who've been there forever are lazy, and it's too bad they're the ones who train new nurses because then they're lazy too. Only new grads are hired so good luck working with someone experienced. The manager definitely has his favorites, so if you're not one of them, good luck. Nobody is held accountable for their actions. Charge nurses are lazy and have no compassion. People wait for hours with legit emergencies because nobody cares. Coworkers are nothing but drama. This place pays well, but it has to in order to keep employees
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Everything else!
Great Place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aptos, CAOctober 11, 2016
I loved working for Dignity Health, loved all the staff and Doctors. They were all sorry to see me leave and would highly recommend me. I only left to relocate to Indiana.
Pros
Wonderful Team of Kind, considerate people
Cons
Extremely fast paced, stressful at times, but loved it anyways. Good days always out weighed the bad
One of THE best places to work!
Enterprise Technology Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2016
Dignity Health is a wonderful company to work for. From their Mission Statement right down to the employees. They really do live up to their motto "Hello Humankindness." I worked for one of the best, compassionate, kind and sincere bosses anyone could ever ask for. They have one of the TOP best benefit packages for their employees and are very involved in volunteer services. I has to leave as I needed to move across the states to care for a sick parent. Otherwise, I would still have been an employee. Its a great place!
good work environment
STAFF NURSE TELEMETRY (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 25, 2016
This hospital provides care to a diverse patient population which I enjoyed serving. There was the opportunity to work with multiple medical issues and to keep my skills well utilized especially in telemetry, wound care, infection control, pain management and with mental health patient issues. Patient conditions were always changing and my assessment skills were of great asset in treating this patient population. It was a floor where the turn over in patient population was very fast with frequent admissions and discharges. There was a need for expert coordination of care with all care providers and I felt my education was well utilized in this setting.
Pros
diverse, often unstable and challenging patient population
Cons
inadequate staffing at times
Be prepared to work hard!
Registered Nurse, ICU/CCU (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 4, 2016
RNs at Dignity Health manage ALL aspects of care. We are the transporters, patient care personnel, secretaries. We take out our own trash... literally do everything!
The staff is kind and helpful, but definitely stretched thin due to recent cuts.
Working here is very stressful, in part due to the inherent nature of the job, in part due to the demands put on employees.
The salary and benefits packages are extremely competitive, which makes it difficult to leave and go to another company.
Office of Digital
Director, Online Patient Center (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2016
Best-in-class digital experience and portfolio of services that transform how they attract, engage with, and provide care and dignity for our patients, physicians, consumers and employees in a way that furthers the healing mission, and enhances the ‘Hello humankindness’ brand
Do not work here!
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 1, 2016
Supervisor played favoritism, discrimination against disabilities, don't always follow California law of breaks and lunches, way too much gossip, some staff is very lazy.
Pros
Great medical staff
Cons
Discrimination, do not follow California State Law, Poor Management, understaffed
Known for Human kindness
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2016
I meet different people everyday. I love my job because of the type of work I do. We work well as a team. It gets tough when we are busy but it helps when we all work together and it makes us proficient in what we do which is care for our patients.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
commute to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dignity Health. Our community is ready to answer.